Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
Poleski

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:22:10 PM

What is a good price to get more Gulden ? Everytime I have bought although small amount the price continues to decline. I am not complaining but if price going under 350 I will wait for when it was similar to last year to buy more coins. Coin was low price for a long time in historical graphs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:48:44 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 06:31:31 PM by bram_vnl

Thx I will update es is already on the list
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:45:52 PM

What is a good price to get more Gulden ? Everytime I have bought although small amount the price continues to decline. I am not complaining but if price going under 350 I will wait for when it was similar to last year to buy more coins. Coin was low price for a long time in historical graphs.

This currency is great and one of the best around but has been harmed by political strife in the past, both times over forums (Very hard to believe but true).

The price has been on a downward trajectory since the Zone forum shut down as a few community memebers have either left or become silent supporters.

I can't fathom why forums are such an important topic with certain members of the Gulden community as you never see these debates within other communities. Digibytes.community forum is nowhere near as active as btctalk but for Gulden the community forums were active and vocal.

To your question I would buy up as the price continues to go south. I have also decided not to take part in the mining campaign to rather help support the market.
Next year we can only hope a community can be built where a look of a forum is not the main focus but what the coin offers it's users.

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:16:38 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 07:37:30 PM by bram_vnl

Sponsor project RIP

Gulden.com to sponsor RIP event?

What is it?

Every 2 months a live band night with 3 bands rock/metal

What I eask from gulden.com on the CPF website

3000.000 Gulden to sponsor tshirts with logo of gulden.com and RIP event
I will buy a banner with gulden.com on it to hang up on the event

The CPF link, if you have a account and you like it please vote
https://funding.gulden.com/sponseren-rip-rock-in-purmerend

On the forum
https://community.gulden.com/t/cpf-guldens-voor-rip-rock-in-purmerend

CPF Gulden RIP address
GRiPZK3684PTjpxdQrMRJc67HVepJNxFtG

More info: https://www.facebook.com/ripevent

wargo

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Technician

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

Not "es" but "el".
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:35:22 PM

sorry  Cheesy and thx
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:32:08 AM

One of the reasons my brother and I want to create a new forum is because the official forum does not get many responses to important non tecknique topics posted.

Before we start I want to find out who will come sign up and if you think new forum a good idea.

Well, I won't be joining right from the start. But then again, neither did I with BCT, Guldenzone, or slack (which I am still not on, thus far  Cheesy).

When Gulden came up on my radar, I came to know of 3 fora: The official one, this one here on BCT, and Guldenzone.

Here's my 2 Satoshi:
Guldenzone was the most attractive for me, for the simple reason the other two seamed more "settled". As a newbie, to Gulden, I felt myself more welcome received on Guldenzone, than on the other two. For example, there is a certain "perceptive" (read, distrust/caution/etc) here on BCT regarding newbies, board wide. I noted the official forum was yet quite the opposite. Guldenzone, felt best for me to take the 'leap' in my own tempo from a non-Gulden user, towards a Gulden user.

Cheers  Wink
GeorgeAurea

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:48:23 AM

A new forum would be a waste of time because you splitting the community. Updating the forum is the only mistake the team has made and this community keeps drilling them for this. Post on here if you don't like the main forum, btctalk is setup so people don't have to use multiple forums to ask questions about a coin.

Why would a new forum, or any forum other than this one and the official one, split up the community?

Personally, Guldenzone has been my catalyst to become a Gulden fan. Hence I fail to see that a new forum would/could have a subtracted value, rather than an added one  Wink
GeorgeAurea

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:51:01 AM

https://community.gulden.com/t/community-mining-ipo-no-limit/1349

Will the mining campaign go ahead with the small amount raised?

Yes.
GeorgeAurea

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:59:53 AM

https://community.gulden.com/t/community-mining-ipo-no-limit/1349

Will the mining campaign go ahead with the small amount raised?

The bitcoin price has rallied a lot recently, not many willing to spend bitcoin on anything at this time.

That depends on how you perceive it; the Bitcoin has rallied a roughly 50% increase (from ~ $220 to $330), whilst comparing Gulden made a decrease (from ~600 sat to ~400 sat).
Yet, one could also stat that, due to the Bitcoin rally, Gulden has had an increase of roughly 1/3 in value in comparison...  Wink Grin
GeorgeAurea

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:07:54 AM

All crypto coins, being non-Bitcoin, are, thus far, related to the Bitcoin.

The Bitcoin, had a rally of around 50%, from ~$220 to $330. Whilst, Gulden "declined" from ~600 sat to ~400 sat.

In my perspective, Gulden hasn't declined at all. On the contrary; it's value has been UPPED, with a rough 33%, thanks to the Bitcoin rally lately....  Wink
GeorgeAurea

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:36:51 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 03:20:59 AM by GeorgeAurea

This currency is great and one of the best around but has been harmed by political strife in the past, both times over forums (Very hard to believe but true).

The price has been on a downward trajectory since the Zone forum shut down as a few community memebers have either left or become silent supporters.

I can't fathom why forums are such an important topic with certain members of the Gulden community as you never see these debates within other communities. Digibytes.community forum is nowhere near as active as btctalk but for Gulden the community forums were active and vocal.

To your question I would buy up as the price continues to go south. I have also decided not to take part in the mining campaign to rather help support the market.
Next year we can only hope a community can be built where a look of a forum is not the main focus but what the coin offers it's users.

I perceive it differently. Neither a forum, nor any users affiliated with Gulden, are debit to it's price. In my experience, whenever the Bitcoin rises in value, non-Bitcoin coins drop in value. And, other way around.

So, yes, Gulden has indeed declined in (abstract) value. Yet, this value, in terms of price, is related to the Bitcoin. Gulden, is a crypto currency that has WAY more bag holders, than that it has miners, of which a good deal comes from pools (and not from dedicated miners).
Yet, in terms of percentages, Gulden has declined far less than the Bitcoin has risen in value; this simply equates that the value/price/etc of Gulden did not decrease, but actually has increased...

Besides that, it is still a given fact that pre-mine has been made available for this community mining to cover expenses for a rough 2/3 of its costs. Based on ALL prior mining experiences thus far, any "package takers" are completely covered, and they most certainly end up with profits...
Unless, unless the Bitcoin drops significant in value (>50%) AND Gulden doesn't rise equally or more; which, I very VERY highly doubt to be a likely scenario (less than 2% probability for this scenario to occur in the upcoming 2 months)....
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:52:04 AM

I perceive it differently. Neither a forum, nor any users affiliated with Gulden, are debit to it's price. In my experience, whenever the Bitcoin rises in value, non-Bitcoin coins drop in value. And, other way around.

So, yes, Gulden has indeed declined in (abstract) value. Yet, this value, in terms of price, is related to the Bitcoin. Gulden, is a crypto currency that has WAY more bag holders, than that it has miners, of which a good deal comes from pools (and not from dedicated miners).
Yet, in terms of percentages, Gulden has declined far less than the Bitcoin has risen in value; this simply equates that the value/price/etc of Gulden did not decrease, but actually has increased...

Besides that, it is still a given fact that pre-mine has been made available for this community mining to cover expenses for a rough 2/3 of its costs. Based on ALL prior mining experiences thus far, any "package takers" are completely covered, and they most certainly end up with profits...
Unless, unless the Bitcoin drops significant in value (>50%) AND Gulden doesn't rise equally or more; which, I very VERY highly doubt to be a likely scenario (less than 2% probability for this scenario to occur in the upcoming 2 months)....

Gulden has dropped position from the low 40s to mid 50s on coinmarketcap. Other coins have performed better in price but not in real value as Gulden has added more development where other  coins have done nothing.

This can only be attributed to a loss in community. Slack is not a replacement for a forum as I cant browse the discussions taking place. Lots of "guest" users read the forums that don't worry about registering but want to see what is being discussed.
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:17:15 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 10:30:56 AM by bram_vnl

Sponsor project RIP

Gulden.com to sponsor RIP event?

What is it?

Every 2 months a live band night with 3 bands rock/metal

What I eask from gulden.com on the CPF website

3000.000 Gulden to sponsor tshirts with logo of gulden.com and RIP event
I will buy a banner with gulden.com on it to hang up on the event

The CPF link, if you have a account and you like it please vote

On the forum
https://community.gulden.com/t/cpf-guldens-voor-rip-rock-in-purmerend

CPF Gulden RIP address
GRiPZK3684PTjpxdQrMRJc67HVepJNxFtG

More info: https://www.facebook.com/ripevent

Good initiative Bram, keep up the good work  Wink

Please vote if you have a account, if you are a part of the gulden community you can sign up

GeorgeAurea

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:35:11 PM

Gulden has dropped position from the low 40s to mid 50s on coinmarketcap. Other coins have performed better in price but not in real value as Gulden has added more development where other  coins have done nothing.

This can only be attributed to a loss in community. Slack is not a replacement for a forum as I cant browse the discussions taking place. Lots of "guest" users read the forums that don't worry about registering but want to see what is being discussed.

I'm not so sure on that... Around the time Guldenzone pulled the plug, Gulden had a momentum. There was also that investor who wanted to hold like around 40 BTC worth in Gulden. Likely, back then, those combined has had Gulden pushed upwards. Besides, crypto's are quite volatile. Added to that, when the Bitcoin gets a hiccup, it ripples through on the crypto market.
Who knows, perhaps it might just as well that everything is just leveling out now  Wink

I do certainly agree a forum has its advantages. Like you said, browsing though discussions for example. I miss that stuff. If you're not keeping up on BCT, it's a pain in the ar*e to do so right here. Guldenzone was more active than the official, and most of the time even this one. That on it's own says something...
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:25:07 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 02:03:34 PM by MaNI

I think that is oversimplifying a bit, to name a few factors I can think of and by no means an exhaustive list:
1) We had an unfortunate (albeit temporary) setback with the iOS wallet and Apple - some investors will be waiting to see the end result here before they commit further, if iOS was important to them.
2) We then had, as you will know, a huge prolonged public fight (over an embarrassingly silly thing) including a reckless and large sell wall and some crazy pump action, this sort of thing does not inspire confidence and it will take some time for the damage of this to be reversed.
3) We then suffered an attack, which while we responded quickly to it is again going to leave some people somewhat demoralised for now.
4) Due to the above our Bittrex wallet was offline for a few days, which again will make traders nervous for a while until they return, especially the cautious ones who aren't following closely what actually goes on with the coin.
5) This coincides also with a slightly 'dry' period for releases/news - which will soon come to an end but is unfortunately timed with all the other things above and also as the dev team had to concentrate on the attack our latest release has been delayed a bit.
6) Then BTC is on the up which makes some people want to hold BTC rather and/or potentially cash out
7) Finally it is the end of the year, which means that people will be spending money on gifts for their loved ones, holidays, and other things, meaning less money to speculate on NLG with.

All of these things and more will be combining right now, and have left everyone a bit tired and demoralised, yet despite that the price actually has held relatively steady. This is actually a good thing.
Over time more news will roll in, great new releases will come out, the forum drama and attacks will become a distant memory, we will enter the new year with a renewed energy and carry on forward.

The high BTC price also makes it much easier for coins with very high supply to 'manipulate' there 'market cap' on coinmarketcap - coinmarketcap remains in my opinion one of the absolutely worst indicators to compare currencies based on.

Regarding slack I don't see anyone claiming it is a replacement for forums, they are different, yes they compete to an extent (they are both communication tools) but they do not have a 100% overlap.
Slack is real time, which allows for faster communication, it allows for better bonding, it is a much better place to actually get to know people, form bonds, create friends or partnerships. You will find people casually talking about stuff on Slack that you would never see come up on a forum. It is as a result also a great incubator for ideas and projects and for spontaneous teams to form for these projects. The realtime nature causes people to be themselves and more honest because there is less time to think about replies. People can get instant help. etc. etc.
At the same time forums are also great, they allow much more thought and much slower communication, so they are a good place to have discussions that require lots of thought, they are also a great place for news to go, where people who only check by occasionally can catch up with goings on. To have the sort of discussion that takes place on slack take place on a forum actually undermines the usefulness of a forum, we have over 14k messages in a single week on slack. Imagine coming once a month to check up on a forum and there are 50k messages, where to even begin? (Yes the topics help to an extent but not entirely)

In short they both serve a purpose, at the end of the day people will use what they are comfortable with, and nobody can force them not too, we cannot force people onto the forums just so that people who only read forums do not feel left out, just as we are not forcing anyone onto Slack.
For now there has been a large swing to Slack as clearly it is what people currently prefer (and also because it is new), but I am sure over time and as the project grows, you will see the forums also picking up again, the two will work together to form a better synergy than either can provide alone. And hopefully other mediums like Reddit/Facebook and whatnot will also play a role.
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:55:18 PM

I think that is oversimplifying a bit, to name a few factors I can think of and by no means an exhaustive list:
1) We had an unfortunate (albeit temporary) setback with the iOS wallet and Apple - some investors will be waiting to see the end result here before they commit further, if iOS was important to them.
2) We then had, as you will know, a huge prolonged public fight (over an embarrassingly silly thing) including a reckless and large sell wall and some crazy pump action, this sort of thing does not inspire confidence and it will take some time for the damage of this to be reversed.
3) We then suffered an attack, which while we responded quickly to it is again going to leave some people somewhat demoralised for now.
4) Due to the above our Bittrex wallet was offline for a few days, which again will make traders nervous for a while until they return, especially the cautious ones who aren't following closely what actually goes on with the coin.
5) This coincides also with a slightly 'dry' period for releases/news - which will soon come to an end but is unfortunately timed with all the other things above and also as the dev team had to concentrate on the attack our latest release has been delayed a bit.
6) Then BTC is on the up which makes some people want to hold BTC rather and/or potentially cash out
7) Finally it is the end of the year, which means that people will be spending money on gifts for their loved ones, holidays, and other things, meaning less money to speculate on NLG with.

All of these things and more will be combining right now, and have left everyone a bit tired and demoralised, yet despite that the price actually has held relatively steady. This is actually a good thing.
Over time more news will roll in, great new releases will come out, the forum drama and attacks will become a distant memory, we will enter the new with a renewed energy and carry on forward.

The high BTC price also makes it much easier for coins with very high supply to 'manipulate' there 'market cap' on coinmarketcap - coinmarketcap remains in my opinion one of the absolutely worst indicators to compare currencies based on.

Regarding slack I don't see anyone claiming it is a replacement for forums, they are different, yes they compete to an extent (they are both communication tools) but they do not have a 100% overlap.
Slack is real time, which allows for faster communication, it allows for better bonding, it is a much better place to actually get to know people, form bonds, create friends or partnerships. You will find people casually talking about stuff on Slack that you would never see come up on a forum. It is as a result also a great incubator for ideas and projects and for spontaneous teams to form for these projects. The realtime nature causes people to be themselves and more honest because there is less time to think about replies. People can get instant help. etc. etc.
At the same time forums are also great, they allow much more thought and much slower communication, so they are a good place to have discussions that require lots of thought, they are also a great place for news to go, where people who only check by occasionally can catch up with goings on. To have the sort of discussion that takes place on slack take place on a forum actually undermines the usefulness of a forum, we have over 14k messages in a single week on slack. Imagine coming once a month to check up on a forum and there are 50k messages, where to even begin? (Yes the topics help to an extent but not entirely)

In short they both serve a purpose, at the end of the day people will use what they are comfortable with, and nobody can force them not too, we cannot force people onto the forums just so that people who only read forums do not feel left out, just as we are not forcing anyone onto Slack.
For now there has been a large swing to Slack as clearly it is what people currently prefer (and also because it is new), but I am sure over time and as the project grows, you will see the forums also picking up again, the two will work together to form a better synergy than either can provide alone. And hopefully other mediums like Reddit/Facebook and whatnot will also play a role.

Malcolm hit the nail on the head right here.
Zonefan

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:13:52 PM

Over time more news will roll in, great new releases will come out, the forum drama and attacks will become a distant memory, we will enter the new with a renewed energy and carry on forward.

Malcolm hit the nail on the head right here.

His analysis is good and I won't post about this again but there is no denying the first forum and zone forum had much more members posting and getting involved. The one difference with the official forum is there has been less arguments and debates against Rijk and Geert, it is quiet but pleasant.
Gulden

Activity: 60
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:01:36 PM

Guldenclub.com
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:05:35 AM

Nice initiative. Great jobs done, Nickle2dime. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: