Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

Here's an idea - someone should set up a website that will where people can purchase gifts for children in need around the world - like Save The Children -

http://www.savethechildren.org/site/c.8rKLIXMGIpI4E/b.6115947/k.8D6E/Official_Site.htm

e.g. 1,000,000 Karma buys a soccer ball for a child in Africa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Here's an idea - someone should set up a website that will where people can purchase gifts for children in need around the world - like Save The Children -

http://www.savethechildren.org/site/c.8rKLIXMGIpI4E/b.6115947/k.8D6E/Official_Site.htm

That's an interesting idea... there are already other charities running, though, and I think the setup needs to be done in such a way that it doesn't pull away from all the other projects. We need to do it step by step instead of creating everything at once. With that said, I do support this idea.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:47:01 PM

H-U-G-E.

Forget about this POS talk and CONTINUE on with incredible ideas like this one. Someone with Website experience, please get with CatKiwi on this.

Put me down for a few million Karma to buy the first soccer ball when this one goes live. If CatKiwi doesn't want this one, I think the KarmaShares devs should run with it (ONLY if CatKiwi turns it over to the devs and the devs and Karma Community wants to accept it).

This one is a slam dunk boys and girls. I am sure there are a few highbrow fiat type websites like this idea to model after.

The IDEAS are definitely starting to roll in. Good Karma to all you guys/gals.

karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:12:02 PM

That's an interesting idea... there are already other charities running, though, and I think the setup needs to be done in such a way that it doesn't pull away from all the other projects. We need to do it step by step instead of creating everything at once. With that said, I do support this idea.

This is good! Althought ranlo is right. However, what we are currently doing is to collect these kind of ideas, keep track of them and those who raised them to have a base for future projects originating from the community. We collect this on the karmashares reddit site http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmashares/comments/24h6ka/forming_charity_group/ . I will add this one there too!

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
karmala

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:36:54 PM

I just found AltOutlet, a market site selling products for alt coins... accepting 20 different coins, selling thousands of products.  Part of all orders transactions are distributed to the charity of choice, selected on checkout. They do not take KARM (yet). Seems like they should... has anyone discussed this before? I vote to request being added to Altoutlet, and will take on that simple task if the community has no objection.

https://altoutlet.com/alt/charity

"Ɖ498,391 raised for charities across all currencies to date, at current exchange rates.  A part of all orders is donated on your behalf as part of a group donation to your charity of choice.  We aim to distribute funds weekly, depending on order statuses and the current donation total for each charity. "

The currencies listed are currencies that have previously shown interest in being added to Altoutlet, If you would like to see another currencies here, please drop us a message: https://altoutlet.com/alt/contact."

Nice selection of items and nice concept! Thanks for sharing this.

Should we message them? What does everyone think?

Seems like we might need an "Karma Accepted Here" graphic soon.

The answer as to whether or not they should be contact is "why not?" More services = more ways to use the coins = more potential value. It only takes a minute to do, and can help out the coin immensely!

Can we coordinate on that matter? Maybe like a petition to show them that there is a community behind it?

Karmakaguy I think the best way is to SIGN the request with our username here with "-from the karma community" phrase under our usernames. When they read that from many people they will get the feeling of the community effort. IMHO

I just finished sending this message to them:
Hi,
We as a community from Karma coin, "the digital currency for doing good" would like to request the inclusion of our coin to your list of coins that are available for voting for being accepted in your website.

Thank you for your kind consideration of this matter.

easteagle13
from Karma community

does that mean that you allready sent the request to them?

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:38:44 PM

I don`t think that rewarding good things, and people that do good, and developing good economy are the same as developing charity programs. Karma is not a charity coin, nor is charity society. We`ve commented this more than once. Did something changed?
karmala

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

I don`t think that rewarding good things, and people that do good, and developing good economy are the same as developing charity programs. Karma is not a charity coin, nor is charity society. We`ve commented this more than once. Did something changed?

Maybe I was not part of this discussion. However, is it not a little picky to distinguish between rewarding good things and charity. I mean doing good is good or not? I aggree that this should not the sole focus but what harm does a little charity  alongside  with rewarding those who do good?  Besides, that is also the idea behind first keeping track of those projects such we can launch them in well estimated waves alongside with the other activities. I am totally with you when you say that building the economy has priority.

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:08:03 PM

Wow. So let me get this straight. We've somehow worked it all out exactly how, when, why, where, etc Karma will be used and there are some pseudo-guidelines that dictate those.....and that we have all agreed upon? I missed that vote. And yes, I've read Kosmost's own thoughts and every single other post since day one. I personally will be involved/spend/invest (KarmaShares)/donate my Karma coins any way that I think/feel can make a difference and possibly bring attention to the coin itself.

ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:01:54 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 10:27:58 PM by ptman

I keep hearing about POS, and while I think it may be a good idea there are still other things that can be done that would immediately raise the value of Karma in the exchanges.

One of such things is the most basic one: mining!

I see a lot of people involved in this thread and in the Reddit sub-forums, and I ask myself how many of those are mining something else instead of Karma.
If you really believe in Karma (I do!) then you should be sure that the value will go up a lot in future, and therefore mining will turn out to be VERY profitable.

Also, in short term, the more people are mining the coin, the more difficult it gets for each miner to get the coins (that is who the difficulty algorithm works in Karma).
Therefore miners will not dump the coins for cheap in the exchanges, making the value of Karma raise a lot.

Having a higher net hash rate (right now it is really low) also makes a coin more visible to potential miners.

Join me in:
pool.terahashers.com

No need to register, just do (with cgminer or minerd):
stratum+tcp://pool.terahashers.com:5003 -u <yourwalletaddress> -p <anypassword>

My pool has a lot of nice features like VARDIFF (makes the most of your mining hardware), and uses a dedicated server maintained by me (you can send me a PM if you have any problems).
Like I already told, the website is still under construction (works fine under Chrome but not very well with Firefox), but the pool is tested an working perfect (payment processing included!).

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:29:15 AM

The three posts following yours were in support of this idea, so I would say this already has momentum Smiley

run with it!

Who knows where this momentum might lead us.

It was the idea of charity after all that lead of to the idea of "rewarding" people with Karma, and also rewarding our own community with Karmashares.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:37:05 AM

I keep hearing about POS, and while I think it may be a good idea there are still other things that can be done that would immediately raise the value of Karma in the exchanges.

I see a lot of people involved in this thread and in the Reddit sub-forums, and I ask myself how many of those are mining something else instead of Karma.
If you really believe in Karma (I do!) then you should be sure that the value will go up a lot in future, and therefore mining will turn out to be VERY profitable.

Also, in short term, the more people are mining the coin, the more difficult it gets for each miner to get the coins (that is who the difficulty algorithm works in Karma).
Therefore miners will not dump the coins for cheap in the exchanges, making the value of Karma raise a lot.

Having a higher net hash rate (right now it is really low) also makes a coin more visible to potential miners.

Join me in:
pool.terahashers.com

My pool has a lot of nice features like VARDIFF (makes the most of your mining hardware), and uses a dedicated server maintained by me (you can send me a PM if you have any problems).
Like I already told, the website is still under construction (works fine under Chrome but not very well with Firefox), but the pool is tested an working perfect (payment processing included!).

An idea for mining may help, too.

I'm assuming you're able to see what hashing power someone brings to your site, and for how long they've been mining?

How about a "Hash for Shares" program whereby we give miners a piece of the pie for providing hashing power?

we could say that for every 7 days you mine you'll get X shares multiplied by your hashrate.

(I could fund this from the 1,084,289 shares that I own)

Any idea how this could work?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:37:22 AM

Join me in:
pool.terahashers.com

While I get where you're coming from, it's even better to BUY Karma using other coins. For example, mine the most profitable, convert to Karma. This does two things: creates buy pressure and helps provide liquidity. Mining and holding decreases liquidity and decreases buying pressure, lowering the price or keeping it equal.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:39:52 AM

Join me in:
pool.terahashers.com

While I get where you're coming from, it's even better to BUY Karma using other coins. For example, mine the most profitable, convert to Karma. This does two things: creates buy pressure and helps provide liquidity. Mining and holding decreases liquidity and decreases buying pressure, lowering the price or keeping it equal.

While this might be true, between harming another coin and mining and holding Karma, what could one say? Grin

warfwarf

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:24:29 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 12:38:38 PM by warfwarf

We'll buy a server farm in Sweden, near facebook one !  Grin

So, from what you`ve said, I understood that we should buy Sweden and start integrating this tiny website Facebook into Karmashare.me. Correct?

Here is KARMA for everyone....

https://i.imgur.com/bZLwF4h.gif
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:08:14 AM

Join me in:
pool.terahashers.com

While this might be true, between harming another coin and mining and holding Karma, what could one say? Grin

That there's far too many pump'n'dump coins out there and that we might as well use them to our advantage since they're going to die off anyways? :p

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:33:40 AM

That there's far too many pump'n'dump coins out there and that we might as well use them to our advantage since they're going to die off anyways? :p

Sounds like genocide not "doing good"  Grin

Regardless, it's good that we have a community with varied opinions, interests, and ideas. Some of us hold apples, some hold a pen, some are holding hands, some are digging in our noses, some are charitably holding up others, some are holding their members, and some wield the sword. It all makes for good evolutionary fitness.

2014 will certainly see a mass dying of coins through regulation and consolidation, among other causes.

One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:54:12 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 01:19:54 AM by One Six

I feel like I already have my retirement money ready ( Holding approx. 150K 1.5 Billion KarmaShares )  Cool

You are welcome.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

some are holding hands

Where is this hand-holding? I feel like I'm all alone here, Sad. I NEED A FRIEND!

I feel like I already have my retirement money ready ( Holding approx. 1.5 Billion KarmaShares )  Cool

You are welcome.

Hey, I'd be holding on to more coins as well if someone would hire me in Karma, :p. I'm in it for the long run, so it is beneficial to both parties (hiring me means I get coins, and also means it lowers the number being dumped)!

ryannguyen18

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:27:25 AM

I feel like I already have my retirement money ready ( Holding approx. 1.5 Billion KarmaShares )  Cool

You are welcome.

have alot, why not donation ? :-)

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
Evolvo

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:47:21 AM

He obviously doesn't have 1.5 Billion Karmashares.  Even if he got them all in the Quantum 10x period that would mean he donated 150 Billion Karma to Karma.  Since there's only 8 Billion or so more or less I'm going to guess he means he has 1.5 Billion Karma...not Karmashares.  Wink

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: