Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226328 times)
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:48:39 AM

Bitcoin is indeed becoming more of a global currency that can be used all over the world. Unlike Western Union, who charges ridiculous amounts fees for sending money overseas. And there's OFX the "Global money transfer experts".

But bitcoin wins overall. And the stats on localbitcoins accurately reflect that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:58:16 AM

I think that bitcoin is already a Global Currency because many use it worldwide. May it be in terms of recharging their airtime on their smartphones, trading into fiat, or buying many things.
Not yet, it might be all users of bitcoin came from all different countries but if you count them its just .5 - 1% of current population.

To make bitcoin a global currency, it needs to be spread and known all over the people or atleast 50% of current population in every country just like USD. It should be use in different type of things too like payment, buy and sell, etc.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:21:12 AM

Yes I also think that bitcoin is becoming a worldwide currency and more people are interested to know about it, how they can treat it.

People isin the digital world ,so if any happen in anywhere that news flash out in a second.Just need to flash out more times that Bitcoins is digital international currency becoming global currency.
devil11

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:29:43 AM

Yes I also think that bitcoin is becoming a worldwide currency and more people are interested to know about it, how they can treat it.

People isin the digital world ,so if any happen in anywhere that news flash out in a second.Just need to flash out more times that Bitcoins is digital international currency becoming global currency.

If bitcoin have to becoming a global digital international currency then i think we have to spread it more. As this age is of modern media and digital, so bitcoin can become a global currency. Bitcoin affairs and latest news should also be discussed and printed in news. Then people should become more known about this currency. If i have a news channel, then i surely arranged a bitcoin talk program. Smiley  Grin
gtglener

Activity: 575

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:46:40 AM

I think that bitcoin is already a Global Currency because many use it worldwide. May it be in terms of recharging their airtime on their smartphones, trading into fiat, or buying many things.

No currently it is not a global currency, it has to pass a lot of phases to become a global currency and for becoming global currency it has to get the support of governments especially of major powers and banks etc, to be involved in world major businesses.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 12:02:00 PM

No currently it is not a global currency, it has to pass a lot of phases to become a global currency and for becoming global currency it has to get the support of governments especially of major powers and banks etc, to be involved in world major businesses.

Gold doesn't need support from governments to be a truly universal global currency. So why should Bitcoin need it?

DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:01:23 PM

You are right. Some think it is just for USA dollars. But many have been using in different sides of the world. I guess they are just stuck in their countries news. Better get some global news also.
bitcoin is not used by one country alone. but in many parts of the world bitcoin have a user that spans the globe. although the user is still quite a bit. but bitcoin has been used by various communities in the world. it proves that bitcoin valuable in many countries. bitcoin has become a global currency

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:51:34 PM

You are right. Some think it is just for USA dollars. But many have been using in different sides of the world. I guess they are just stuck in their countries news. Better get some global news also.
bitcoin is not used by one country alone. but in many parts of the world bitcoin have a user that spans the globe. although the user is still quite a bit. but bitcoin has been used by various communities in the world. it proves that bitcoin valuable in many countries. bitcoin has become a global currency
thats true and in the near future bitcoin will be used by many people of the world as there will be a mass adoption that will allow all countries to switch from regular money to bitcoins

i hope that bitcoins will be the only currency of the world and that i will be able to use it on daily basis as i think that it is the best money that have ever been created and it will remain like that for a while

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:05:31 PM

Bitcoin IS a global currency or a currency without nation!
So no one can stop this evolution!
yeah it allows bitcoin for use in many countries because bitcoin is not the local currency of any country. so that bitcoin will be accepted in the society of the country. but the problem is the legalization of each country? is it time will fix it all?
Karolus

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:38:18 AM

Bitcoin is already a global currency. But it's useful only to an extremely tiny minority. The global economy produces the equivalent of about $78 trillion per year. It's hard to think that bitcoins worth only $9 billion can have a significant role.

The largest retailer that accepts Bitcoin is Overstock.com. The most recent information I found is that only .25% of Overstock's sales used bitcoin. Then when bitcoin dropped in value, Overstock lost money because of the devaluation. That very public example must be making other retailers doubt whether they should accept bitcoin.

Sure, among select groups bitcoin will gain in popularity. For example, gamblers, the digerati, and some tax evaders. In the world economy, bitcoin will be the equivalent of a currency of a very small country. But bitcoin doesn't offer an advantage for the extreme majority of people.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:22:21 AM

But bitcoin is becoming a real currency in use wise , I really have no doubts about that to be honest I think it almost already is.
A lot of users globally are already using it and it only needs to get bigger and recognized to be this.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:29:19 AM

Yes there is a chance it will a globally currency but it will be a long term, right now it will not happen and in the next 5 years also not.
It first needs to gain a lot more popularity!
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:29:32 AM

i think bitcoin is the best currency in the world . it's the international currency . maybe is the best currency from all galaxy  Cheesy
DarkThrones

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:33:12 AM

Yup. What I would like to see as the next step for Bitcoin would be the awesome ability to just live on it. So paying the rent directly with it, buying food directly, and paying utilities. Then people start working for btc Grin
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:22:23 AM

Sure, among select groups bitcoin will gain in popularity. For example, gamblers, the digerati, and some tax evaders. In the world economy, bitcoin will be the equivalent of a currency of a very small country. But bitcoin doesn't offer an advantage for the extreme majority of people.

"The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in ‘Metcalfe’s law’—which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants—becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet’s impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine’s." - Krugman

newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:29:04 AM

Bitcoin is definitely virtual currency and it is definitely an interesting concept. But the issue is if you look at the general economics and currency specifically, currencies are backed up by governments, they are backed up by gold, silver, other infrastructures. The problem with Bitcoin is that nothing is backing it up other than trust between its users. So I don't think bitcoin will become a global currency.
I think that you somewhat can call it a global currency because if you have internet then you can make use of it. Not everyone is making use of it so in order to become a real global currency more people have to make use of it.
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:18:57 AM

Bitcoin is becoming more popular and many people are now using Bitcoin and that is really nice for the currency because it can maybe the future payment method.
And you can also see that it becomes more used and acceptable so that is perfect.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:08:24 AM

Actually it can be accessed globally online. That is the difference. Actually I dont really know if I will treat it as a currency or a commodity. I think it is both just different in how you use it.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:26:07 AM

Actually it can be accessed globally online. That is the difference. Actually I dont really know if I will treat it as a currency or a commodity. I think it is both just different in how you use it.

Majority of people views it as a both currency and also as an investment, but the fact is people don't use it as a currency, mostly they treat is an investment.
n3o111

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:51:02 AM

It is true that bitcoin have begun to be accepted by several countries and stock markets. But in some of the countries like nepal it is very hard to deal with paypal and other payment processor till now. Bitcoin is also not in so much of light over here as currency but for developer like me it has become a good way to accept payment rather than paypal due to no restrictions for my country like they have in paypal. Happy to see how bitcoin is working these days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: