Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:35:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748203 times)
Etanllah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:31:36 PM

This is a simple login screen right now @gorillajam.
Do you have a better look and feel to propose gorillajam?

I await your proposal.
Should we have qora add a vote for the type of wallet people want with an example website with a URL in a comment field?

Qora functionality is already different from NXT.

I could create a Top Menu (just like the current Qora client with colors) instead of a left side menu (NXT/Counterparty, etc... have this).
Let me know your thoughts.

If we look exactly like a NXT/NXT Clone with very similar functions then how can we distinguish ourselves from NXT/NXT Clone?

People think great lets look like them. But then we just look like them people are like oh we are just like them.

Same with getting on exchanges, people are like oh great we are going to be on Cryptsy just like all the other coins, then we are just there wondering why.

Do we want to look and be like everyone else s coin? Personally I hate NXT wallets and its layout. We should learn from it, not copy it.

Gorillajam is a great advocate of Qora but he's very hung up on NXT for some reason. I certainly agree that Qora should not try to replicate NXT or look like it. Qora needs to be it's own. I do believe that a wallet makeover would help as well.

I say keep up the great work on the wallet, it's looking great. People keep saying that we shouldn't worry about working on the wallet, but as far as I know it's only 1 person. There are plenty of other people that can work on other tasks.
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:36:52 PM

I await your proposal.
Should we have qora add a vote for the type of wallet people want with an example website with a URL in a comment field?

I could create a Top Menu (just like the current Qora client with colors) instead of a left side menu (NXT/Counterparty, etc... have this).

If we look exactly like a NXT/NXT Clone with very similar functions then how can we distinguish ourselves from NXT/NXT Clone?

People think great lets look like them. But then we just look like them people are like oh we are just like them.

Same with getting on exchanges, people are like oh great we are going to be on Cryptsy just like all the other coins, then we are just there wondering why.

Do we want to look and be like everyone else s coin? Personally I hate NXT wallets and its layout. We should learn from it, not copy it.

Gorillajam is a great advocate of Qora but he's very hung up on NXT for some reason. I certainly agree that Qora should not try to replicate NXT or look like it. Qora needs to be it's own. I do believe that a wallet makeover would help as well.

I say keep up the great work on the wallet, it's looking great. People keep saying that we shouldn't worry about working on the wallet, but as far as I know it's only 1 person. There are plenty of other people that can work on other tasks.

Just trying to respect and trust the developers plan. Plus yeah looking like everyone else seems counterproductive. Don't we need the developer to be involved to implement any wallet design? Seems that's not part of his plan and not on the agenda till the functions are done. Plus him working on the core stuff is what we want him on now. Here's what he has said:

"Creating a custom design takes a lot of time if you want to make it work properly with java swing.
At this point I prefer developing the core and features instead of developing the GUI." (Qora)

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:40:43 PM

Is there an APi available to access the Qora Wallet locally? I would like to write an app and want to test it on my local instance.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

Thanks, that is exactly what i was looking for  Smiley

Is there an APi available to access the Qora Wallet locally? I would like to write an app and want to test it on my local instance.

I don't have an answer to your question but you can find the API Documentation here.
QoraKnight

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:43:06 PM

I await your proposal.

ASIC-8Tile,

Are you a Java developer? I'd like to share with you what I'm thinking.

Stay with the current design (desktop instead of browser-based), but make it simpler for newcomers. We can create a windows executable or an one-click installer using launch4j or JWS, we will create a windows EXE with its own private JRE (or embedded JRE) to make Qora look like a native windows application. It'll be more appealing to newbies and windows crowd alike.

You should concentrate your effort on improving the current GUI (speaking of which, I'm not really a fan of NXT-style wallet).

Thanks for the effort though. You have my respect and admiration.  Smiley

PS: I'm guessing Skerberus probably used a program like InstallShield to make the packaged installer. But we can go one step further and use launch4j to make an executable with embedded JRE. It'll be much better than a simple installer in my opinion.
Skerberus

Activity: 912
Merit: 664

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:21:25 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 08:32:45 PM by Skerberus

ASIC-8Tile,

Are you a Java developer? I'd like to share with you what I'm thinking.

Stay with the current design (desktop instead of browser-based), but make it simpler for newcomers. We can create a windows executable or an one-click installer using launch4j or JWS, we will create a windows EXE with its own private JRE (or embedded JRE) to make Qora look like a native windows application. It'll be more appealing to newbies and windows crowd alike.

You should concentrate your effort on improving the current GUI (speaking of which, I'm not really a fan of NXT-style wallet).

Thanks for the effort though. You have my respect and admiration.  Smiley

PS: I'm guessing Skerberus probably used a program like InstallShield to make the packaged installer. But we can go one step further and use launch4j to make an executable with embedded JRE. It'll be much better than a simple installer in my opinion.

I used Advanced Installer and my installer contained an embedded jre too! Never heard of launch4j, but looks very nice thanks for the hint. The problem is that the trust issue is still there if qora does not build the executable himself. Launch4j looks pretty easy, so maybe qora will build an executable with it for us.

By far the easiest way would be if qora creates another standalone zip which contains a portable java and changes the run.bat to "%~dp0\java\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
Then unzipping alone should do the job for every windows! user.
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:36:29 PM

I used Advanced Installer and my installer contained an embedded jre too! Never heard of launch4j, but looks very nice thanks for the hint. The problem is that the trust issue is still there if qora does not build the executable himself. Launch4j looks pretty easy, so maybe qora will build an installer with it for us.

By far the easiest way would be if qora creates another standalone zip which contains a portable java and changes the run.bat to "%~dp0\java\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

Skerberus,

You sound like a fellow Java developer.  Smiley I think you and ASIC-8Tile should form a GUI support team and work on it together (I can also help out). Did you get the portable Java from PortableApps?  Smiley I'm thinking that we might be able to make the installation cleaner by using JWS or some sort of script to detect whether JRE has already been installed, if not, then direct the user to download it from the web and go from there (I'd imagine a lot of newbies don't even know they need JRE installed to make Qora wallet works). The point is to make it as newbie-friendly as possible, I suppose.

Take a look at launch4j, it's a great little free app that supports embedded JRE now. You can just embed your dynamic libraries and even a private JRE in this thing and voila!  Smiley You were also right in suggesting that Qora Dev should modify the run.bat. It can be confusing to newbies too.

Best regards.  Wink
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:45:39 PM

I am here.

Working on the login.
With existing wallet and without existing wallet.
Here is the beginning of the html look and feel on my local webserver. The port will change and there will be a wrapper with no back/forward buttons etc.. for security purposes..

1.) With existing wallet.

Regards,

Does Anybody know where that guy is, who designed a nice looking wallet for Qora???
Good, I support you.
But I think in the early stage, less people will use this wallet for big amount qora.
But I will try it for a little qora just for test.

Asic, good you here. I like the front, but I dont like the colors light blue, red and green. It doesn't fit with Qora.

If you look to the logo and twitter and FB of Qora, the main colors are black, purple and white.

Can you change it into this colors and post it again?

Thanks a lot. Good you are helping
Skerberus

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:52:49 PM

I used Advanced Installer and my installer contained an embedded jre too! Never heard of launch4j, but looks very nice thanks for the hint. The problem is that the trust issue is still there if qora does not build the executable himself. Launch4j looks pretty easy, so maybe qora will build an installer with it for us.

Skerberus,

You sound like a fellow Java developer.  Smiley I think you and ASIC-8Tile should form a GUI support team and work on it together (I can also help out). Did you get the portable Java from PortableApps?  Smiley I'm thinking that we might be able to make the installation cleaner by using JWS or some sort of script to detect whether JRE has already been installed, if not, then direct the user to download it from the web and go from there (I'd imagine a lot of newbies don't even know they need JRE installed to make Qora wallet works). The point is to make it as newbie-friendly as possible, I suppose.

Take a look at launch4j, it's a great little free app that supports embedded JRE now. You can just embed your dynamic libraries and even a private JRE in this thing and voila!  Smiley You were also right in suggesting that Qora Dev should modify the run.bat. It can be confusing to newbies too.

Best regards.  Wink

Yes I am a java developer, but not a very good gui designer. I can achieve everything you said with Advanced Installer too ( including jre check and autodownload if java is missing). The advantage of my version would be a shortcut on the desktop and and real installation ( no need to unzip manually....many newbies have problems with it). But unfortunately don't know how to solve the trust issue....if qora has an advanced installer version i could prepare everything so that he just has to add the files and build an executable...but most likely he does not have the program.
Fern

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

I've just got up and running, can someone send me a few..

QQSiYh8yuS9DFrSjCda8FjTJCrCJZyYHhH

thanks
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

Really nice to see by the way more and more community members starting to actively participate in the development and grow of Qora.

Together we will build, grow and rise to top 5 of Cryptocurrency.

Keep up the good work people.
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 09:07:47 PM

thanks

Here is the faucet and here are giveaways

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:09:31 PM

Yes I am a java developer, but not a very good gui designer. I can achieve everything you said with Advanced Installer too ( including jre check and autodownload if java is missing). The advantage of my version would be a shortcut on the desktop and and real installation ( no need to unzip manually....many newbies have problems with it). But unfortunately don't know how to solve the trust issue....if qora has an advanced installer version i could prepare everything so that he just has to add the files and build an executable...but most likely he does not have the program.

Skerberus,

That's wonderful!!  Grin  You know eli_yd1 already has a Qora forum up and running (Qora.Club), maybe we can ask him to create a Developer's Section, so people who are interested in developing for Qora will have a place to discuss.

Having said that, I'm thinking maybe we can have a Development Support Team in support of Qora Dev.  Qora Dev can work on adding main features and core functionality, and we can work on minor tweaks (like having a secure forging mode for Qora client).

I've got a lot of ideas I'd like to share with you guys. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling here, but I'm hoping you and ASIC-8Tile will be able to join this Support Dev Team. Qora is a great project, and it can certainly use more people with the skills and technical know-how.  Smiley

PS: there are few possible free alternatives - 1) use launch4j to create a windows wallet for Qora, and use something else for MAC and Linux. We will publish different wallets for different platforms. 2) I am mostly a C++/C# kind of guy, and I'm thinking maybe we can write a new client for Qora from scratch in C# 3) Use JWS or other installation development program that is free.
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:11:33 PM

Skerberus,

Here is what I think - a possible solution to the trust issue.

We will have the Qora Dev examine our work and publish the work under his main qora account.

I really like your idea of having a cleaner installer for the newbie. Can we ask the dev about that?
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:12:37 PM

thanks

Here is the faucet and here are giveaways

Sent you 500 Qora.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

Skerberus,

We will have the Qora Dev examine our work and publish the work under his main qora account.

I really like your idea of having a cleaner installer for the newbie. Can we ask the dev about that?

The problem is you have zero trust on this forum. You have shown yourself to be dishonest. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7285065#msg7285065

So why would anyone in their right mind want you anywhere near wallet development?

Like Dzarmush has said its not wise to trust installers, the first few could be safe and then an update can steal your coins.

If you want to do something focus on other areas, cause at this point after pushing Dzarmush to the sidelines with abuse and FUD and then jumping into wallet development you look like a scammer.

I don't want to hear any response from you so don't bother.

Go start a twitter campaign or something but get the fuck off wallet development!  

Skerberus

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:01:09 PM

Skerberus,

That's wonderful!!  Grin  You know eli_yd1 already has a Qora forum up and running (Qora.Club), maybe we can ask him to create a Developer's Section, so people who are interested in developing for Qora will have a place to discuss.

Having said that, I'm thinking maybe we can have a Development Support Team in support of Qora Dev.  Qora Dev can work on adding main features and core functionality, and we can work on minor tweaks (like having a secure forging mode for Qora client).

I've got a lot of ideas I'd like to share with you guys. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling here, but I'm hoping you and ASIC-8Tile will be able to join this Support Dev Team. Qora is a great project, and it can certainly use more people with the skills and technical know-how.  Smiley

PS: there are few possible free alternatives - 1) use launch4j to create a windows wallet for Qora, and use something else for MAC and Linux. We will publish different wallets for different platforms. 2) I am mostly a C++/C# kind of guy, and I'm thinking maybe we can write a new client for Qora from scratch in C# 3) Use JWS or other installation development program that is free.

Well this is in my opinion way to early for this step. At the moment the code is closed source and in order to help he would have to send us the source code. That would require too much trust, because e.g. someone could publish it. While I appreciate your ideas the community should be strictly against this step at the moment. After the code is open source (if it gets open source) we could talk about things like that.

Skerberus,

Examining an installation is very time consuming and there is no guarantee that you find for example a backdoor. Moreover he would have to examine the executables for every version. I think qora has too much to do with the features he wants to implement right now. I still don't see a good way to resolve the trust issue....
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:06:35 PM

Examining an installation is very time consuming and there is no guarantee that you find for example a backdoor. Moreover he would have to examine the executables for every version. I think qora has too much to do with the features he wants to implement right now. I still don't see a good way to resolve the trust issue....

You're right. I guess we're in agreement. Your initiative to create a simpler-to-use Qora wallet was a good one. I just didn't want it to go to waste. That's all.

Like I said, launch4j is very simple to use, maybe qora dev can do it himself, and release a dedicated Windows Wallet with embedded JRE to appeal to the Windows crowd, which happens to be the majority.
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

gorillajam,

Are you sure you want to start another fight with me again?  Because I promise you that if I ever walk out of here again, I will not be coming back.  Smiley Meanwhile, here's something for you to ponder & digest:

1. Aside from being able to work with some graphics programs, dzarmush pretty much has NO technical know-how. And you want to get rid of me in support of him?  Smiley When I have got a lot more to bring to the table than he does?  Okaay~  Cheesy Let's put dzarmush to work on coding/development in addition to whatever he's working on then.  Grin

2. There are very few developers among the early stakeholders, and I happen to be one of them. I am both an original stakeholder and a developer. I can certainly make big contributions to development. You are asking me to quit? Okaay~  Grin

3. It's funny because you're the worst offender, and you're harming Qora in more ways than you can imagine. You've been attacking newcomers with different opinions and throwing random insults at whim. Do you understand you're the sole reason why a lot of people are refusing to participate in this thread?  A lot of people have told me in private that they are reluctant to participate because of people like you.

4. Have you done anything for Qora except talking and attacking people? You honestly think you were doing positive promotion by showing up here everyday? Well, LOL~
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:11:58 PM

gorillajam,

Are you sure you want to start another fight with me again?  Because I promise you that if I ever walk out of here again, I will not be coming back.  Smiley Meanwhile, here's something for you to ponder & digest:

1. Aside from being able to work with some graphics programs, dzarmush pretty much has NO technical know-how. And you want to get rid of me in support of him?  Smiley When I have got a lot more to bring to the table than he does?  Okaay~  Cheesy Let's put dzarmush to work on coding/development in addition to whatever he's working on then.  Grin

2. There are very few developers among the early stakeholders, and I happen to be one of them. I am both an original stakeholder and a developer. I can certainly make big contributions to development. You are asking me to quit? Okaay~  Grin

3. It's funny because you're the worst offender, and you're harming Qora in more ways than you can imagine. You've been attacking newcomers with different opinions and throwing random insults at whim. Do you understand you're the sole reason why a lot of people are refusing to participate in this thread?  A lot of people have told me in private that they are reluctant to participate because of people like you.

4. Have you done anything for Qora except talking and attacking people? You honestly think you were doing positive promotion by showing up here everyday? Well, LOL~

Hmm... Ok, Interesting, bye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQzHsnGaP4

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: