Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180983 times)
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:56:14 PM

Hi,

I need your help regarding this post:

Does MoonCoin have the same backdoor as TIPS to steal wallets even with the private key ?

I was reading a document and you can "apparently" clone other peoples wallets and even though there is a private key you can still gain access to it by making a mould....

Maybe that is what happened.

We have stolen mooncoins from 4 different wallets and are investigating in every direction. Perhaps you could explain if the post above is true and tips had the mentioned issue. If yes, what was the problem and how did the TIPS developers solve it?

Thanks a lot for any help and best regards,
peme
We have never had any reports of coins stolen in this way but I will need proper details before I can give you anything solid. What do you mean by mould?

I don't know, the user Nthused wrote that within the mooncoin thread and because I was not able to find anything about that within fedoracoin threats I just ask now.
The mooncoin wallet hasn't been updated since months and the official compiled versions still use old SSH Version. Perhaps someone was able to use the SSH Heartbleed-Bug. But this is also just an assumption. The new mooncoin wallet with actual SSH is ready for release but it is important to know if there is perhaps something else that has to be fixed.

Nope, not possible. Even if it was an RPC issue I have told users to use their own usernames and passwords. I still do not understand what you mean by "mould" though.

I read it on the old TIPS dev invisibles post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=193414;sa=showPosts
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MystPhysX

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:38:15 AM

Hi,

I need your help regarding this post:

Does MoonCoin have the same backdoor as TIPS to steal wallets even with the private key ?

I was reading a document and you can "apparently" clone other peoples wallets and even though there is a private key you can still gain access to it by making a mould....

Maybe that is what happened.

We have stolen mooncoins from 4 different wallets and are investigating in every direction. Perhaps you could explain if the post above is true and tips had the mentioned issue. If yes, what was the problem and how did the TIPS developers solve it?

Thanks a lot for any help and best regards,
peme
We have never had any reports of coins stolen in this way but I will need proper details before I can give you anything solid. What do you mean by mould?

I don't know, the user Nthused wrote that within the mooncoin thread and because I was not able to find anything about that within fedoracoin threats I just ask now.
The mooncoin wallet hasn't been updated since months and the official compiled versions still use old SSH Version. Perhaps someone was able to use the SSH Heartbleed-Bug. But this is also just an assumption. The new mooncoin wallet with actual SSH is ready for release but it is important to know if there is perhaps something else that has to be fixed.

Nope, not possible. Even if it was an RPC issue I have told users to use their own usernames and passwords. I still do not understand what you mean by "mould" though.

I read it on the old TIPS dev invisibles post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=193414;sa=showPosts
Ah nice find.

Code:
- Attacker can execute code on the same machine as the target (eg. attacker owns a VPS on the same machine as the targets VPS)

That makes me believe it is a non-issue. But if we want to be sure we would have to merge the upstream code from Litecoin if they fixed it.

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:27:06 AM

Thanks, how big a download is the blockchain now?

As today, its about 1 GB

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:56:12 AM

As today, its about 1 GB

Not as big as Bitcoin.
MystPhysX

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:36:36 PM

As today, its about 1 GB
Hey, could you create a bootstrap for us? I'll give you all the files, you just need to run them.

wayore

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:53:34 PM

Double your FedoraCoins with CryptoDouble in 100 Hours!

1. 100% Profit after 100 Hours
2. 200+ Cryptocurrencies available
3. Automatic Payouts
4. Affiliate Program (5%)
5. Dedicated Server
6. Strong DDoS Protection

http://cryptodouble.com/?ref=rlB6E
MystPhysX

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:12:45 PM

Double your FedoraCoins with CryptoDouble in 100 Hours!

1. 100% Profit after 100 Hours
2. 200+ Cryptocurrencies available
3. Automatic Payouts
4. Affiliate Program (5%)
5. Dedicated Server
6. Strong DDoS Protection

http://cryptodouble.com/?ref=rlB6E
A pyramid scheme? No thanks.

versterk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:48:15 PM

fedoraco.in expired on dec23th  Huh

and my wallet does not sync at all
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 03:16:27 PM

My wallet is fully synced. Here is peerinfo:

Code:
[
{
"addr" : "192.252.215.135:44889",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1419434276,
"lastrecv" : 1419434268,
"bytessent" : 369891,
"bytesrecv" : 5018818,
"blocksrequested" : 0,
"conntime" : 1419433985,
"version" : 70000,
"subver" : "/Euphoria:1.0.6/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 506780,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "72.75.228.9:44889",
"lastsend" : 1419434084,
"lastrecv" : 1419434084,
"bytessent" : 342882,
"bytesrecv" : 864465,
"conntime" : 1419434015,
"version" : 60003,
"subver" : "/Euphoria:1.0.5.6/",
"startingheight" : 506781,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "146.185.174.108:44889",
"lastsend" : 1419434287,
"lastrecv" : 1419434293,
"bytessent" : 481397,
"bytesrecv" : 3357496,
"conntime" : 1419434021,
"version" : 60003,
"subver" : "/Euphoria:1.0.5.6/",
},
{
"addr" : "91.121.6.19:44889",
"lastsend" : 1419434282,
"lastrecv" : 1419434282,
"bytessent" : 3969,
"bytesrecv" : 78582,
"conntime" : 1419434100,
"subver" : "/Euphoria:1.1.0/",
},
{
"addr" : "68.108.173.43:44889",
"lastsend" : 1419434275,
"lastrecv" : 1419434240,
"bytessent" : 1561,
"bytesrecv" : 75969,
"conntime" : 1419434135,
"subver" : "/Euphoria:1.1.0/",
}
]

redjedievolution
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

Looking at whois it isn't expired.

Domain ID:D7979450-AFIN
Domain Name:FEDORACO.IN
Created On:23-Dec-2013 13:00:15 UTC
Last Updated On:23-Dec-2014 22:31:40 UTC

Expiration Date:23-Dec-2015 13:00:15 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Webiq Domains Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (R131-AFIN)

It has autorenew, and it renews the expiration day.  Wink

fedoraco.in expired on dec23th  Huh

and my wallet does not sync at all

All is an illusion, there is only energy flowing
versterk

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:15:12 PM

My wallet is fully synced. Here is peerinfo:

thank you , seem to start syncing  Grin

have a nice Xmas  Wink
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:25:03 PM

Merry Christmas to the TIPS community, just about 1 year in the Crypto world for this coin Smiley

Hopefully things turn anew for TIPS soon.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:04:12 AM

Hi Guys, I've been away for a few days now. But in the process, I am putting together a team of developers, all of them new to crypto, but very good at their work. The learning curve is steep so the earliest they could get to work on this coin is January 2015. Meanwhile, to be fair to the large wallets: Its not fair to penalize them, they believed in the coin while the rest of us were elsewhere, let us work with them. They could finance the development of features and services around the coin. We could also have Off exchange buying and selling of the same coins.

this is very awesome news!!!
I also agree we shouldn't penalize the large holders who were the early backers of this coin you have a good point. especially since it appears the large wallets belong to exchanges so there is nothing negative about that. I had also very busy weeks recently and couldn't contribute much here but I'm very glad to see TIPS alive and kicking! Anyway I was thinking today about the POS vs POW, if we could switch the algo without creating a new coin no body would lose their coins and the benefits are:
- community of TIPS would gain value (new TIPS) while supporting the network instead of miners who are mostly not interested in it and keep dumping the coin on us
- the value would be supported by the community because we are largely holders, price won't be pressed down through the miners
- for those of us who have mining equipment we could create a pool to mine other coins and automatically convert to TIPS or BTC
is that not worth doing?

I would also like to make donations to new ideas if somebody wants to do something for TIPS, and we also have the community fund now from which we can start supporting projects, so any suggestions?

What do you think of having a backup blockexplorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/? I contacted (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=221182) Fairglu, and the response was that he takes 125USD per year to host a chain explorer on the website. What do you guys think about that? Am willing to contribute some towards this.

Meanwhile, since the means and manner of securing the blockchain is a work in progress, how about we pick the best of each solution in the market? We retain the POW, while employing POS in further securing transactions via masternodes (Darkcoin). The quantity and quality of transactions (Proof of Importance) could also be used to further secure the network by encouraging liquidity and movement (NEM).

yah I see that fedoracha.in is still down (or down again), I'm not sure what's the best to do maybe the people hosting those can tell us if they can support them going whether we should donate to them to keep them running or should we pay for the back up. eitherway I will support what the community comes up with and donate what I can.

also yah about securing the network, I'm not an expert on the technicalities, but my understanding is that we need enough miners to support it going and this varies with the price of the coin because most of those mining do so for profitability. so to have a stronger network I have been and still am for improving this and changing or adding new algos to do it better. especially if we can make the community itself profit from securing the network through POS or similar additional algos instead of those with big machines and no interest in TiPS. somehow I think the community is still devided on that, I got mostly support for the POS idea first but I think the devs had a different view, so we need to really decide on this and then have this topic behind us!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:18:39 AM

It seems pretty obvious to me ..

Our coin 'ticker' is "TiPS"

I'm all for any app that can facilitate the act of  'tipping'  ..
In the real world ..  bars, restaurants etc ..
In the digital world .. as appreciation for online content etc

We need a mobile TiPS app
We need an online TiPS button/tab that content providers can integrate with their web pages

Triff ..

Made this post back in June ..
( What's that .. a decade ago in BitCoin time ?? Grin )
Still think it applies ..

Triff ..

I think a great area we could focus on is really the coupons markets, cuz I think this is an industry that needs a solution to make things better and we might just have the answer with TiPS and making them have an additional property like colored coins. I heared recently we have here those automatic ticket machines, and when there is not enough money in the machine for change, it prints out a coupon that you can redeem for the change in the office. we also have the same thing with post stamp machines, they print out stamps with the value of the change. I want those machines to instead print a QR code for me with "TiPS inside".
Also the coupons I get from the pharmacy or the grocery store, I with they were in TiPS but "colored" with the name of that grocery, so I can hold them all in my fedoracoin wallet on my phone and use them again whenever convenient.
do you think this would be a successful idea?
of course if we do this then we will automatically be able to introduce it to tipping in restaurants which would be great.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MystPhysX

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:20:35 AM

Hi Guys, I've been away for a few days now. But in the process, I am putting together a team of developers, all of them new to crypto, but very good at their work. The learning curve is steep so the earliest they could get to work on this coin is January 2015. Meanwhile, to be fair to the large wallets: Its not fair to penalize them, they believed in the coin while the rest of us were elsewhere, let us work with them. They could finance the development of features and services around the coin. We could also have Off exchange buying and selling of the same coins.

this is very awesome news!!!
I also agree we shouldn't penalize the large holders who were the early backers of this coin you have a good point. especially since it appears the large wallets belong to exchanges so there is nothing negative about that. I had also very busy weeks recently and couldn't contribute much here but I'm very glad to see TIPS alive and kicking! Anyway I was thinking today about the POS vs POW, if we could switch the algo without creating a new coin no body would lose their coins and the benefits are:
- community of TIPS would gain value (new TIPS) while supporting the network instead of miners who are mostly not interested in it and keep dumping the coin on us
- the value would be supported by the community because we are largely holders, price won't be pressed down through the miners
- for those of us who have mining equipment we could create a pool to mine other coins and automatically convert to TIPS or BTC
is that not worth doing?

I would also like to make donations to new ideas if somebody wants to do something for TIPS, and we also have the community fund now from which we can start supporting projects, so any suggestions?

What do you think of having a backup blockexplorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/? I contacted (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=221182) Fairglu, and the response was that he takes 125USD per year to host a chain explorer on the website. What do you guys think about that? Am willing to contribute some towards this.

Meanwhile, since the means and manner of securing the blockchain is a work in progress, how about we pick the best of each solution in the market? We retain the POW, while employing POS in further securing transactions via masternodes (Darkcoin). The quantity and quality of transactions (Proof of Importance) could also be used to further secure the network by encouraging liquidity and movement (NEM).

yah I see that fedoracha.in is still down (or down again), I'm not sure what's the best to do maybe the people hosting those can tell us if they can support them going whether we should donate to them to keep them running or should we pay for the back up. eitherway I will support what the community comes up with and donate what I can.

also yah about securing the network, I'm not an expert on the technicalities, but my understanding is that we need enough miners to support it going and this varies with the price of the coin because most of those mining do so for profitability. so to have a stronger network I have been and still am for improving this and changing or adding new algos to do it better. especially if we can make the community itself profit from securing the network through POS or similar additional algos instead of those with big machines and no interest in TiPS. somehow I think the community is still devided on that, I got mostly support for the POS idea first but I think the devs had a different view, so we need to really decide on this and then have this topic behind us!
I can keep mine going for 5USD a month. Anyone can actually do it. I still own chainexplorer.info but am not using it so I can donate that as well.

If someone steps up here's what they need:

• A 5USD vps from Ramnode, DigitalOcean, etc
  • 10 minutes of instructions from me

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

As today, its about 1 GB
Hey, could you create a bootstrap for us? I'll give you all the files, you just need to run them.

No thanks.
I dont mean not to help community
but i am not tech freak so i always stay away from something i dont know for sure.

Merry christmas and happy new year for all of you

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

Any working block explorer with API or MPOS pool? +1 for chainz

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 09:39:39 PM

I still see people here interested in using TIPS for Tips. I think the way to go about this is to contact the POS software makers such as NCR who has included other crypto in their new software, and get TIPS included as well. There are only a few top companies worldwide, it would be interesting to see if they would do it....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
hund

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:39:01 AM

tips is one year old now - and still going strong compared to many other coins.
Go fedoracoin!
HopeStillFlies

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:20:56 AM

I can keep mine going for 5USD a month. Anyone can actually do it. I still own chainexplorer.info but am not using it so I can donate that as well.

If someone steps up here's what they need:

• A 5USD vps from Ramnode, DigitalOcean, etc
  • 10 minutes of instructions from me

Considering I'm in the middle of a Fedoracoin project that links off to a blockchain explorer for optional verification, I'd be very interested in getting and keeping this running, since relying on 3rd parties for it seems to have been slightly disastrous at this point. We'll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: