Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226327 times)
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 04:19:46 PM

I wouldn't technically consider Bitcoin as a global currency, as it still isn't very widely known. Countries tend to like to have total control of their coin, and since Bitcoin is a P2P currency, their only kind of control is having a huge share of the 21 million coins. I really don't think click hereit will become a global currency, as it is quite an unstable little thing.

well maybe still very difficult to believe for the moment, but bitcoin has the potential to become a global currency. Well, bitcoin might become a global currency for on the internet. the use of very simple and super fast transaction, make a lot of people become very comfortable to use. Well, we just need to wait a few more years until the potential benefits bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

I hope that one day it will become a currency Bitcoin global great and I hope it is used by many people and many countries I believe it will happen in the future. But maybe it will happen for a long time because of limited distribution sangant bitcoin.

It could really happen and i can really feel it. As more and more companies and guess what they are not just a small ones they are a big whales in the marketing industries are trying to adopt this certain currency which we are using called bitcoin.
Big companies know already the potential of bitcoin however due to the price volatility of bitcoin not all industries has a viable business plan using bitcoin, for merchant it is not good as they may lose for big price fluctuation and sometimes could lead to price fall back. They do not want that as they want to be safe.

Actually this is not a big issue anymore. Like the current online wallet that i am using which promotes a fiat currency wallet. So everytime to merchant received their payment then they can directly move their funds into fiat wallet.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:38:24 PM

I hope that one day it will become a currency Bitcoin global great and I hope it is used by many people and many countries I believe it will happen in the future. But maybe it will happen for a long time because of limited distribution sangant bitcoin.

It could really happen and i can really feel it. As more and more companies and guess what they are not just a small ones they are a big whales in the marketing industries are trying to adopt this certain currency which we are using called bitcoin.
Big companies know already the potential of bitcoin however due to the price volatility of bitcoin not all industries has a viable business plan using bitcoin, for merchant it is not good as they may lose for big price fluctuation and sometimes could lead to price fall back. They do not want that as they want to be safe.

Actually this is not a big issue anymore. Like the current online wallet that i am using which promotes a fiat currency wallet. So everytime to merchant received their payment then they can directly move their funds into fiat wallet.
it is today easier to quickly convert from bitcoin to fiat and back, but as a merchant you still have the issue of pricing the items and book keeping and so on. this is still not to easy, but i think we will get there.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 08:20:42 PM

it is today easier to quickly convert from bitcoin to fiat and back, but as a merchant you still have the issue of pricing the items and book keeping and so on. this is still not to easy, but i think we will get there.

Many exporters (and I guess importers as well) are essentially in the same conditions. For proper accounting and paying taxes they have to convert their export proceeds in foreign currency from that currency into their national currency. They may also have to sell some part of the profits earned to a local central bank or on the currency market. In my opinion, Bitcoin as a means of payment and currency in its own right should be treated accordingly, i.e. as a foreign currency...

Until governments decide to use Bitcoin as a legal tender, of course

Senor.Bla

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:38:14 PM

Many exporters (and I guess importers as well) are essentially in the same conditions. For proper accounting and paying taxes they have to convert their export proceeds in foreign currency from that currency into their national currency. They may also have to sell some part of the profits earned to a local central bank or on the currency market. In my opinion, Bitcoin as a means of payment and currency in its own right should be treated accordingly, i.e. as a foreign currency...

true but i still see to things to add. exporters or people who have the problem to deal with multiple currencies have to do it. they would stop doing this if it was not necessary. so convincing somebody, who right now does not have to do this, to do this because of bitcoin is hard.
the other thing is that government are familiar with this process with the big currencies. if you have an unusual currency or bitcoin it is somehow harder for them to deal with it. just for tax purposes they have daily exchange rates you can use and nobody will question this, but with bitcoin you would need to do extra work and prove and document everything. nobody likes extra work.

diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:51:13 PM

I wouldn't technically consider Bitcoin as a global currency, as it still isn't very widely known. Countries tend to like to have total control of their coin, and since Bitcoin is a P2P currency, their only kind of control is having a huge share of the 21 million coins. I really don't think click hereit will become a global currency, as it is quite an unstable little thing.

I think although bitcoin is not widely used, but I think bitcoin is already used by many people around the world, and I think automatically bitcoin is a global currency #IMO
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 09:40:49 PM

true but i still see to things to add. exporters or people who have the problem to deal with multiple currencies have to do it. they would stop doing this if it was not necessary. so convincing somebody, who right now does not have to do this, to do this because of bitcoin is hard.
the other thing is that government are familiar with this process with the big currencies. if you have an unusual currency or bitcoin it is somehow harder for them to deal with it. just for tax purposes they have daily exchange rates you can use and nobody will question this, but with bitcoin you would need to do extra work and prove and document everything. nobody likes extra work.

I certainly understand the pains that a lot of merchants wanting to use Bitcoin along with their local currency might feel. But with or without Bitcoin, they will have to tackle this issue of dealing with foreign currencies sooner or later, and I would say rather sooner than later, especially if they want, for example, to go international. Many online resellers like Amazon are selling their goods all over the planet as payment processing platforms like PayPal commonly and ordinarily handle the conversion of a multitude of currencies...

The world is definitely becoming a tighter place over time

betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

well maybe still very difficult to believe for the moment, but bitcoin has the potential to become a global currency. Well, bitcoin might become a global currency for on the internet. the use of very simple and super fast transaction, make a lot of people become very comfortable to use. Well, we just need to wait a few more years until the potential benefits bitcoin
bitcoin has something unique that is not shared by other currency. This makes bitcoin special and many people interested in bitcoin, this is the potential for bitcoin to continue to grow and become a global currency

Senor.Bla

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:13:37 PM

I certainly understand the pains that a lot of merchants wanting to use Bitcoin along with their local currency might feel. But with or without Bitcoin, they will have to tackle this issue of dealing with foreign currencies sooner or later, and I would say rather sooner than later, especially if they want, for example, to go international. Many online resellers like Amazon are selling their goods all over the planet as payment processing platforms like PayPal commonly and ordinarily handle the conversion of a multitude of currencies...

The world is definitely becoming a tighter place over time
what is interesting is that amazon, ebay and such companies have different sites for each country with different products and you need new accounts if you want to shop at another counties site (at least this is the case with amazon). i guess this has not only todo something with the different laws in those countries, but also with the used currency which is always the national one. they maybe offer a service to exchange it, but the books are pretty much in the native currency.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:50:50 PM

I think although bitcoin is not widely used, but I think bitcoin is already used by many people around the world, and I think automatically bitcoin is a global currency #IMO
actually it is depends on how you define global currency.

i personally define it as a currency that used in different place , different countries and acclaimed globally. bitcoin have been included in that category so yes bitcoin have considered as global currency.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:30:44 AM

In a few years we are going to be mainstream and everyone will knowns our name.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:49:59 AM

In a few years we are going to be mainstream and everyone will knowns our name.
Wow that was intense dude, what is you basis on that? Everyone seems impossible in the future? We will still be in the crypto and it's only limited number of people who will avail because only few understands bitcoin and you cannot make the others adopt by not understanding first.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:00:32 AM

in my opinion, bitcoin unlikely to be a global currency, why? when I saw the article about bitcoin often I find that bitcoin is banned in some countries. it makes it difficult to become a global currency bitcoin. besides that, bitcoin is also famous as the currency used for illegal activities like in deep web and any other. that makes me pessimistic become a global currency bitcoin.
Even if it's ban, the government cannot make it completely ban, we are living online so we know how to bypass so we can still use our bitcoins, and even if there are countries that ban bitcoin still more countries are using bitcoin. Anyway, we do not need the government because we are decentralized.
true but you have to consider this. if many countries ban bitcoin it will become harder and harder. and the price would take a hit i guess. also this would limit the banned countries to online businesses. i hope bitcoin will be more available offline in the future and this would set us back. 

when did you see all countries ban something this stupidly ever?
that will never happen. as we can see today after this many years since bitcoin introduction in 2008 (8 years) only a couple of random third world countries banned bitcoin usage and no one cares about it.

and meanwhile some advanced first world countries like Japan have even announced bitcoin to be a real legitimate currency.

Only Bitcoin
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:12:57 AM

It wont be accepted as a global currency until some regulations are made. But digital currencies will be the future but not very soon as we expect. Bitcoin will force governments to take digital currency right away.
Senor.Bla

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:11:55 AM

in my opinion, bitcoin unlikely to be a global currency, why? when I saw the article about bitcoin often I find that bitcoin is banned in some countries. it makes it difficult to become a global currency bitcoin. besides that, bitcoin is also famous as the currency used for illegal activities like in deep web and any other. that makes me pessimistic become a global currency bitcoin.
Even if it's ban, the government cannot make it completely ban, we are living online so we know how to bypass so we can still use our bitcoins, and even if there are countries that ban bitcoin still more countries are using bitcoin. Anyway, we do not need the government because we are decentralized.
true but you have to consider this. if many countries ban bitcoin it will become harder and harder. and the price would take a hit i guess. also this would limit the banned countries to online businesses. i hope bitcoin will be more available offline in the future and this would set us back. 

when did you see all countries ban something this stupidly ever?
that will never happen. as we can see today after this many years since bitcoin introduction in 2008 (8 years) only a couple of random third world countries banned bitcoin usage and no one cares about it.

and meanwhile some advanced first world countries like Japan have even announced bitcoin to be a real legitimate currency.
would banning bitcoin be a stupid move? i think so, but to some governments it might look like an good idea. most likely the people in charge would not even understand what they are banning, but some trusted adviser told them to do it, because bitcoin is bad. people are dumb, just look at some public votes in the world. would a ban surprise you? it is not really about if this would be a stupid move or not, but if this is possible.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

It wont be accepted as a global currency until some regulations are made. But digital currencies will be the future but not very soon as we expect. Bitcoin will force governments to take digital currency right away.

Yes, government should recognized the bitcoin first so that they can create a law in regards with bitcoins. bitcoins as global currency? why not, low cost of fee could be a good help but i guess, once the government took care the rules on using bitcoins, i am sure that tax will also applied on every transactions, i am wondering of all merchants will accept bitcoins, will they increase fees on every transactions? What if there is no connection? How it can be use?
Potato Chips

Activity: 2744
Merit: 893

yesssir! 🫡

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:07:43 PM

Global currency is a currency that is accepted for most transaction especially international transactions.  And I think as of now its either USD or Euro.

Bitcoin is an alternative payment system and I think it is designed for all transaction to the point that most people call it  "One Currency For All"

However, As of now there are a very limited number of merchants who accepts bitcoin but it is definitely increasing so if bitcoin will become widely used all around the world then it can be.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
altcoinnxt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:23:49 PM

Yes bitcoin is used all over the world but only a few thousand in every country if bitcoin wants to become a global currency i think is should be used by 1/4 or half the human population.
stark101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:01:04 PM

Bitcoin is becoming a global currency? i hope so. Because bitcoin is used by the people in the whole world. If this things happen it is good for me, is simply because it's not ruled or controlled nor issued by the government or bank. It is more usable in terms of transactions and it have no tax.
Frank Alister

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:15:54 PM

I'm not surprised about it. With all the benefits that BTC has, it's very logical that is becoming a global currency. More and  more people start using it and take advantage every single day.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: