Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262674 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 02:07:06 PM

Bitcoin100 just got free advertising space with bitcoinadvertisers.com, thanks Andrew Bitcoiner (thread)

PROMOTION: I will be giving away 1btc worth of free advertising to a charity or non profit of your choice, preferably bitcoin related.  

Please submit your suggestions on this thread, I will close the promotion and make the ad sometime Sunday.

http://bitcoin100.org (thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0)

Looks very worthy  Smiley

Alright so the winner by unanimous decision is http://bitcoin100.org! Congratulations, please PM me with

Ad text
URL http://bitcoin100.org
Link text

Do you guys have some suggestions with the ad text ?

I'm going to have to get back with you on that.

how about "BitCoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving" ? Saw it is on the Bitcoin100 website already.

edit: hello, thread is still alive ?

Thread is alive, but I'm the one sidetracked. RL a tad hectic, coupled with the little excitement on this forum of late.

I opted for Bitcoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving as a slogan of sorts for the website, but still am partial for Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending as a strong slogan for Bitcoin overall (albiet, not an official slogan). Needless to say, but I got the idea from TED: An Idea Worth Spreading.

This is the reason I don't like posting important stuff when tired. After reading your post a couple/three times, I just now realized what you were in reference to--the ad. I thought you were implying something else, but it kept eluding me. Feel free to use that, if you want.

~Bruno~

Thanks Bruno, guess Andrew Bitcoiner just pledged 1 btc for Bitcoin100 with this action. I sent him a message with the missing ad details.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 05:02:35 PM

Bitcoin100 just got free advertising space with bitcoinadvertisers.com, thanks Andrew Bitcoiner (thread)

PROMOTION: I will be giving away 1btc worth of free advertising to a charity or non profit of your choice, preferably bitcoin related.  

Please submit your suggestions on this thread, I will close the promotion and make the ad sometime Sunday.

http://bitcoin100.org (thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0)

Looks very worthy  Smiley

Alright so the winner by unanimous decision is http://bitcoin100.org! Congratulations, please PM me with

Ad text
URL http://bitcoin100.org
Link text

Do you guys have some suggestions with the ad text ?

I'm going to have to get back with you on that.

how about "BitCoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving" ? Saw it is on the Bitcoin100 website already.

edit: hello, thread is still alive ?

Thread is alive, but I'm the one sidetracked. RL a tad hectic, coupled with the little excitement on this forum of late.

I opted for Bitcoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving as a slogan of sorts for the website, but still am partial for Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending as a strong slogan for Bitcoin overall (albiet, not an official slogan). Needless to say, but I got the idea from TED: An Idea Worth Spreading.

This is the reason I don't like posting important stuff when tired. After reading your post a couple/three times, I just now realized what you were in reference to--the ad. I thought you were implying something else, but it kept eluding me. Feel free to use that, if you want.
~Bruno~

Thanks Bruno, guess Andrew Bitcoiner just pledged 1 btc for Bitcoin100 with this action. I sent him a message with the missing ad details.

Feel free to take care of the ad content if you desire, meanwhile I watch for Andrew's pledge.

~Bruno~
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:26:16 PM

Be advised, you have an incoming bitcoin targeted at the Kenya humanitarian expedition.
You guys rock!
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 02:47:52 AM

www.humblebundle.com

For anyone in a charitable mood who also likes video games, the Humble Indie Bundle is going on now.

Sadly, no bitcoin donation option.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 10:00:37 PM

Just want to say sorry for dropping the ball a bit on tracking donations. Was too busy finishing up my MBA and stuff. I updated the sheet at the same location with what I could find: http://goo.gl/Mk3hp
Let me know if anyone finds any errors/issues.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 10:12:53 PM

So, can someone update the thread (and OP) with a current state of the organization? It looks like we've got our initial 100 BTC. Has anyone identified a charity that wants this starter pot? Has any Bitcoin been granted?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 06:15:13 AM

I'm currently in the process of doing a little house cleaning (updating) on this thread the Kenya thread. Another post is forthcoming, but I wanted to paste a quote from the Kenya thread here for the record.

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84497.msg936391#msg936391

Sorry for not wanting to read everything on the BTC100 project , but what is the status of these feature :

* Pledge to donate X bitcoins to Y organization when they agree to add Bitcoin donation option to their website.
Ex : donate 1.5btc to org1, 2btc to org2, 5btc to org3 , ect...
Then have this as a big publicly available table and organization would have an incentive to accept bitcoins.

* Having a mailing list setup so I can be noticed of new charities to donate to, (weekly / monthly)

I see no benefits to donate to the poors of this world, I am poor myself, and think our average bitcoiners arent wealthy enough to be annoyed with philanthropic request,
  I though the goal of BTC100 was to promote the use of bitcoin as a donation platform.

The only things I see for donating to this organization is :  It has been posted on bitcointalk forum AND it is a very good cause.

What's going against it :
* I do not understand a word on their webpage, other than the "Make a free website with Yola" ads.

* What about a note in English saying, "THIS WEBSITE IS WRITTEN IN *****" < language.

To sum up, this is such a small scale project, I don't see how hard it would be for them to accept bitcoin, (given the burden is usually at the administrative level)

Before I reply to the other posts on this thread, as well as the ones on the main Bitcoin 100 thread, and update the pledge list in the OP of the later, I feel it important to address Transisto's questions and concerns first.

What's going against it :
* I do not understand a word on their webpage, other than the "Make a free website with Yola" ads.

I, too, couldn't read a single word of it, and my dad was from Lithuania. Fortunately, I was able to translate all the pages via Google translator on Chrome.

http://www.kenija2012.net/
Who are we?

Four medical students and medical students of the Faculty August 2012 we went on a three-month medical humanitarian expedition to Kenya. Elimination of the approved Faculty of Medicine and the Ministry of Health, to organize it under the auspices of the Section of Tropical Medicine, whose members have since 1990 produced a professional and humanitarian missions to third world countries.

As we can now see, along with further reading of their website, at least four medical students from Slavonia, who probably don't come from a poor family, are trying to raise 20K+ Euros through donations offered up by other individuals from around the globe, most of which are probably less well off than them (i.e. you, et al.), so that they can holiday in Kenya. (six commas and one period used in this sentence to satisfy the Grammar Nazis)

But the above doesn't diminish the fact that I firmly believe this cause isn't not only a perfect fit for Bitcoin 100 to sponsor, but by doing so allows us to put another feather in our hat, so to speak, coupled with, I'm sure, we'll somehow gain mileage in bringing awareness to Bitcoin.

To sum up, this is such a small scale project, I don't see how hard it would be for them to accept bitcoin, (given the burden is usually at the administrative level)

They've already added a Bitcoin address onto their website. The goal now is to send them another 100 BTC via Bitcoin 100, hence this thread. I'm allowing enough time to make sure that anybody who has donated to Bitcoin 100, but wishes not to support this endeavor, simply state their intentions on this thread or via a PM to me. If for some reason we're short of the 100 BTC goal, I will make up the difference (with possibly help from others), as I've stated before in this thread as well as in the OP of the main Bitcoin 100 thread.

The only things I see for donating to this organization is :  It has been posted on bitcointalk forum AND it is a very good cause.

That's exactly all I've seen also, but felt like it came from a good source--vuce--and backed by psy, among others (now). That's all the due diligence I've done in regards to this organization, with the exception being a WhoIS search as stated earlier in this thread.

* Pledge to donate X bitcoins to Y organization when they agree to add Bitcoin donation option to their website.
Ex : donate 1.5btc to org1, 2btc to org2, 5btc to org3 , ect...
Then have this as a big publicly available table and organization would have an incentive to accept bitcoins.

I have an idea of what you're asking here, but at the moment Bitcoin 100 is not yet set up that way and, moreover, not sure if it will. It's quite possible that we may take this in a different direction if the current model continues to produce zilch.

It's so easy for the big non-profits to turn away $500 USD (approximately, at today's current exchange rate) when their budget consists of millions. I'm sure we could get a hell of lot more mileage from the smaller charitable organizations, especially ones that are in the news and ready to go viral.

* Having a mailing list setup so I can be noticed of new charities to donate to, (weekly / monthly)

I've had that in place months ago, and it's been at the top of the OP on main Bitcoin 100 thread for the same amount of time.

NOTE: If you desire your name linked to your website, please let me know. Likewise, if you desire to not have your name linked, kindly bring that to my attention as well.

Transisto, you currently have .1010102 BTC in the current pool. Would you like to see it go toward this organization, or have it rollover to a different one of your liking? Feel free to PM me with your reply.

I hope I've addressed your questions and concerns to date. Please feel free to ask more of me, for I'll be more than happy to respond to them all.

Thank you.

~Bruno~

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 06:30:11 AM

www.humblebundle.com

For anyone in a charitable mood who also likes video games, the Humble Indie Bundle is going on now.

Sadly, no bitcoin donation option.

I'm sure those who are into this appreciate you bringing it to their attention. Thank you, LightRider.

Be advised, you have an incoming bitcoin targeted at the Kenya humanitarian expedition.
You guys rock!

Thank you, Jake, for your kind contribution. The list in the OP has been updated linking the honored amount to the BlockChain.

So, can someone update the thread (and OP) with a current state of the organization? It looks like we've got our initial 100 BTC. Has anyone identified a charity that wants this starter pot? Has any Bitcoin been granted?

Is the following what you were asking for, Tuxavant?

http://bitcoin100.org/group-b-strep-international
Bitcoin 100 is happy to announce that Group B Strep International (GBSI) became the first recipient of over least 100 BTC simply by incorporating a Bitcoin donation option onto their website on March 19, 2012.

Another post is forthcoming showing recent supporters with their pledge amounts imported from the Kenya thread.

~Bruno~
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 11:45:42 AM

Close enough. I didn't know we actually distributed the first round. I've subscribed to the newsletter, so hopefully I'll be better informed of such events.

You can update my pledge to 1 Bitcoin per charity for the first 100 charities (provided they don't all sign up in the next month AND Bitcoin remains under $10 lol). one more bitcoin sent for the next round.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 05:44:03 PM

Close enough. I didn't know we actually distributed the first round. I've subscribed to the newsletter, so hopefully I'll be better informed of such events.

You can update my pledge to 1 Bitcoin per charity for the first 100 charities (provided they don't all sign up in the next month AND Bitcoin remains under $10 lol). one more bitcoin sent for the next round.

The list has been updated reflecting your requests, Tuxavant. Thank you kindly for your most recent donation, also documented.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 07:52:35 PM

Copied and pasted from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84497.msg938736#msg938736 so that Rassah would have an easier time updating the ledger.

Despite having already donated to their address I authorize you to use my 1 BTC pledge to the Bitcoin100 for this donation, and will send it to you no later than tomorrow.

Just sent my Bitcoin100 pledge so you can use it for this when needed.
Transaction ID: 6490cf544d0d8e2cf739c9d2e87dab6c59a39d601f036ed3054fbe06e13afac0

Thank you, psy, for honoring your pledge and supporting kenija2012.net. The list has been updated.

As one of the Bitcoin 100, this has my support Smiley

I think I already sent 1 BTC there at some point, but here, have another 1.01010101

Thank you also, BTCurious, for your contribution. I've updated the list as well reflecting this donation.

Sent 5, divide it between charities as you see fit. You guys are awesome!

Thank you vuce, for bringing this cause to our attention, and also for supporting Bitcoin 100. The list in the OP of the main Bitcoin 100 thread has been updated, as well as including you on the list at bitcoin100.org.

I'm going to take the liberty and state that your 5 BTC donation will be going to kenija2012.net since it was your suggestion that got this ball a rollin', coupled with lessening the burden on myself if we're short of 100 BTC.

For clarification purposes, there is more than 100 BTC residing in the overall pool, but a majority of those coins are meant to be spread out over several non-profits.

Sent 1BTC

Thank you, julz, for your donation. The list has been updated.

I suggest using the Bitcoin 100 address 1BTC1oo1J3MEt5SFj74ZBcF2Mk97Aah4ac,

~Bruno~

Sent a BTC. (separate from the bj-payment sent via PM.   Wink)

Thank you, deego, for your donation, as well, in supporting this cause. The list has been updated.

With that, I believe I've finished all the house cleaning. I will post this post over at the main Bitcoin 100 thread as well.

~Bruno~
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 11:51:06 PM

Just sent the 5 BTC I pledged and I wholeheartedly support the funds going toward the Kenya expedition.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:01:52 PM

I added the free ad for 10k clicks at http://www.bitcoinadvertisers.com/ that should last a while  Grin

Thanks a lot, Andrew. I tried to viewed the ad, but somehow I missed it. Care to provide a link or a screenshot?

Just sent the 5 BTC I pledged and I wholeheartedly support the funds going toward the Kenya expedition.

That was so kind of you, edd. I have updated the list reflecting your donation. (see #68)

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:29:51 PM

LIVE DISCUSSION ON THIS THREAD IN 2 HOURS

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85622.0
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 08:26:00 PM

Just sent 2 btc to help with the Kenyan Medical Team.

Thanks to all involved.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 11:03:03 PM

I'm back from vacation (was cool meeting Tuxavant). All new pledges have been added to the tracking sheet and reconciled. Currently the charity honored pledge balance is at about 68BTC (plus or minus a few that over contributed who may be willing to spend all of their balance as opposed to just 1BTC of it).
So, let me know if this is still going anywhere. I haven't seen any updates in a few days.
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 11:05:50 PM

I hope this is still alive. (I'm still here but have been really busy writing a paper about CommitCoin for uni these past few days.)
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2012, 02:24:14 AM

I'm back from vacation (was cool meeting Tuxavant).

Great meeting you too!

mystery2048

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:25:01 AM

Hello, I made an anonymous donation a few weeks ago and your website seems like its down... Whats happening with 1BTC1oo atm? Smiley

Important: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92424.0;all

Donations: 1HWMQv2VYviAgpy6NWNvVg9JhKm4zcMGS5
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 02:22:51 PM

Just sent 2 btc to help with the Kenyan Medical Team.

Thanks to all involved.

Thank you, Bees Brothers, for your kind donation. I took the liberty of adding you to the Bitcoin 100 list and here as well, linking your company's name to your name at each. No further obligation is required of you for me doing such.

@Rassah: Take a finally look at this post to make sure nothing's been miss for your official ledger. This post may still be updated, for I'm still checking PM's and the other thread. When I finish, I'll remove this line of text.

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: