Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667202 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:19:12 PM

Its so cool. You can enter your mymonero account using only the first 3 words of your 13 words list. For instance :

nanny inquest nimbly amused because inwardly ambush lipstick rage bailed umbrella howls ambush

Thanks for the donation!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:22:34 PM

good job on the missive guys!!

thanks! I think next time I'll go a little bit lighter on the "remove silence" filter. It reduces the total time of the podcat, but can make the speech a little robotic.

I'd drop it altogether. I was wondering why you guys sounded like you were tweeking. Slow down and make it sound like an engaging conversation not the guy at the end of car lease ads. There is no set time limit that I'm aware of.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:23:28 PM

For the benefit of everyone who likes to bet on sports, Tippero has a book open for the Mayweather vs Pacquiao boxing game in about a month.
Hop on #tippero, and type !book to see the current state. and !help bookie for command info.

Should also work on reddit/twitter now Cheesy

Currently 5 monero on Pacquiao, and 3 monero on Mayweather, and the current bettors would enjoy company Smiley

hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:02:11 AM

巴比特资讯页已经开通了竞争币的版块,在此诚邀各位竞争币作者入驻。
申请格式:
1. ID: (论坛ID与资讯ID是通用的,当然你也可以使用不同的ID)
2. 关注币种:二代币或其它。
3. 文章类型:翻译/ 原创

Monero columnist are invited on 8btc.com, which has been the 1# crypto currency meida and the most active community since 2011.

source: http://8btc.com/thread-14805-1-1.html

Please PM or email: miner#8btc.com.

Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:28:22 AM

巴比特资讯页已经开通了竞争币的版块,在此诚邀各位竞争币作者入驻。
申请格式:
1. ID: (论坛ID与资讯ID是通用的,当然你也可以使用不同的ID)
2. 关注币种:二代币或其它。
3. 文章类型:翻译/ 原创

Monero columnist are invited on 8btc.com, which has been the 1# crypto currency meida and the most active community since 2011.

source: http://8btc.com/thread-14805-1-1.html

Please PM or email: miner#8btc.com.

This could be really good news. I don't think Monero has much of a presence in China

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:31:51 AM

This could be really good news. I don't think Monero has much of a presence in China

We've been on bter for a long time, but I agree the exposure hasn't been great. Do we have anyone who can write in Chinese?
DStefanov

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 07:00:41 AM

Quote from: smooth
.................... Do we have anyone who can write in Chinese?

Google Translator!  Grin

opennux

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:19:23 AM

If we could hand it over in English, I'd be up for it, maybe in collaboration with GingerAle (take the vital parts from his Digest), and David Latapies different writings. Depends on the scope.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:21:30 AM

If we could hand it over in English, I'd be up for it, maybe in collaboration with GingerAle (take the vital parts from his Digest), and David Latapies different writings. Depends on the scope.

It wouldn't be so hard. I think the Missives would be a nice update in Chinese from time to time. If China learns about XMR, I predict CCM... I mean, happiness!! Cheesy

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:43:37 AM

Hy there  Grin

Personally i am a neewbie to *coins, but though i hold some of them. At the moment speaking, the majority of my holdings are stored in Monero  Cool
What i have noticed, many *coins are "built" just to be *raped* for profit, but not for any other ideological goals  Shocked
I love the ideological treatment that Monero has, i love what you are doing guys, keep it up and going, this is going to be wonderful  Smiley
I hope our core devs are going to be here for a very, very, very long time  Kiss
See you in Moneroland  Cheesy

Kind regards,
elrippo

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:45:25 AM

Hy there  Grin

Personally i am a neewbie to *coins, but though i hold some of them. At the moment speaking, the majority of my holdings are stored in Monero  Cool
What i have noticed, many *coins are "built" just to be *raped* for profit, but not for any other ideological goals  Shocked
I love the ideological treatment that Monero has, i love what you are doing guys, keep it up and going, this is going to be wonderful  Smiley
I hope our core devs are going to be here for a very, very, very long time  Kiss

Kind regards,
elrippo

Thank you for the introduction and the positive words about the project. Welcome, elrippo!
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:46:37 AM

Kind regards,
elrippo

Welcome, now share some moneroj with your friends and family too. Its your own currency
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 10:03:14 AM

It wouldn't be so hard. I think the Missives would be a nice update in Chinese from time to time. If China learns about XMR, I predict CCM... I mean, happiness!! Cheesy

Aight, next on to do list: learn mandarin.

We'd need to get the missives transcribed then google translated. Though if we don't have anyone that can read the language, we could end up google-saying some stupid stuff maybe.

re: digest - thats easy enough!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:11:40 AM

Hy there  Grin

Kind regards,
elrippo

Thank you for the introduction and the positive words about the project. Welcome, elrippo!

Thank you for building some humanity and common sense into this *coin world!!!
It will be interesting to have a cup of coffee and look back in ten years from now, what the *coin and Moneroworld looked today  Grin
If you want to name it, a kind of retroperspective translation of "Back in the Future"  Cheesy

Kind regards,
elrippo

Welcome, now share some moneroj with your friends and family too. Its your own currency

I am trying to share it across my small world, but 90% of my people have no clue what *coin is all about....
The remaining 10% can be divided into 80% who have heard of it as a "darkweb" currency for criminals in the news, 10% would try it out if they had assistance and the remaining 10% would probalby do the download and installation of a *coin wallet by them self, if there are any larger shop's that accept *coins.

Personally i think, we are far away from "public" mainstream adoption in the same sense linux desktops are used by "public" mainstream  Lips sealed (somewhat under 1%)
I am reading posts regarding the official GUI wallet.... Well, would be nice to have, but is not necessary in my opinion, and i do not believe it is THE argument for mass adoption -> Investors and traders will welcome it though.
Geeky guys can use the command line and the waiting masses can wait for the GUI wallet  Cool

Happy moneroyoing,
elrippo

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
opennux

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:20:52 AM

We'd need to get the missives transcribed then google translated. Though if we don't have anyone that can read the language, we could end up google-saying some stupid stuff maybe.

I reckon that the digest is too much. It could be the most important points from the digest, with some of Latapies talking points mixed in there and also some of the missives (although ginger does a great job with those also.).

So, like a shorter newsletter than the digest, where the talking points can mirror the monero missive. Go easy on the hardcore tech first, but rather explain the why's of why it's needed.

Whadaya think?

PS they do have a translator team I am informed.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 10:31:09 AM

I reckon that the digest is too much. It could be the most important points from the digest, with some of Latapies talking points mixed in there and also some of the missives (although ginger does a great job with those also.).

So, like a shorter newsletter than the digest, where the talking points can mirror the monero missive. Go easy on the hardcore tech first, but rather explain the why's of why it's needed.

Whadaya think?

PS they do have a translator team I am informed.

^^^^
Sounds like someone's volunteering !!!! Go for it!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:48:12 AM

Personally i think, we are far away from "public" mainstream adoption in the same sense linux desktops are used by "public" mainstream  Lips sealed (somewhat under 1%)

Isn't Android based on Linux, Monero just needs its Android

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:21:19 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 02:50:34 PM by Quicken

Bitcoin regulations incoming in the UK. Interesting times:

http://www.coindesk.com/breaking-uk-treasury-issues-landmark-digital-currencies-report/

The United Kingdom's Treasury has published its report on digital currencies in conjunction with the Chancellor of the Exchequer's budget speech today.

The report recommends that anti-money laundering regulation be applied to digital currency exchanges in the UK and that HM Treasury will consult on the regulatory approach in Parliament.

From the report:
3.3 Almost all respondents to the call for information commented that digital currencies can offer a degree of anonymity to users, and that this factor could be a driver of criminal activity. Contributions also noted that the use of specific digital currencies, and anonymising services can increase the degree of user anonymity. However, stakeholders diverged in their assessment of the overall significance of the risks here. Some banks and payment scheme companies characterised digital currencies as anonymous and untraceable, but many of the submissions from users, digital currency firms and consultancies challenged this view and termed the technology ‘pseudonymous’ rather than anonymous. They noted that the publically visible ledger (or blockchain) of historical transactions makes digital currency payments less opaque than traditional payment methods, especially cash. Stakeholders saw that this ledger of historical transactions could potentially prove helpful for regulators and law enforcement.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:23:01 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/breaking-uk-treasury-issues-landmark-digital-currencies-report/

The United Kingdom's Treasury has published its report on digital currencies in conjunction with the Chancellor of the Exchequer's budget speech today.

The report recommends that anti-money laundering regulation be applied to digital currency exchanges in the UK and that HM Treasury will consult on the regulatory approach in Parliament.

From the report:
3.3 Almost all respondents to the call for information commented that digital currencies can offer a degree of anonymity to users, and that this factor could be a driver of criminal activity. Contributions also noted that the use of specific digital currencies, and anonymising services can increase the degree of user anonymity. However, stakeholders diverged in their assessment of the overall significance of the risks here. Some banks and payment scheme companies characterised digital currencies as anonymous and untraceable, but many of the submissions from users, digital currency firms and consultancies challenged this view and termed the technology ‘pseudonymous’ rather than anonymous. They noted that the publically visible ledger (or blockchain) of historical transactions makes digital currency payments less opaque than traditional payment methods, especially cash. Stakeholders saw that this ledger of historical transactions could potentially prove helpful for regulators and law enforcement.

This is great news for BTC (posted it also to Wall observer). But here's some food for thought... Anyone else sees this as "bad news" for XMR due to its anonymity? I mean, if I'd want to be "visible" to the network for regulation reasons, could I persuade the government that I actually am?

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:52:01 PM

From the report:

This is great news for BTC (posted it also to Wall observer). But here's some food for thought... Anyone else sees this as "bad news" for XMR due to its anonymity? I mean, if I'd want to be "visible" to the network for regulation reasons, could I persuade the government that I actually am?

You could give them your viewkey?

Much like there are plenty of completely legitimate reasons to be private, there are also plenty of completely legitimate reasons to be transparent, be it to anyone or just selected parties. Monero achieves all of this with a mechanism called the view key.

If this doesn't suffice, know that it is completely in a State's reach to kill a crypto (even Bitcoin) if it really wants to. Right now. So, there are two options: to hope no State will care, or to make sure it is not in its best interest. We choose the latter.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: