Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
Laatstehalte

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:30:16 AM

Currently, it seems another 51% attack is happening?

51% Attack? Do we know who is doing it , if anything happens to Gulden there will be a war that will destroy cryptos for good. Attackers you have been warned.

Another? What happened? More then once means it's intentional. I can think of a few people that will want to hurt Gulden.

These attacks is most likely to do with the announcement of Nocks as a fintech company for Gulden which was very big news for the currency. @Buerra any other coins that wanted you to add them to Nocks recently and you refused them?

Could be, but it's pure speculation at this point. There were some coins that requested to be on Nocks, but I doubt that any of them would do this.

We had some decent exposure for the company-news too as we're using other tools to gain exposure (other then the forums). About 2000 reads of the blogs I posted in relation to the news and another 3000 'views' on Twitter with about 200 interactions from tweets about the news/blogs. So yeah, WaterLooDown described it pretty aptly describing this as 'growing pains' on slack yesterday. This surely is a deliberate attack on Gulden, but I trust Malcolm when he says he has a fix and we'll just have to hang tight for the time being.

We're keeping Nocks offline for a bit and until' Bittrex is back up (also needs the new wallet) we can't run our service properly at the moment anyway.

This is deliberate. These coins have much less network hashrate on scrypt algo and never touched.

AUR,
EFL,
DOGED,
CHC,
FLO,
GLD,
BTA,
SXC,
EMD,
LYC,
BTM,
IEC,
NYAN,
ARI,
FRK,
RPC,
FST,
MNC,
SPT,
QTL,
CAT,
EMC2,
OMC,
GLC and more.

I bet none of these coins will be attacked after our dev team has come with a fix.

Been watching on the sidelines and you are right. No other coins will be attacked by the same group because it was done to destroy gulden. The development team have fought back and given them a middle finger.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:01:54 AM

updated to Gulden 1.5.5

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

What an amazing response by the development team. I can assure you there is not many teams in crypto that could of prevented further double spends and come up with a answer to stop future ones. I will be buying more coins this weekend because every other coin that doesn't have this place can be compromised.

You guys are crypto legends.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:52:00 PM

What an amazing response by the development team. I can assure you there is not many teams in crypto that could of prevented further double spends and come up with a answer to stop future ones. I will be buying more coins this weekend because every other coin that doesn't have this place can be compromised.

You guys are crypto legends.

Hey Tamilee,

Thank you for the kind words. We took the attack extremely seriously and wanted to make sure it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to pull it off going forward, as MaNI said this will lead onto a much better solution in the medium term.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:27:44 PM

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their patience during this trying time of securing the Gulden blockchain. Unfortunately there was a issue with the 1.5.4 version released yesterday which has been resolved. These types of things are bound to happen when you making changes that would have a development cycle of 3 months squeezed into less then 5 days.
I am extremely proud of the work the dev team has done especially MaNI and the community who has helped spread the news to various sites and services, Thank you!

Please update to version 1.5.5 ASAP

Latest version: v1.5.5.0 (19-11-2015)
Source: https://github.com/gulden/gulden-official
Apps: https://developer.gulden.com/apps

Hell you boys work fast! New wallet downloaded and fantastic job finding a solution to 51% attack so damn fast!!

Update wallet 1.5.5

Send tweet @gulden_fan https://twitter.com/Gulden_fan/status/667358729558470657
Dutch ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=886372
Reddit http://reddit.com/r/gulden
google+ https://plus.google.com/u/1/103372380374548751151
wallet links update http://guldenlinks.com

Outstanding work team!

I have installed the new wallet.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:30:42 PM

I read on the AUR thread Gulden got double spent, WTF!!!! I have updated my wallet.

Trackcoins is a troll, people need to wait a week and see if other coins get double spent. No other coin get attacked then it was a personal vendetta against Gulden and EFL, AUR have most hate against Gulden.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:23:30 PM

I read on the AUR thread Gulden got double spent, WTF!!!! I have updated my wallet.

Trackcoins is a troll, people need to wait a week and see if other coins get double spent. No other coin get attacked then it was a personal vendetta against Gulden and EFL, AUR have most hate against Gulden.

Most people with AUR have Gulden, It's not them. Nelis/Yoshi wouldn't do harm Gulden and EFL don't have the skill to do it I think. The question is why Gulden?

With Gulden having updated and being protected i wouldnt invest in any of these other coins. I have some EFL which I will sell on the next pump.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:48:28 PM

The attackers have hurt various miners profits with the downtime on Bittrex exchange. We would like to fork a few coins in response to this that are not on our list of coins we mine. Please send a message to me on which other coins would attack Gulden and we will inflict some pain.

Please don't hurt AUR , I have +-20k coins and support both Gulden and AUR.

I would just like to say AUR had nothing to do with the attack on Gulden. Fuse did message me to confirm it was not them and they wouldn't waste there time on doing something like this.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:50:22 PM

Please update to 1.5.5 if you haven't already.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their patience during this trying time of securing the Gulden blockchain. Unfortunately there was a issue with the 1.5.4 version released yesterday which has been resolved. These types of things are bound to happen when you making changes that would have a development cycle of 3 months squeezed into less then 5 days.
I am extremely proud of the work the dev team has done especially MaNI and the community who has helped spread the news to various sites and services, Thank you!

Please update to version 1.5.5 ASAP

Latest version: v1.5.5.0 (19-11-2015)
Source: https://github.com/gulden/gulden-official
Apps: https://developer.gulden.com/apps

Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 08:15:59 PM

The attackers have hurt various miners profits with the downtime on Bittrex exchange. We would like to fork a few coins in response to this that are not on our list of coins we mine. Please send a message to me on which other coins would attack Gulden and we will inflict some pain.

Just to back up with @Waterloo... AUR has nothing to do with it. Gulden won't damage AUR or any other coin and vica versa. Period.

I am really glad we got attacked at this point in time and not later which could have done really more damage.
From now we are armed and ready to build the future for Gulden!

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
AndreasK

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:12:16 PM

My wallet is updated and all my balance is all fine. Did anyone have coins stolen?
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 09:53:45 PM

My wallet is updated and all my balance is all fine. Did anyone have coins stolen?

Sure nobody lost coins... Glad you are ok too  Cool

Next stage of Gulden comes soon...

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
BlockEruptor

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:16:00 PM

What was stolen in the double spend?
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:55:39 AM

What was stolen in the double spend?

Bitcoin.
What Jero means is that average users will be fine, it is not like NLG will have just vanished out of anyone's wallet while they were not using it, only people receiving NLG in exchange for goods (services like exchanges etc.)
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:17:44 AM

Just to back up with @Waterloo... AUR has nothing to do with it. Gulden won't damage AUR or any other coin and vica versa. Period.

I am really glad we got attacked at this point in time and not later which could have done really more damage.

Digibyte has had problems with the people from GroestlCoin in the past because they are super jealous that the GRS algorithm is associated with digibyte and not their coin. Gulden is more complex because of the hardened debates between NLG and EFL community, AUR members are also being upset with decisions taken with Gulden. Best to move on and be thankful that Gulden has a good development team that was able to respond in a timely manner.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:48:52 AM

Digibyte has had problems with the people from GroestlCoin in the past because they are super jealous that the GRS algorithm is associated with digibyte and not their coin. Gulden is more complex because of the hardened debates between NLG and EFL community, AUR members are also being upset with decisions taken with Gulden. Best to move on and be thankful that Gulden has a good development team that was able to respond in a timely manner.

Ask psychoticboy if he knows anything. He is with EFL and also posting on Groestlcoin Annouce page. He might have information.
Wildwest

Activity: 1702
Merit: 314

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:57:46 PM

With double spend attacks being resolved by the developers what other problems does the community need to be aware of? Correct me if I am wrong but any PoW coin without the changes the devs made are all open for double spend attacks.

Why was Gulden attacked and not any other coins ?

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:12:02 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 02:34:16 PM by q327K091

updating asap, thanks to dev team keeping on the top and improving constant, low network hash rate allows polishing coin tech to perfection and you are doing it great

amused by some thread with AUR and NLG together , separate chains both will come up on the top in due time, this whole enterprise is not going anywhere will be embedded in the fabric of the internet like forever

side note: you can safely upgrade mac compatibility from  -mmacosx-version-min=10.5  to  -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 and bump boost and db version potentially) ... lets see the new wallet.. and balance but since I dont transfer anything should be fine 100% (eventually I want to transfer like purchasing stuff  Cool

version v1.5.5.0-911f59f-dirty downloaded block syncing in progress, looking good

a) logo design is in the phenomenal minimal style (never change)
b) wallet assumed even more minimalistic looks and feel (like it) must be by the same designer

~~~cool stuff!~~~  always liked you , the double spent is as said better to be caught now , people that transacted with exchanges and exchanges themselves maybe were affected but volume is not sufficient enough for really major damage and most people are not selling

very best
Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:32:14 PM

With double spend attacks being resolved by the developers what other problems does the community need to be aware of? Correct me if I am wrong but any PoW coin without the changes the devs made are all open for double spend attacks.

Why was Gulden attacked and not any other coins ?

I can't answer the technical questions but the reason I think Gulden was attacked is because it has been climbing up the ranks and maintaining higher ranks with time. I have been here almost from the beginning and the coin wasn't in the top 200. After 3 months it was stable in top 200 and then top 150, top 100 , top 75 and was in the 40s before the attack took place.

No one cared when it wasn't in the top 100 and of course people are scared of the quiet success it's having.

Do I think the attack was personal against Gulden success ? I am 100% convinced. This wasn't a group of people going around atracking other coins or the next coin would of been attacked already.

All I can say is keep doing what your doing community and team l. It's working !
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:05:16 PM

Reminder to all to make frequent backups of your wallets, and keep the backups in a safe place where they can't be compromised, ideally enable encryption on your wallets and keep them locked when not transacting for security purposes.
Pages: « 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: