Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850313 times)
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

Hello guys,
thanks to CrazyGuy now you can buy a Raspberry PI with Minera pre-installed! Cool! Smiley

Buy a Raspberry with Minera preinstalled

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:15:59 PM

Hello Guys!

I have been running Minera on the  Raspberry pi with a few Gridseeds, which is giving me some irritating issues. I have configured the raspberry pi to reconnect on Internet loss with wicd-curses, but unfortunately Minera does not respond after connection loss!. I have tried a few other miners on the raspberry that do work after connection loss, why isn't this working with Minera?. It's a pain the ass because the only way to resolve this is to reboot the raspberry. I am doing this almost twice a day and am getting tired of it. Is there any solution to this?. 
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:19:14 PM

Hello Guys!

I have been running Minera on the  Raspberry pi with a few Gridseeds, which is giving me some irritating issues. I have configured the raspberry pi to reconnect on Internet loss with wicd-curses, but unfortunately Minera does not respond after connection loss!. I have tried a few other miners on the raspberry that do work after connection loss, why isn't this working with Minera?. It's a pain the ass because the only way to resolve this is to reboot the raspberry. I am doing this almost twice a day and am getting tired of it. Is there any solution to this?. 

What miner are you using with Minera? CPUMiner? Did you try BFGMiner? Did you look at the miner logs?

Meije

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:23:06 PM

Hello Guys!

What miner are you using with Minera? CPUMiner? Did you try BFGMiner? Did you look at the miner logs?
I am using CPUMiner, i have not yet tried BFGminer. I have not looked at the logs.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:27:29 PM

I am using CPUMiner, i have not yet tried BFGminer. I have not looked at the logs.

First of all, that could be a CPUMiner related problem, you should try to use BFGminer before giving up.

Then, if you wanna use CPUminer, looking at the logs could help us find a solution for you.

You can find the logs in the dashboard at the bottom, without them it's impossible to give support, cause you know your problem it's not a common problem (I think 99% of people have a stable connection).

Meije

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

First of all, that could be a CPUMiner related problem, you should try to use BFGminer before giving up.

Then, if you wanna use CPUminer, looking at the logs could help us find a solution for you.

You can find the logs in the dashboard at the bottom, without them it's impossible to give support, cause you know your problem it's not a common problem (I think 99% of people have a stable connection).
Ok, i will try BFGMiner. I can't access the logs after connection loss because Minera does not respond afterwards, and only a reboot works, bu then the logs are gone. It is pretty random, but most of the time i have 1 or 2 very short glitches in my Internet connection.
herbiehasher

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:10:11 PM

I detailed how to run dual mining etc, back about page 70 i think, just search my posts in this thread. its really easy. I had Gridseeds dualmining as well as an Antminer U2 on SHA

Page 66, however easy is a subjective word.
I have been trying to do what you have for a month, no dice.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:58:05 PM

Hey Mich

any word on the next Minera release , i really cant use it with my zeusminer unless i can with  the 4.3.1 fork  . i even tired cazyguys build i love Minera for the UI and easy setup but right now  i have to use the command line version of  BFGminer 4.3.1  to get really nice results I tired other miner and UI miner for hours and keep tiring . Ive been up for 15 hours now on three Zeus miner  with a  Hard ware error rate around 5 %  steady with that fork no other fork I have tired form either BFG or CGM keeps the rate that low i have no power drain with them running to gather  on the same controller they hold there speeds at defaults or better but do plan to put all four of my zeus on there own PI they seem to run even better on there own PI/controller. If you have  to charge for Minera I'm in, if there ever is a paid version Smiley . it will be worth to me

why don't they sticky this one on the forums its that nice ?.

Well any way hoping 3.9 is  soon I'll even pay , i hate that command line stuff I leaned a lot when i got my zeus i had to or lose money.

unless you can send me a link some place that gives some idea how to add that fork to minera i see others say thy did, add a custom fork of sorts and i keep looking online for a way.

Time to ask Smiley.

excuse how i type  please

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:05:39 PM

Hey Mich

any word on the next Minera release , i really cant use it with my zeusminer unless i can with  the 4.3.1 fork  . i even tired cazyguys build i love Minera for the UI and easy setup but right now  i have to use the command line version of  BFGminer 4.3.1  to get really nice results I tired other miner and UI miner for hours and keep tiring . Ive been up for 15 hours now on three Zeus miner  with a  Hard ware error rate around 5 %  steady with that fork no other fork I have tired form either BFG or CGM keeps the rate that low i have no power drain with them run to gather  on the same controller they hold there speeds at  defaults or better but do plan to put all four of my zeus on there own PI they seem to run even better on there own PI/controller. If you have  to charge for Minera I'm if there ever is a paid version Smiley . it will be worth to me why don't they sticky this one on the forums its that nice .

Well any way hoping 3.9 is  soon I'll even pay , i hate that command line stuff I leaned a lot when i got my zeus i had to or lose money.unless you can send me a link some place that give some idea how to add that fork to minera i see others say thy did add a custom fork of such  and i keep looking online for a way time .

Time to ask Smiley.

excuse how i type  please

cya

Let me understand, is your problem the ability to run Minera with a specific BFGminer fork? If it's that, you can do this right now.

Just follow this steps:

1- download and build your BFGminer fork in your Minera installation
2- copy the new bfgminer binary into /var/www/minera/minera-bin/ directory, you have to use the same name and overwrite the current bfgminer file.
3- select Bfgminer as preferred miner in the settings page

Now you are able to run your Minera with your specific fork, of course you can't use the old bfgminer anymore, but I don't think you need it.
Please let me know.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:07:19 PM

Hey Mich

any word on the next Minera release , i really cant use it with my zeusminer unless i can with  the 4.3.1 fork  . i even tired cazyguys build i love Minera for the UI and easy setup but right now  i have to use the command line version of  BFGminer 4.3.1  to get really nice results I tired other miner and UI miner for hours and keep tiring . Ive been up for 15 hours now on three Zeus miner  with a  Hard ware error rate around 5 %  steady with that fork no other fork I have tired form either BFG or CGM keeps the rate that low i have no power drain with them run to gather  on the same controller they hold there speeds at  defaults or better but do plan to put all four of my zeus on there own PI they seem to run even better on there own PI/controller. If you have  to charge for Minera I'm if there ever is a paid version Smiley . it will be worth to me why don't they sticky this one on the forums its that nice .

Well any way hoping 3.9 is  soon I'll even pay , i hate that command line stuff I leaned a lot when i got my zeus i had to or lose money.unless you can send me a link some place that give some idea how to add that fork to minera i see others say thy did add a custom fork of such  and i keep looking online for a way time .

excuse how i type  please

cya

Let me understand, is your problem the ability to run Minera with a specific BFGminer fork? If it's that, you can do this right now.

Just follow this steps:

1- download and build your BFGminer fork in your Minera installation
2- copy the new bfgminer binary into /var/www/minera/minera-bin/ directory, you have to use the same name and overwrite the current bfgminer file.
3- select Bfgminer as preferred miner in the settings page

Now you are able to run your Minera with your specific fork, of course you can't use the old bfgminer anymore, but I don't think you need it.
Please let me know.

TY  will do. Smiley . that's it no other reason the miners don't like any other version of BFGMINER . I read a lot of post and complaints from other on these forums  as well about that it , even  on the  Zeus's forums .

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:23:01 PM

TY  will do. Smiley . that's it no other reason the miners don't like any other version of BFGMINER . I read a lot of post and complaints from other on these forums  as well about that it , even  on the  Zeus's forums .

Can I know what kind of specific Zeus miners you have? Specific name and chips count.
Thanks

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

that's it no other reason the miners don't like any other version of BFGMINER . I read a lot of post and complaints from other on these forums  as well about that it , even  on the  Zeus's forums .

Where are you seeing these complaints? They aren't in the BFGMiner thread.

It would be awesome if you or any of these other numerous users could spend a little more time than you are already to post these details in the BFGMiner thread. I (the author of the ZeusMiner driver) have already offered to help address the situation.

I'd be happy to remote in (via SSH, VNC, RDP, whatever works) and help. And while supporting forks is I'm sure a great feature for Minera, what you are asking for specifically is support for a fork that hasn't been touched or worked on in months, since before the official BFGMiner driver for ZeusMiner was released, while the author of said driver is offering to help you fix the issue  Wink

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:05:46 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 07:16:51 PM by toptek

that's it no other reason the miners don't like any other version of BFGMINER . I read a lot of post and complaints from other on these forums  as well about that it , even  on the  Zeus's forums .

Where are you seeing these complaints? They aren't in the BFGMiner thread.

It would be awesome if you or any of these other numerous users could spend a little more time than you are already to post these details in the BFGMiner thread. I (the author of the ZeusMiner driver) have already offered to help address the situation.

I'd be happy to remote in (via SSH, VNC, RDP, whatever works) and help. And while supporting forks is I'm sure a great feature for Minera, what you are asking for specifically is support for a fork that hasn't been touched or worked on in months, since before the official BFGMiner driver for ZeusMiner was released, while the author of said driver is offering to help you fix the issue  Wink

sorry not  really complaints one second I'll link a few once find them again you even commented on this one https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0  which that lead me to this one http://blog.rastating.com/mining-dogecoin-with-a-zeusminer-blizzard-and-a-raspberry-pi/ but if you want them all give me a hour or two I will give you all the links i found that lead to   https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0 i don't just say it then can't back it up . i do sometimes say it the wrong way .

I'm not really to keen on some one i don't know remotely accessing my stuff bad XPes in the past so i do what I can to avoid that. nothing personal if I knew you other then on the Webb it would be OK .  Smiley  

there is nothing wrong with that  fork it works, i just want to use it in minera im using it right now as a command line. I may try one thing i have not really tried in a PI at command line is BFGMINER 4 at the latest version other wise my intentions are good.

it you want the full exact detailed problem i have with all other version i can do that but i type like crap  which I'm not asking help for all im asking is how to use it in minera so i don't have to deal with the ugly command line.  

other wise atm there is no issue what so ever for me . at first there was till i found that post and I was about to ask you in a PST then found it before i even posted here .

here is what it does with 4.3.1

40.27/39.17/35.67Mh/s | A:69336 R:120+5957(1.4%) HW:4338/5.1

ZUS 0:       | 23.57/23.49/21.18Mh/s | A:43669 R: 67+4120(1.4%) HW:2805/5.3%
ZUS 1:       | 15.71/15.67/14.56Mh/s | A:29820 R: 56+2581(1.4%) HW:1821/4.8%

(my bad forgot that line ) so as you can  see there either run in at or above speed not over clocked .Westhash show them at the right speed with 4.3.1 even some miners on sell on ebay  link you to 4.3.1 so i would not go so far as to say its out dated if it works why fix some thing if its not broke .what happen with any version any miner I've  tried so far it the HW errors go to high to fast the  rejects shoot thu the roof or the miner  just caps at one speed after two or three hours and stays at first i thought i had bad hard ware but its not by using the version I use Smiley .

and pay out are what they should be . I took one off line hoping to get that fork working in minera .  

im  very happy with that after all most 24 hours i did read 6 % i HW error is the sweet spot .

so im safe .

.  so i m not really asking for support in the sense you put it other then using it in minera if i ever need any major help you or luke are the first i would come to .

Ask Luke i  have all ready asked him  about the antminers  he told me  why so i let it go, i even went to bitmain over the phone  and asked them to forward what  he needed but i guess they didn't .

sigh  don't take this personal i hate giving this much info over the web as I said above  Smiley

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:33:17 PM

sigh  don't take this personal i hate giving this much info over the web as I said above  Smiley

It's no problem at all. I just want very much to try to fix any bugs in the driver I did for BFGMiner.

I have tested with many units but I only have 2 physical units myself, so any information on the issue and access to a system that shows the problem would be a huge help.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:36:53 AM

Can I know what kind of specific Zeus miners you have? Specific name and chips count.
Thanks

ZeusMiner THUNDER X3  Chip count is 128
 Cyclone same as the Thunder X2  chip count is 96
 ZeusMiner HURRICANE X3             chip count 64
 ZeusMiner THUNDER X6                chip count is  256 i think it won't be  here till next Wednesday

i have no plans to get any more til the L1 hit then i hoping to get three L1 ,

bigredbutton

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:16:41 PM

Finally got CrazyGuy's cgAM on my RPi up and running. What did I do you ask? Well I handed it over to a friend who knew what he was doing. Lol, sad I know but hey it works now.

Minera UI reports really high error percentage around 8-12% but pool side I'm getting around 1% so all is good except one thing. I wish I could get the wifi set up.

Anyone know if CrazyGuy's cgAM version of Minera supports Wifi? I use to set-up Wifi through the OS with the start x command but that doesn't work. Would I use sudo tasksel?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:57:11 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 06:13:05 PM by toptek

Hey Mich ty that worked as you said it would , still  shows  the same version but its is diff 4.3.1 i can tell by  the  hashes and HW errors  . and some stuff im able to use in 4.7 and and up i can't in 4.3.1 . and i going to help N wool  fix this so it works better in every version when i get time . i have four of them he  only has access to   two,  out of  my  four i don't  see why it can't be tweaked more . i need the time now but around 70 to 80 dollars a day it's hard to stop and do it .

its for sure now at 4.3.1 I have  CGremote and it shows my miners on BFGminer 4.3.1 i now know how to in minera ( ty ) till i can get back with  n wool and get the latest BFG working with all my Zeus miners . when i get one or two L1 i plan to keep the high hashing miner from Zeus going with the L1's .

TY
 cya till next time

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:14:09 PM

Finally got CrazyGuy's cgAM on my RPi up and running. What did I do you ask? Well I handed it over to a friend who knew what he was doing. Lol, sad I know but hey it works now.

Minera UI reports really high error percentage around 8-12% but pool side I'm getting around 1% so all is good except one thing. I wish I could get the wifi set up.

Anyone know if CrazyGuy's cgAM version of Minera supports Wifi? I use to set-up Wifi through the OS with the start x command but that doesn't work. Would I use sudo tasksel?

Nice good to hear Smiley ...

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 08:17:41 PM

Try with:

Code:
sudo wicd

Chryses

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

Hi to all, many many tnx for this, I love minera!

I've only one question, I've 2 gridseed mini, 5 chips, and I want to "distribute" the grid on 2 pool, so grid1 to pool1 and grid2 on pool2.

What is the best option that I've, I searched but I don't think that cpuminer can do this, only failover is supported, right?

My idea, tell me if is crazy, is to substitute the cgminer, with one with gridseed support, then modify, by hand the configuration file, and run cgminer from minera. It's insane or there is a better and polish way?

Many tnx for this piece of software.

Jo
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: