Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850316 times)
christian1980

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:12:16 AM

I'm sorry but I wanna totally avoid the use of relational databases like Mysql in Minera.
Using them I should always do upgrades on it to add fields or whatever miss from previous versions and this is so much annoying and waste of time.

I could think about using a json file to save the settings and the stored data but you understand this will be crazy to maintain cause every time I add an option I need to fit it into two different datasets and I'm getting too old to do this without making the caos in a couple of releases.

So if you can't use Redis, the best way should be fork the project and completely re-invent how to store/retrieve data for that kind of devices.

Of course, we could do something together and I could help you, but as I'm still developing the first public image release this is not the right period to start thinking to a fork for me Wink

After a bit research, i found a package:
http://see.sl088.com/wiki/Redis-lua
Is this correct?
But i dont have any experience with redis.
I can prepare everything, but maybe we need to work together to get this running.

Nope, that's a client library you need the Redis Server package

It seems that nobody did a ar71xx architecture port of redis server before.
If i have time, ill try to compile it myself.
But maybe Sandor is faster to port Minera to openwrt. ;-)
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:27:30 AM

I'm sorry but I wanna totally avoid the use of relational databases like Mysql in Minera.
Using them I should always do upgrades on it to add fields or whatever miss from previous versions and this is so much annoying and waste of time.

I could think about using a json file to save the settings and the stored data but you understand this will be crazy to maintain cause every time I add an option I need to fit it into two different datasets and I'm getting too old to do this without making the caos in a couple of releases.

So if you can't use Redis, the best way should be fork the project and completely re-invent how to store/retrieve data for that kind of devices.

Of course, we could do something together and I could help you, but as I'm still developing the first public image release this is not the right period to start thinking to a fork for me Wink

After a bit research, i found a package:
http://see.sl088.com/wiki/Redis-lua
Is this correct?
But i dont have any experience with redis.
I can prepare everything, but maybe we need to work together to get this running.

Nope, that's a client library you need the Redis Server package

It seems that nobody did a ar71xx architecture port of redis server before.
If i have time, ill try to compile it myself.
But maybe Sandor is faster to port Minera to openwrt. ;-)

Tried to cross compile Redis for Openwrt, but ran into a bunch of errors.

christian1980

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:03:05 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 04:56:41 PM by christian1980

Tried to cross compile Redis for Openwrt, but ran into a bunch of errors.

Maybe you can give the build enviroment of debwrt a try too
http://www.debwrt.net/2011/02/16/build-environment/
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:49:26 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 03:59:42 PM by fivejonnyfive

Noticed the little exclamation point and saw an update was available. Very cool! Didn't know this was a feature.

The only rub is - I can't get it to work.

It counts down and says system updated, but then it still says update available and the version number doesn't increment.

Tried forcing a reboot. Even tried logging in over ssh and running /var/www/upgrade_minera.sh

This throws some errors but works if you sudo it...
Afterwards - the version number still hasn't incremented...

EDIT: got it. see below.

SilentH

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

Had the same issue and from what I could tell the failure for me was due to my modifications of the install script originally to get it installed. This caused the web based update to fail.

I deleted the install script, did a git pull, then ran the upgrade script successfully..

to clear the update notification, per michelem, run the following:

redis-cli del minera_update
redis-cli del minera_version

fivejonnyfive

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:00:21 PM

Had the same issue and from what I could tell the failure for me was due to my modifications of the install script originally to get it installed. This caused the web based update to fail.

I deleted the install script, did a git pull, then ran the upgrade script successfully..

to clear the update notification, per michelem, run the following:

redis-cli del minera_update
redis-cli del minera_version

I hadn't modified the install script, but I did get the update to work by doing a git pull first. If anyone else has trouble here's what I did:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git pull https://github.com/michelem09/minera
sudo sh upgrade_minera.sh

Saw you added in postfix.... I suppose email alerts are on the roadmap  Grin

Temperature widget is awesome!
fivejonnyfive

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:16:34 PM

Uh - it's worth noting that the method I described works - but something borked my sudoers file. Get this when trying to run sudo anything

Code:
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 37
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

I'm at work and the pi is at home and not being able to sudo creates the recursive issue of not being able to access the sudoers file.
Probably going to image a new card when I get home and start from scratch. Do'h. At least it's mining.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:55:28 PM

Uh - it's worth noting that the method I described works - but something borked my sudoers file. Get this when trying to run sudo anything

Code:

I'm at work and the pi is at home and not being able to sudo creates the recursive issue of not being able to access the sudoers file.
Probably going to image a new card when I get home and start from scratch. Do'h. At least it's mining.

well, I'm sorry for that but until you can't find what /etc/sudoers contains I can't understand the problem, may be you run a bugged (old) installer, don't know.
It could be very useful to find out what /etc/sudoers contains. May be you could mount the SD Card on your PC and look at the file <mount-point>/etc/sudoers

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:12:44 PM

Code:

well, I'm sorry for that but until you can't find what /etc/sudoers contains I can't understand the problem, may be you run a bugged (old) installer, don't know.
It could be very useful to find out what /etc/sudoers contains. May be you could mount the SD Card on your PC and look at the file <mount-point>/etc/sudoers

Hi i think its a list of users that are allowed to use the sudo command
but i might be wrong
fivejonnyfive

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:34:17 PM

Code:

Hi i think its a list of users that are allowed to use the sudo command
but i might be wrong

pjc - Yes - it is supposed to contain the list of users allowed to sudo. In this instance it has something garbled in it apparently and the pi can't parse it.

Michele - I'll see if I can get at the sudoers file and relay its contents. Not sure if it's on the partition I can see on a mac. I built my minera install on top of a version of the zoomhash image that I had modified to run sandor's miner, and then went about the upgrade in a nonstandard way - so any number of things could have borked it. I doubt its the fault of your code, I was more relaying that just in case anyone else was having issues and was going to follow my steps. I also noticed your instructions on git for troubleshooting upgrade problems after I had gone about the steps I took so - yeah.

On my future install I'll make sure to "passwd root" so that I can get around issues like this if they happen in the future.

Also - one must question my wisdom for mucking around with the system of a machine I wont have physical access to for a number of hours.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

pjc - Yes - it is supposed to contain the list of users allowed to sudo. In this instance it has something garbled in it apparently and the pi can't parse it.

Michele - I'll see if I can get at the sudoers file and relay its contents. Not sure if it's on the partition I can see on a mac. I built my minera install on top of a version of the zoomhash image that I had modified to run sandor's miner, and then went about the upgrade in a nonstandard way - so any number of things could have borked it. I doubt its the fault of your code, I was more relaying that just in case anyone else was having issues and was going to follow my steps. I also noticed your instructions on git for troubleshooting upgrade problems after I had gone about the steps I took so - yeah.

On my future install I'll make sure to "passwd root" so that I can get around issues like this if they happen in the future.

Also - one must question my wisdom for mucking around with the system of a machine I wont have physical access to for a number of hours.

Good to know it wasn't a default install/upgrade, I'm on a Mac too may be you could access rpi FS following this post:

http://dparkinson.blogspot.it/2013/10/accessing-raspberry-pi-filesystem-from.html

But don't worry if you can't, only let me know if a default install works fine now.

passwd root is a good choice for home-box

SilentH

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:09:45 PM

does the autotune switch not work with Gridseed Blades? i just  went to screen and was getting repeated errors in cpuminer that autotune was not supported with 40chip gridseeds.
christian1980

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:53:39 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 12:10:02 AM by christian1980

Sandor, here is a quick and dirty and untested Makefile for the redis package,
ill try it out the next days. Please report if you have success so that i dont waste my time.

Code:
#
# Copyright (C) 2008-2010 OpenWrt.org
#
# This is free software, licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.
# See /LICENSE for more information.
#

include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk

PKG_NAME:=redis
PKG_VERSION:=2.8.9
PKG_RELEASE:=1

PKG_SOURCE:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION).tar.gz
PKG_SOURCE_URL:=http://download.redis.io/releases/
PKG_MD5SUM:=3C106B0F1128DC930684E2DA88B2A03D

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/redis
  SUBMENU:=Redis
  SECTION:=lang
  CATEGORY:=Languages
  TITLE:=Redis
  URL:=http://redis.io/download/
  DEPENDS:=+libc6
endef

define Package/redis/description
 Persistent key-value database with network interface
endef

define Build/Configure
endef

define Build/Compile
        touch $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/Makefile
endef

define Package/redis/install
        $(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/usr/bin/redis-server
        cp -r $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/src/redis-server $(1)/usr/bin/redis-server
endef

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,redis))
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:11:00 PM

does the autotune switch not work with Gridseed Blades? i just  went to screen and was getting repeated errors in cpuminer that autotune was not supported with 40chip gridseeds.

It's not supported, since you can't tune each individually chip on a Blade.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:03:59 AM

Just a note, I finally have a Raspberry to do the first image release. Stay tuned!

christian1980

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:32:23 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 11:06:51 AM by christian1980

Just a note, I finally have a Raspberry to do the first image release. Stay tuned!

I recommend to get a wiibox controller or another AR71XX device too... :-)
http://www.gawminers.com/gridseed-wiibox-controller/
other AR71XX router (Flash should be >=8MB): http://archive.today/3GAUl#25%
fivejonnyfive

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:33:01 AM

Good to know it wasn't a default install/upgrade, I'm on a Mac too may be you could access rpi FS following this post:

http://dparkinson.blogspot.it/2013/10/accessing-raspberry-pi-filesystem-from.html

But don't worry if you can't, only let me know if a default install works fine now.

Here you go, here's the Minera Settings portion of my sudoers file. The offending line is line 37, the one with the -e on it extraneously

Code:
#Minera settings
minera ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /bin/kill
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/screen
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/killall
-e
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/git
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:47:16 AM

Here you go, here's the Minera Settings portion of my sudoers file. The offending line is line 37, the one with the -e on it extraneously

Code:
#Minera settings
minera ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /bin/kill
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/screen
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/killall
-e
www-data ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/git

thank you very much for sharing this, I checked every commits made on install/upgrade scripts but I cannot find the problem, so I'm thinking about a bad "git pull" or something like that which placed bad chars on them.

Hope it doesn't happen anymore.

thanks

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:29:20 PM

Well, Minera 0.1.8 is out

* some bug fixes
* added pseudo ajax log viewer
* changed logs path to /var/logs/minera (please run upgrade_minera.sh)
* symlikend the new log path within the old one

What's next: I finally have a RPi to start build Minera images (pretty exciting), but I still have to put Json config and start/stop daemon.

One question for you all:

What do you think about you will not be able anymore to "screen -r" into cpuminer from Minera? This is because there is some issues playing with screen sessions and daemontools/supervisor, so if we opt in for one of those daemon tools we have to leave the screen solution.

But before doing this I would like to hear your opinion or may be if you have some solutions to run screen with a daemon tool. (The problem I saw is that you can run the screen session within the minerd command, but you cannot quit it, and this is the main problem).

I didn't try this too much, but looking around the web it seems a common problem, so please let know what do you think about this.

Thanks

christian1980

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:55:15 PM

Well, Minera 0.1.8 is out

* some bug fixes
* added pseudo ajax log viewer
* changed logs path to /var/logs/minera (please run upgrade_minera.sh)
* symlikend the new log path within the old one

What's next: I finally have a RPi to start build Minera images (pretty exciting), but I still have to put Json config and start/stop daemon.

One question for you all:

What do you think about you will not be able anymore to "screen -r" into cpuminer from Minera? This is because there is some issues playing with screen sessions and daemontools/supervisor, so if we opt in for one of those daemon tools we have to leave the screen solution.

But before doing this I would like to hear your opinion or may be if you have some solutions to run screen with a daemon tool. (The problem I saw is that you can run the screen session within the minerd command, but you cannot quit it, and this is the main problem).

I didn't try this too much, but looking around the web it seems a common problem, so please let know what do you think about this.

Thanks

Michelem, if you start building images at the pi, can you please build them within openwrt, so that we stay a bit compatible to the router systems?
http://raniarho.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/installing-openwrt-on-a-raspberry-pi/
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: