Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:57:20 AM

LTEX, I and a few others just want a civil discussion about things that worry us (and holds us back in doing things for NLG) and how the team would handle the obvious problems when they arise. The foundation was proposed as one of the many solutions, not THE solution. Yet, we only receive negative sounding comments from the dev team about how bad this one solution is.

If the dev team doesn't want this discussion, I'll get the hint (I don't speak for others). Just say it, then I know I have to obey the benevolent dictator.

There is 2 leaders . LTEX and RIJK .one will be a dictactor to the grp that does not agree. Like Ltex is ur your leader because of ur joint effort with aur. You also talk with Ltex more and his ideas will have more effect on you. It will be the same for the followers of Rijk.

LTEX is not my leader and don't pull AUR in this. It has NOTHING to do with it. Stop spreading FUD. The dev team is currently leading NLG, nobody else. We just want them to do a proper job and raising questions about issues we see and propose possible solutions.

Both AUR and EFL have foundations. Why not see which projects come out on top? Let Gulden remain the untamed beast while the other 2 projects run on structure.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:35:04 PM

EFL wouldn't have gotten anywhere even without a foundation, so that is a bad excuse.

AUR has a foundation because the Icelandic people wanted a central body for the Icelandic media and government to contact, and to host the part of the premine, as its unknown creator wanted. Iceland also has strict currency laws, which needed to be sorted out. The Netherlands don't have them. We communicate with them about possible development decisions, and we want to have them make some, but if they don't decide anything the other non-foundation members have just as much to say about it. The slower pace of development is not due to the foundation, but many of the development members are often busy IRL (I am also busy with NLG, spreading my limited time between the two), and we had a legacy to handle, which has been a bit inconvenient. The things I'm currently developing for AUR can also be used for NLG, but for some things we have to reinvent the wheel as the code is not freely available (e.g. the seed node monitoring system).
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:45:53 PM

but many of the development members are often busy IRL
And this is different from NLG how exactly?
Every one of the current NLG team members has full time jobs, In my personal capacity I co-run my own company where I work longer than normal work days, NLG development is squeezed into what little free time we have.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:53:54 PM

The seeds overview is now available at developer.gulden.com. A lot more tools and features will be added to the developer site in the future.

About the foundation talk, this is not on our roadmap. However because we do understand some concerns of other members in the community we have added the issuing of a statement on our to-do list.

Wow nice pic and good work!
MaNI

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:56:12 PM

The seeds overview is now available at developer.gulden.com. A lot more tools and features will be added to the developer site in the future.

About the foundation talk, this is not on our roadmap. However because we do understand some concerns of other members in the community we have added the issuing of a statement on our to-do list.

Wow nice pic and good work!

Yeah, I love the look of the new page that Rijk has done, excited for the future developments there.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:01:35 PM

but many of the development members are often busy IRL
And this is different from NLG how exactly?
Every one of the current NLG team members has full time jobs, In my personal capacity I co-run my own company where I work longer than normal work days, NLG development is squeezed into what little free time we have.

I just mentioned how things run at AUR how I see it, by no means I wanted to compare it with NLG (I don't know how busy the NLG dev team is).
MaNI

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:07:27 PM

I just mentioned how things run at AUR how I see it, by no means I wanted to compare it with NLG (I don't know how busy the NLG dev team is).
You are stating that (the Aur team is busy IRL) is the reason for the slower development (and not the foundation) - however the NLG team is likely just as busy, so that statement can't possibly be true.
This of course does not mean that it is the foundation for sure, there could be many other reasons (A higher quality team, a more dedicated team, a more motivating environment, a better community, better leadership etc. etc.), but your reason for discounting the foundation as a possible factor is certainly incorrect as the NLG team is indeed very busy IRL as well.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:30:43 PM

You are stating that (the Aur team is busy IRL) is the reason for the slower development (and not the foundation) - however the NLG team is likely just as busy, so that statement can't possibly be true.
This of course does not mean that it is the foundation for sure, there could be many other reasons (A higher quality team, a more dedicated team, a more motivating environment, a better community, better leadership etc. etc.), but your reason for discounting the foundation as a possible factor is certainly incorrect as the NLG team is indeed very busy IRL as well.

That's just all assumptions (both from my and your side)... and a discussion I don't feel like having (I didn't want discuss AUR matters here as it is off-topic). My experience so far is that the AUR foundation is not slowing development. I speak from a personal point of view. If team members say they are busy IRL, I don't question that. Everyone should do what they think is right. If spending more time with family, work or study results in lesser productivity in our team, well so be it. I don't feel like having a contest about which team is the most busiest IRL.

That's all I'm going to say about it.
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:22:55 PM

Everyone should do what they think is right.

if only this team could be afforded the same.The team that imo is doing a lot right.

GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:22:55 PM

LTEX, I and a few others just want a civil discussion about things that worry us (and holds us back in doing things for NLG) and how the team would handle the obvious problems when they arise. The foundation was proposed as one of the many solutions, not THE solution. Yet, we only receive negative sounding comments from the dev team about how bad this one solution is.

If the dev team doesn't want this discussion, I'll get the hint (I don't speak for others). Just say it, then I know I have to obey the benevolent dictator.

There is 2 leaders . LTEX and RIJK .one will be a dictactor to the grp that does not agree. Like Ltex is ur your leader because of ur joint effort with aur. You also talk with Ltex more and his ideas will have more effect on you. It will be the same for the followers of Rijk.

There are no "leaders", nor "dictators".

There is only a blockchain, which can either be followed, or not  Wink
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:29:58 PM

That's just all assumptions (both from my and your side)... and a discussion I don't feel like having (I didn't want discuss AUR matters here as it is off-topic). My experience so far is that the AUR foundation is not slowing development. I speak from a personal point of view. If team members say they are busy IRL, I don't question that. Everyone should do what they think is right. If spending more time with family, work or study results in lesser productivity in our team, well so be it. I don't feel like having a contest about which team is the most busiest IRL.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044432.0

These are the names of the Auroracoin development team and Auroracoin foundation found on the AUR ANN.

Pétur Árnason (Skarfur) - Chairman of the Auraráð foundation (IS)

Hermann  Finnbjörnsson (apcoins) - Boardmember of the Auraráð foundation (IS)

Hlynur Þór Björnsson (dinobotta) - Boardmember of the Auraráð foundation (IS)

Craig Dellandrea (bimmerhead) - Community development (CA)

Martin Jansen (LTEX) - Marketing & PR (NL)

Jess Foddrill (ny2cafuse) - Developer (US)

Myckel Habets (biomike) - Developer (NL)

Lynn Miller (24kilo) - Developer (AU)

Tom Hendriks (thsminer) - Developer (NL)

I am not even taking the time to talk about the EFL foundation or the Bitcoin foundation in the Netherlands.
We all know it is a big mess and there is no development.
I am going to take it a little bit closer.

How is the development and progress of AUR?
Please tell me how being a foundation makes the coin so more better compared to NLG?
So take your time explaining about the edge the AUR foundation has got on NLG in regards to development.

I see the names LTEX, Biomike and thsminer listed on the team.
Well guys pretty funny story as LTEX is the one that is screaming loudest he wants NLG to be a foundation.
Biomike and thsminer as his underling follow him in his quest.
I would say there is a big conflict of interest here isn't there guys?
Also the names ny2cafuse and 24kilo sound very familiar to me within the Gulden history.
I am not going to talk about their role since ny2cafuse politely asked me to leave the Criptoe debacle out of this.  Tongue

LTEX being the head of Marketing & PR is doing an awesome job.
Just as awesome as his 1680club project and kwartjeterug for Gulden
Let's be honest 1680club, kwartjeterug and Marketing & PR for AUR are all an EPIC fail.
And now he is going to come with the magical GULDEX!  Cheesy
I do not understand how people are actually listening to this guy.

Biomike as a member of the AUR dev team has also has done an excellent job right?
What did you guys do in all that time, as far as I know just coming up with a new wallet?

Now let's take a look at the development and Marketing & PR of NLG so far.
May I remind you that NLG does not even have a guy for Marketing & PR Grin and is not a foundation!

https://timeline.gulden.com/    <--- Enough said, actions speak louder than words.

As far as you ask me the only reason these guys want a foundation, is that it gives them a better opportunity to take over NLG and get rid of the current devteam.
Yes I have said it, they tried it once with the Criptoe team to get rid of GJ and that failed and now they are trying it an other way.
Good luck guys,instead of causing drama with NLG invest the time in AUR and Guldex  Tongue
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:44:17 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 05:01:43 PM by LTEX

I don't know where people always get the impression that I want to take control or things of be the leader here? As far as I'm concerned I am nothing more than an active community member that sometimes stops and thinks for a while and raises serious and founded questions.

Also the ideas some here have that I'm in a fight with the dev team is totally unfunded. For the record I think we have to consider ourselves very lucky to have such an excellent team with MaNi, CED and Rijk. The absolute amazing work they deliver every time makes me proud to be part of this project. Technically I would chose them to be on my team any time!

The reason recent discussions got out of hand is due to the fact that I (and with me a lot of other members of this community) think there is more to this than just amazing and awesome technical development. We are all full of the fact that this coin is going to be great in the long term and that we are all investing in this long term prophecy.

To me, as a businessman and investor, I like to think beyond the awesomeness of todays amazing achievements. I foresee a great future for Gulden, but that also means I think about things like legal aspects of that growth and the implications certain developments like larger user base and the demand for official treaties that come once we reach that sudden growth.

This cals for insights that I sometimes miss in the actions that our Guldenteam takes. I never criticize them or in any way judge their characters. I do however, ask questions and suggest alternatives as talkpiece in constructive discussions. Last time that was made impossible once more by the fact the team refused to respond or engage in that discussion.

By the reactions of the developers like MaNi and CED I also sense they mistake my reserves towards the gulden team (the entire team, responsible for every aspect of actions taken) as an attack on the dev team (the team responsible for technical development of algo, wallets and apps). I also see some members here making that same misjudgment. I have absolutely nothing, repeat nothing against the way the dev team delivers right now. I do have questions for the decisions that are made on a more organizational scale.

That is why I try to involve the community here and on other forums in those discussions and hope that the Gulden team will do so as well.

Most of us are absolutely convinced that Gulden is going to become totally awesome and hell yeah, so do I! Lets use each others expertise to make it happen and not just sit back and wait for our, very capable, dev team do it for us!

My expertise is Marketing - Organization and Management and I'm here to serve!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
leipebarry

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:53:12 PM

1680Club
kwartjeterug
AUR

Did you use your expertise in Marketing - Organization and Management to make those projects an EPIC failure?  Grin
Remember this day LTEX, it is the day you lost all credibility.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:55:11 PM

1680Club
kwartjeterug
AUR

Did you use your expertise in Marketing - Organization and Management to make those projects an EPIC failure?  Grin

I don't lose credibility just because a troll that has produced nothing but unfounded accusations say so. Now where is that ignore button again?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:07:42 PM

LTEX is a big assett of this community, in my opinion you lack a long-term vision, no need to belittle those projects, they will be important in time.
+1 Only thing is Rijk has a vision without managers involvement. I think that is the obstacle between them. Hope they meet each other somewhere in the middle.
leipebarry

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

1680Club
kwartjeterug
AUR

I don't lose credibility just because a troll that has produced nothing but unfounded accusations say so. Now where is that ignore button again?

So you are telling me 1680club, kwartjeterug and AUR have been a succes of epic proportions?
Really  Huh Who is the real troll?

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:14:01 PM

....kwartjeterug ....a succes of epic proportions?
Not even promoted yet. I think it will be in future, when Gulden projects will be promoted mainstream Wink If LTEX needs help or wants to discuss his projects, i hope he gets cooperatation in this.
leipebarry

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:18:41 PM

....kwartjeterug ....a succes of epic proportions?

Not even promoted yet. I think it will be in future, when Gulden projects will be promoted mainstream Wink

Let's not forget that kwartjeterug was going to take Gulden mainstream.
That's the way it was hyped.

Now you are saying me it is the other way around?
leipebarry

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:19:12 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044432.0

These are the names of the Auroracoin development team and Auroracoin foundation found on the AUR ANN.

Pétur Árnason (Skarfur) - Chairman of the Auraráð foundation (IS)

Hermann  Finnbjörnsson (apcoins) - Boardmember of the Auraráð foundation (IS)

Hlynur Þór Björnsson (dinobotta) - Boardmember of the Auraráð foundation (IS)

Craig Dellandrea (bimmerhead) - Community development (CA)

Martin Jansen (LTEX) - Marketing & PR (NL)

Jess Foddrill (ny2cafuse) - Developer (US)

Myckel Habets (biomike) - Developer (NL)

Lynn Miller (24kilo) - Developer (AU)

Tom Hendriks (thsminer) - Developer (NL)

I am not even taking the time to talk about the EFL foundation or the Bitcoin foundation in the Netherlands.
We all know it is a big mess and there is no development.
I am going to take it a little bit closer.

How is the development and progress of AUR?
Please tell me how being a foundation makes the coin so more better compared to NLG?
So take your time explaining about the edge the AUR foundation has got on NLG in regards to development.

I see the names LTEX, Biomike and thsminer listed on the team.
Well guys pretty funny story as LTEX is the one that is screaming loudest he wants NLG to be a foundation.
Biomike and thsminer as his underling follow him in his quest.
I would say there is a big conflict of interest here isn't there guys?
Also the names ny2cafuse and 24kilo sound very familiar to me within the Gulden history.
I am not going to talk about their role since ny2cafuse politely asked me to leave the Criptoe debacle out of this.  Tongue

LTEX being the head of Marketing & PR is doing an awesome job.
Just as awesome as his 1680club project and kwartjeterug for Gulden
Let's be honest 1680club, kwartjeterug and Marketing & PR for AUR are all an EPIC fail.
And now he is going to come with the magical GULDEX!  Cheesy
I do not understand how people are actually listening to this guy.

Biomike as a member of the AUR dev team has also has done an excellent job right?
What did you guys do in all that time, as far as I know just coming up with a new wallet?

Now let's take a look at the development and Marketing & PR of NLG so far.
May I remind you that NLG does not even have a guy for Marketing & PR Grin and is not a foundation!

https://timeline.gulden.com/    <--- Enough said, actions speak louder than words.

As far as you ask me the only reason these guys want a foundation, is that it gives them a better opportunity to take over NLG and get rid of the current devteam.
Yes I have said it, they tried it once with the Criptoe team to get rid of GJ and that failed and now they are trying it an other way.
Good luck guys,instead of causing drama with NLG invest the time in AUR and Guldex  Tongue

Any comment on this?
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:29:43 PM

Let's not forget that kwartjeterug was going to take Gulden mainstream.
That's the way it was hyped.

Now you are saying me it is the other way around?

When time is right it will, i'm sure. But such a project needs cooperation with all involved and good organisation also for good service to deliver.

I think it is best to be positive Wink

All want the best, just unite and no suspicion.
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: