Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850312 times)
urdubit

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

The First Pakistan Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 06:41:07 AM

Thanks for this great mining dashboard. Need to ask is there a way I can set quota on pools? like I have 7 gridseeds I want 4 to mine on one and the other 3 to mine on the other.
Blackross

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:05:18 AM

the only way i've seen that done is if you plug the last 3 in after you've set the other 4 to mine first, then plug the other 3 in and run another instance of bfg or cg...

although it would be nice if luke made the pool setup so you could add the serials of individual miners per a specific pool
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

I'm waiting  for the  next update so i can put this https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0  in Minera and use the full power if all my Zeus's  i tested it in windows 8.1 , would rather use a PI as my controller.

It's works well on a windows box I would rather use a PI.

The CGminer fork in the Minera works but nothing like the BFGminer fork did in windows, for me.

I would rather use it in minera so far I have not found a UI I like better then minera.

cya

Minera comes with BFGMiner which supports mining with ZeusMiner ASICs. The fork you are referring to was created before there was official support for ZeusMiner ASICs in BFGMiner and, as far as I know, hasn't been updated in many months.
Yea but how do I get them to work in MInera I lose way to Much Hash using the official release .I looked for hour the other day after i bought two Zeus's then found them and it worked.  Smiley .

right now I  am using the CGminer fork in minera but it drops some hash but nothing like the BFG official does . so I can wait then  lose  4 hash  per Zeus or more.

If you have a system where the official BFGMiner performs poorly compared to one of these other forks and can setup remote access please send me an email at nwoolls @ gmail. I've tested on ASICs up to 256 chips and not seen any performance issues and would love to address anything outstanding (if you have the time).

Right now I'm fine i wish you all could get BFG to work inside antminer S i asked Luke he  he told me hes trying all i can ask I'm about to set up a PI using a command lines with BFG . but I can set it for remote but I'm not to techly inclined like most here but do what i need to and don't give up till i find what I'm looking for I can be very annoying and persistent till i either know it or  get what i went after . In most cases I  won't ask and look for answers. once i can use BFG with an other OS other then  windows i may . I mean use it with zus miners were it does what it does windows i would rather use BFG any day over CGMIner it seems more stable etc to me but that's me . that said is all i should say .

nwools I won't have to do the remote thing  I just got it working with a command line BFGminer with 4.3.1 way less HW error and not even OC and its 2 MH per zuesminier above what they should be . I have a cyclone x2 and Hx3 and coming to morrow a Tx3 .  now just waiting for the next minera update so i can put this fork  in it, I'm set for a while or till the L1s hit. :)that's one ZM each not 3 or 2 etc couldn't afford that power bill.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:33:38 AM

Excellent work Mr michelem! Donation made:
https://blockchain.info/tx/c8f6a18a2cc3e1966903c9893394f9cb1ab14175de13e164a74b67b5719e6ae2

I have forked your project for ASICMiner and Rockminer products, but I'm confident you will eliminate the need for any forks whenever you add the ability to add custom cgminer/bfgminer builds from the user interface. One thing I had to change for ASICMiner units is the pool hashrate calculation. The formula utilizing "Work Utility" was returning invalid results, so I matched the totalhashrate calculation used for cgdmaxlzeus.

Here's a couple features I'd love to see in future releases.

1) The ability to tie settings/paramaters to specific cgminer/bfgminer builds
2) The ability to run multiple instances of cgminer/bfgminer at once.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 09:10:50 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx/c8f6a18a2cc3e1966903c9893394f9cb1ab14175de13e164a74b67b5719e6ae2

I have forked your project for ASICMiner and Rockminer products, but I'm confident you will eliminate the need for any forks whenever you add the ability to add custom cgminer/bfgminer builds from the user interface. One thing I had to change for ASICMiner units is the pool hashrate calculation. The formula utilizing "Work Utility" was returning invalid results, so I matched the totalhashrate calculation used for cgdmaxlzeus.

Thank you very much! I'll reply to you in PM, but one thing I'd like to say to everybody: the ability to run multiple instances of miners it's really really really hard to do. I mean you can just do that manually, but build an environment where you can setup multiple miners can be a real pain, so don't know if I will never have the time to do it.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:25:32 PM

Thank you very much! I'll reply to you in PM, but one thing I'd like to say to everybody: the ability to run multiple instances of miners it's really really really hard to do. I mean you can just do that manually, but build an environment where you can setup multiple miners can be a real pain, so don't know if I will never have the time to do it.

I would think that would be why i don't ask for it, it would be nice .

cloudminerDW

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:10:00 PM

hi all

Is anyone running the new r-box 100ghs on minera ? i have it working pretty well on the cgminer fork but i seem to get a lot of duplicate shares on cex. was wondering if i need to adjust something or if this is normal.

i have the frequency for the miners set at 270 using :      --rock-freq 270     in the extra options box.

and i love this program. thanks for all the hard work you do on this Michelem.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:32:36 PM

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to install multiple instances of minera, with each instance launching cgminer/bfgminer on a different listening port for the api.

On the new Rboxes, I've run 10 units off of one raspberry pi using cgminer main and the rockminer fork on minera. The only thing I've noticed is that the main branch of cgminer can't handle starting up with more than a few units at once. You have to start with 4 or so, then plug in each subsequent one individually.

Duplicates are an issue with BE200 chips. They won't affect your hashrate as it's just submitting a share twice about 10 percent of the time on average. This should not alter the amount of work being handled by the rbox.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
cloudminerDW

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:01:41 AM

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to install multiple instances of minera, with each instance launching cgminer/bfgminer on a different listening port for the api.

On the new Rboxes, I've run 10 units off of one raspberry pi using cgminer main and the rockminer fork on minera. The only thing I've noticed is that the main branch of cgminer can't handle starting up with more than a few units at once. You have to start with 4 or so, then plug in each subsequent one individually.

Duplicates are an issue with BE200 chips. They won't affect your hashrate as it's just submitting a share twice about 10 percent of the time on average. This should not alter the amount of work being handled by the rbox.

ahh ok. yeah i was just worried about the duplicate shares. never seen it before and wanted to make sure it wouldn't effect anything. other than that, they're running great. getting 431GHS off the 4 running it at 270 frequency. 

urdubit

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

The First Pakistan Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 05:58:39 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 06:16:15 AM by urdubit

I am new to pi and linux. I am using minera to power 4 gridseeds to mine on a scrypt pool and they are running perfectly. But here is what I want to do I also have a couple of antminer usbs laying around and I want to run them on minera off the same setup. Can anyone guide me to how that is possible. I know it might not be possible from the gui. I am running the cpuminer fork for the gridseeds. Maybe somehow someone can tell me how to run the bfgminer from terminal for the antminers? I know its possible I just dont know login/pass from terminal or where bfgminer is located so I can run it...
bfgminer -S antminer:all -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u worker.antminer -p x --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

I think this is the command i need to run...

I was able to run this but it wouldnt detect the usb.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:12:06 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 12:29:02 AM by toptek

I am new to pi and linux. I am using minera to power 4 gridseeds to mine on a scrypt pool and they are running perfectly. But here is what I want to do I also have a couple of antminer usbs laying around and I want to run them on minera off the same setup. Can anyone guide me to how that is possible. I know it might not be possible from the gui. I am running the cpuminer fork for the gridseeds. Maybe somehow someone can tell me how to run the bfgminer from terminal for the antminers? I know its possible I just dont know login/pass from terminal or where bfgminer is located so I can run it...
bfgminer -S antminer:all -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u worker.antminer -p x --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

I think this is the command i need to run...

I was able to run this but it wouldnt detect the usb.

to start with how are  you running it  you can't run two Algorithm at the same time what i mean is the gridseeds can because they were designed to run that way the Antminer can only do bitcoins types . no scrypt.

I have tried to run both side by side even with gridseeds in boths modes and had no luck i had to use two controllers or two instances of the miner to do both at the same time . . as far as i know which is not much you can't run them to gather unless you use two instances of CGminer bfgminer . and atm minera  won't let you do  two diff instances in the same instances you Polly will need a second PC or pi or use one PI and PC and load in two diff instances of your miner . some one may have done it or know how . I have been looking my self .

these are the BFG setting for the antminers  Smiley I think you forgot the -d   if using Bfg,   Cgminier sorry no idea .

-d antminer -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 >  in windows  but in minera you don't need -d i think for any thing if you turn on auto detect .

I think you can make that shorter haven't tired my Us just lay around now i may sell them on e bay.

and BFG In minera is here

cd /var/www/minera/minera-bin : all the miners are

or  in that  gen area or part. i tired to  load in a custom BFG with no luck  then saw the next version is going to let us do it in  minera Smiley so I'll wait and use the command line fork till then.

You might be able to it with this http://nwoolls.github.io/MultiMiner/  Multiminer ask n wool. when  ever i used it i was using antminer S1 s3 etc i went back to scrypt mining wish i had never left doing it. it's slow but fits me.

Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:14:53 AM

I detailed how to run dual mining etc, back about page 70 i think, just search my posts in this thread. its really easy. I had Gridseeds dualmining as well as an Antminer U2 on SHA

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
bigredbutton

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:28:05 AM

Sorry for posting in multiple thread but I wasn't sure where best to direct my question.

Is CrazyGuy RaspPi .image available for download somewhere?

I went to this link

"https://github.com/crazybitcoinguy/minera"

and downloaded the latestest minera from this link

"Download minera-latest.img.zip."

I tried switching over and didn't see "AMcg".

Also I couldn't get any settings to save, like pool info etc. and Minera is showing 800 as the default frequency. What am I missing here? Did I download the incorrect image?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 01:55:17 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 02:34:07 PM by toptek

I've been struggling and searching forums trying get some help, I have a GAW Falcon and 3x GAW Furrys, I have them connected to my Rap. Pi with Minera 3.8 running using CGminer DMAX Zeus Fork.
I'm trying to achieve all 4 devices working together. I've been playing around with extra options and I can get the Furrys to has properly or I can get the Falcon to has properly, but not together.
Has anyone achieved this?

The closest I've come to getting them working "OK" is using this argument:

"--zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 340 --no-submit-stale --failover-only --failover-switch-delay 10"

But I'm sure there is a way to configure each USB device individually?

Multipool is reporting 29-30MHS which is pretty close, but the Minera Dashboard shows my Falcon bouncing all over the place 130MHs to 500MHs to 1GH

Please reply if you have suggestions!

try this https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0 I can't get any zeus i have to work with any thing else with out capping or locking down the speeds, in most cases once it settles down i get around or better with my  zues and BFGminer 4.3.1

23.81/23.42/19.31Mh/s | A:41 R:0+0(none) HW:1/3.5% depending what I'm run in atm.

I wish the guy that fixed it would update it to 4 .1  bfgminer i love some of the stuff bfg has now .

my setting are bfgminer --scrypt ( your pool and PW) -S zeus:all --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=330 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB0:chips=96 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB0:read=200 --set zeus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --queue 9999 --scan-time 30 --expiry 120

i can usually run three Zeusminer at those setting  at the same time etc . but I use  64 96 and 128  chip to gather .

just waiting for the next minera release in no hurry .

The Falcon is the same thing as a ZeusMiner Thunder X3 if that helps any . just change the  USB  Number on each one and use direct detect like ttyUSB0 = ttyUSB1  for chaining them .
 set the falcon chip to 96 if your not ready to get the full use out of it with the furry.

the chain should be some thing like this
-S zeus:all --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=328 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB0:chips=96 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB0:read=200 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=340 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB1:chips=6 --set zeus@/dev/ttyUSB1:read=200

I would add this in case you have one of the bugie firmware. --set zeus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 and play with this --queue 9999 --scan-time 30 --expiry 120 or your settings for delays etc . with BFGMIner  you may need to use 4.3.1 .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:43:19 PM

Sorry for posting in multiple thread but I wasn't sure where best to direct my question.

Is CrazyGuy RaspPi .image available for download somewhere?

I went to this link

"https://github.com/crazybitcoinguy/minera"

and downloaded the latestest minera from this link

"Download minera-latest.img.zip."

I tried switching over and didn't see "AMcg".

Also I couldn't get any settings to save, like pool info etc. and Minera is showing 800 as the default frequency. What am I missing here? Did I download the incorrect image?

I think I see how to do it with this at that link  im gonna go give it a try .  Smiley .

sudo apt-get install -y redis-server git screen php5-cli php5-curl
cd /var/www
sudo git clone https://github.com/crazybitcoinguy/minera
cd minera
sudo ./install_minera.sh

bigredbutton

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:22:21 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 03:37:01 PM by bigredbutton

When do I type this?

cd /var/www
cd minera
sudo ./install_minera.sh

when the Rasp Pi first starts up in the command screen or whatever its called?

So I tried type this in and got to this line

It says 'destination path 'minera' already exists and is not an empty directory'

I skipped that line and went to cd minera and it did something that time.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:40:46 PM

When do I type this?

cd /var/www
cd minera
sudo ./install_minera.sh

when the Rasp Pi first starts up in the command screen or whatever its called?

So I tried type this in and got to this line

It says 'destination path 'minera' already exists and is not an empty directory'

I skipped that line and went to cd minera and it did something that time.

the lines above  explain it in a round about way  Smiley  ... you have to install new  rasp barry OS above they give you a link then do it  Smiley or i guess you can use WinSCP and  delete it if you use windows and then  put his version in there . I'm  Gonna try both ways to see . and there is another way i saw Nwool and CK  explained the other day in some posts i read some place but didn't pay it any mind.

Raspbian you can get it here:

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest

Simply download and put it in your SD card (there are tons of guide to do this, google it).

When you have your system ready, ssh into it and install Minera

Skip this step and continue below if you have a web server with PHP just installed.

sudo apt-get install -y lighttpd php5-cgi
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi-php
sudo service lighttpd force-reload

When your web server is ready you can install Minera:

cd /var/www
cd minera
sudo ./install_minera.sh

Smiley .

bigredbutton

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:45:56 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 04:58:31 PM by bigredbutton

edit*

Nice! Thanks for the assist Toptek, I'm going to follow your instructions and see where that leaves me.

I was able to progress through the command lines, the following lines didn't work...

sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi-php

cd /var/www

I don't know how to turn the wi-fi or find my network.
How do I log into the Rasp Pi OS? I use to use the command start x, that doesn't work now.

Doesn't matter anyway because even with the e-cable connected I can't seem to connect to the Pi now. Sad
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:54:56 PM

edit*

Nice! Thanks for the assist Toptek, I'm going to follow your instructions and see where that leaves me.

I don't know how to turn the wi-fi on now.
How to I log into the Rasp Pi OS? I use to use the command start x, that doesn't work now.

Honestly, don't know this is all new to me I'm learning and guessing as i go I've been building PC for all most 20 years now never once got into Linux, wish i had now.    its all been windows PC form dos 2.0 on  .
I guess why i don't know how to, I use wired to mine .  

btw i  get forbidden doing a manual install so i did some thing  wrong its all good . I'll keep at it . back to command line mode with 4.3.1 bfgminer till i know more . GL if you get it let it me know some how . miner needs mine now . ")

Happy mining and GL ,

bigredbutton

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:25:28 AM

Thanks for all the help toptek I owe you a beer or refreshing beverage if you don't drink. I couldn't get Minera to boot-up today. I'm going to give it another go after work...
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: