Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
Icathia

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:11:30 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Since a number of year has passed when you retire we don't know the price of the bitcoin, it can be so much higher than the price today or even much lower so just get as many as you can.

You should also have some retirement fund in your current job of course and your bitcoin should just be an add-ons to it

Indeed and due that we cannot predict this so its not relevant to also say how much you are thinking, I do not think that it will add something to this conversation too..
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:53:39 PM

By the time you retire in 20 years BTC may be worth between $2,700 --> $5,350 USD.

With all topics in retirement anybody could lead you into a different direction. Saying retirement is different for everybody you should aim at looking for places to live with a particular attraction that can be done on a continuous basis.

Every different location requires a different amount of money, for an average retirement $175,000 (in today's value) is an amount that could spark curiosity at when to cash out or live off for the next few years... In which case it may go up even higher.

Since this currency is allowed in the majority of countries moving abroad may suit your needs better. Anyways, the amount of BTC needed to retire at today's rate may be subject to roughly 150.- BTC, saying the value will move up to the above amount.

Best of all, if you have time left during this journey you may be able to acquire much, much more BTC to stash away for better causes.

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:18:05 PM

You will need a lot of bitcoin probably cause I think in 20 years the price will be dumped down cause bitcoin will probably have died out.
The cryptocurrency is still fresh so expect competition eventually it will be beat.
it's depends on how bitcoin price in few years ahead will be
if then bitcoin price worth to more than $10,000 per coin you only need a couple bitcoin
but if then bitcoin price get dumped like what you say , your investment today will mean nothing
but i just keep believing in bitcoin that soon or later bitcoin will be more than just about the price , it's about the future.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:29:30 AM

You will need a lot of bitcoin probably cause I think in 20 years the price will be dumped down cause bitcoin will probably have died out.
The cryptocurrency is still fresh so expect competition eventually it will be beat.
it's depends on how bitcoin price in few years ahead will be
if then bitcoin price worth to more than $10,000 per coin you only need a couple bitcoin
but if then bitcoin price get dumped like what you say , your investment today will mean nothing
but i just keep believing in bitcoin that soon or later bitcoin will be more than just about the price , it's about the future.
What is important is you need to know how much you need in 20 years for your goal in life, with that you can analyze who much bitcoin are you going to save as you investment, you cannot be greedy here because we still do not know what will happen in the future, bitcoin might succeed or fail both are possible.
Dora Doll

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:58:09 AM

i would say 500 Bitcoins would be enaugh
i cannot say any thing about that actually, the problem is that the price of bitcoin never remain constant and we do not have any idea that what will be the price of bitcoin after 20 years therefore it is not good to depend on bitcoin for living.
ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:08:57 AM

Any amount will do my friend as long as in the future the value of bitcoin rises more.

Just save any amount in your cold storage or paper wallet.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:28:15 AM

Nobody can give a straight answer to this question it really depends on how much bitcoin will be worth if it will be worth anything in that much time.
But I'd just get as much as possible if you want to be on the save side of course.
yeah right I do not think anyone could answer how many bitcoin you have to collect, because no one knows about the state of the world at that time, could have been the price of bitcoin dropped dramatically, so you need a lot of bitcoin, or even the price of bitcoin is very high, which we can do is continue to collect bitcoin
blackmagician

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:49:34 AM

20k bitcoins is not enough I need more than 30k bitcoins for me to have a beautiful life after my retirement .
I will divide those btc to my 2 sons and a daughter.

hakanbalta577

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:54:30 AM

At even current price 500Bitcoins is a huge amount and considering after 20 years,the price increase that can be huge but yes no body can predict any thing going to happen after 20 years and specially with bitcoin we can not tell where it goes,so making prediction is not possible from now.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:46:11 AM

At even current price 500Bitcoins is a huge amount and considering after 20 years,the price increase that can be huge but yes no body can predict any thing going to happen after 20 years and specially with bitcoin we can not tell where it goes,so making prediction is not possible from now.

Yeah its impossible to predict what will be the price of bitcoin after 20 years and how many coins would be enough for us and we are not even sure that whether bitcoin will survive that long or not.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:01:41 AM

Yeah its impossible to predict what will be the price of bitcoin after 20 years and how many coins would be enough for us and we are not even sure that whether bitcoin will survive that long or not.

we do not expect at a price that will go very high in the next 20 years. as you would think, a smaller amount of bitcoin eligible to retire. but you have to think that the price will be stable as it is now in the future. so you can calculate the amount bitcoin eligible to retire and in my opinion at least 100 bitcoin well for retirement. if the price is in the range as it is now. I own quite sure if bitcoin can survive the next 20 years, because bitcoin depleted mined over the next 20 years.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:04:21 AM

If you have a good discipline in investments you can start small in investing for your retirement.  Put bitcoins bit by bit into a certain wallet and sell it after the halving.  If you believe in the sky rocketing value of bitcoin in every halving cycle then go for it.
Discipline sometimes make us more greediesness and sometimes it s because of wealth that we want to earn the eagerness of earning is make us fail in the end and it become illness when we don't stop investing money to scam investment website.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:40:28 AM

If you have a good discipline in investments you can start small in investing for your retirement.  Put bitcoins bit by bit into a certain wallet and sell it after the halving.  If you believe in the sky rocketing value of bitcoin in every halving cycle then go for it.
Discipline sometimes make us more greediesness and sometimes it s because of wealth that we want to earn the eagerness of earning is make us fail in the end and it become illness when we don't stop investing money to scam investment website.
Discipline will never make you greedy. If you get greediness you are not discipline with your emotion control.

Being overambitious is not greedy in my opinion, but there are only very thin differences between being overambitious and being greedy.

If you have more number of bitcoins, then definitely you will have more economical freedom in your retirement life.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:55:34 AM

At least 1000 BTCitcoin or maybe more , If you are going to retire in 20 years you need atleast more bitcoin before you do it , All we need is to enjoy life and we  will not going be back again hoping that this will happen if had so much bitcoin im going to travel the entire world.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:01:17 AM

At least 1000 BTCitcoin or maybe more , If you are going to retire in 20 years you need atleast more bitcoin before you do it , All we need is to enjoy life and we  will not going be back again hoping that this will happen if had so much bitcoin im going to travel the entire world.

No one of us knows how many Bitcoin you will need to retire at that time.
Hell we don't even know if Bitcoin will be around in 20 years!
But let's assume Bitcoin will still exist and be the number one relevant coin.
Then imo you will need much less than your predicted amount of coins. A tiny fraction of that coul be enough!
Bitcoin's potential is massive in terms of value!
Satoshi himself said it will be either a huge success or it will fail!
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:18:35 PM

Nobody can give a straight answer to this question it really depends on how much bitcoin will be worth if it will be worth anything in that much time.
But I'd just get as much as possible if you want to be on the save side of course.
true I think no one can be sure how bitcoin should you collect because we do not know the future of bitcoin and we do not know the cost of living in the 20 years to come, so I can only give advice to collect bitcoin as much as possible, maybe it will help

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:20:28 PM

It depends on the price of bitcoin at that time to decide if how many bitcoins someone would need to retire in 20 years, because if the price of bitcoin would be quite high at that time then he would probably need less bitcoins while if it stays quite low he would need more.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:37:45 PM

At least 1000 BTCitcoin or maybe more , If you are going to retire in 20 years you need atleast more bitcoin before you do it , All we need is to enjoy life and we  will not going be back again hoping that this will happen if had so much bitcoin im going to travel the entire world.

It depends on the price of bitcoin at that time to decide if how many bitcoins someone would need to retire in 20 years, because if the price of bitcoin would be quite high at that time then he would probably need less bitcoins while if it stays quite low he would need more.
No mate, we need to decide now, and maybe we need to start saving now. We cannot ascertain the future so we need to just predict the future, do not consider that value as it will just come. What is important that you should do is just to save more bitcoin as you can.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:23:30 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 05:49:34 PM by Hannu

It need lot for retire! Lips sealed Bad thing is realize when death arrives "This is it"
You die poor and lonely (Talking about myself!)  Lips sealed

If you keep car that cost mostly more, summerhouse repairs, bills, food, house repairs, insurance, electricity, kids education etc

You need more then 1000 BTC -> US DOLLARS/EUROS?

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
CroIsBest

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:30:17 PM

I will need million of bitcoins to do retire because  want to save my country from crisis and have money for everthing.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: