Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:33:21 AM

I got tired of people saying they had never heard of Qora. I decided stiring things up and getting people talking was better than being almost unheard of. Sometimes a sledgehammer is needed. Actually I've been defending NXT along the way if you read what I have posted.

I'm just one guy, I end up looking like some ambassador also for Qora cause no one else is talking about it. I should be just one passionate user among another 130 stakeholders. I am fully aware i'm not being subtle, but sadly even trolls are informing people about this coin more than average stakeholder.

Here is what I'll tell you.
Original stakeholders don't have a lot of interest to do the leg work, because they got their coins so cheap they already cashed out their original investment, they won't lose anything now even if Qora's price doesn't go up. They are not good marketers for Qora.

The best marketer for a coin is a person who purchased the coin at market price. That coin becomes his vested interest and he works his ass off to promote it.

Hence, your goal is to get more people on board so that more people have vested interest in promoting Qora. How do you do that? I've been telling you a few times - sell at cheaper prices, the price will later recover if the technology is good, but then Qora will have more people on its side who do the leg work promoting it, because they have vested interest.

There is a grain of truth in what you are saying. I have been saying from the start, price is everything and showing the price moving is everything in crypto!

I again sound arrogant but I want responsibility for the early push up to 80 sats. I was saying people need to go in and buy up Qora and push the price up, 10 BTC can push the coin 50%, then it snowballs on Coinmarketcap.

You argument is similar but you want people to sell cheap. Problem is many have like 1% of coins, no whales to feel generous to sell off cheap. ironically too many people in POS actually produces price stability not instability what people say.

I agree on one thing. People need to see a price gain and movement which is why im happy if the price drops like a stone. Now any small drops are bought up, its happening now, its just very slow. Someone is keeping a lid on the small vol by doing little fake orders that make it look like the price is dropping. At some point it will rocket, but its slow.

People with coins should sell some off imo. I did myself after I bought some with BTC just to oil the wheels.

get excited, sell some coins, buy some coins, but don't let us sit on our hands anymore.

To the Moon!!!! Grin

Under 50 vol is a crime for this coin on one exchange whether the price is going up or down! I swear one guy is holding the price down with about 1 BTC! crazy!

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:41:14 AM

Ok so where are all the people that said we have to do more marketing etc in the last few pages.  Cheesy

No marketing, one (talented) dev and a lot of get-rich-quick types waiting for the price of Qora to magically jump up without them lifting a finger for it to happen. Perfect storm if you ask me Grin

I know, will we ever reach the heights of credibility and quality of NEM or Dogecoin! One can only dream. (sarcasm)

He's actually got the point. He didn't say anything about Qora, only about initial stakeholders. For now there's only one person who did significant amount of work - Agran.

I partially agree. I think Qora holding back offical marketing has left us a bit in a grey zone plus we aren't involved in development like NXT had.

I actually think its not just about active community doing stuff its the lack of cheerleading!!!

Most threads have loads of blah blah coin to the moon etc! Most activity on threads is hype and discussion on price. Almost no discussion on price here. I did my bit by simply talking about Qora on other threads but almost no one came to back me up so I look like some scam pumper rather than passionate user.

We got to at least get excited about unique features like voting! Starting a thread will take 5 minutes. I will if no one else does, but another name on it sure would be better.

Some of your posts actually look pretty glaringly. You can't post things like: "you better start buying Qora before it's too late" in Nxt and other important for us coins threads.

I got tired of people saying they had never heard of Qora. I decided stiring things up and getting people talking was better than being almost unheard of. Sometimes a sledgehammer is needed. Actually I've been defending NXT along the way if you read what I have posted.

I'm just one guy, I end up looking like some ambassador also for Qora cause no one else is talking about it. I should be just one passionate user among another 130 stakeholders. I am fully aware i'm not being subtle, but sadly even trolls are informing people about this coin more than average stakeholder.

In fact I found when I started threads and people started arguing with me, the vol jumped up. Little bit arrogant but at least people were talking about Qora.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity.html

I'm not saying it's bad. But there's a room for some improvements Smiley Especially if someone from us posts in 2nd gen coins threads. It's much easier to talk to people invested in POS coins coz they're fine with POS and limited number of initial stakeholders. It's almost impossible to deal with POW fanatics so we need to have good relations among other POS coins.

I'm not sure people are that negative about POS. They want to hear its a 'fair' POS thats all. Which for Qora that isn't that hard.

Those who hold to POW as superior are starting to look like Dinosaurs really. The recent Bitcoin problems with Ghash 51% is making POS look better too.

One thing I suggest is that we don't try to ignore and argue with trolls too much. Use them as a way to explain again and again why Qora is great. They help things by keeping the thread near the top and people talking about Qora. Having heavy trolling is a badge of honor for a new coin.

Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:41:59 AM

Ok so where are all the people that said we have to do more marketing etc in the last few pages.  Cheesy

No marketing, one (talented) dev and a lot of get-rich-quick types waiting for the price of Qora to magically jump up without them lifting a finger for it to happen. Perfect storm if you ask me Grin

I know, will we ever reach the heights of credibility and quality of NEM or Dogecoin! One can only dream. (sarcasm)

He's actually got the point. He didn't say anything about Qora, only about initial stakeholders. For now there's only one person who did significant amount of work - Agran.

I partially agree. I think Qora holding back offical marketing has left us a bit in a grey zone plus we aren't involved in development like NXT had.

I actually think its not just about active community doing stuff its the lack of cheerleading!!!

Most threads have loads of blah blah coin to the moon etc! Most activity on threads is hype and discussion on price. Almost no discussion on price here. I did my bit by simply talking about Qora on other threads but almost no one came to back me up so I look like some scam pumper rather than passionate user.

We got to at least get excited about unique features like voting! Starting a thread will take 5 minutes. I will if no one else does, but another name on it sure would be better.

Some of your posts actually look pretty glaringly. You can't post things like: "you better start buying Qora before it's too late" in Nxt and other important for us coins threads.

In fact I found when I started threads and people started arguing with me, the vol jumped up. Little bit arrogant but at least people were talking about Qora.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity.html

I'm not saying it's bad. But there's a room for some improvements Smiley Especially if someone from us posts in 2nd gen coins threads. It's much easier to talk to people invested in POS coins coz they're fine with POS and limited number of initial stakeholders. It's almost impossible to deal with POW fanatics so we need to have good relations among other POS coins.

I have to agree with dzarmush.My post has nothing to do with you gorillajam, but I have to agree and let me clear my thoughts below.
We need to build a strong community by supporting Qora, expose the potentials of Qora's, highlight the features and particularities, moving forward with Qora and if possible move the entire "world" with Qora.
We must avoid the "get rich and get rich fast" and we definitely must avoid to became controversial.
We need to support development, embrace it and contribute in there.
A simple "phrase", a simple idea could became the most impressing project.And that's what we need to do.

Things like, vote on mintpal, bter please add qora, buy now, loathing other coins are thinks that has nothing to do with Qora in frontline at this moment... are just speculating methods and "provisional impressions".
I do not say that we don't need exchanges or not to support Qora on FUD's and trolls but the point is that we simple need a "strategy".
We cannot have it in one day, but we need to focus on that and sure, one day we will feeling more excited than we are now.

Thanks

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:42:04 AM

Under 50 vol is a crime for this coin on one exchange whether the price is going up or down! I swear one guy is holding the price down with about 1 BTC! crazy!

Would it be the other way? If he has bitcoin, he can only be buying, how is he holding the price down? You can hold it down only if you got Qoras Cheesy

At any rate, no price is a crime, the price is what the market thinks the coin is worth. Why so low? Because you guys don't do the leg work, because few of you have vested interest in doing anything for Qora.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:42:12 AM

Original stakeholders don't have a lot of interest to do the leg work, because they got their coins so cheap they already cashed out their original investment, they won't lose anything now even if Qora's price doesn't go up. They are not good marketers for Qora.

The best marketer for a coin is a person who purchased the coin at market price. That coin becomes his vested interest and he works his ass off to promote it.

Hence, your goal is to get more people on board so that more people have vested interest in promoting Qora. How do you do that? I've been telling you a few times - sell at cheaper prices, the price will later recover if the technology is good, but then Qora will have more people on its side who do the leg work promoting it, because they have vested interest.

There is a grain of truth in what you are saying. I have been saying from the start, price is everything and showing the price moving is everything in crypto!

I again sound arrogant but I want responsibility for the early push up to 80 sats. I was saying people need to go in and buy up Qora and push the price up, 10 BTC can push the coin 50%, then it snowballs on Coinmarketcap.

You argument is similar but you want people to sell cheap. Problem is many have like 1% of coins, no whales to feel generous to sell off cheap. ironically too many people in POS actually produces price stability not instability what people say.

I agree on one thing. People need to see a price gain and movement which is why im happy if the price drops like a stone. Now any small drops are bought up, its happening now, its just very slow. Someone is keeping a lid on the small vol by doing little fake orders that make it look like the price is dropping. At some point it will rocket, but its slow.

People with coins should sell some off imo. I did myself after I bought some with BTC just to oil the wheels.

get excited, sell some coins, buy some coins, but don't let us sit on our hands anymore.

To the Moon!!!! Grin

The problem is people are stupid. They ask for low prices but don't buy.

Nxt price was only 0.00005 btc a couple of weeks ago but nobody was buying. But lots of people bought at 0.00012-0.00016.

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:50:58 AM

Please avoid overquoting, it's disrespect to those reading the thread.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:03:19 AM

To the Moon!!!! Grin

Nxt price was only 0.00005 btc a couple of weeks ago but nobody was buying. But lots of people bought at 0.00012-0.00016.

[/quote]

Exactly! Which is why once the price starts moving people start running in. And the interest rises. I'm not suggesting a pump im just saying the chart is as flat as Frankensteins head at the moment. So boring. Lets get out of this rut and lets move this thing a bit. Price volatility is good for distribution imo.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:05:24 AM

The name exchange and voting system are innovations in the crypto-world. We just need a website - decent and frequently updated. I can translate it to Greek. We need at least 8 languages.

Also a reddit design is needed.

BTW: How's the website progress going?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:34:36 AM

The name exchange and voting system are innovations in the crypto-world. We just need a website - decent and frequently updated. I can translate it to Greek. We need at least 8 languages.

Hello.

I know a professional translator that could do translations for (bounty/fee) in other 2 languages
Italian and Croatian.

Let me know if you are interested.

Bye.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:55:00 AM

Hello.

I know a professional translator that could do translations for (bounty/fee) in other 2 languages
Italian and Croatian.

Let me know if you are interested.

Bye.

Translation would be great, but we offer only bounties now if they also do some marketing in Italy and Croatia. Because if you translate it, most of the time, maybe just a few people read it, except for the bigger countries, like china/russia.

So yeah he can do translation, but he also has to do some marketing in those countries and prove it with links.

Let me know if he feels like helping Qora.
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:55:33 AM

Does Anybody know where that guy is, who designed a nice looking wallet for Qora???
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:35:27 AM

Does Anybody know where that guy is, who designed a nice looking wallet for Qora???

If I'm not mistaken that was just a template designed by dzarmush.

No it was a other guy. The design was also with a weather forecast, which the most people didnt like
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

No it was a other guy. The design was also with a weather forecast, which the most people didnt like

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6918491#msg6918491

Yes thanks. I just send him a message.
mikesbmw

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:44:04 AM

You do know that is the NXT Wallet with a different skin?
Don't pay to much for this.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
Etanllah

Activity: 426

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:57:21 AM

You do know that is the NXT Wallet with a different skin?
Don't pay to much for this.

I'm a very big NXT supporter and the wallet is very very similar but it certainly looks rather different as well. The only thing that seems similar to me is the layout. Are you sure its the NXT wallet?

Regardless, I think that would be amazing for Qora to have a wallet like that!
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:00:43 PM

We should say yes to more things. Someone wants to translate, do it, someone wants to set up reddit, do it.

But I personally don't like the idea of a third party getting involved in the GUI for security reasons plus that is the area that Qora will cover with his helper after functions are implemented. Plus NXT has the problem of too many wallets. I do think people go crazy over nice looking wallets though, Silkcoin is almost definitely a scam but people seem happy to trust it cause the wallet is pretty!

Later when functions are done maybe the guy can hep Qora develop the GUI but I would hold back on that one for now.

Our job is mainly to drum up interest and educate people imo.

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:10:38 PM

We should say yes to more things. Someone wants to translate, do it, someone wants to set up reddit, do it.

But I personally don't like the idea of a third party getting involved in the GUI for security reasons plus that is the area that Qora will cover with his helper after functions are implemented. Plus NXT has the problem of too many wallets. I do think people go crazy over nice looking wallets though, Silkcoin is almost definitely a scam but people seem happy to trust it cause the wallet is pretty!

Later when functions are done maybe the guy can hep Qora develop the GUI but I would hold back on that one for now.

The first things need to do is to build a website.
D, where is the website.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:14:54 PM

D, where is the website.

+1000

also the rating in Twins site should be much higher, now that poloniex and voting system are ready. Much higher

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:21:36 PM

D, where is the website.

+1000

also the rating in Twins site should be much higher, now that poloniex and voting system are ready. Much higher

Yes these outside aspects like website, good looking wallet and also a promo video are real important to attract the bigger crowd. For some people crypto is just like a woman. Getting attracted by her looks and staying with her because of her qualities.

Dzarmush is messaging the guy for the video and website. Please Dzarmush can you post there progress and a time goal when these things are finished?

I send a message to the wallet designer guy. But if there is someone else who can create a wallet, feel free.

Thanks
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:37:14 PM

D, where is the website.

+1000

Yes these outside aspects like website, good looking wallet and also a promo video are real important to attract the bigger crowd. For some people crypto is just like a woman. Getting attracted by her looks and staying with of her qualities.

Dzarmush is messaging the guy for the video and website. Please Dzarmush can you post there progress and a time goal when these things are finished?

I send a message to the wallet designer guy. But if there is someone else who can create a wallet, feel free.

Thanks

You are free to do what you want in terms of wallet designs but don't you think NXT suffered from too many wallets? It got confusing for outsiders.

User friendliness will make or break Qora and allow it to compete with NXT etc. Seems to have that process done again by too many people with eye candy as the main purpose.

Of course do what you want. I'll be waiting for Qora on this one though.

Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: