Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 04:11:55 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 532264 times)
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:32:30 AM

Could MaidSafe be the solution for getting uncensored Google back to China?

I think there's a 1,000,000,000 people demand for China only...

Unofficial Waves topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2142722   |   My Waves address alias = magnet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
zeeman

Activity: 547

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:53:54 AM

Could MaidSafe be the solution for getting uncensored Google back to China?

I think there's a 1,000,000,000 people demand for China only...

I think The SAFE Network will be something of it's own. It's not really a proxy into the regular internet. Although you might use it to browse both the normal and SAFE websites in your common browser. But for real security you should use a dedicated browser and only use safe:website.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1008

🌟ATLANT ICO ENDING SOON🌟

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:22:54 PM

Waiting on MAID moon like...

April needs to arrive already!!!  Wink Cheesy

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 1554

keybase.io/mishax1

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:24:05 PM

April needs to arrive already!!!  Wink Cheesy

What's happening in April ? (besides my bday)
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1302

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 10:36:52 PM

April needs to arrive already!!!  Wink Cheesy

I think its gonna be another few weeks or month from the sounds of what's up with these vaults.  but David said that they already got developers making apps and stuff, just not released to the public.

WINGS - get paid to forecast ICO valuations http://experimental.wings.ai - over $5 million in new token and Ether pay outs already
zeeman

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:20:28 AM

Here's the latest Dev-Update:

MaidSafe Dev Update 29th March 2016

Follow the development through GitHub/Maidsafe.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 1834

[LOL2X]

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

Here's the latest Dev-Update:

MaidSafe Dev Update 29th March 2016

we still have a few issues in Vaults and one remaining in Crust that the dev team are focused on; these need to be resolved before the MVP is ready for delivery. So no MVP this week

Another failure to deliver, again with copious excuses and plenty of cheerleading spin (which I didn't quote for the sake of brevity/sanity).

no transcript this week as this was something Justine used to pull together and Justine has now moved on from MaidSafe to new opportunities.

Rats fleeing a sinking ship.  The resemblance to GAW's Paycoin scam is uncanny.  The forum even has the same look/feel/tone as Paycointalk.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 11:23:29 PM

It is really ridiculous what you are doing, but in the end even funny to watch. A forum clown has been born.

But serious, show me a timeline where stands that they would deliver MVP this week? And what the hell has the design of a forum got to do with all this?

Boring....

Need BadAss Bulletproof VPS or Bulletproof VPN or why not just mail safe with Safe-Mail. We care about your privacy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

[LOL2X]

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 01:41:09 AM

It is really ridiculous what you are doing, but in the end even funny to watch. A forum clown has been born.

But serious, show me a timeline where stands that they would deliver MVP this week? And what the hell has the design of a forum got to do with all this?

Boring....

It's not only the "design" of MAID forum that reminds me of Paycointalk, it's the tone.  Long on hype, short on realistic critical self-evaluation.  That was clear in my post, so you ignored the part you didn't want to see.

But it's an unfair comparison because Paycoin at least had a working blockchain, while MAID sells itself with happy talk about a new private internet yet uses Bitcoin's conspicuously transparent blockchain.

If Maid was a serious effort, I'd expect Safecoin to piggyback on a private coin instead of one being analyzed/tracked/monitored by numerous private firms and .gov TLAs.

Please elaborate on how that expectation is unreasonable and makes me a clown.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
zeeman

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:58:44 AM

Boring....

It's not only the "design" of MAID forum that reminds me of Paycointalk, it's the tone.  Long on hype, short on realistic critical self-evaluation.  That was clear in my post, so you ignored the part you didn't want to see.

But it's an unfair comparison because Paycoin at least had a working blockchain, while MAID sells itself with happy talk about a new private internet yet uses uᴉoɔʇᴉq's conspicuously transparent blockchain.

If Maid was a serious effort, I'd expect Safecoin to piggyback on a private coin instead of one being analyzed/tracked/monitored by numerous private firms and .gov TLAs.

Please elaborate on how that expectation is unreasonable and makes me a clown.   Tongue

I think it was great idea to crowdfund using OMNI and the blockchain. They raised something like 8 million in 48H. Now they have around 9 devs working fully on their project. They went from 500K lines of code in C++ to under 25K in Rust. Next they released a POC for you to run at home. A few weeks ago they released a POC with a centralized testnet on 50 small servers. the next step will be Vaults we all run at home. Once this network is launched it can't be stopped anymore. So I understand they wanna check and double check before they release the installers. After that they will focus on messaging and Safecoin.

Yes, it's taking a lot of time. Yes, people on the forum are very excited and I'm one of them. But when this technology runs on a global network we'll see something very very special.     
kushalgaudel

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:33:23 AM

maid look interesting. great project with hard worker devs. i will be part of it very soon. cheers
ljm81new_again

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:01:09 PM

Over priced nothingness, maid has one use and one use only and that's for a 1 to 1 swap with safecoin which will have billions and 30% of that will be out on release.

Its ever gonna hold a price anywhere near one maid token so anyone that buys in now is gonna lose heavily, which is why it pumped from 6000sats out of nowhere cuz some greedy muppet dint know maid was a token lololol.

Best of luck with your project but the price of maid is all out off wack!!

Corvet

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

i already bought 13035 :/ i should sell them and get out , shit
Shunak

Activity: 169

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:29:30 PM

Is there a functional version?
poornamelessme

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:08:36 PM

Its ever gonna hold a price anywhere near one maid token so anyone that buys in now is gonna lose heavily, which is why it pumped from 6000sats out of nowhere cuz some greedy muppet dint know maid was a token lololol.

I am curious what will happen to the price after release, especially after the full release, not MVP. Logically one would think it'd go down after token conversion, then it depends on marketing and usage. Assuming it gets used at all.

As for the current price... all coin prices seem out of whack to me, including btc. It actually pumped from a lower starting point, was sub 4K before the recent pump.  Of course the price is being manipulated (like all coins) --wasn't out of nowhere, by the way, it was due to MVP talk.

But the question isn't what will be the price after the token conversion, but what will happen to the price when MVP is finally announced for release.

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:25:30 PM

I am curious what will happen to the price after release, especially after the full release, not MVP. Logically one would think it'd go down after token conversion, then it depends on marketing and usage. Assuming it gets used at all.

As for the current price... all coin prices seem out of whack to me, including btc. It actually pumped from a lower starting point, was sub 4K before the recent pump.  Of course the price is being manipulated (like all coins) --wasn't out of nowhere, by the way, it was due to MVP talk.

But the question isn't what will be the price after the token conversion, but what will happen to the price when MVP is finally announced for release.
it didnt pump from 6k sat "out of nowhere" it went up because the pre-mvp came out. thats what theyre testing for the past 2 months. once its good enough there will be the mvp release (soon?) and after that gets ironed out then we can have a mainnet.
its not like theres going to be another 70% of coins rleeased at launch. people will have to provide resources to get coins on the main net. aka be online, serve get requests, and provide storage. when they get a request and are online to serve it theyll be awarded coins. your not going to be rich on launch with a 10 tb server. besides marketcap is what 30 something million now, which is 5x ipo price after years of work and a year since the ipo. look at what eth price did in less time, is eth overvalued. (yes but not by 1000x)
the point of this is an entire decentralized internet. do you think an internets worth les than 30 million marketcap because i think its worth just a tiny bit more personally.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

[LOL2X]

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 09:54:27 PM

Is there a functional version?

Uh-oh!  You just had to GO THERE.   Cheesy

*hand-waving intensifies*

If you want a functional version, use this instead: https://github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroBundle/releases/download/0.1.1/ZeroBundle-v0.1.1.zip

Bonus: zeronet is free and decentralized (no need to buy silly, insecure, traceable tokens or support IPO scam)!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 10:51:06 PM

Stop spamming your crap in here. Check your trust level, you are only busy with spamming and trolling. Like i said, it is getting bored

Need BadAss Bulletproof VPS or Bulletproof VPN or why not just mail safe with Safe-Mail. We care about your privacy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

[LOL2X]

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 02:55:05 AM

Stop spamming your crap in here. Check your trust level, you are only busy with spamming and trolling. Like i said, it is getting bored

See what I mean?  We can't talk about Maid's lack of a working version (10 years and millions in IPO $$$ later) or the hand-waving intensifies.

It's on-topic to discuss alternatives to Maid.  You're just whining because those alternatives (Freenet, SIA, STORJ, i2p, IPFS, zeronet, etc.) are free, actually work, and aren't centralized IPO trash.

I love the irony of being accused of "spamming" by some noob with a commercial advert not only in his sig, but personal text as well.  I'll be sure to not use that VPN, and recommend nobody else does either.   Cheesy

Why don't you answer Shunak's pertinent question?  If you are getting bored, try finding a new hobby.  Maybe start knitting or volunteering at the nursing home or homeless shelter.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 10:55:09 AM

I'm getting bored of you with your constantly fudding others and their projects. You weren't discussing MAID, you were spamming zeronet in a MAID topic. Totally different, offtopic and really annoying.

Just check your trust score....flooding with red fud topics. So stop being a smart ass and stick with your Monero topics. It would be greatly appreciated.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.