Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I would purchase mining time with...
BTC - 231 (57.5%)
MTGOXUSD Codes - 32 (8%)
Credit Card - 112 (27.9%)
Other e-currency (ie. Dwolla, Paxum) - 27 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 400

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUMAX | The Bitcoin Mining Marketplace  (Read 215503 times)
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:25:56 PM

Attention GPUMAX Users

Over the past month we've been dealing with massive load changes due to users allowing others to mine on their accounts. This is not only unfair for those sitting on the waitlist but also makes it very hard for us to control the growth during the beta.  While our ultimate goal is to allow anyone to use our service, we just don't have the time to deal with uncontrollable growth and develop the platform at the same time.

Effective tomorrow (Friday 06/29/2012 12:00am CST), accounts with the following activity will be suspended.

• Any account with miners connected on 2 or more IP addresses from different subnets.

No other limitations will be made at this time. If we continue to see issues, additional actions will be taken.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-pirate

I suppose mining through TOR is not accepted?

Since cgminer constantly spawns new connections, I presume tor might route them through different IP addressess every time. Or does that only happen when the user requests it? I've only used tor on Windows, where you can press the "New Identity" button on the GUI. Either way, it's prone to being seen as multiple IP addressess. If you really want to mine using tor, you could use a service like Air VPN. You can connect to Air VPN using tor, and pay them in bitcoins.

https://airvpn.org/

Thanks for the answer. It sucks because I never shared my account, but it probably going to be blocked since the deadline is in 30 minutes and I'm not in a position right now to change the config for my 21 rigs.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 05:15:11 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 06:21:13 PM by ThiagoCMC

Attention GPUMAX Users

Over the past month we've been dealing with massive load changes due to users allowing others to mine on their accounts. This is not only unfair for those sitting on the waitlist but also makes it very hard for us to control the growth during the beta.  While our ultimate goal is to allow anyone to use our service, we just don't have the time to deal with uncontrollable growth and develop the platform at the same time.

Effective tomorrow (Friday 06/29/2012 12:00am CST), accounts with the following activity will be suspended.

• Any account with miners connected on 2 or more IP addresses from different subnets.

No other limitations will be made at this time. If we continue to see issues, additional actions will be taken.

-pirate

Please pirate, gives us one more day! I just saw this and I my rigs are in home and at office... I'll change this ASAP! But can't do this today...    Undecided

Tomorrow yes!!

Also, I never shared my GPUMax account.

Thanks!
Thiago
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:22:12 PM

pirate40

I have paused purchase, which called "Purchase 3" (19.536 BTC) in my account control panel.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/658/purchases.png

I'm asking you to return my coins back, as you suggested earlier. Thank you for your attention.  Roll Eyes

P.S. Few weeks ago I wrote you a private messages with this request, but received no response to them.  Sad
Arnold2222

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:35:36 PM

my purchase is pending whole 3 days after confirmation Sad
usualy it was like 3h after confirme even sometimes just after send
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:59:16 PM

Hey Pirate, I greatly appreciate the service GPUMAX provides. It's been awesome in the short time I've had it working. At this moment, my miners don't seem to be connected to GPUMAX at all.

I assume one of two things:
  • I got suspended because my miners connect from three separate internet connections (but the same service provider)
  • You're tweaking stuff at the moment

If banning people, might I suggest banning people who far exceed their estimated hashing power when they signed up. Perhaps set the threshhold to 1.5x or something. Lots of people are doing creative things to keep their operations going, especially those of us who are beyond 20 GH/s. Often this means spreading out gear across different locations and service providers.

If anyone can confirm whether GPUMAX is currently up and running or not, that'd be appreciated. As of now, I get the feeling I've been suspended. Sad
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 07:01:20 PM

I am up and running from a single IP (Home).

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:12:35 PM

Hey Pirate, I greatly appreciate the service GPUMAX provides. It's been awesome in the short time I've had it working. At this moment, my miners don't seem to be connected to GPUMAX at all.

• I got suspended because my miners connect from three separate internet connections (but the same service provider)

If banning people, might I suggest banning people who far exceed their estimated hashing power when they signed up. Perhaps set the threshhold to 1.5x or something. Lots of people are doing creative things to keep their operations going, especially those of us who are beyond 20 GH/s. Often this means spreading out gear across different locations and service providers.

If anyone can confirm whether GPUMAX is currently up and running or not, that'd be appreciated. As of now, I get the feeling I've been suspended. Sad

Mine seem fine atm.  I don't think comparing the registered rate and actual rate is feasible.  I applied for gpumax in January at 1.5GH, by the time I had been accepted I had grown to ~4.2GH and now at 7.  If I can come up with a feasible protection method for pirate, I'll be sure to voice it.  It's a shame that abusers have cost me since I too have two locations I mine from (on different subnets).   

TwinTurbo

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:20:35 PM

Mine seem fine atm.  I don't think comparing the registered rate and actual rate is feasible.  I applied for gpumax in January at 1.5GH, by the time I had been accepted I had grown to ~4.2GH and now at 7.  If I can come up with a feasible protection method for pirate, I'll be sure to voice it.  It's a shame that abusers have cost me since I too have two locations I mine from (on different subnets).   

Perhaps I've been banned because my operation is large and may be mistaken for running a pass-through. I've got 35 GH/s from 3 separate locations and IPs, same internet service provider (only about 25 GH/s running through GPUMAX).

Pirate, if you are reading this, how can I get my account re-activated? PM you my account address?
cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:09:58 AM

I'm pretty sure its just not working correctly.. I have always used the same IP address and my miners don't connect. Changing the pool has no effect. Lots of gateway issues with the website also. I have not noticed any work lately anyway.
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:10:32 AM

Attention GPUMAX Users

Over the past month we've been dealing with massive load changes due to users allowing others to mine on their accounts. This is not only unfair for those sitting on the waitlist but also makes it very hard for us to control the growth during the beta.  While our ultimate goal is to allow anyone to use our service, we just don't have the time to deal with uncontrollable growth and develop the platform at the same time.

-pirate

Got a call the other day from my bank... They were freaked out by someone logging into my account from USA.

Well, that someone was me using a VPN, something that quite common in China.

I think GeoIP is the wrong tool at the hands of some people, there're fracturing the internet with it.

They suspend bank accounts, I once had a Paypal account termited by logging in from the wrong country, blocking people by country or internet provider...

Now they're suspending GPUMax accounts with it.

Does anyone think this is good?
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 03:41:02 AM

Attention GPUMAX Users

-pirate

Got a call the other day from my bank... They were freaked out by someone logging into my account from USA.

I think GeoIP is the wrong tool at the hands of some people, there're fracturing the internet with it.

They suspend bank accounts, I once had a Paypal account termited by logging in from the wrong country, blocking people by country or internet provider...

If you only knew what you were talking about. Sad

dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:48:07 AM

I don't have a gpumax account, but the whole GeoIP thing is unrelated to what's happening here.  He's just trying to restrict people from connecting from multiple locations.  It doesn't matter where the location is, as long as it's a single location.

I agree, the GeoIP stuff sucks, though (just not relevant to this).
TwinTurbo

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:34:07 AM

Pirate, do you distinguish between subdomain/IPs people use to log in and monitor/manage their account vs the subdomain/IPs people are actually mining from?

My situation is this:
I monitor from work, corporate internet access
I monitor from home, cable internet access
I mine from 3 separate cellular modems (same provider, different IPs)

It was great and exciting for the two whole days I got to experience it, but now my account passes no work (public or private) through GPUMAX. Any chance of re-enabling my account and precautions I can take to avoid future suspension would be greatly appreciated. For the record, I saw the suspension warning after I got (presumably) suspended. Sad
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 09:51:38 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2012, 10:10:56 AM by cuz0882

Hmm, I'm cpu and light gpu mining from about 25,000 IPs, although a number of them are natted behind AOL, Prodigy, etc.  Does this mean I should set up workers for each?  Is there a limit to the number of workers total?
The rule is one ip per account. Other then running a botnet, why would you have that setup? I'm conflicted because someone running a botnet would know that having one ip per worker would defeat the purpose..

Is anyone still connecting to gpumax?
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:53:14 AM

pirate@40,

My miners cannot connect to GPUMAX for 3 days now.

Can this be fixed?
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Oh oh, did gpumax die.

Works for me.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:56:34 PM

Hmm, I'm cpu and light gpu mining from about 25,000 IPs, although a number of them are natted behind AOL, Prodigy, etc.  Does this mean I should set up workers for each?  Is there a limit to the number of workers total?
The rule is one ip per account. Other then running a botnet, why would you have that setup? I'm conflicted because someone running a botnet would know that having one ip per worker would defeat the purpose..

It's just a number of independent computers that have been kind enough to install software, one of the features of which is running distributed computing jobs while cpu usage is detected to be idle and without an interactive window session.

What's a botnet?  How would having one IP per worker (except in the case of NAT at the ISP or LAN/WAN boundary) defeat a purpose?  Is a "botnet" a more efficient way to do what I'm doing?  Is there either open source or reasonably priced software to manage the deployment of the original software and subsequent tasks (think hadoop but without hdfs, etc.)?  I'd love to be able to do this with bitcoin to support the economy.

LoL, 25000 computers and you want all of us here to believe its just some kind people who installed your zombie controller? Sorry this isnt the Internet For Dummies forum.

You registered here April 2011 and you really want us to believe you dont know what a botnet is, playing stupid wont make it less obvious.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:59:06 PM

It's just a number of independent computers that have been kind enough to install software, one of the features of which is running distributed computing jobs while cpu usage is detected to be idle and without an interactive window session.

What's a botnet?  How would having one IP per worker (except in the case of NAT at the ISP or LAN/WAN boundary) defeat a purpose?  Is a "botnet" a more efficient way to do what I'm doing?  Is there either open source or reasonably priced software to manage the deployment of the original software and subsequent tasks (think hadoop but without hdfs, etc.)?  I'd love to be able to do this with bitcoin to support the economy.
dontknowiftrollingorserious.gif
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 05:03:18 PM

What's a botnet?  How would having one IP per worker (except in the case of NAT at the ISP or LAN/WAN boundary) defeat a purpose?  Is a "botnet" a more efficient way to do what I'm doing?  Is there either open source or reasonably priced software to manage the deployment of the original software and subsequent tasks (think hadoop but without hdfs, etc.)?  I'd love to be able to do this with bitcoin to support the economy.

LoL, 25000 computers and you want all of us here to believe its just some kind people who installed your zombie controller? Sorry this isnt the Internet For Dummies forum.

That's not difficult at all to do without a botnet.
I could do that if I wished to push an update to my browser toolbars. I wouldn't have 25k of them, but almost half.
Ofcourse I would have to probably use one of those javascript miners, so it could run inside a browser. Or maybe pay a programmer to do it some other way. I really have no idea, as the only time I thought about it I reached the conclusion that it would probably make people uninstall the toolbar and hurt my ad revenue and also traffic to my sites and didn't even researched the way of doing it properly.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 05:06:21 PM

We can both agree that the likelihood of him having 25000 willing computers install this application is little to absolutely fuckall so that equates to same thing as a botnet having unwilling/unknowing users.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: