Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:18:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:55:19 PM

so i take it the ipo is already over?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:00:25 PM

I think its pretty clear at this point there are stolen bitcoins being laundered here.
How many are being laundered is speculative.

I also think its safe to say that if we have large amounts of funds coming from mtgox accounts which no one has been able to withdraw from in months, these are stolen bitcoins. In my opinion these investments should be disqualified unless the "investors" are willing to come forward and make a statement regarding the legitimacy of these bitcoins. If they were purchased (somehow) then they should have no trouble backing that up.

If we have 100% sure that stolen Mtgox coins are used in this IPO, the MaidSafe admin can suspend the safecoin emission for these address until they proof the true or the identity.

Not if they've already given out the Safecoins!!

They will be long traded (laundered) before then.

This is why it is important to freeze transactions now until things are sorted out.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:02:49 PM

no i think btc can still be invested, but i would wait until we hear what is happeing with the GOX coins.... i guess if they are suspended, then there will be lots more time to invest BTC

jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:07:10 PM

The IPO is processing.

7341 BTC now the final amount?
rdongxie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:07:49 PM

i think POS + Pow is best~~
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

hello,
How can i send my maidsafe to the masterxchange?
i just have a mastercoin web wallet.
liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:12:38 PM

I think maidsafe could sent the "stolen coin" to mtgox.
Then give market more ipo. Kiss

As Dan Larimer (founder of Bitshares) answered to suggestion's like that:

"Sending them back to the thief?   That makes no sense.   They should either be sent to the bankruptcy court, destroyed as dividends to bitcoin holders, or used for development of maidsafe... the only thing that must not happen is the issuance of Safecoin to the thief."

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4090.135

Yes , this is good idea.

No it's not, it's by far the stupidest idea yet.

What if one of those intermediary addresses between the "stolen mtgox coins" address and the MaidSafe address is an exchange? The thief dumps some coins on an exchange, and some innocent third party withdraws coins later on and "invests" in ScamSafeMaidSafe. Now MaidSafe hold the coins hostage (not that anyone investing has a signed GPG contract with some indication as to what remedies are available or what arbitration could be accepted) and the poor innocent person is screwed out of their money.

Which is why you should NOT play Bitcoin Police, not even if you believe you have "direct evidence" of someone directly spending coins they have stolen.

It is my fault I didn't post all his thought progress ...
He was only Objecting to the case not sending the funds back to a proven thief because in that case it would be obvious that the thief would launder the funds in some other way.

Some of his post ...
"How certain are we that this is GOX BTC?
If we knew with 100% certainty.... I think it would be very hard to divide it up among gox creditors... I would probably scrub it from the genesis block and reallocate the AGS to some noble purpose"

"I am against policing the chain in general, but the suggestion of sending the funds back to a proven thief is the only thing I was Objecting to.  
If the case is ambiguous then you might as well keep the funds as the thief will launder it some other way.
"

Source:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4090.135

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
BitcoinBaBa

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:13:46 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yxxgf/the_posted_address_with_a_transfers_totaling/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/23uw07/mtgox_stolen_bitcoins_moving_into_maidsafes_ipo/

It seems those are not stolen btc . The address  belongs to be bitstamp  and not mt gox.

The ipo just got finished. Congrats!

superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:14:03 PM

I'm a little confused.

To participate I send my BTC from my wallet to the BTC address provided, then what do I need to do?

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
troiste

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:21:16 PM

In one moment it was saying that 400 BTC were still missing in the other its over?

So its over now, not possible to buy from the exodus anymore?
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:25:31 PM

You can now deposit and trade MSAFE coins on MasterXChange: https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid

As I understand it, they are not doing withdrawals yet (out of caution until they are happy with their security model).

Regarding tainted coins, I do NOT speak for Maidsafe, but speaking for myself, I support complete bitcoin fungibility, and the Master Protocol was written with that as an underlying axiom. Our distributed exchange allows you to sell Mastercoins for bitcoins without using an exchange website at all, but it gives you no ability to discriminate between bitcoins. The lack of a trusted third party means that third party cannot lose your coins to theft or idiocy, and they also cannot seize your coins if they do not like their history. Anybody selling Mastercoins on the distributed exchange today is also accepting the axiom that one bitcoin is as good as another, regardless of where it came from.

If I were running a crowdsale, I wouldn't care if 100% of the bitcoins I received were "tainted" because the protocol assumes one bitcoin is as good as another. If you ran a convenience store and somebody told you the cash in your till had been tainted by some criminal act in the past, what would you do? Nothing of course. You'd be hard pressed to find a dollar in circulation that wasn't tainted in some way. Dollars are fungible. Bitcoins are fungible. Stolen bitcoins are GONE, and the only way you'll get them back is through the kindness of a stranger who feels sorry for you.

So all this nonsense about where the MSAFE coins came from is a bunch of noise. One bitcoin is as good as another!

Again, Maidsafe may completely disagree with this position. I speak only for myself (and for the principles of the Mastercoin Protocol I designed).

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:25:57 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 05:40:05 PM by eleuthria

From what I saw with the MSC investment and the MTGOX BTC, something is happening behind the screen, I am pretty sure. Look how many people are talking about it before IPO. Where are the money come from with lacking of marketing.

Can anyone tell me how to get the investment back? Tell them I send it from exchange, and ask for refund?

I've traced back what appears to be BTC Guild's admin too. There're big guys involved in this scam.

Evidence:

This guy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=9119

Invested around 900 Bitcoins into MaidSafe

https://blockchain.info/address/1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E?offset=1650&filter=0
https://blockchain.info/es/address/1JoXxM6p1Qv14G1kswWW8Dc93GtD7hXFcX
https://blockchain.info/es/address/14cZMQk89mRYQkDEj8Rn25AnGoBi5H6uer

And this is why you should always fact check what "bitcoin investigators" report.  You are trying to link that wallet to me using blockchain.info's tag of my username.  LOOK AT THE FUCKING ADDRESS HISTORY.  That is the BTC Guild's pool wallet.  ~25% of all coins mined in the last year (and it goes back even further) can be traced back to that wallet.

I have tried repeatedly to get blockchain.info to fix this fucking tag and they continually just ignore my requests.

I had no fucking clue what MaidSafe was until I got 3 PMs on the forum and a link to a fucking Coinbasedesk article trying to link me to them from this bullshit post.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
maidsafe (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:26:03 PM

In one moment it was saying that 400 BTC were still missing in the other its over?

Thank you for participating in this crowd sale.
The BTC part of the sale is now complete.
Please note that any BTC sent from this point on will now be refunded.

http://www.safecoin.io/
cheers!
maidsafe
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:27:55 PM

cheers!
maidsafe

Blockchain still shows room for about 300 BTC?

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:38:23 PM

You can now deposit and trade MSAFE coins on MasterXChange: https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid

As I understand it, they are not doing withdrawals yet (out of caution until they are happy with their security model).

Regarding tainted coins, I do NOT speak for Maidsafe, but speaking for myself, I support complete bitcoin fungibility, and the Master Protocol was written with that as an underlying axiom. Our distributed exchange allows you to sell Mastercoins for bitcoins without using an exchange website at all, but it gives you no ability to discriminate between bitcoins. The lack of a trusted third party means that third party cannot lose your coins to theft or idiocy, and they also cannot seize your coins if they do not like their history. Anybody selling Mastercoins on the distributed exchange today is also accepting the axiom that one bitcoin is as good as another, regardless of where it came from.

If I were running a crowdsale, I wouldn't care if 100% of the bitcoins I received were "tainted" because the protocol assumes one bitcoin is as good as another. If you ran a convenience store and somebody told you the cash in your till had been tainted by some criminal act in the past, what would you do? Nothing of course. You'd be hard pressed to find a dollar in circulation that wasn't tainted in some way. Dollars are fungible. Bitcoins are fungible. Stolen bitcoins are GONE, and the only way you'll get them back is through the kindness of a stranger who feels sorry for you.

So all this nonsense about where the MSAFE coins came from is a bunch of noise. One bitcoin is as good as another!

Again, Maidsafe may completely disagree with this position. I speak only for myself (and for the principles of the Mastercoin Protocol I designed).

But if you know for sure that the money came DIRECT from the criminal? Whats then? Suppose somebody sells Drugs to your daughter and the same Guy the next Day gives you the money to buy something from your store, and somehow before you deliver him the goods you are informed about the story? Will you still deliver it to him ? Ok when you take the same money after a travel to 100 of peoples thats something else and you can nothing do about it, and we agree...

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
troiste

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:39:57 PM

cheers!
maidsafe

Blockchain still shows room for about 300 BTC?

Exactly... what are these guys talking about?
troiste

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:40:22 PM

cheers!
maidsafe

There are still some 300 BTC left? Or what?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:41:48 PM

cheers!
maidsafe

Looks like offer is over.

PM me with offers to buy Maidsafe coins.   Minimum bid 8500 MSAFE per BTC.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:42:30 PM

cheers!
maidsafe

or why?a game?
troiste

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

What a fucking scam the blockchain still shows room for 300 BTC...

They say in the website:

"stands at 7341BTC."

BlockChain:

7075 BTC

And its over?

WELL FUCK YOU THEN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: