Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:17:45 PM

No matter how its sliced the legal route isn't working anyway right now. Note the class action....where is that going? Its taking long just to make it into class status. There might be more going on behind the scenes now that we don't know about, but as it stands we simply don't know. For the moment all we want are assurances and some kind of written guarantee that we are getting something on a committed date.

For those with a hard on for seeing them in jail, you are kidding yourselves. You MIGHT recover very little if anything at all. Our legal system does not quite work like it does on TV. Sure some restitution will be made but it wont be quick it will take years. Even with Bernie Madoffs scheme that's still being resolved and alot of people haven't seen or likely never will see their money again (just ask actor Kevin Bacon one of his victims). Our best bet honestly is to get the hardware mining and keep the heat on for getting the working hashes/hardware we paid for and moving on. Simplest results lie there. AMT might be able to turn it around to make a profit later on, but until they reestablish credibility with solid communications practices and making good on their commitments (by doing what they say they will do consistently) it will be a tough road  ahead for them and us.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

I would be happy if AMT buys a 1.6 TH/s cointerra and ships it to us.

Right now a TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin Miner cost $3,499 and is IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE.

Yeah, it is like a $2,500 loss but its better than nothing!

Man,  even those KNC folks are screwed.  They paid $12,000 for a 3TH/s system.   Two Cointerra systems would cost only $7,000 and you'll have 3.2 TH/s of hashing!

You are a glutton for punishment man. cointerra is also having shipping problems and alot of the same as AMT. Maybe not as bad but also not reliable if you read the reviews of the hardware. Why would you want to deal with more of the same crap knowing what you know now?

The bitmain option would be better overall as its much cheaper and would net us the min required. Hell 2x S2s 2599x2=5198 We get 2 THs AMT pockets 1k per miner and we get more hashing power out of the deal. We get a complete hardware package out of it. IF they were going that route. But I doubt it. I think we just send back the boards they get torn apart and the chips get tested/reused on rebuilt hardware, tested and sent back out to us.

FYI I ordered an S2 batch 4 so I will post up my experiences with it. Based on what other people have been saying besides the initial shipping issues it works as advertised. And the documentation is decent if poorly written.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:23:39 PM

No matter how its sliced the legal route isn't working anyway right now. Note the class action....where is that going? Its taking long just to make it into class status. There might be more going on behind the scenes now that we don't know about, but as it stands we simply don't know. For the moment all we want are assurances and some kind of written guarantee that we are getting something on a committed date.

For those with a hard on for seeing them in jail, you are kidding yourselves. You MIGHT recover very little if anything at all. Our legal system does not quite work like it does on TV. Sure some restitution will be made but it wont be quick it will take years. Even with Bernie Madoffs scheme that's still being resolved and alot of people haven't seen or likely never will see their money again (just ask actor Kevin Bacon one of his victims). Our best bet honestly is to get the hardware mining and keep the heat on for getting the working hashes/hardware we paid for and moving on. Simplest results lie there. AMT might be able to turn it around to make a profit later on, but until they reestablish credibility with solid communications practices and making good on their commitments (by doing what they say they will do consistently) it will be a tough road  ahead for them and us.

Well you are correct in that it will be quite difficult to be able to be compensated by AMT.  That is why I am not about to ship them back equipment with the promise of a replacement.  So far the evidence shows that you can't return your equipment.  

I however would not mind being compensated less than the $6,000 that I did pay.   However, even in that scenario (i.e. shipping just 50 chips),  AMT still hesitates.     What does that tell you?  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:25:38 PM

Right now a TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin Miner cost $3,499 and is IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE.

Man,  even those KNC folks are screwed.  They paid $12,000 for a 3TH/s system.   Two Cointerra systems would cost only $7,000 and you'll have 3.2 TH/s of hashing!

You are a glutton for punishment man. cointerra is also having shipping problems and alot of the same as AMT. Maybe not as bad but also not reliable if you read the reviews of the hardware. Why would you want to deal with more of the same crap knowing what you know now?

The bitmain option would be better overall as its much cheaper and would net us the min required. Hell 2x S2s 2599x2=5198 We get 2 THs AMT pockets 1k per miner and we get more hashing power out of the deal. We get a complete hardware package out of it. IF they were going that route. But I doubt it. I think we just send back the boards they get torn apart and the chips get tested/reused on rebuilt hardware, tested and sent back out to us.

Man,  how are you comparing a company that has shipped 5,000 units to customers to a company that has shipped zero? 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:35:26 PM

Hence my last post, getting two Antminer S2's at 2599 each would be 2Ths for us. And they pocket 500 bucks actually (I am correcting myself as its 5599). we paid alot of money for this hardware. They still have to deal with the logistics of getting the money back from the SMD house who fucked up their production. But that's not to put it coldly our problem. Ours is to get what we paid for. BUT if AMT wants to make this right with a minimal loss, going the S2 route for us would be the best. And I imagine buynig them in bulk results in some kind of discounts which mean they can pocket that discounted amount while still giving us the THs we paid for adn then some. We all win under this scenario. I presume 2199 based on the 4 dollar discounts they give for existing customers. Buying in bulk likely they would provide some discount there.

@AMT Hitting up bitmaintech for info might not be a bad idea to get this done. We all win here and you start to win credibility with delivery. You maintain yourself as a reseller. The rebuild of hardware might be more costly presuming not to mention time consuming. This would at least act as a stopgap until you can restructure or redevelop the hardware and come back stronger later on. But for now this might at least legally satisfy everyone here.

opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:36:17 PM

I've got this 58 lb brick of government cheese in a box coming back to me from AMT. (actually at least you can eat Govt. cheese).  Please advise.

Brian, someone will get there and pick it up, just calm down. That's like the other side of philly, its pretty much an hour drive but we're gonna get it, its not going anywhere and we're gonna take care of it but you gotta calm down about this.

Josh lives on one side of Philly and AMT is on the other side. There's not too many sides left. Besides, isn't the FedEx facility that's trying to deliver mrpark's miner located in the vicinity of AMT's office, or is it more cost efficient for them to be an hour away, making several attempts to deliver to AMT and everybody else in the neighborhood.

"Honey, I'm going to be late again for dinner. I delivered all the packages on one side of town, but I have to go to Haverford to deliver, again, to AMT, about an hour away."

"Why didn't FedEx use their facility near Haverford to deliver AMT's package?"

"Honey, obviously you don't know how FedEx works."

The address actually would be near the assembly plant if I had to guess as that is where it left from. Least its my guess.

opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:38:25 PM

Man,  how are you comparing a company that has shipped 5,000 units to customers to a company that has shipped zero?  

I could make a webpage that says I shipped a million miners....doesn't make it true. AMT posted on their site and blog that they have shipped a bunch of hardware too. That said they are dealing with a shit ton of similar problems and gross underperformance on their hardware that they now have to compensate users (which is part of the lawsuit against them)....so yea the comparison is pretty easy. How its being handled on the other hand.....thats something else.

Again not sure why you would argue the obvious logic of ordering 2x S2s over cointerra boxes? The numbers don't lie. You getting 1.6Ths....where you could get 2Ths for close to what you paid for and take a much smaller loss and get a better product in the process. Seems to me like it just makes sense.

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

I've got this 58 lb brick of government cheese in a box coming back to me from AMT. (actually at least you can eat Govt. cheese).  Please advise.

Brian, someone will get there and pick it up, just calm down. That's like the other side of philly, its pretty much an hour drive but we're gonna get it, its not going anywhere and we're gonna take care of it but you gotta calm down about this.

Josh lives on one side of Philly and AMT is on the other side. There's not too many sides left. Besides, isn't the FedEx facility that's trying to deliver mrpark's miner located in the vicinity of AMT's office, or is it more cost efficient for them to be an hour away, making several attempts to deliver to AMT and everybody else in the neighborhood.

"Honey, I'm going to be late again for dinner. I delivered all the packages on one side of town, but I have to go to Haverford to deliver, again, to AMT, about an hour away."

The problem with driving an hour across Philly is that it is impossible unless you are going in circles. The city of Philadelphia is only 15 miles wide.  At 60 miles an hour, it should take you no more than 15 minutes to get from one side of Philly to the other.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:40:27 PM

Hence my last post, getting two Antminer S2's at 2599 each would be 2Ths for us. And they pocket 500 bucks actually (I am correcting myself as its 5599). we paid alot of money for this hardware. They still have to deal with the logistics of getting the money back from the SMD house who fucked up their production. But that's not to put it coldly our problem. Ours is to get what we paid for. BUT if AMT wants to make this right with a minimal loss, going the S2 route for us would be the best. And I imagine buynig them in bulk results in some kind of discounts which mean they can pocket that discounted amount while still giving us the THs we paid for adn then some. We all win under this scenario. I presume 2199 based on the 4 dollar discounts they give for existing customers. Buying in bulk likely they would provide some discount there.

@AMT Hitting up bitmaintech for info might not be a bad idea to get this done. We all win here and you start to win credibility with delivery. You maintain yourself as a reseller. The rebuild of hardware might be more costly presuming not to mention time consuming. This would at least act as a stopgap until you can restructure or redevelop the hardware and come back stronger later on. But for now this might at least legally satisfy everyone here.

Buying Antminer rigs to compensate customers implies that they have the cash to buy them.

I don't think they have the cash,  all they have are a bunch of coincraft A1 chips and technobit boards.

I suggest you all take them up on the offer to get the coincraft A1 chips because it looks like they won't even have the money to assemble the technobit boards!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:43:00 PM

Man,  how are you comparing a company that has shipped 5,000 units to customers to a company that has shipped zero?  

I could make a webpage that says I shipped a million miners....doesn't make it true. AMT posted on their site and blog that they have shipped a bunch of hardware too. That said they are dealing with a shit ton of similar problems and gross underperformance on their hardware that they now have to compensate users (which is part of the lawsuit against them)....so yea the comparison is pretty easy. How its being handled on the other hand.....thats something else.

Again not sure why you would argue the obvious logic of ordering 2x S2s over cointerra boxes? The numbers don't lie. You getting 1.6Ths....where you could get 2Ths for close to what you paid for and take a much smaller loss and get a better product in the process. Seems to me like it just makes sense.

Dude,  you don't have a clue if you think Cointerra and AMT are in a similar situation.   I used to be a Cointerra customer,   when I asked for a refund, it took one week for them to send me back a check.     

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:46:25 PM

Buying Antminer rigs to compensate customers implies that they have the cash to buy them.

I don't think they have the cash,  all they have are a bunch of coincraft A1 chips and technobit boards.

I suggest you all take them up on the offer to get the coincraft A1 chips because it looks like they won't even have the money to assemble the technobit boards!

How do they not have cash? They collected over a million and a half dollars from customers.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

The address actually would be near the assembly plant if I had to guess as that is where it left from. Least its my guess.

Riddle me this.  Why would he not have the returns shipped to the assembly plant? Why would he have returns shipped to the other side of town?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:51:05 PM

Riddle me this.  Why would he not have the returns shipped to the assembly plant? Why would he have returns shipped to the other side of town?

It's ironic they are only 15-20 minutes away from that FedEx, but remember they said I only live 30 minutes from the office when I really live 2 hours away! Why is their measurement of time so long for themselves, but when it comes to my route they shorten the time four times over?

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:52:41 PM

How do they not have cash? They collected over a million and a half dollars from customers.

Well I don't know where the cash went.

But they seem to have enough cash to commission a new Technobit board to be created.

Though they seem to have no cash to pay anyone to provide support.

I am making the assumption that the've already burned through 1/2 of the funds that were used to purchase the parts for the machines.  I could be wrong, after all, not everyone has yet to receive a machine (even if it was broken).  

My reasoning why the may not have the cash.   They did not convert the BTC they received into cash!

So let's say they raised $1 million in BTC,  let's say they spent 1/4 of that on parts,  that means they have have 750K left.... now that gets halved because of how BTC is trading... that's down to $375K.   Now they got $1 million of orders left that need to fulfill,  but they can buy like 1THs at 1/2 the price.  So to do that, they'll need $500K... but they only have $375K. So they can't do it!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:54:26 PM

Well I don't know where the cash went.

But they seem to have enough cash to commission a new Technobit board to be created.

Though they seem to have no cash to pay anyone to provide support.

I am making the assumption that the've already burned through 1/2 of the funds that were used to purchase the parts for the machines.  I could be wrong, after all, not everyone has yet to receive a machine (even if it was broken).  

Well Frictionless coin, ask yourself what's in it for them if they give us back our cash? Nothing... If they use the cash to invest in a new board, they have a potential gain for themselves.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:00:26 PM

\Well Frictionless coin, ask yourself what's in it for them if they give us back our cash? Nothing... If they use the cash to invest in a new board, they have a potential gain for themselves.

What's in it for them???   They avoid be indicted for 'wire fraud'.  They avoid having to be obligated to the MPP.  

What's in it for them to copy a board from an existing manufacturer?  Given that this kind of hardware depreciates by 30% every month?  Anyone with half a brain would call it quits and refund everyone.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:00:55 PM

An assumption considering they collected quite a bit from all the orders. Sure some got spent on operating costs, but they should have money on hand. But the chips will involve more expense for us to get those assembled into a miner. We already paid out for the hardware. We have defective hardware for those that received it, at this point the burden is on them to give us working miners from someone not chips. That is a retarded compromise that absolves them of any responsibility and its costly for us on top of that. They win we lose huge. We would be paying 50 percent of the original miner cost just to get those turned into boards.....That is a huge loss. Did you take math at the midvale school for the gifted?

Notice how quick they were to grant your request to get you those chips. They know that is an advantage for them and a loss for you. You aren't just taking a "haircut" you are getting cut off at the knees. You essentially are paying close to 9k for 1.2ths if you count what you paid PLUS what you tack on for assembling the chips into a miner.

Personally getting the existing hardware replaced for working reliable and tested hardware (a community vetted vendor like technobit) OR if they bought up and provided us with replacements like S2s would be an acceptable settlement for everything. Depending on what option they are taking at this point. Honestly if they want to get us hardware quick and get this over with the S2 option would be the fastest. If they are assembling based on parts, then the technobit option (since they seem to be the only ones I know of doing this for the community) will take some more time that really is hurting us and them at the same time.

Point is all we want is the THs we paid for or better. We cant settle for broken hardware or compromises any more. It is not acceptable to anyone really. Would you pay for a hot dog and then haggle with the guy when he gives you half a hot dog or just the bun or just the hot dog with no bun? this is no different just on a different scale. We paid X for Y and should receive Y not Z or W. Plain and simple. I am not interested in the logistical hassle of getting chips assembled most people on here I dont think are either (chime in if you feel different). Those chips wont hash in my hands. I am not interested in investing another dime into getting this working. No one should. We paid for a WORKING 1.2Ths per miner period. That is what we should be getting. If AMT is facilitating that now somehow or are soliciting suggestions on how to get that, then I think that is a more than fair situation. But they need to tell us more about the situation before we honestly can sign off. They did solicit our opinions on it.

But getting chips might be good for you....you can blow the extra money on it. Not for me. I already spent more time and money on this than I wanted to. I think ALL of us feel the same way. We just want working hardware. I am willing to offer up solutions to AMT to make that happen (one of which is the S2 option) but its on them to do the proper execution on it.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

Snippet from SirMines everyones elses business, "THEY ARENT EVEN REGISTERED AS A U.S BUSINESS! They've been using Advanced Mining Technology's name, which is an actual mining company (other business) founded in the 80's. "

They are registered in Delaware: File Number:    5341525    Incorporation Date / Formation Date:    05/29/2013

There are several companies using the name Advanced Mining Technologies shown on a quick search, one in Australia, one in India and one in Canada as well as the one in PA. So what? As long as the 1st entity to claim the name doesn't bitch is all perfectly legal.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mrpark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:08:16 PM

AMT_miners, enough with the games and the hypotheticals and telling us to KEEP CALM! If your are going to do some thing TELL US WHAT IT IS AND JUST DO IT ALREADY!

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:16:56 PM

An assumption considering they collected quite a bit from all the orders. Sure some got spent on operating costs, but they should have money on hand. But the chips will involve more expense for us to get those assembled into a miner. We already paid out for the hardware. We have defective hardware for those that received it, at this point the burden is on them to give us working miners from someone not chips. That is a retarded compromise that absolves them of any responsibility and its costly for us on top of that. They win we lose huge. We would be paying 50 percent of the original miner cost just to get those turned into boards.....That is a huge loss. Did you take math at the midvale school for the gifted?

Notice how quick they were to grant your request to get you those chips. They know that is an advantage for them and a loss for you. You aren't just taking a "haircut" you are getting cut off at the knees. You essentially are paying close to 9k for 1.2ths if you count what you paid PLUS what you tack on for assembling the chips into a miner.

Personally getting the existing hardware replaced for working reliable and tested hardware (a community vetted vendor like technobit) OR if they bought up and provided us with replacements like S2s would be an acceptable settlement for everything. Depending on what option they are taking at this point. Honestly if they want to get us hardware quick and get this over with the S2 option would be the fastest. If they are assembling based on parts, then the technobit option (since they seem to be the only ones I know of doing this for the community) will take some more time that really is hurting us and them at the same time.

Point is all we want is the THs we paid for or better. We cant settle for broken hardware or compromises any more. It is not acceptable to anyone really. Would you pay for a hot dog and then haggle with the guy when he gives you half a hot dog or just the bun or just the hot dog with no bun? this is no different just on a different scale. We paid X for Y and should receive Y not Z or W. Plain and simple. I am not interested in the logistical hassle of getting chips assembled most people on here I dont think are either (chime in if you feel different). Those chips wont hash in my hands. I am not interested in investing another dime into getting this working. No one should. We paid for a WORKING 1.2Ths per miner period. That is what we should be getting. If AMT is facilitating that now somehow or are soliciting suggestions on how to get that, then I think that is a more than fair situation. But they need to tell us more about the situation before we honestly can sign off. They did solicit our opinions on it.

But getting chips might be good for you....you can blow the extra money on it. Not for me. I already spent more time and money on this than I wanted to. I think ALL of us feel the same way. We just want working hardware. I am willing to offer up solutions to AMT to make that happen (one of which is the S2 option) but its on them to do the proper execution on it.

Yes, I am completely aware that just getting the chips is a completely bum deal.   But if you did notice,  even with such a disadvantaged deal... AMT could not agree on actully doing it.  Why is that?

I know we all want to be compensated completely,  but I think it is *NOT* realistic anymore.

So my instincts tell me that I should try to grab whatever is left from the company.  That most likely are those A1 chips that are lying in their plant unassembled.  

There is already a very long line of customers waiting for AMT to deliver anything.   The folks at the end of that line (those folks who keep chiming in wondering what happened to the shipment) are all going to get nothing!  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: