Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How Satoshi Nakamoto Fooled the World  (Read 8877 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 05:54:28 PM

So im just using every opportunity i can to learn and build my skills. And what Bitcoin teached me, compared to university, is already priceless to me

One thing about bitcoin is that you best acquire it knowledge in practice, and this will be your greatest security asset in the nearest future, many people don't have the patience to build up skills and goes mute on dilema because they don't know it whereabouts, got confused and later ended being decieved which resulted into scam, that's why i said what you know about bitcoin is your first security asset, to sum it up, your educational background is as well another added advantage because you will understand how to read a market, speculate and know the basic principles of demand and supply which also applies in bitcoin.

I just saw what the fiat system did to the people around me and i dont want other people to go trough this again in the future.

this are the kind of a positive mind thinking users we are talking about, someone who sees the future and believe in the power of change, if we have been a slave all these while to the rule of fiat economy system then it's time to wake up, we have to take and embrace the future bitcoin has come to place on us as an opportunity, yet some are so addicted to an old pattern of live but want something new amd different, how?...  if you can invest, store your value assets, make profits and remmain secured with bitcoin then it worth using at all cost.

For sure to me it seems that young people have a compelling dilemma because they likely have limited cashflow while they are learning skills (such as going to college), but the college skills can sometimes help them both with their cashflow and their learning how to engage in better critical thinking - or learn ing how to learn, too.

So, investing in yourself is good.. but not really always knowing how can be a dilemma... I understand that people are different, and some people are better able to figure out how to learn on their own.  I had tried some learning on my own when I was younger, and I did not really do a good job with that.. and probably I spent too much time in school (college) too.. but it is not always easy.. and role models can vary too.

If your cashflow is limited then maybe it is difficult to buy $100 per week of bitcoin and you might have to settle for much lower amounts.. $10 or $20 or something that is not going to end up really messing you up in terms of covering your various ongoing expenses.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1357

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 09:11:18 PM

[edited out]

I can do whatever I want with my topic.

You go girl!!!!

But regardless, it is really funny and crazy how you, a top advocate of the bitcoin scam, have the audacity to moralize someone for editing a post on a forum.

bitcoin does not edit its transactions

and

I do not edit my posts either.... (especially if they have existed for more than an hour or so)

So I am having some difficulties understanding what point you are making exactly.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You understand very well what point I am making.

It appears to me that you are deflecting.

You are the one who ends up changing the OP after the fact that many members had already attempted to respond to each version of your OP.. then you switch to some new variant of a topic.

When I point this out, you try to muddy the waters by ambiguously proclaiming that there is something wrong with me and/or my motives rather than the obvious issue in front of us - which is your actions of changing the topic at least twice which could also be referred to as a disingenuine moving of the goal posts.

#you fuck.

That is the point. He doesn't even know what arguments to use anymore. So he changes the original post to create a new invalid argument and continues to argue with that. This is such a defeatist attitude. And I almost feel sorry for him. At this point, it is useless for anyone to prove him wrong; he will just say the same thing over and over.

█████████████████████████████
█████████▀     ▄██ ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄▀▀▄█████████▄▀▀▄██████
███▄▄█▀▄██████▀ ▀████▄▀█▀ ▀██
██▀▀█▌▐█   ▀▀▀   █████▌▐█  ██
██  █ ███▄▄▄      ▀▀▀▀█ █  ██
██  █▌▐████▌         ▄▌▐█████
███▄██▄▀█████▄   ▄▄██▀▄█ ▀███
████▀ ▀▄▄▀███▀    █▀▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄ ▄█████
████████▄▄██       ██████████
█████████████████████████████
         ▄██▄     ▄
        █████   ▄████
       █████▌  █████▌
      ██████████████
     ███▀█████▀██▀████▄
   ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████
 ▄▄██████▄██▄▄██████▄█▀
▐██████████████████████▄
 ▀████████         ████▀
   ▀███████▄     ▄███▀
    ███████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████
▄▄███████████████████▄
               ▄███▄
            ▄████████

▄▄██████████
       █▀▀▀██▀▀▀████
      ███████████
    ▀▀▀████████████
      ▀███████████▀
      ▄███████████▄
 ▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀   ▄
▀▀█▀▀
███████████▀▀▀█▀▀
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 02:15:52 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

Bitcoin is not a stock. It’s designed to be a medium of exchange. Just like a currency. When someone trades euros for dollars, is it „dumping of shares“ too? Ofc nah. It’s simply switching into a different medium of exchange. And just like you can’t pay with dollars in europe, you can’t pay with Bitcoin everywhere yet.

So the logical step is, to trade Bitcoin against whatever currency is accepted wherever you are, and then do the trade(if you’re trading with parties that don’t accept Bitcoin yet). But the more Bitcoin will be accepted, the less this will be necessary and you can use Bitcoin as a medium of exchange directly. Then there will be no more „dumping of shares“ and (spoiler alert) the system didn’t collapse. Or in simple words: magic myth numbers will allow for direct worldwide trade without intermediaries.

I don't really disagree with your overall points tadamichi, yet I am a little bit bothered if we end up locking ourselves too much into assertions that bitcoin is like a currency and not like a stock.. because in several ways, based on bitcoin's unique design aspects, bitcoin is like a lot of asset classes all at once.  So, in that regard, bitcoin can be used like a currency, but there is already quite a bit of reluctance for bitcoin HODLers to use bitcoin like a currency in part based on the fact that it is the most sound of monies that the world has ever seen... so many people are going to become way more reluctant to spend it, when they may well have access to a lot of other monies that are less valuable and they can spend those less valuable monies (even assets) first.

So in some sense, there seems to be a kind of current built-in incentive status, that bitcoin HODLers are less likely to spend their bitcoin until after such a point that they either run out of the other kinds of monies/assets or they are so damned overly allocated in bitcoin that they have no disincentive to spend it because they have too much of it anyhow. It can take a while for bitcoin HODLers to get to the point in which they feel that they are overly allocated in bitcoin, especially if they are receiving cashflow/value from other kinds of asset classes/currencies - so they may well be inclined to spend those lower value assets./currencies first.

Personally, I don't have any real issues comparing bitcoin to stocks, even though it will tend towards a lot of misunderstandings if there are too many attempts to pigeonhole bitcoin into such a category - because in essence all stocks have a considerable amount of centralization, and so it could end up being way too misleading to be presuming bitcoin to be similar in those kinds of ways that HODLers/developers/miners have some kinds of control over bitcoin's issuance - and they do not.. it's almost as if Snowshow is wanting to imply that bitcoin has proof of stake attributions (similar to stocks) when it does not, so in that regard I agree with you tadamichi that getting too caught up in stock analogies will lead people to NOT understand the attributions of bitcoin very well.

I completely agree with you Jay. My point of view was more of a long term outlook, in the case that Bitcoin becomes so dominant that hodling alone won’t bring gains anymore. Then i think the incentives change and it will be used as a currency. But we’re still far away from this point. I just brought this up, because it kinda defeats the ponzi narrative, if Bitcoin really was a ponzi, then why does it stop bringing gains once it’s used everywhere and you wouldn’t even need to convert it into other currencies. But it’s a win/win situation for us hodlers, because it serves us like a stock or safe haven, as long as the old broken system continues and in case Bitcoin wins we get an ultra sound money system and early investors got rewarded for making it happen(because they have stacked the most sats).

What you guys are describing is just the S-curve of adoption.  This is something that holds true for any new technology.  Think of: electricity distribution, the light bulb, TV, the internet, cell phones, etc.  They all went through the S-curve of adoption: at the introduction of a new technology very few will have it, or use it, but as time passes and if the technology is useful more people will have it and utilize it.

But in the case of bitcoin it so happens that in the beginnings of its S-curve, it has a low price and then later in its S-curve it has a high price.  Which is simply due to supply and demand.  This allows for some who notice this to get in on an easy way to grow an investment.  But, as you point out, towards the end of its S-curve, when bitcoin has spread as far as it can spread, its price will level out.  A point will be reached where buyers and sellers are in a sort of balance.  The price will still oscillate, but the large incremental rise over time will no longer exist.  Of course, no one really knows when or at what price this will happen, at a million, at ten million, this is not possible to predict.

I guess its just cool to see that others have noticed these obvious (maybe not so obvious to some, I'm looking at you Snowshow) properties of bitcoin.

Sure exponential s-curve adoption based on Metcalfe's law and networking principles has been part of what tadamichi and I had been talking about, but it was not the only thing, because when you are an individual attempting to decide what you are going to do in terms of whether to invest  into bitcoin and how much to invest, you may or may not be able to recognize or appreciate that exponential s-curve adoption exists where you might be on the timeline or even abilities to figure out your own financial and/or psychological circumstances.  

Even though you (arcmetal) acknowledge that there are ups and downs within the s-curve.. we still should acknowledge that those squiggly exponential lines are not guaranteed in terms of either how far they will go UPpity or how long it will take for the BTC price associated with the squigglies to get to whatever point that they are getting (and sure you acknowledged that part too).  Lot's of normies (or bitcoin newbies) may well end up getting reckt as fuck, if they are not able to figure out some kind of reasonable and prudent strategy that fits for them, which many of us would theorize that kind of reckening to be difficult to achieve, even though we likely have witnessed some folks who end up achieving what seems to be an impossible task (getting reckt in a bull asset class like bitcoin).. and sure one of the fastest ways to get reckt is to use margin or leverage, but another way is merely trying to time the ups and downs of the market with a kind of hubris belief of knowing where the BTC price is going in the short-to-medium term.. which also may well end up causing both financial and/or psychological damages.
Correct.  Trying to come in now and make wealth based on trading on the little ups and downs off day to day ups and downs, is very difficult.  It is not something I'd recommend to anyone.  Unless you have at least a good system should one attempt that, but even then they can still get reckt as you say.

This is opposed to the easier method, which is getting more difficult to do as time passes.  ... That being, if a newbie had entered into the bitcoin system say ten years ago, they could have made 1,000 to 10,000 times their investment.  But, getting in now they may see a 10 times, or waiting a little longer, a 100 times on their investment. ... If investing to make wealth is all they had in mind.

But there are other newbies that can get in now that can do even better, without going down the path of investing.  That is, they can take advantage of bitcoin's properties to make bank.  For example, someone could start up a remittance business between the US and Colombia, or between the US and Thailand, or wherever.  Or, they can get into any other number of businesses popping up.

These are the ideas, the topics, that seem to elude the OP.

And then there are the other opportunities that will eventually pop up in the future.  There will be layers on top of the bitcoin system, things that no one has come up with yet.

I recall using the internet back around the early 1990's when mosaic came out.  I used to like using a web search utility called "webcrawler".  It worked well, and I thought it was great and a useful idea to help me with my web searches. ... Then one day, during one of my computer classes back then, these two guys walked into the lecture hall and gave us a short preview of their new web search engine.  I think they mentioned that they were from some university out east, or was it the west coast, hehe.  They described a new algorithm for how to tie a search term to a page's contents.  Then they showed us their webpage, it was a white blank page with just one entry box and couple of buttons.  They called it "Google".  ... When I went to the lab, I tried it, and I liked it because it had no clutter, no ads on the main page. I thought wow, what a great idea.

No one really knows what's coming.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 03:40:43 AM

[edited out]
Correct.  Trying to come in now and make wealth based on trading on the little ups and downs off day to day ups and downs, is very difficult.  It is not something I'd recommend to anyone.  Unless you have at least a good system should one attempt that, but even then they can still get reckt as you say.

This is opposed to the easier method, which is getting more difficult to do as time passes.  ... That being, if a newbie had entered into the bitcoin system say ten years ago, they could have made 1,000 to 10,000 times their investment.  But, getting in now they may see a 10 times, or waiting a little longer, a 100 times on their investment. ... If investing to make wealth is all they had in mind.

But there are other newbies that can get in now that can do even better, without going down the path of investing.  That is, they can take advantage of bitcoin's properties to make bank.  For example, someone could start up a remittance business between the US and Colombia, or between the US and Thailand, or wherever.  Or, they can get into any other number of businesses popping up.

These are the ideas, the topics, that seem to elude the OP.

And then there are the other opportunities that will eventually pop up in the future.  There will be layers on top of the bitcoin system, things that no one has come up with yet.

I recall using the internet back around the early 1990's when mosaic came out.  I used to like using a web search utility called "webcrawler".  It worked well, and I thought it was great and a useful idea to help me with my web searches. ... Then one day, during one of my computer classes back then, these two guys walked into the lecture hall and gave us a short preview of their new web search engine.  I think they mentioned that they were from some university out east, or was it the west coast, hehe.  They described a new algorithm for how to tie a search term to a page's contents.  Then they showed us their webpage, it was a white blank page with just one entry box and couple of buttons.  They called it "Google".  ... When I went to the lab, I tried it, and I liked it because it had no clutter, no ads on the main page. I thought wow, what a great idea.

No one really knows what's coming.

There are quite a few folks who are describing bitcoin's current addressable market (meaning currencies, currency derivatives and various ways that value is stored that goes beyond the actual value of the asset) in today's dollars is somewhere between $500 Trillion and $900 Trillion (Greg Foss talks about this).   I see no reason not to raise this up to $1 quadrillion (around 2,000x today's bitcoin market cap) just to make the number a bit easier to work with, and it is not unrealistic to either presume that by the time (maybe 50 years or more into the future) that bitcoin starts grow towards its maximum potential in terms of having various values gravitate into it that the value is likely going to increase (by value creation like you are suggesting).

So, maybe 50 to 100 years down the road the total addressable market might end up being somewhere in the realm of $1 Quadrillion to $10 Quadrillion (or maybe even more) in today's dollars.  Some people argue that value creation potential in the future is infinite, but surely I prefer to attempt to stay somewhat grounded, and surely if the number ends up much higher than those projected, then there is nothing wrong with that.. just adapt as you go in terms of accounting for knew situations and systems as they are created and possibly create value too.

There are also theories that we cannot necessarily presume that human civilization is always going to advance, and they are not even bad theories .. and things like the dark ages and even the fact that we cannot figure out how certain things had been built in the past (such as the pyramids) provides evidence that maybe sometimes we suffer from set backs and lose our collective memories in regards to how to do certain things that had been possible in previous times.

As you mention, there may well be limits in bitcoin's current upside, and maybe 10x to 100x from here are somewhat achievable in the next 10-20 years, and maybe the 100x to 2,000x might be more difficult to achieve.. and it may well not be practical to consider that bitcoin would end up being able to absorb all of the addressable market on value storage.. and various derivatives of that - including payments.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Snowshow (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:10:14 AM

[edited out]

I can do whatever I want with my topic.

You go girl!!!!

But regardless, it is really funny and crazy how you, a top advocate of the bitcoin scam, have the audacity to moralize someone for editing a post on a forum.

bitcoin does not edit its transactions

and

I do not edit my posts either.... (especially if they have existed for more than an hour or so)

So I am having some difficulties understanding what point you are making exactly.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You understand very well what point I am making.

It appears to me that you are deflecting.

You are the one who ends up changing the OP after the fact that many members had already attempted to respond to each version of your OP.. then you switch to some new variant of a topic.

When I point this out, you try to muddy the waters by ambiguously proclaiming that there is something wrong with me and/or my motives rather than the obvious issue in front of us - which is your actions of changing the topic at least twice which could also be referred to as a disingenuine moving of the goal posts.

#you fuck.

I change my OP all the time and I will continue to do so because I am simply demonstrating the same fact - that bitcoin is a scam. Through the discussion I see what rationalizations people use to deny that fact, so I change my OP towards simplicity that will eliminate the need for such rationalizations. Once people are left without rationalizations they will finally realize, you included, that bitcoin is a scam. So, stay tuned. I am going to change the OP (and the title) soon, again.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:36:57 AM

Why are you so much annoyed with crypto and bitcoin ?  Here can be some reasons:

1) You invested in bitcoin or other alt coin and faced losses. Now, this is not the fault of the crypto coin but you need to understand that crypto is not some get rich quick scheme.

2) Another possibility is that you never invested in crypto and now you regret that you can not make so much huge profits like other people. But there is a good news for you. Crypto still has a lot of scope for growth and even if you start investing now, you can make good money.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:47:44 AM

[edited out]
I change my OP all the time and I will continue to do so because I am simply demonstrating the same fact - that bitcoin is a scam. Through the discussion I see what rationalizations people use to deny that fact, so I change my OP towards simplicity that will eliminate the need for such rationalizations. Once people are left without rationalizations they will finally realize, you included, that bitcoin is a scam. So, stay tuned. I am going to change the OP (and the title) soon, again.

Changing the OP just shows your disingenuineness rather helping the cause that you purportedly have.

You may well could have said: "I change the OP on a regular basis because I want to demonstrate that I am a disingenuine dweeb who does not want to attempt to resolve any of my concerns (if I were to have any) related to bitcoin"

Why are you so much annoyed with crypto and bitcoin ?  Here can be some reasons:

1) You invested in bitcoin or other alt coin and faced losses. Now, this is not the fault of the crypto coin but you need to understand that crypto is not some get rich quick scheme.

2) Another possibility is that you never invested in crypto and now you regret that you can not make so much huge profits like other people. But there is a good news for you. Crypto still has a lot of scope for growth and even if you start investing now, you can make good money.

Not to give too many excuses for the dweeb who we currently know as Snowshow, but I could see why Snowshow might be annoyed with "crypto"..

fuck shitcoins.  Who cares about that crap?

Let's stick to bitcoin in our discussion here.. why muddy the matter, krishnaverma?  Do you know the difference between bitcoin and shitcoins ("crypto")?  

Rather than getting confused about the topic of this thread - even if Snowshow might be confused about the difference between bitcoin and shitcoins (aka "crypto", aka crypto currencies), but at least he may well be attempting to aim his criticisms and discussions in this thread at bitcoin... .. It may well be about the ONLY thing that dweeb Snowshow seems to be doing right, which is focusing his criticism on bitcoin (maybe just coincidentally rather than based on any actual meaningful knowledge of the difference?)

In regards, to shitcoins (or crypto), Snowshow would likely be correct if he were to be throwing out blanket assertions that the overwhelming majority of shitcoins/crypto are scams and bullshit and just means for those involved to fuck over other people with hardly contributing anything besides wanting to print money and then to ride off of the coattails of the security and infrastructure that bitcoin had provided.

Did I say fuck shitcoins?  I can't remember...  

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 07:06:13 AM

[edited out]

Changing the OP just shows your disingenuineness rather helping the cause that you purportedly have.

You may well could have said: "I change the OP on a regular basis because I want to demonstrate that I am a disingenuine dweeb who does not want to attempt to resolve any of my concerns (if I were to have any) related to bitcoin"

There's nothing to "resolve". Bitcoin is simply a digital share in a nonexistenent business. It uses the method of recording shares in businesses - like borrowing business (fiat money) or business of producing goods and services ( stocks/shares), to create the illusion that there's something to invest in. It's a modern day scam. You cannot invest in the record of shares in the business. You invest in business. In the bitcoin system, you have the record of shares, but there's no business. All that the system does is recording how many shares in nonexistenent business a person has or has had. Hence, a complete nonsense.
Doan9269

Activity: 854
Merit: 576

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 02:07:42 PM

Bitcoin is simply a digital share in a nonexistenent business.

i want to believe you have reason why you come over to bitcointalk forum and i also want to believe that you clearly understand the reason for the creation of it, should in case you forget let me remind you, here is not a political propaganda forum or social media where all kinds of matters can be argued, abused or castigate, here is a community purposely created for bitcoiners all over the world to engaged on "bitcoin" discussion and other cryptocurrencies that could be of economic important and help towards the adoption or use of bitcoin all over the world, i want to believe your aim was to learn about what bitcoin is and not to come and argue out with unnecessary uncertainties.

my advice, if you find your aim for coming to this forum not fulfilled then you can as well go to other platforms where you can have enough freedom of speech and make your arguments, for you to have created an account here on the forum means you want to participate in discussion related to bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and not to cause commotion, if i may ask you, have you ever make a step to research about what bitcoin is? consider the world richest men and see a number of them adopting bitcoin and consider your ways.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3100

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:19:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

False equivalence again.  Bitcoin is nothing like a business.

Businesses have CEOs and/or company directors, managers, chairmen, etc.  People in charge.  Bitcoin does not have those.

Holding shares in a business does not grant you access to interact financially with any of the people that business might interact with.  Whereas holding private keys to access bitcoins does give you access to a global network of people with whom to buy/sell/lend/trade/etc.

Financial businesses in particular often require reliance upon gatekeepers, meaning you have to obtain permission or approval from someone before you can use a given service.  This invariably requires handing over personal information, which could be lost, stolen or otherwise abused.  I can send Bitcoin to literally anyone and they don't have to obtain permission or approval from anyone.  No one has to submit personal information in order to transact.  

Bitcoin is both a Protocol and a Network.  And holding keys to a balance of bitcoins is what allows you to transact on that network using that protocol.  You've had 25 pages worth of bullshit to absorb this simple understanding into your mushy little pea-brain.  But you're still getting it wrong.  I can only assume it's deliberate because you can't possibly be that stupid.

But if you are determined to continue with your ridiculous flawed comparisons, kindly name a business with no one in charge that allows people to interact financially with other people, who may be on the other side of the world, without relying on middlemen or third parties and with no gatekeepers.

I'll wait.   Smiley

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:20:30 PM

i want to believe you have reason why you come over to bitcointalk forum and i also want to believe that you clearly understand the reason for the creation of it, should in case you forget let me remind you, here is not a political propaganda forum or social media where all kinds of matters can be argued, abused or castigate, here is a community purposely created for bitcoiners all over the world to engaged on "bitcoin" discussion and other cryptocurrencies that could be of economic important and help towards the adoption or use of bitcoin all over the world, i want to believe your aim was to learn about what bitcoin is and not to come and argue out with unnecessary uncertainties.

my advice, if you find your aim for coming to this forum not fulfilled then you can as well go to other platforms where you can have enough freedom of speech and make your arguments, for you to have created an account here on the forum means you want to participate in discussion related to bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and not to cause commotion, if i may ask you, have you ever make a step to research about what bitcoin is? consider the world richest men and see a number of them adopting bitcoin and consider your ways.
The adoption or use of bitcoin all over the world? You mean, scamming people all over the world? Really, what is there to adopt? Transferring info on how many shares in the nonexistenent business someone has and recording this to a database? I mean seriously? What is there to adopt? Bitcoin is the most nonsensical thing ever invented. You buy shares in something that doesn't exist and then you wait for someone to enter this nonsense and buy those shares from you. The new member then also waits for a new buyer. There's no business represented with those shares, no goods, no services, no commodity, nothing. You're just sending each other numbers and paying for this. This scheme is dumb as dirt. Some anonymous guy created a scam in a digital form and you blindly believe everything they said. Crazy.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 06:59:55 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Crypto is scam in general because it creates a system that issues the certificates to lure people to invest, and then people are able to return the investments only if new investors buy the certificates. Hence, a modern day investment scam.

Nah, crypto is about decentralization and individual empowerment. Nothing can be used to mislead people, and none of these fraudulent practices can work here.
In fact, I can only say that crypto is the most promising form of money creation system we have in this era and crypto and blockchain are here to stay.

Yes, that's the story you must preach because you're not able to return your investment from the system whose certificates you hold. You need new investors and you must trick them to buy your worthless certificates by talking about decentralization, empowerment, how your certificates will save the humanity, make poor people rich, how they are equivalent to Jesus, and so on.  I understand what you're doing. It's just that people don't buy this nonsense anymore.

If you're so anti-crypto I don't see why you're on this forum. Bitcoin is as popular as its ever been. Post COVID, people recognize that decentralization is the way financial systems should be run. It took all of 3 months for governments all around the world to permanently destroy their currencies through artificial economic stimulation via money printing. EU and the U.S are seeing high inflation numbers and low economic growth. You think these are signs that people are somehow awakening to Bitcoin's antics and NOT traditional currencies?
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 07:48:45 PM

The adoption or use of bitcoin all over the world? You mean, scamming people all over the world? Really, what is there to adopt? Transferring info on how many shares in the nonexistenent business someone has and recording this to a database? I mean seriously? What is there to adopt? Bitcoin is the most nonsensical thing ever invented. You buy shares in something that doesn't exist and then you wait for someone to enter this nonsense and buy those shares from you. The new member then also waits for a new buyer. There's no business represented with those shares, no goods, no services, no commodity, nothing. You're just sending each other numbers and paying for this. This scheme is dumb as dirt. Some anonymous guy created a scam in a digital form and you blindly believe everything they said. Crazy.

Maybe you just cant grasp the concept that people can work together and be successful, without selling their soul for profit, enslaving others, and shitting and scamming on each other, by forming a voluntary network that is resistant to bad actors. Maybe youre just too deep into fiat and cant grasp that this is possible. But then again i never saw a bee convincing a fly that honey is better than a piece of shit.

9BDB B925 329A C034
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 08:50:16 PM

Funny thing that I've noticed. People who start these troll threads are always newbies who make accounts here just for the purpose of being fed.
Trying to change the mind of someone who came here to defend his statement until the very end, against all arguments, is a waste of time.

Don't wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:10:33 PM

Funny thing that I've noticed. People who start these troll threads are always newbies who make accounts here just for the purpose of being fed.
Trying to change the mind of someone who came here to defend his statement until the very end, against all arguments, is a waste of time.

That's a good one.

In other words, as another saying would put it:

"It is easy to wake someone who is sleeping, it is near impossible to wake someone who is pretending to sleep."
AmoreJaz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:16:28 PM

That's a good one.

"It is easy to wake someone who is sleeping, it is near impossible to wake someone who is pretending to sleep."

those are good epigrams i can say. but for most users in the forum, you won't be swayed by this kind of trolling. you know better by now. just like the media. whatever they write to the public consumption, you know which ones are fake or legit or genuine in nature. and besides, you don't have to convince anyone to be in this market. it is everyone's prerogative to get involved in this industry. so if you know why you are here, you won't be bothered by fud or trolls.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2022, 04:48:00 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2022, 04:58:24 AM by Snowshow

Crypto is scam in general because it creates a system that issues the certificates to lure people to invest, and then people are able to return the investments only if new investors buy the certificates. Hence, a modern day investment scam.

Nah, crypto is about decentralization and individual empowerment. Nothing can be used to mislead people, and none of these fraudulent practices can work here.
In fact, I can only say that crypto is the most promising form of money creation system we have in this era and crypto and blockchain are here to stay.

Yes, that's the story you must preach because you're not able to return your investment from the system whose certificates you hold. You need new investors and you must trick them to buy your worthless certificates by talking about decentralization, empowerment, how your certificates will save the humanity, make poor people rich, how they are equivalent to Jesus, and so on.  I understand what you're doing. It's just that people don't buy this nonsense anymore.

If you're so anti-crypto I don't see why you're on this forum. Bitcoin is as popular as its ever been. Post COVID, people recognize that decentralization is the way financial systems should be run. It took all of 3 months for governments all around the world to permanently destroy their currencies through artificial economic stimulation via money printing. EU and the U.S are seeing high inflation numbers and low economic growth. You think these are signs that people are somehow awakening to Bitcoin's antics and NOT traditional currencies?
I am on this form to save people from scam. Governments destroyed nothing. Borrowing business of the banks and the borrowers is still going on and those who hold shares in this business (fiat currency) are still receiving goods, services, labor or collaterals from the borrowers. It is just that they receive less due to inflation. But, all businesses have ups and downs. Why do you mention the borrowing business in the forum about shares in the nonexistenent business?
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2022, 04:53:27 AM

That's a good one.

those are good epigrams i can say. but for most users in the forum, you won't be swayed by this kind of trolling. you know better by now. just like the media. whatever they write to the public consumption, you know which ones are fake or legit or genuine in nature. and besides, you don't have to convince anyone to be in this market. it is everyone's prerogative to get involved in this industry. so if you know why you are here, you won't be bothered by fud or trolls.
So, you guys want to scam more innocent people because you know that you can't exist this scam without new investors. And that's why you hate people who are telling the truth. Gotcha.
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
June 03, 2022, 10:34:02 AM

I am on this form to save people from scam. Governments destroyed nothing. Borrowing business of the banks and the borrowers is still going on and those who hold shares in this business (fiat currency) are still receiving goods, services, labor or collaterals from the borrowers. It is just that they receive less due to inflation. But, all businesses have ups and downs. Why do you mention the borrowing business in the forum about shares in the nonexistenent business?

Did you ever open a history book?

9BDB B925 329A C034
Oshosondy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1123

...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.

View Profile
June 03, 2022, 11:00:58 AM

There were times I do read some people articles on medium, but it come to a time that I do see wrong things about bitcoin, like bitcoin will fail and bitcoin is a ponzi, I am now use to all that and I do not bother to read such things again, some people may not be trolling but better than convince people to believe in what they believe, but they believe it in the wrong way. All I know I can just say is that this is what some people will say until they will miss the next bull market again and remain foolish to their wrong thinking about bitcoin. With all these FUD, bitcoin is still getting recognized more in this world and making it to be more valuable.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: