Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:47:35 AM

Other alt coin prices have been dropping over 300% from a month ago. Blackcoin which is considered one of the better ones has gone from just under 30 000 to under 10 000. Same with many other alts atm. Litecoin down to USD 5.7 from 8 2 weeks ago. For the most part NLG has been very stable. When things turn around later this year it's going to be interesting times!
The fact our hash rate has gone up when NLG price has dropped slightly, shows how bad other coins are doing.

Since I have some bleutrade shares I've been looking into the other coins that are listed on that exchange. No wonder those coins are doing bad. They have NO added value over the fact that you can collect them. This week the following coins were added:
* CzechCrownCoin
* Darkfox
* eUtopium
* HoboNickels
* KeyCoin
* Monacoin
* OrbitCoin
* SonicScrewdriver

I checked the websites/ANN posts of most of them. They list the specs and their fancy name and that's it. No value, info on innovation or niche that it fills, or whatsoever. The funny thing is to read the trollbox, people saying how great an investment *coin is (hoping to pump and dump the coin). These people don't spend money on those coins (get them by trading or so) and people why buy coins, don't buy those. As a result the market "value" drops. I mostly put them on the market for NLG.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:45:40 PM

I would just like to mention that even though the iOS project is being worked on, the team is constantly working on other dev solutions to keep building NLG to greater heights. We don't care about current value and it won't deter us from achieving the goal of mainstream NLG adoption in the Netherlands.

This really is a long long long term project!

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
strataghyst

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:16:10 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 03:33:14 PM by strataghyst

Other alt coin prices have been dropping over 300% from a month ago. Blackcoin which is considered one of the better ones has gone from just under 30 000 to under 10 000. Same with many other alts atm. Litecoin down to USD 5.7 from 8 2 weeks ago. For the most part NLG has been very stable. When things turn around later this year it's going to be interesting times!
The fact our hash rate has gone up when NLG price has dropped slightly, shows how bad other coins are doing.

Since I have some bleutrade shares I've been looking into the other coins that are listed on that exchange. No wonder those coins are doing bad. They have NO added value over the fact that you can collect them. This week the following coins were added:
* CzechCrownCoin
* Darkfox
* eUtopium
* HoboNickels
* KeyCoin
* Monacoin
* OrbitCoin
* SonicScrewdriver

I checked the websites/ANN posts of most of them. They list the specs and their fancy name and that's it. No value, info on innovation or niche that it fills, or whatsoever. The funny thing is to read the trollbox, people saying how great an investment *coin is (hoping to pump and dump the coin). These people don't spend money on those coins (get them by trading or so) and people why buy coins, don't buy those. As a result the market "value" drops. I mostly put them on the market for NLG.

Correct me if I'm wrong but with 470.000 coins mined a day and a steady price between 80 and 100 Sat the value of NLG goes up. In my opinion at least   Grin.
strataghyst

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:30:42 PM

Maybe it's a good idea for someone to write a tutorial on how to trade on exchanges. I'm not a good writer but I'm willing to donate some NLG.

The reason why I think this maybe is a good thing to do is I sometimes see very large buys paying asking price I think this is done by newcomers while if they put up a bid price they save themself lots of BTC and its good for a steady price of NLG cause there always miners selling off some coins.
Wildwest

Activity: 1783
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:31:13 PM

* CzechCrownCoin
* Darkfox
* eUtopium
* HoboNickels
* KeyCoin
* Monacoin
* OrbitCoin
* SonicScrewdriver

Correct me if I'm wrong but with 4.7 million coins mined a day and a steady price between 80 and 100 Sat the value of NLG goes up. In my opinion at least   Grin.

I believe it's 470 000 coins a day. At current prices and if all coins were dumped out it would need about .4 btc to maintain. Very cheap Wink

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Wildwest

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:35:38 PM

Maybe it's a good idea for someone to write a tutorial on how to trade on exchanges. I'm not a good writer but I'm willing to donate some NLG.

The reason why I think this maybe is a good thing to do is I sometimes see very large buys paying asking price I think this is done by newcomers while if they put up a bid price they save themself lots of BTC and its good for a steady price of NLG cause there always miners selling off some coins.

Here we go.
https://guldencoin.com/articles/how-to-buy-guldencoins-from-bittrex

Wow the support page HAS SO MUCH info now, howcome we not being told about these updates?
https://guldencoin.com/support

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
strataghyst

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:36:04 PM

* CzechCrownCoin
* Darkfox
* eUtopium
* HoboNickels
* KeyCoin
* Monacoin
* OrbitCoin
* SonicScrewdriver

Correct me if I'm wrong but with 4.7 million coins mined a day and a steady price between 80 and 100 Sat the value of NLG goes up. In my opinion at least   Grin.

I believe it's 470 000 coins a day. At current prices and if all coins were dumped out it would need about .4 btc to maintain. Very cheap Wink

Thanks for the correction. All those zero's  Grin
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:38:56 PM

Here we go.

Wow the support page HAS SO MUCH info now, howcome we not being told about these updates?

FML that is a lot of info. So much work being put in here.
strataghyst

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:39:19 PM

Here we go.

Missed that one to haha.

markanth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:17:50 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 07:58:10 PM by markanth

* CzechCrownCoin
* Darkfox
* eUtopium
* HoboNickels
* KeyCoin
* Monacoin
* OrbitCoin
* SonicScrewdriver

i'm still learning a lot about cryptocurrencies but here are my thoughts on NLG mining and current price.  Let me know if I'm way off on any of this..

NLG coins per day:

Block reward: 1000 NLG coins per block
Target blocktime: 2.5 minutes
# of NLG coins mined per hour (60/2.5 * 1000) ==  24,000
# of NLG coins mined per day (24,000 * 24) == 576,000

NLG profitability:

Currently litecoin profitability is ~0.00042000 BTC per MH/s per day
Current NLG profitability is ~0.00046000 BTC per MH/s per day (assuming 1 NLG == 83 satoshi, 1,000 MH/s network hash rate)  

So most scrypt miners who immediately convert to BTC to pay their bills are better off pointing their rigs at Guldencoin than Litecoin at the moment.. especially when the NLG/BTC exchange rate is above 90 satoshi and network hashrate stays around 1,000 MH/s as it has been the last few weeks.   However, if lots of miners start mining NLG and the NLG network difficulty goes up, those miners who need to convert to BTC right away will have to sell their NLG for a higher BTC price in order to beat litecoin profitability..  otherwise they'll switch to something else more profitable.  So based on current network difficulty, hash rate, and LTC profitability, miners who are only interested in converting NLG to BTC would be happy with anything above 80 satoshi per NLG.   The next few months will be interesting for NLG and all scrypt coins with the introduction of the relatively cheap 500MH/s and 750MH/s mining devices.

Of course, people who believe in the future growth of the Guldencoin economy look at the price of 80 satoshi and think it's a bargain. I personally am a believer, amazed at what has been accomplished so far.. the fact that there are some merchants that don't accept BTC but accept NLG blows my mind.  

On the topic of total NLG coin, I think it was a very smart move designing the coin such that there will be 1.7 billion NLG in circulation.  I know people that are turned off by bitcoin simply because of the price.. thinking they can't afford to get into bitcoin because a single bitcoin will cost them 600 USD.  In 15 or so years, when most NLG are in circulation, if Guldencoin has a market cap of $80 million USD, a single NLG would be worth around 5 US cents.  I could see myself arriving at schiphol airport and buying a cup of coffee for 100 Guldencoin.  Very easy to understand from a consumer point of view.  Versus that transaction with bitcoin would be something arbitrary like 0.00003951.

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:08:41 AM

looks like alt coins are taking a beating right now!

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:26:17 AM

Mainly due to bitcoin prices also going down. When bitcoin prices go up the good alts go up by a lot more. This is now a time for NLG team and community to build this coin up so when the bitcoin recession is over we need to be in a good place. I pray we will see some more updates from the team this week.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:00:43 AM

i'm this weekend not on internet i'm on Lowlands!
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:04:20 AM

Expect massive pumps all over starting in October. Personal prediction...
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:29:08 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 11:48:19 AM by veertje

Gold/silver buy: I think Guldencoin should be on this as well! I think the team can do this, they work also with litepaid, so connections are there. Can the team send a message to them?

http://www.bitgild.com/catalog/product/view/id/68/s/1oz-gold-bullion-perth-mint-gold-bar-with-certificate-31-1g/
https://twitter.com/litebiteu/status/496647798717431808
https://twitter.com/Bitgildcom

TamiLee

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:50:55 AM

I have some news. Have asked a big bitcoin investor to look at nLG. If he likes what he sees will put a few btc towards the coin.
thimo

Activity: 490

thimo the dev

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:51:44 AM

I have some news. Have asked a big bitcoin investor to look at nLG. If he likes what he sees will put a few btc towards the coin.
Lame pump attempt...

i can rent this1
TamiLee

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:04:39 PM

Lame pump attempt...

Not at all, I told him just place a order down and let the ASIC miners dump out at the price he sets. No pump involved. Whether he will invest is another story.
Wildwest

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:42:23 PM

Lame pump attempt...

Not at all, I told him just place a order down and let the ASIC miners dump out at the price he sets. No pump involved. Whether he will invest is another story.

Worst case scenerio is he will at least have merchants to purchase items with NLG even if value drops another 50%, with other coins when value drops 50% you got nothing to use them on.lol
Best case scenerio is he will be able to buy stuff with NLG a lot cheaper then he would currently in the future.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bitsms

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:15:01 PM

There's no harm in asking people to look into Guldencoin and to let them make their own choices regarding to invest anything they want. It's always up to them. Good work TamiLee!
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: