Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226329 times)
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:38:50 PM

If Bitcoin became global currency, it would necessarily limit what bankers and govt could do. It would be much, much more difficult for govt to finance wars, continually expand welfare roles (as opposed to focusing on those who are in most need), subsidize various industries, etc. Bankers would also have more incentive to limit it's lending.

However, overall there isn't any reason to believe that there wouldn't be similar investment vehicles, savings edifices, deposit insurance, etc.
In addition, as someone else mentioned, a fixed currency creates a situation where productivity and population growth (slowly) increases the value of each bitcoin. This encourages savings over debt.

Many disagree about the impact on business, productivity, growth, innovation, etc between an (moderate) inflationary/deflationary environment. But that's a slightly different and deeper conversation. Briefly, many believe that a deflationary environment would not just slow, but actually reverse spending, growth, and investment ("Deflationary death spiral"). They tend to believe that inflation is necessary to encourage spending and growth. Others (myself included) believe that an inflationary environment tends to encourage over-consumption, spending and borrowing over savings - thus leading to more/bad debt and contribute to in-stable boom/bust economic crashes. Similarly, these believe a deflationary environment would not stifle growth, but would slow it to a stable, more sustainable rate.
mastermold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:17:53 PM

I don't believe that a global currency must be issued by an authority. I believe that a global currency just has to be a currency that is accepted globally. I do believe that it will be a cryptocurrency. I personally think that Bitcoin has the best chance of being accepted globally simply because it doesn't have a central authority. For this reason alone more people will be willing to accept it. And it certainly doesn't hurt that it has network effect going for it.
J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:53:43 PM

Bitcoin can be a global currency when they will unbanned bitcoin and will be accept to all country to let everyone use it but not There are countries that still bitcoin banned to them this is why bitcoin can't be a global currency , And i don't believed that bitcoin can be global currency since we can't even used our bitcoin to buy physical things.

Y U MAD AT ME
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:59:49 PM

At this stage bitcoin is NOT capable of handling global currency load. At most it has become global commodity and too much sought after commodity rather than global currency.
232drialf

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 03:04:24 PM

At this stage bitcoin is NOT capable of handling global currency load. At most it has become global commodity and too much sought after commodity rather than global currency.

Bitcoin could be a means of payment for e-commerce site and will be a serious contender for a traditional money exchange service providers.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

I don't believe that a global currency must be issued by an authority. I believe that a global currency just has to be a currency that is accepted globally. I do believe that it will be a cryptocurrency. I personally think that Bitcoin has the best chance of being accepted globally simply because it doesn't have a central authority. For this reason alone more people will be willing to accept it. And it certainly doesn't hurt that it has network effect going for it.

Well i dream with the day countries will accept and recognize bitcoin as a digital currency, and that might happen on the next 10-20 years, since some politicians are aware of bitcoin already. Almost all of the transactions are being made with bitcoin, and the power and volume is already big enought to get those status.
usefrees

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:22:10 PM

Now many have doubts that bitcoin can become a world currency. Nobody knows what will happen to bitcoin tomorrow. Therefore, we can not now talk about the good future bitcoin
Marcus_2017

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:45:25 PM

Now many have doubts that bitcoin can become a world currency. Nobody knows what will happen to bitcoin tomorrow. Therefore, we can not now talk about the good future bitcoin
Similarly, we now can't talk about the bad future of bitcoin. I think that if the decision on the establishment of the cash bitcoin, everything can change. Now in the world there is not a single currency backed by gold.
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:31:21 PM

Well i dream with the day countries will accept and recognize bitcoin as a digital currency, and that might happen on the next 10-20 years, since some politicians are aware of bitcoin already. Almost all of the transactions are being made with bitcoin, and the power and volume is already big enought to get those status.
and hope that your dream will turn in to reality very soon, when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin and all the countries of the world will accept bitcoin as legal currency and even the governments will also accept bitcoin in government's departments.
Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:39:54 PM

and hope that your dream will turn in to reality very soon, when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin and all the countries of the world will accept bitcoin as legal currency and even the governments will also accept bitcoin in government's departments.
Probably that dream would not turn into reality, we cannot expect that all the people in this world will use bitcoin, in fact I do not
even expect a majority total of population will into bitcoin. Considering how complicated bitcoin is, a simple person who does not really
in need of bitcoin would not bother to interest on it, at least we should be realistic all the time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:04:34 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 02:51:20 PM by justdimin

I really don’t see the countries of the world accepting it as a global currency, the bitcoin market is not that big, I mean the price of the transactions made by the bitcoin in the stock markets are not comparable to the us dollar or the euro which are accepted worldwide, so we need more investment for that to happen.

It may be too early to consider bitcoin as global payment system. When at least 50% of world population will be using bitcoin we can declare such status to bitcoin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:02:03 AM

Probably that dream would not turn into reality, we cannot expect that all the people in this world will use bitcoin, in fact I do not
even expect a majority total of population will into bitcoin. Considering how complicated bitcoin is, a simple person who does not really
in need of bitcoin would not bother to interest on it, at least we should be realistic all the time.

I have faced it, I tried to introduce BTC, showed them its potential, profit increasing opportunity. But simply they are not interested. Some fears the volatility and some fears the governments. But still there will be many who will be using it, but not all. So dream of BTC becoming global currency is very difficult to fulfill, but its certainly not impossible.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:23:40 AM

I have faced it, I tried to introduce BTC, showed them its potential, profit increasing opportunity. But simply they are not interested. Some fears the volatility and some fears the governments. But still there will be many who will be using it, but not all. So dream of BTC becoming global currency is very difficult to fulfill, but its certainly not impossible.

You are showing them how to get profit and such that means they treat it as some kind of investment. People wont really believe in new kind of investment nowadays and if you actually started off by telling more of its function then Im sure that you are going to get better response from those people
AUDREY23

Activity: 323

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:51:54 AM

This is an advancement of today Bitcoin will become a global currency if all countries are connected online or via the internet. Unfortunately there are still countries where the Internet is still not available and if available spotty or expensive to get a signal. We all know that we could not transact using Bitcoin without Internet network. therefore we have to find another way to get a deal without the Internet such as bluetooth or infra red
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:01:20 PM

This is an advancement of today Bitcoin will become a global currency if all countries are connected online or via the internet. Unfortunately there are still countries where the Internet is still not available and if available spotty or expensive to get a signal. We all know that we could not transact using Bitcoin without Internet network. therefore we have to find another way to get a deal without the Internet such as bluetooth or infra red
I don't think this is a good idea but we can still do transactions with bitcoin without having internet or even requiring it. But how? That is one of the good question and i will answer that by saying "Paper" yes you read it right, paper... to be specific paper wallets. But how? We just need some or a big generator who will generate bitcoin wallets using paper and put some value on it and distribute it on its countrymen. It is like substitute for money and it involves bitcoin and it doesn't require internet since you will pay the item in person by just exchanging item and the paper wallet with some bitcoin in it.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:37:12 PM

If we will talk and discuss about the good future of bitcoin and will work for it then nothing bad will happen to bitcoin in the future and it will go to the way to become a global currency and will be widely used for the global use at all parts of the world.
Kolder

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:43:42 PM

If we will talk and discuss about the good future of bitcoin and will work for it then nothing bad will happen to bitcoin in the future and it will go to the way to become a global currency and will be widely used for the global use at all parts of the world.

it is a global cryptocurrency , every nation uses it now and being accepted by many users. Bitcoin being widely use helps lot of its users that's why we keep on adopting and using it that for sure every nation and people will soon get curious on it and will definitely use it.

hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 02:44:02 PM

You are showing them how to get profit and such that means they treat it as some kind of investment. People wont really believe in new kind of investment nowadays and if you actually started off by telling more of its function then Im sure that you are going to get better response from those people

I believe that this is a good point. The BTC popularization will happen when it could be used as a payment system. Gold has tremendous value, but nobody uses it to pay their coffee.
We are moving toward this, the day when BTC will be used as a "regular" payment method. But, to do so, it needs to be more "stable" as a token of value. 100% valorization in 1 year doesn't make me wanting to spend BTC. And BTC only will be as popular as its cases of utilization. Wink

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 03:04:40 PM

in need of bitcoin would not bother to interest on it, at least we should be realistic all the time

And how complicated Bitcoin really is?

You just don't know how complicated any digital fiat money is simply because you don't see all the gory details hidden under the hood. You don't need to be a mechanic or engineer to drive a car, you may not even know how the internal combustion engine works. It is the same with Bitcoin, using a web wallet is easier than using online banking in most cases. I guess you never send money via wire transfer. I wish you would have a chance to fill a payment order, which is "an instruction to the ordered bank to arrange for the payment of one specified amount to the beneficiary", as per dictionary. You would quickly change your attitude

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

it is a global cryptocurrency , every nation uses it now and being accepted by many users. Bitcoin being widely use helps lot of its users that's why we keep on adopting and using it that for sure every nation and people will soon get curious on it and will definitely use it.

I'm wonder for some country forbid bitcoin usage for security reason let say that bitcoin can be use for money laundry things that will lead into terrorism activity. It's affect indirectly for bitcoin popularity around the world so it become slower exposure but i'm sure that that bitcoin has unexpected way to grow

Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: