Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666941 times)
emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:48:12 PM

What is the difference between monero and bytecoin? Is monero just a fork of bytecoin?

This has been answered many times before in this thread.

Then why so important information hasn't been added to the first post so far?

Also, please give link or tell briefly about it.

Reading first post of monero and we page bytecoin.org one can elucidate the difference between the two in seconds
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:02:10 PM

(reply).
I am not a dev, I know how to write semantically significant HTML, this is all. I am a team member, different. What I cannot bring with code, I bring it with communication, suggestion, writing, webhosting... Like Ludom does for NXT, by the way.
For the technical specifications, read the cryptonote whitepaper, our OP. There are post where we sum up our additions to the orignal Bytecoin code and so far, I believe fluffypony's Tenebrix/blockchain post is the best summary at hand (the post you are linking is a great one, we agree on that)
For the Panama part, I had several email exchanges with the said "joke" even on Sunday morning, when a DDoS happened and he was with his family. Of course, you don' have to believe me.
(your English is good, really, stop underestimating yourself, most French do underestimate their level in English)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:03:59 PM

My suggestion is a reduction in the number of coins or altering of the reward curve.

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Artificially limiting the number of coins to preserve the current spot price is just a short-term prop for traders, and ultimately adds no value to the currency.  Without the means to use it to buy actual items, its worthless, just like fiat.

There is nothing "artificial". The initial number of coins that a coin creator chooses is more or less arbitrary. Whether tomorrow one uses 2 MROs that cost 5$ or 1 MRO that costs 10$ for a pizza is irrelevant.

In real world terms there are "hard currencies" and not so hard currencies. If you live in a country with not-so-hard currency (that's pretty much 70-80% of the planet really) you appreciate more a currency which is stable in value and is not being debased frantically. You can't have debasement like 50-100% per year etc. It's problematic for investment / problematic as a store of value that one can buy.

Currencies should have adequate store of value. That's my economic viewpoint on this issue.
nanard

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

(reply).
I am not a dev, I know how to write semantically significant HTML, this is all. I am a team member, different. What I cannot bring with code, I bring it with communication, suggestion, writing, webhosting... Like Ludom does for NXT, by the way.
For the technical specifications, read the cryptonote whitepaper, our OP. There are post where we sum up our additions to the orignal Bytecoin code and so far, I believe fluffypony's Tenebrix/blockchain post is the best summary at hand (the post you are linking is a great one, we agree on that)
For the Panama part, I had several email exchanges with the said "joke" even on Sunday morning, when a DDoS happened and he was with his family. Of course, you don' have to believe me.
(your English is good, really, stop underestimating yourself, most French do underestimate their level in English)

Let's stop this useless confrontation. I'm currently owning a substantial part of my little investment in MRO and I believe this is the coin of the moment. My financial interest is to see monero going "to the moon". In my opinion, it is better than Darkcoin, not only because I left Darkcoin, but also from a programmer point of view. But to be honest, I can't see why this coin would survive more than others after pump-dump period. Anyway my opinion won't influence MRO price, big whale traders don't care what we are saying here.

Currently, I think the anomaly is Darkcoin, not Monero (fairer and technically better).

I hope crypto-currencies succeed, monero or another coin is of little relevance. Sorry for the annoyance.
xxnirvana69xx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:15:21 PM

asddd 250-270 on fx-8320
asdddddddddddddddddddd
i make only 75-80 on my
i5-4570
i am using cpumultiminer of lucasjones
you?
8 threads, 30H/s or so a thread on cpumultiminer and simpleminer. Just make sure you're running the threads you can or all the instances of simpleminer for each thread.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:18:27 PM

I have started mining few hours ago, when can i expect first payment?

xxnirvana69xx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:32:20 PM

Payments go out after each block has matured in a pool. Haven't solo mined so can't comment on that.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:45:40 PM

Payments go out after each block has matured in a pool. Haven't solo mined so can't comment on that.

Im Mining here http://188.226.230.5/  

Please check my stats: 46LFDhuBQM38ZLShfVSjegFLR3R5ru8DSCK1CfkExRAnjjqi9NXdXB7Rm8EBpQwoQs1pBBZ9ETB1pFG XWELDkEiwR7mhXsk

What H/s can i expect with one Sandy-Bridge i7 2600K@4800Mhz?

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:08:02 PM

Anyone succeeded to compile on Linux 32 bits? I get:

Code:
error: ‘uint128_t’ was not declared in this scope

Seems the sources are strongly 64 bits specific.
But I see there is a 32 bits windows executable, so there must be a way?

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:28:13 PM

If you are solo mining it is completely down to your hashing power when you can expect on average to be paid. If your mining in a pool however obviously that pool needs to find a block and then it needs to mature for I think 60 confirms.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:28:51 PM

kk thx

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

My suggestion is a reduction in the number of coins or altering of the reward curve.

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Oh please...
MRO will be another low velocity, commodity crypto like all the others...
You wanna buy pizza with MRO?

I sell 1 pizza = 10K MRO
deal ?
emontmon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:37:06 PM

in spirit of cooperation;

I see many posts: how many coins with such and such hashing power. How much hashing am i expected to get with such and such cpu.

Could we see a post. monero hashing build. most hasing for under under 500 dollars, 1000 dollars, and 2 thousand dollars.
seems some people may convert some of their earning into machins and improve their hashing performance.
i see this as a good thing as it secures the network. pulls hashing away from those already domminant in the field.

can we do this in a windows and ubuntu estimations. as such this will allow new investors to start mining. the reason I say this i have some friends that are in the market for upgrading computers and I was asked this question and I can not answer it.

thank you for those that will take this post seriously.
dreamspark

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

I see many posts: how many coins with such and such hashing power. How much hashing am i expected to get with such and such cpu.

Could we see a post. monero hashing build. most hasing for under under 500 dollars, 1000 dollars, and 2 thousand dollars.
seems some people may convert some of their earning into machins and improve their hashing performance.
i see this as a good thing as it secures the network. pulls hashing away from those already domminant in the field.

can we do this in a windows and ubuntu estimations. as such this will allow new investors to start mining. the reason I say this i have some friends that are in the market for upgrading computers and I was asked this question and I can not answer it.

Its a cpu only coin, there's not really $1000 or $2000 spec machines, its simply how many cpu's you can get your hands on.

Granted it would possibly be useful to produce a list of CPU's and their expected hashing power on either OS so that you could choose which CPU's to buy to mine this coin but at this stage I would be very surprised to see people building $2000 set ups to mine MRO, you may as well use AWS/Azure and the like.

The other issue is that the miners are being constantly updated and there is also more than one miner so you can see how this starts to become a lot of work to put together. Thats also besides the fact that you can't trust just one person saying they are getting x speed without some proof so again it becomes a huge task.

Hope this helps.
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:50:39 PM

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Oh please...
MRO will be another low velocity, commodity crypto like all the others...
You wanna buy pizza with MRO?

I sell 1 pizza = 10K MRO
deal ?

seems legit
emontmon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:53:55 PM

Its a cpu only coin, there's not really $1000 or $2000 spec machines, its simply how many cpu's you can get your hands on.

Granted it would possibly be useful to produce a list of CPU's and their expected hashing power on either OS so that you could choose which CPU's to buy to mine this coin but at this stage I would be very surprised to see people building $2000 set ups to mine MRO, you may as well use AWS/Azure and the like.

The other issue is that the miners are being constantly updated and there is also more than one miner so you can see how this starts to become a lot of work to put together. Thats also besides the fact that you can't trust just one person saying they are getting x speed without some proof so again it becomes a huge task.

Hope this helps.

thank you for his.
my idea, there is core development of the software for which we have many hero members.
1. monero development i.e new aspect implementation
2. interface development. miners and wallets
3. marketing

There is the hardware aspect as well. hero members input on what they would chose if they had such and such money to spend.
for example, i do not know what aws/azure are or is. this is beyond my scope. and as i read some of the posts it reminds me of my insecurities regarding the tech. barriers for entry for non crypto currencies aficionados. There is obvious curiosity.

for 500 dollars what would smooth david or ezih buy  (other than investing, as investing is beyond most normal human beings, let alon investing in cryptocurrencies.)

for 1000 dollars what would they buy. things like this. trust is hard to come buy especially when we use handles. but trust can be percieved through conversation, and the above mentioned and others have earned it from me.

thanks.
dreamspark

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:00:27 PM

thank you for his.
my idea, there is core development of the software for which we have many hero members.
3. marketing

There is the hardware aspect as well. hero members input on what they would chose if they had such and such money to spend.
for example, i do not know what aws/azure are or is. this is beyond my scope. and as i read some of the posts it reminds me of my insecurities regarding the tech. barriers for entry for non crypto currencies aficionados. There is obvious curiosity.

for 500 dollars what would smooth david or ezih buy  (other than investing, as investing is beyond most normal human beings, let alon investing in cryptocurrencies.)

for 1000 dollars what would they buy. things like this. trust is hard to come buy especially when we use handles. but trust can be percieved through conversation, and the above mentioned and others have earned it from me.

thanks.

Just a couple of points, just because somebody is a hero member here all it means is they have been registered on the forum for a while it doesn't automatically make them know more, hero accounts are also sold on the forum as well so a 13 y/o newbie could be behind a hero account but anyway thats not got much to do with MRO.

AWS and Azure are both cloud computing power operators where you can pay for a machine that you can access from your own PC but the hardware is at Amazon or Microsoft. Read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Azure

You would have to ask them yourself but Im sure they would give different answers. My personal answer would be not to spend $500 on a machine and hope to ROI you would much likely be better buying MRO as by the time you make $500 or $1000 worth just to pay back your equipment the price could be anywhere.
emontmon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

thank you for his.
3. marketing

thanks.

Just a couple of points, just because somebody is a hero member here all it means is they have been registered on the forum for a while it doesn't automatically make them know more, hero accounts are also sold on the forum as well so a 13 y/o newbie could be behind a hero account but anyway thats not got much to do with MRO.

AWS and Azure are both cloud computing power operators where you can pay for a machine that you can access from your own PC but the hardware is at Amazon or Microsoft. Read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Azure

You would have to ask them yourself but Im sure they would give different answers. My personal answer would be not to spend $500 on a machine and hope to ROI you would much likely be better buying MRO as by the time you make $500 or $1000 worth just to pay back your equipment the price could be anywhere.

ha...
you have quickly identified my ignorance. i thought hero member was someone that was trusted by the community and gave of themselves not because of compensation. i did not know that it was a bought account.
my apologies.

i am asking from the perspective of a computer buyer. alas, this is likely impossible to do. thank you again.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:15:47 PM

you have quickly identified my ignorance. i thought hero member was someone that was trusted by the community and gave of themselves not because of compensation. i did not know that it was a bought account.
my apologies.

Most hero accounts are not "bought" but some are.

My account has not been purchased, I've had it since post 1!

Anyway, the "titles" on the accounts mean nothing really, I'm not exactly the type of person you'd want advice from. I'm just someone that posts here a lot, that is all.

dreamspark

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:23:54 PM

ha...
my apologies.

i am asking from the perspective of a computer buyer. alas, this is likely impossible to do. thank you again.

No worries if you have any direct questions there are plenty of people here who will answer you.

Just to say so nobody misunderstands, I wasn't saying all hero accounts were bought just that some are bought and sold is all.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: