Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667223 times)
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:49:34 AM

Update?  Was it a big nothingburger?
lclc was there. He isn't back online, see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=144831

Most likely, he was/is partying in Frankfurt and now sleeping or traveling (home to Switzerland?).

He will report.

Here is a german news article about the whole event, or better the research workshop, as it was officially labeled:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Bitcoin-Konferenz-bei-der-Bundesbank-Tanz-um-die-Blockchain-2533889.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:13:28 PM

today is the day when van saberhagen is talking about his whitepaper isn't it? anyone there?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:37:46 PM

Update?  Was it a big nothingburger?

"He" Skyped in, but audio only.

Apparently the audio was terrible, they held the microphone to a laptop speaker.

Such technologiez.

Pics are via @bitcoinpotato on Twitter.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:41:05 PM

BCN/CN.org-gang DDOSed my tiny, private VPS. Which I use just for IRC. Hostname/PTR-record is "cryptonote.co".

Fun. If you PM me I can get it setup on our infrastructure, forwarding to monero.cc, but you'll be unable to use it as your host mask on IRC (Freenode needs the reverse DNS / PTR records to match the forward DNS).

arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:22:09 PM

Update?  Was it a big nothingburger?

"He" Skyped in, but audio only.

Apparently the audio was terrible, they held the microphone to a laptop speaker.

Such technologiez.

Pics are via @bitcoinpotato on Twitter.

Lucky me. Was beating myself for forgetting to attend this conference, as I happened to be in Frankfurt that day.  Cheesy
Does anyone have a recording?
odysseas10

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:11:42 PM

I was at this conference, and although there were several interesting talks (bitcoin related and P2P lending platforms), the cryptonote related talk wasn't particularly interesting and you could see the crowd kind of switched off.

edit: The conference was not filmed.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:31:51 PM

I was at this conference, and although there were several interesting talks (bitcoin related and P2P lending platforms), the cryptonote related talk wasn't particularly interesting and you could see the crowd kind of switched off.

edit: The conference was not filmed.

Well that was anticlimactic  Lips sealed
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:44:32 PM

Is there any differences between Monero and Darknote?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788916.0

Darknote has all things that Monero has. But monero does not have good price as Darknote.

DarkNote was previously DuckNote, and was basically instamined by the CN crew who realized that the BCN premine would never sell so they tried to make a new coin with a crazy distribution, then rebadge it and resell it. It's more or less the same as BCN.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:45:39 PM

In case you are wondering if opacity (=Monero) in blockchain-powered IoT matters:

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_uk/read/how-the-pentagons-skynet-would-automate-war
Kadtke and Wells want the US military to take advantage of the increasing interconnection of people and devices via the new ‘Internet of Things’ through the use of “embedded systems” in “automobiles, factories, infrastructure, appliances and homes, pets, and potentially, inside human beings.

This also, on a transhumanist ground, calls for more funding on preventing unfriendly AI (Ellon Musk: "something dangerous” happening in five years due to “close to exponential” growth of AI at the firm).
The main challenge to such robot institutionalization will come from a “political backlash” to robots being able to determine by themselves when to kill.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 06:17:01 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 01:47:42 AM by David Latapie

Someone on reddit asked help for improving the presence of Monero on Wikipedia. The Wikipedia pillar of neutrality of point of view strongly discourages biased people to edit the page for other things than correcting factual errors. But nothing prevents me to propose a draft on the talk page that could be made into a correct article later by someone else less involved in Monero

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:CryptoNote#Monero

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:20:20 PM

Also, did anyone noticed minergate.com (registed by "Sophia Wright") resambles the cryptonote website theme and they link Monero to a weird website called bitmonero.org, that is only also listed on cryptonote.org/coins. And according to this website:

Yes, Minergate is obviously run by the same crew of bytecoin scammers. Barely anyone had a chance to even compile bytecoin when it was "discovered" and they were already operating a pool (10% pool fee originally btw).

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:22:46 PM

Darknote has all things that Monero has. But monero does not have good price as Darknote.

DarkNote was previously DuckNote, and was basically instamined by the CN crew who realized that the BCN premine would never sell so they tried to make a new coin with a crazy distribution, then rebadge it and resell it. It's more or less the same as BCN.

Also, did anyone noticed minergate.com (registed by "Sophia Wright") resambles the cryptonote website theme and they link Monero to a weird website called bitmonero.org, that is only also listed on cryptonote.org/coins. And according to this website: http://community.spiceworks.com/people/nicolasvansaberhagen/projects/cryptonote The cryptonote was completed on June 3rd, 2014 not even close to 2012 !

Yeah, Bitmonero was rebranded as Monero by the community. There's a whole background story on this. The cryptonote people must still own that bitmonero.org domain. I see that it's still hosting links to the old bitmonero binaries. Someone really should get minergate.com to change the link, if they aren't, themselves, part of the cryptonote scam crew, of course.
dNote

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 02:37:26 AM

That is untrue statement. But you tell it with such a confidence, only 2 ways here: you are a liar or you are a paranoid. But any way you are stupit, sorry, but it is true. i will explain:
1. You can research the XDN difficulty chart,  ask forum folks here about mining XDN since 1st block. Ask smooth, seems he liked XDN and mined it since first blocks and he can confirm that.
2. "Insta" , instant - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant  - "An instant is an infinitesimal moment in time, a moment whose passage is instantaneous."

It takes 1 month to reach each reward halving. And media was absolutely active in the very first 3 months after launch.
DarkNote is improving CryptoNote with less transaction size (by reward structure), new state-of-the-art cryptography with encrypted end-to-end messaging and eventually advanced DarkNote GUI wallet (client). While you just talking blablabla and blaming devs around your. NO CryptoNote improvements from the side of Monero, NO new features, nothing, just a  bullshit talking and blaming. All you can do is just a services around original source code, like web wallets. All XMR success is made with anger and mad sadness about your own helplessness in coin development.

3. It is very interesting, that you are blaming DarkNote in instamine, again, after such a fair launch, while you Monero guys actually have a serious problems with initial botnets mining and difficulty jump caused by it. Looks smart, isn't it - Botnets+Black piar+Bag holders = Monero.
"Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind" William Shakespeare

P.S. Initially we  liked everything about Monero, we even had 2 letters for you guys with cooperation offer and our thoughts about CN technology, but we decided to look at your actions first, now we are happy that it was done, and after reading your confidence lie i can only call your coin "morono", i hope you understand the roots of my thoughts: XMR is bagholded, blackpiared and botnet mined.

P.P.S. Every time i will find such a groundless accusations from aside of a liar i will parry the attack, au revoir.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:16:17 AM

What does "blackpiared" mean?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:23:52 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 11:53:46 AM by smooth

1. You can research the XDN difficulty chart,  ask forum folks here about mining XDN since 1st block. Ask smooth, seems he liked XDN and mined it since first blocks and he can confirm that.

It is true that I mined XDN from the beginning and there was no premine. However, you will note that tacotime didn't claim a premine, he claimed an instamine. Now on that score I must still respectfully disagree with him and agree with you. An instamine generally refers to the case where difficulty adjustment doesn't kick in fast enough and an enormous number of coins are mined quickly at very low difficulty (for example, DRK, where 25% were mined on the first day or something). The XDN difficulty adjustment worked well and the number of coins mined at the beginning was more or less in line with the published schedule, so I wouldn't call that an instamine.

It is also true that one month for reward having is an extremely fast reward schedule. I'd more properly call that a "fast mine."  Finally, it is also true that the ducknote->darknote rebrand, which one might imagine was planned from the start, happened after a few of these reward cuts meaning the bulk of the coins had been mined by the time the somewhat silly meme branding that many dismissed (though I did indeed like) was taken off and the more credible branding added. I understand that you have claimed other reasons for this reward schedule, yet the fact remains that nearly all of the coins were mined before darkNote existed.

P.S. Various comments are made and opinions expressed on the forum. Is it really necessary to respond in such a hostile and defensive manner when you disagree with something?

P.P.S. Are you affiliated with bytecoin or cryptonote in any way?
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:48:23 AM

It seems those who are threatened often show up at your house to bash you.  DuckNote, DarkNote, DuckButter, DickCoin or whatever you call it now has the value of a turd off a dogs ass.  Sometimes I wish people would just stick to their business instead of coming over here bashing what they can't be. 

I've found this community to be very supportive and especially the dev team. All of whom have helped me and answered questions.  I would ask you sir to now "Piss Off"

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:52:22 AM

Dear XDN,
Half the mining pools you have listed in your thread won't open or are off line. I wonder if someone didn't pay the hosting bill?

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:33:38 AM

and after reading your confidence lie i can only call your coin "morono", i hope you understand the roots of my thoughts: XMR is bagholded, blackpiared and botnet mined.

P.P.S. Every time i will find such a groundless accusations from aside of a liar i will parry the attack, au revoir.

Okay real mature guys

How about all cryptonote devs and backers not act like pre-teens. Our technology is better than any bitcoin fork. There aren't that many cryptonote forks (yet) and we can work together. There really isn't a point in competing as we are already in the lion's den with people wanting an anonymous cryptocurrency but want it to be bitcoin, even though it isn't and can never be.
dNote

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 05:29:53 AM

1. You can research the XDN difficulty chart,  ask forum folks here about mining XDN since 1st block. Ask smooth, seems he liked XDN and mined it since first blocks and he can confirm that.

It is true that I mined XDN from the beginning and there was no premine. However, you will note that tacotime didn't claim a premine, he claimed an instamine. Now on that score I must still respectfully disagree with him and agree with you. An instamine generally refers to the case where difficulty adjustment doesn't happen kick in and an enormous number of coins are mined quickly at very low difficulty (for example, DRK, where 25% were mined on the first day or something). The XDN difficulty adjustment worked well and the number of coins mined at the beginning was more or less in line with the published schedule, so I wouldn't call that an instamine.

It is also true that one month for reward having is an extremely fast reward schedule. I'd more properly call that a "fast mine."  Finally, it is also true that the ducknote->darknote rebrand, which one might imagine was planned from the start, happened after a few of these reward cuts meaning the bulk of the coins had been mined by the time the somewhat silly meme branding that many dismissed (though I did indeed like) was taken off and the more credible branding added. I understand that you have claimed other reasons for this reward schedule, yet the fact remains that nearly all of the coins were mined before darkNote existed.

P.S. Various comments are made and opinions expressed on the forum. Is it really necessary to respond in such a hostile and defensive manner when you disagree with something?

P.P.S. Are you affiliated with bytecoin or cryptonote in any way?

Thank you very much, smooth, you are a very honest person, and explain everything as accurate as i wanted you to do it.

P.S. I am passionate person, i tell what i think, sorry for inconvenience.

P.P.S. Sure man, as any other CN coin, DarkNote devs use most parts of Bytecoin source code, and as we can see the quality of BCN code, and truly respect the way CryptoNote was implemented in BCN. So we try to  keep DarkNote source code updated with Bytecoin original repository, although, since the beginning of XDN we claimed as a group of independent devs, who meet CN technology and BCN itself at the middle of our own cryptocurrency development process. We switched to CN and implemented DarkNote XDN economy with Bytecoin original source code. We added new features to CryptoNote, like original reward structure, because XDN reward structure is totally not about CryptoNote reward structure, because it was invented long before we meet CryptoNote and Bytecoin.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:57:36 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 06:09:47 AM by dewdeded

How about all cryptonote devs and backers not act like pre-teens.
WAT?!?!? Why? Smiley Maybe their behavior is ahead of time and everybody will act like this soon. Smiley

dNote: You guys should really, really do these three things.

- Explain the motivation and greater strategy/vision, behind your various mostly non-sustainable commercial and community projects, around CN.

- Stop creating pretended neutral, objective community websites, projects or organizations around CN. With the intent to abuse them, to promote your projects, securing your information superiority around CN and preventing the creation of a real community around CN (you wont control 100% anymore).

Your behavior is harming CryptoNote-technology. It's already visible, many CN users and people interested in CN tech are refusing to work with you and/or don't care about your ideas/next plans for the tech dev, community development or the announcement of yet another coin, out of your CryptoNote-coin-generator. Most serious people I talked with just labeled you guys as crazy and not trust-worthy.

Open up and talk and exchange with the CN-users, researcher and devs. If not, nobody will care for any of your projects or work related to CN technology.

- Reevaluate your opinion about Monero. There is absolutely no reason for your aggression against the project or your activities to sabotage Moneros development.
At least accept Monero and be neutral.
No one is talking about cooperations or team members becoming friends and exchanging christmas cards. Just stop the bullshit. And use your resources and time for something positive.
Monero is the biggest CN coin, has a fair setup, is very open & democratic and is hurting no one. No valid reasons to hate. Last but not least, if you disavow or not, the whole CN eco-system and your own CN-based projects are benefiting from the software development and infrastructure creation that is done by The Monero Project.

This is my 100% unbiased opinion and 0% influenced by my decision to support Monero. Don't reply, just really think about it. If u really care about CN technology sooner or later you will see these three points are without alternatives, if you want to stay part of CN mid-term development & future.
Pages: « 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: