Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:56:10 PM

Do you have some BTC left? Community mining as a Sinterklaas present!
https://community.gulden.com/t/community-mining-ipo-no-limit/1349
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 04:31:01 PM

What is a good price to get more Gulden ? Everytime I have bought although small amount the price continues to decline. I am not complaining but if price going under 350 I will wait for when it was similar to last year to buy more coins. Coin was low price for a long time in historical graphs.

This currency is great and one of the best around but has been harmed by political strife in the past, both times over forums (Very hard to believe but true).

The price has been on a downward trajectory since the Zone forum shut down as a few community memebers have either left or become silent supporters.

I can't fathom why forums are such an important topic with certain members of the Gulden community as you never see these debates within other communities. Digibytes.community forum is nowhere near as active as btctalk but for Gulden the community forums were active and vocal.

To your question I would buy up as the price continues to go south. I have also decided not to take part in the mining campaign to rather help support the market.
Next year we can only hope a community can be built where a look of a forum is not the main focus but what the coin offers it's users.

I perceive it differently. Neither a forum, nor any users affiliated with Gulden, are debit to it's price. In my experience, whenever the Bitcoin rises in value, non-Bitcoin coins drop in value. And, other way around.

So, yes, Gulden has indeed declined in (abstract) value. Yet, this value, in terms of price, is related to the Bitcoin. Gulden, is a crypto currency that has WAY more bag holders, than that it has miners, of which a good deal comes from pools (and not from dedicated miners).
Yet, in terms of percentages, Gulden has declined far less than the Bitcoin has risen in value; this simply equates that the value/price/etc of Gulden did not decrease, but actually has increased...

Besides that, it is still a given fact that pre-mine has been made available for this community mining to cover expenses for a rough 2/3 of its costs. Based on ALL prior mining experiences thus far, any "package takers" are completely covered, and they most certainly end up with profits...
Unless, unless the Bitcoin drops significant in value (>50%) AND Gulden doesn't rise equally or more; which, I very VERY highly doubt to be a likely scenario (less than 2% probability for this scenario to occur in the upcoming 2 months)....

Gulden has dropped position from the low 40s to mid 50s on coinmarketcap. Other coins have performed better in price but not in real value as Gulden has added more development where other  coins have done nothing.

This can only be attributed to a loss in community. Slack is not a replacement for a forum as I cant browse the discussions taking place. Lots of "guest" users read the forums that don't worry about registering but want to see what is being discussed.

I totally agree. I don't have time to spend in multiple systems. For me at least, coming here to Bitcointalk allows me scan all the forums I participate in as well as some I may be scouting for a buy in or just to see what the competition is up to. It's important to keep this forum up to date. I'm sorry if some of you don't agree but, for my situation at least, that's the way I see it. Besides, gotta spend time keeping those Gulden miners running!  Cheesy

And, a central point of discussion is important for community participation and dissemination of up to date information among regular users and those contemplating taking the plunge.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:04:29 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 09:51:20 AM by bram_vnl

Good! like the website!

Guldenclub.com
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:08:33 PM

Bitcoin about to break 400 this week and this will push Gulden price to about 300-350. There will be buying opportunity when bitcoin price corrects and Gulden price remains low. Look out for that point to buy bitcoin to get into Gulden.

Litesire

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:17:17 PM

A new forum would be a waste of time because you splitting the community. Updating the forum is the only mistake the team has made and this community keeps drilling them for this. Post on here if you don't like the main forum, btctalk is setup so people don't have to use multiple forums to ask questions about a coin.

Why would a new forum, or any forum other than this one and the official one, split up the community?

Personally, Guldenzone has been my catalyst to become a Gulden fan. Hence I fail to see that a new forum would/could have a subtracted value, rather than an added one  Wink

Like many others I only post on here but there does appear to be a problem with community involvement regarding posts on the official forum. This post of yours is 2 days old and not one response.

https://community.gulden.com/t/netwerk-hashrate-multipools-and-other-perils/1366

When Gulden was over 800 in price a few months ago there was a lot more multi pools fighting for blocks, if the price returns to that level again we will see a lot more players on the blockchain.

Litesire

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:19:18 PM

Excellent incentive for the community.

MankeNelis

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:53:50 PM

The best of all! Better than e-gulden  Cool Cool
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:32:24 PM

Friendly reminder, fix your ios app it doesnt even work, also android last update was in march!
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:42:00 PM

Friendly reminder, fix your ios app it doesnt even work, also android last update was in march!

ios app and also Nocks ios app will be send again soon for approval by Apple, as founders of Gulden and Nocks company told.  Nocks can be used for buying with Gulden everywhere around the globe where bitcoin is accepted. Also can you use it for paying with bitcoin where Gulden is accepted. First it was needed to form a company to get approval again by Apple. https://nocks.nl/

There have been talks to innovate the android wallet as well later on maybe.
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:13:16 AM

A new forum would be a waste of time because you splitting the community. Updating the forum is the only mistake the team has made and this community keeps drilling them for this. Post on here if you don't like the main forum, btctalk is setup so people don't have to use multiple forums to ask questions about a coin.

Why would a new forum, or any forum other than this one and the official one, split up the community?

Personally, Guldenzone has been my catalyst to become a Gulden fan. Hence I fail to see that a new forum would/could have a subtracted value, rather than an added one  Wink

Like many others I only post on here but there does appear to be a problem with community involvement regarding posts on the official forum. This post of yours is 2 days old and not one response.

https://community.gulden.com/t/netwerk-hashrate-multipools-and-other-perils/1366

When Gulden was over 800 in price a few months ago there was a lot more multi pools fighting for blocks, if the price returns to that level again we will see a lot more players on the blockchain.

Yeah, I know...

That link is tied to 2 earlier topics of mine, which both initially enthusiastic received, yet both shot down.

Gulden, besides Bitcoin, is/are my coin(s). I am no trader, I am a miner. For me, I don't care about price. 80 sat, 800 sat, even nearing 1.500 sat, I simply do not care.

Bitcoin is my main. Gulden is my first alt. And on both, I see potential. Much potential. Likewise, I do believe in this community...  Wink
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:21:31 AM

The new android wallet is for Gulden, you are looking at guldencoin. It was updated a month ago.
iOS wallet is having sync issues for me but I am getting the same problem with the digibyte iOS wallet.

Waterloodown said there is a new iOS wallet coming last week but must of been delayed.

MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:00:30 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 07:47:40 AM by MaNI

The new android wallet is for Gulden, you are looking at guldencoin. It was updated a month ago.
iOS wallet is having sync issues for me but I am getting the same problem with the digibyte iOS wallet.

Waterloodown said there is a new iOS wallet coming last week but must of been delayed.

Yes, indeed, android wallet is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gulden.androidwallet.nlg
"Updated November 4, 2015"

Regarding iOS. The initial iOS port has been working and ready for a few weeks now with testing ongoing and pending one final extra special feature we want to add for this release.
We are not copy paste developers who just take other peoples code and change a few variables/names without understanding whats going on (like many other coins) but actually take time reading the code to understand what it does, altering the code in such a way that we can actually keep up with new bugs and features from upstream in future, adding new Gulden specific features, testing the code to make sure it works right and improving the code where necessary.
This unfortunately sometimes takes a while, if we wanted to put out garbage we could be a lot faster but we don't Smiley At the same time putting in the extra effort now, means that in future we can keep on putting out new wallets at a much faster pace, so it is extra up from time now to ensure there is not a lot of wasted time in future, development done *right*.

We are also not full time - and have to keep up with our regular full time jobs - and have lost a lot of development time to handle the update after the double spend attack, I personally had to put off my normal work for a day or two so that we could handle that with the appropriate urgency it deserved and while that is fine (I fortunately have the luxury of being able to do that sometimes) it now means I have a backlog of work to catch up on Smiley This is an unfortunate reality for now until we grow to the point where we have a ton of full time developers.

The above said, the new iOS wallet is looking great and will be out real soon (the submission process to Apple will of course take a while), we are really excited for this release and for the future of this wallet once we start making more changes to it. 2016 is going to be an exciting year.
Gulden

Activity: 60
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:11:31 AM

https://timeline.gulden.com
Gulden

Activity: 60
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:53:58 AM

Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:53:03 AM

Slack is not a replacement for a forum as I cant browse the discussions taking place. Lots of "guest" users read the forums that don't worry about registering but want to see what is being discussed.

Great Point.

Nobody said it was a replacement did they? There's not one platform that will be a cure-all and nobody said there won't be any updates coming to the forums either. It's multi-platform, the forums just have to share the spotlight with all of the other places that people are reached. 90% (probably more) of the entire user-base will never read or sign-up on the forums anyway. It plays such a small part in all of this.

Indeed, indeed, indeed.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:21:57 AM

Slack is not a replacement for a forum as I cant browse the discussions taking place. Lots of "guest" users read the forums that don't worry about registering but want to see what is being discussed.

Great Point.

Nobody said it was a replacement did they? There's not one platform that will be a cure-all and nobody said there won't be any updates coming to the forums either. It's multi-platform, the forums just have to share the spotlight with all of the other places that people are reached. 90% (probably more) of the entire user-base will never read or sign-up on the forums anyway. It plays such a small part in all of this.

Indeed, indeed, indeed.

My brother and I won't be doing a forum as we will be quite busy in the future and a forum requires a lot of work to moderate and build up users. Thanks to the team for your continued work on Gulden and those community members that put in a lot of effort to make this the best currency. Please keep posting all updates on bitcointalk as my only request.

When will the iOS wallet be ready for us to install?
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:52:39 AM

We have reached 67 members on the Gulden slack channel and there is constant conversations taking place. A few people have come to chat directly to the development team with technical issues, plenty ideas also get discussed.
https://gulden.com/join

I was given a tip to invest in Bitcoin and a small amount in Gulden. What plans does Gulden have for the future?

I just compiled a bunch of links, take a look.

Gulden Slack Chatroom
Gulden Forum
Twitter
Facebook
Nocks - Convert Gulden to Bitcoin and vice versa

Gulden at RT News
Pay with Gulden at De Prins Amsterdam
Pay with Gulden at Subway Leeuwarden
Pay with Gulden at Subway Assen
Pay with Gulden at Subway Kampen
About Gulden (Dutch)
Your Gulden wallet (Dutch)

Gulden Timeline
Check the progress of Gulden over time!

Official merchant directory
With over 50 shops accepting Gulden!

Slack is a pretty nice place, lot's of conversations going on and new plans being made.
46 members now and growing every day. Don't forget to sign up!

www.Gulden.com/join

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:55:42 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 12:09:35 PM by Buerra

Just to put things in a little perspective on why I keep saying that the forum isn't the most important outlet. Just based off of the impressions we get on Twitter @nocksapp. That kind of exposure is far more valuable in my opinion. These are organic results (no Twitter Ads have been live yet).

112691 impressions over the course of 28 days.

Edit: and that spike in views came from the news-pieces I posted about Nocks B.V. being live and the blog posts I posted to release that news.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:46:16 PM

The NLG community keeps doing what it's good at: development, entrepreneursship and.... support! That last thing is meant in the broadest sense of the word. Besides new users we will again support people in need and we will do so through the event called 3FM Serious Request 2015! (for non-Dutch, check out what SR15 is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_Request ). This year's cause will be youth in warzones.

Ok, that's nice, but please elaborate a bit
As we all know, SR15 is a huge happening attracting millions of viewers and attendees over the course of the event itself, so we do need good preperation and continuous contibution in support, promotion etc. To make this action a succes, we need to do this all together.
That means #dowork Smiley Read on please!

What do we want to achieve?
We want 3FM radio to be ready to accept a donation in NLG. That is quite different from normal donations; people mostly just drop a crumpled envelope in the too tiny mailbox or put up a coloured cheque (that can be done also after all, but more about that later).
Given the fact hundreds of thousands of people are watching Serious Request, this is also an action with a lot of ambition, so it fits NLG perfectly!

How will we do this
It is important that we will be in the picture in the right way, though we should start by really showing 3FM radio that we take their action seriously (and so they will take ours seriously).
First we need to give 3FM notice of our action, by making an action page at https://kominactie.3fm.nl2.

In a later stadium (as soon as the action is underway) we can give them notice that we want to come over and hand over the money we collected personally: http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/formulier/langskomen1.

What do we need
This is not a type of action that is done by just a donation. As said, as a group we need to continuously follow this up. A lot of hands makes it easier, for the first steps we need:

- Most important, 1 person that contacts 3FM, makes the arrangement to come over AND also makes it clear that donation will be done in NLG!
- A name for this action: “Voor een gulden toekomst?” (by Buerra)
- A banner (1200*350) + avatar (600*600) for the actionpage
- A short, clear desription of what this action is about
- An indication of the amount we want to raise in Euro's
- Two or three people who want to run/manage and promote the action page
- People who want to come to Heerlen as soon the moment is there to hand over the raised NLG. The more the merrier!

I can't wait/how can i help?
See above, there is already enough to do. And all input + good ideas are more than welcome!

@bramvnl already has taken on managing our donations address, lots of thanks for that!

Donations can already be sent to the following SR15 address:
GSR159fitYW3sT3wGwREnmi5PhnknqsP7D

Ok people, let's do the things you are good at to achieve this! Let's #dowork and I look forward to hearing from you!

Last but not least, this is the thread on the Gulden forum: https://community.gulden.com/t/serious-request-2015-we-need-you/1352

https://kominactie.3fm.nl/actie/guldens-op-halen
Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:08:42 PM

I agree with de buurman. It wouldn't be EFL , it would be stupid of them knowing they also open for 51% attack and same goes for AUR. Which only leaves psychoticboy working with GRS developers but what motive would the GRS developers have for hurting Gulden? They have never come on here saying bad things about Gulden and never been a war between the coins like they have with digibyte.
I'd venture that the mere fact that they have done any attack once to any coin is enough to cast suspicion on them as a suspect, as it is a display that they are not 'above' doing such a thing, while most other people would never consider doing such a thing, it is never really acceptable to attack any other coin no matter what the circumstances...
I (and many others) could do immense damage right now if I wanted to, to any number of altcoins that are on old code bases or are PoW without check pointing, but we won't because we have ethics.

However that aside, unless someone has some actual proof (in which case please do come forward with it) it is all just speculation, and I don't think speculation can cause anything other than harm, so I say let us move on and focus on what we have always done building something awesome, let us not associate with those who only want to tear things down and destroy.
We can sit and make theories about who did this, or we can move on and do something constructive, I choose the second option and I hope that everyone else will also.

https://community.gulden.com/t/contact-gezocht-looking-for-contact/1367

I don't mean to pick this up again but does anyone know if any other coin was attacked since Gulden was? Has debuurman contacted the team ?
Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: