Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:53:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389680 times)
trumpc2016

Activity: 695
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 09:54:54 AM

Bought over 200k storj today! Amazing time.

Wow nice one.  What price were you able to get?  I bought some at .70 cents, hope it's a good buy.
  я тoжe кyпил 2000к storj

2 milliona??? Cheesy

Dots Clothing Store - find the latest fashion.
Cheerleaders bows - cheer bows for events. Beauty Supply Store - find everything for head and body, the best beauty products.Nail Supply Store - shop nail designs and related products.
Debshops - plus size women clothing.
Necessary Clothing - women clothing for every need.
Lily Bloom - fashionable bags and other accessories.Samuels Jewelers - offers engagement rings, bridal rings, fashion jewelry.
Body Central - another plus size clothing for women globally.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trumpc2016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 02:56:52 PM

Looks like we will approach new ATH soon! Last chance to enter!

Cheerleaders bows - cheer bows for events. Beauty Supply Store - find everything for head and body, the best beauty products.Nail Supply Store - shop nail designs and related products.
Lily Bloom - fashionable bags and other accessories.Samuels Jewelers - offers engagement rings, bridal rings, fashion jewelry.
cryptur

Activity: 82
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

Hi

I have a lot of bandwidth at my house, a 200mbit fiber optic connection

I can only spare 1000gb of storage but I could upload quite some data

Will your software try to utilize my bandwidth instead?

Thanks
mentalny

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

Is there any calculator that shows how much we can earn by sharing disc space? I just installed Storj Share and Id like to know that.

devster

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:29:04 AM

It's amazing to think that only a few months ago it seemed that the general consensus about storj was of a failed product, with a fractured team and about to be overtaken by sexy new ICO's like Sia.

I bought Storj in the original ICO nearly four years ago and was really puzzled by this attitude. It's one of the few coins with an actual working product! Which is improving day by day.

Keep on rolling!
trumpc2016

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:47:53 AM

It's amazing to think that only a few months ago it seemed that the general consensus about storj was of a failed product, with a fractured team and about to be overtaken by sexy new ICO's like Sia.

I bought Storj in the original ICO nearly four years ago and was really puzzled by this attitude. It's one of the few coins with an actual working product! Which is improving day by day.

Keep on rolling!

O yeah, look how price goes up step by step.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:57:46 PM

Keep on rolling!

I have to say, awhile back I started looking into the "storage" coins and bought a little of each to play with and learn about. Storj really seems to be pulling ahead and Ive almost decided to double down and buy more. I just need to get somethings in line first. This really is the best usable product in the space!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:06:42 AM

Keep on rolling!

I have to say, awhile back I started looking into the "storage" coins and bought a little of each to play with and learn about. Storj really seems to be pulling ahead and Ive almost decided to double down and buy more. I just need to get somethings in line first. This really is the best usable product in the space!

Me in, too.
Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:13:31 AM

Hi

I have a lot of bandwidth at my house, a 200mbit fiber optic connection

I can only spare 1000gb of storage but I could upload quite some data

Will your software try to utilize my bandwidth instead?

Thanks
Hi!, in the future storj will benchmark nodes so for example certain files that will be downloaded many times and require high speed farmers will be given only to farmers that meet these requirements, so in that case, yes, you will mostly make a profit from uploads. Though this is on the roadmap, so it will take some time before we get there, right now you are selected equally compared to other nodes on the network which will result in lower payouts than you will get later.
Dilshod94

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Okurutboy

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:27:01 PM

https://i.imgur.com/fQCHBnL.png

Key Features
Storj is a software project seeking to develop a next-generation cloud storage solution that improves upon existing cloud storage providers in four key areas of the service provided.  

Less expensive for the same industry standard redundancy, uptime, and reliability;
Preferably client-side encryption and hashing automatically enforced prior to upload so all data on the Storj network is encrypted and anonymized;
Open source code released under the MIT license;
Decentralized, autonomous, and implements multiple blockchains thereby making it resistant to interruptions of service and security risks.

A key project development goal is for Storj to include a blockchain-based dual purpose token scheme that serves as:

1. An incentive payment mechanism within the Storj network between consumers and    providers of storage space and bandwidth
2. An information storage mechanism to record the hash and location of files stored in the Storj network.

Storj won first place in the Texas Bitcoin Conference 2014 hackathon contest, by unanimous decision.  The prize is a guaranteed $250,000 donation from the backers at BitAngels for their initial round of “kickstarter-style” crowdfunding soon to be announced.  Storj team members Shawn Wilkinson and James Lowry made the final scheduled presentation of the contest, which included a working proof of concept software demo.  The founding devs are now getting the alpha software ready for general testing release while putting the finishing touches on the whitepaper and crowdfunding model.

Storj is a proposed decentralized storage system that seeks to disrupt the cloud storage industry by dramatically lowering costs to cloud storage users.  It would do this by paying incentives to storage providers in the form of a "blockchain-based dual purpose token" that would also store information about file integrity and storage locations.  The Storj network would autonomously issue, collect, and distribute these tokens so that users could pay for storage and be paid for providing storage.  All data would be encrypted, preferably client-side, before being uploaded to the network. We believe that Storj should simply be a mechanism for users to store their data, and the end user should have control over their data and privacy.

Web Nodes
At the Texas Bitcoin Conference 2014 we debuted a proof of concept web node for Storj. We have since been refining that software. You may upload your files to these web nodes and after about 10 minutes your files become accessible network wide. This requires no central server. Any web node connects to the prototype blockchain and may upload and download files at very little cost. This software will be made available to early backers and supporters.

New Cryptocurrency
Most cryptocurrencies use their blockchain as a ledger for coin balances. We would also like to use the blockchain to store information about file integrity and storage locations using structured metadata. To this end we will be releasing details about a new cryptocurrency that allows us to accomplish this and get our network running immediately with the help of our web nodes. We will be including this new cryptocurrency as part of our crowdfunding model.

Whitepapers
Many of you are hungry for the technical details. We have received great technical and conceptual feedback from Maidsafe and BitAngels. We are in the process of rewriting out initial whitepaper and finalizing crowdfunding details and timeline.

Special Thanks
BitAngels, esp. David Johnston and Jeremy Kandah - For your continuing input and support.
Jeff Garzik (jgarzik) - For technical and concept help.
Gregory Maxwell (gmaxwell) - For the initial seed concept and discussion thread.
Maidsafe, esp. David Irvine and Nick Lambert - Hackathon input, mentoring and continuing conceptual synergy.
Mastercoin Foundation - hackathon support, input and mentoring.
wow great job
Meije

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

Remember, its its the last day you will be able to convert the SJCX tokens to the STORJ tokens!
tool_462

Activity: 924
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:58:18 PM

Keep on rolling!

I regret now that I have not increased the volume of this coin, but while the price has not yet flown to the moon, it makes sense to purchase

sumthinknew

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:44:11 PM

I had my Storjx or whatever on Poloniex and now they are worthless? You couldn't have had Poloniex help facilitate this swap? Is there any way to still convert or am I stuck with worthless coins now because I am 4 days late for the party. You could have waited at least a month or two until after Poloniex discontinued.
bTee

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:15:08 PM

I had my Storjx or whatever on Poloniex and now they are worthless? You couldn't have had Poloniex help facilitate this swap? Is there any way to still convert or am I stuck with worthless coins now because I am 4 days late for the party. You could have waited at least a month or two until after Poloniex discontinued.
num, you are months too late  Grin
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 05:07:23 AM

I'm in the same boat... out a significant amount of money now..
so much for a safe long term hold???

burning your long term holders like this is a great way to destroy a project...
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:54:52 AM

I'm in the same boat... out a significant amount of money now..
so much for a safe long term hold???

burning your long term holders like this is a great way to destroy a project...
congratulation to you guys, the price pumped so much now, and you guys maybe get unstucked and gain huge profits if you continue holding
asuusa

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:05:54 AM

I have always been wanting to get into Storj as decentralized storage still amazes me, and it's a practical idea. I may have to bite on this project offer since this could really take off.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:39:17 PM

Storj has made several new partnerships in the last few weeks, it is one of the few projects with a working product, they have a huge community of supporters as well as farmers sharing their free hard drive space. They should be good enough reasons for people to see the value in Storj.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:29:21 PM

From Storj Telegram, this may be one of the last opportunities to convert SJCX to STORJ.

SJCX to STORJ Conversion Update

Several months ago, we informed the Storj community that we would end SJCX to STORJ conversions on November 29 - a deadline that was extended several times to meet the needs of token holders. We’ve received a few requests from individuals who were unable to convert their tokens for various reasons in spite of the ample time allotment. Our team is working with these token holders to convert their SJCX tokens to the new ERC20 STORJ tokens.  

If you have SJCX tokens to convert, please reach out to the Storj Labs team at support@storj.io for further instruction.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: