Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:50:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FCN] Fantomcoin. CN based, anonymous. Merge mine with BCN, XMR, QCN, duck.  (Read 127061 times)
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:33:53 PM

Is it possible to merge mine all CN coins out there? Maybe not right now but can this be deviced?
FCN would shoot up as CN coin #1 if miners could mine all the CN chains simultaneously FCN+BCN+MRO+DUCK+MON+QZR..

Thats a feature I would wish for.

If MM more coins, i think the most perspective are required. MRO is not one of them.

Agree. Still can't forgive that they implicitly increased the hash rate.

Sorry guys, you lost me here. What do you mean? Thx

Do not understand this either. How did they increase the hash rate implicitly?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:06:18 PM

any word from open source pool developers? don't get me wrong, i'm not complaning, difficulty is just right for any kind of mining, but more popularity means more people and higher exchange rate

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:57:36 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 06:26:58 PM by burnbabyburn71

can some one please Dropbox the blockchain , 1 day take at least 1 hour to sync

I uploaded the Blockchain here: https://mega.co.nz/#!XoIV3YrZ!Yzs_2HxF_1j0zmYRnAuQvJmqxkpK6_XcOb-K_JEiuWo (groll had problems with this one, try the other one)

https://mega.co.nz/#!bhhhwQyD!GKYV_XmxvmTOlad1m9z1dGaUTKSuE90xaS7WKYUxThw

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:15:05 AM

I uploaded the Blockchain here: https://mega.co.nz/#!XoIV3YrZ!Yzs_2HxF_1j0zmYRnAuQvJmqxkpK6_XcOb-K_JEiuWo

bad signature on windows for me from that blockchain. so it probably comes from linux?
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:25:54 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 01:23:19 PM by burnbabyburn71

I uploaded the Blockchain here: https://mega.co.nz/#!XoIV3YrZ!Yzs_2HxF_1j0zmYRnAuQvJmqxkpK6_XcOb-K_JEiuWo

bad signature on windows for me from that blockchain. so it probably comes from linux?

Its from windows. I'm not sure if I uploaded it correctly. All I did was upload the blockchain.bin file from /appdata/roaming/fantomcoin. I'm not sure if I saved the blockchain correctly though. So I'll save the blockchain once more and I'll try uploading it again.

Edit: https://mega.co.nz/#!bhhhwQyD!GKYV_XmxvmTOlad1m9z1dGaUTKSuE90xaS7WKYUxThw

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

Its from windows. I'm not sure if I uploaded it correctly. All I did was upload the blockchain.bin file from /appdata/roaming/fantomcoin. I'm not sure if I saved the blockchain correctly though. So I'll save the blockchain once more and I'll try uploading it again.

Edit: https://mega.co.nz/#!bhhhwQyD!GKYV_XmxvmTOlad1m9z1dGaUTKSuE90xaS7WKYUxThw

Do you have a copy of linux? Linux blockchain would fit both Linux and OSX - would be good to have it.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:40:14 PM

@ bitcoinbear: What are you working on atm? What are the biggest priorities for you atm? Do you need input on something? How can non-technical people help? Thx
wedgy2k

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:49:39 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 09:14:59 PM by wedgy2k

MinerGate is glad to announce Fantom mining support as a pool and as a miner.
FCN can be mined solo or merged with Bytecoin, Monero, Quazarcoin or duckNote.

Pool addresses for Fantomcoin:
FCN: fcn.pool.minergate.com:5561

Merged mining with Fantomcoin:
FCN+BCN: fcn-bcn.pool.minergate.com:5558
FCN+MRO:fcn-mro.pool.minergate.com:5559
FCN+QCN: fcn-qcn.pool.minergate.com:5560
FCN+duck: fcn-duck.pool.minergate.com:5563

Please visit MinerGate.com to download miner and start mining!

it's useless atm, it's constantly disconnecting Sad

Any news on resolving this please?
I like to use SCREEN for my linux miners and not some pre complied client...
Edit
FCN+QCN: fcn-qcn.pool.minergate.com:5560 Lasts about 3 minutes then
Code:
[2014-06-15 19:52:57] submit_upstream_work json_rpc_call failed
[2014-06-15 19:52:57] ...retry after 10 seconds

bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:57:19 AM

@ bitcoinbear: What are you working on atm? What are the biggest priorities for you atm? Do you need input on something? How can non-technical people help? Thx

To be honest, I don’t really know what to do atm.

I’ve tried everything to bring attention to FCN:

- I’ve added it to the popular websites: coinmarketcap, cpucoinlist etc.
- I wrote to the open-source pool developers (several times) - no reaction.
- Logo contest brought some attention to the FCN but, clearly, not enough.
- Put a bounty on open-source pool, which wasn’t helpful either
- Daily giveaway/twitter/reddit updates

Thinking about contacting Namecoin guys, maybe they will have the answer. Biggest concern to me tho is, still, open-source pool since FCN depends on other CN currencies.

Also, current FCN exchange rate is 0.00022220 BTC, which is not low. Maybe we should promote FCN as XMR/QCN/BCN - as a general currency, not a dependent one.

devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:00:58 AM

Hi, I would suggest setting up a gateway on NXT Asset exchange. This will create additional demand from NXTers for this coin. I believe Fantomcoin will need every new market share it can grab.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:21:07 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 09:41:24 AM by bitcoinbear

Hi, I would suggest setting up a gateway on NXT Asset exchange. This will create additional demand from NXTers for this coin. I believe Fantomcoin will need every new market share it can grab.

Could you elaborate on this? First time I hear about NXT Asset exchange.

devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:40:15 AM

Could you elaborate on this? First time I hear about NXT Asset exchange.

NXT Asset exchange is a decentralized exchange where all assets are priced in NXTs and they are bought and sold for NXTs.

Have you heard of Counterparty or Mastercoin? Those are also decentralized exchanges, except they rely on Bitcoin network to function, NXT has its own that runs on its own network.

Basically, someone trustworthy can create an asset, called 'Fantomcoin' in the NXT AE and sell units of that asset for NXTs to everyone who would like to buy them. That would be virtual Fantomcoins, only existing within the NXT AE. Then, if somebody wants to exchange those virtual Fantomcoins to real ones, they would send you a certain amount of virtual Fantomcoins with the operation 'Transfer asset' and include their Fantomcoin wallet address in the description. You would have to redeem those virtual units into real ones by sending them real Fantomcoins over Fantomcoin network to the specified wallet and charge them 0.5% fee for this operation.

You can also process deposits of real Fantomcoins into virtual ones, also charging a fee. If someone wants to trade their Fantomcoins on the NXT AE, they send you Fantomcoins, you transfer them the corresponding amount of 'Fantomcoin' asset units on the NXT AE and now they can sell them for NXTs.

That means you would function as a gateway NXT<->Fantomcoin, charging a 0.5% or whatever you want to charge for deposits/withdrawals, just a small exchange buro on the NXT asset exchange. Of course, you would have to build some trust first, people wouldn't send large amounts through you at the beginning, but if you can process all deposits and withdrawals within the specified time frame, say, 24 hours, the trust will eventually be built. That will be another new market for this coin. People don't have to rely on centralized exchanges any more.

You can check out nxtforum.org to get more info and ask specific questions and just get a more general overview of the technology, it's hard to explain everything in one post here.

I don't see a lot of buy orders on Poloniex for Fantomcoin, so the NXT AE could boost demand, especially since NXT doesn't have the privacy feature yet.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:45:01 AM

Could you elaborate on this? First time I hear about NXT Asset exchange.

NXT Asset exchange is a decentralized exchange where all assets are priced in NXTs and they are bought and sold for NXTs.

Have you heard of Counterparty of Mastercoin? Those are also decentralized exchanges, except they rely on Bitcoin network to function, NXT has its own that runs on its own network.

Basically, someone trustworthy can create an asset, called 'Fantomcoin' in the NXT AE and sell units of that asset for NXTs to everyone who would like to buy them. That would be virtual Fantomcoins, only existing within the NXT AE. Then, if somebody wants to exchange those virtual Fantomcoins to real ones, they would send you a certain amount of virtual Fantomcoins with the operation 'Transfer asset' and include their Fantomcoin wallet address in the description. You would have to redeem those virtual units into real ones by sending them real Fantomcoins over Fantomcoin network to the specified wallet and charge them 0.5% fee for this operation.

You can also process deposits of real Fantomcoins into virtual ones, also charging a fee. If someone wants to trade their Fantomcoins on the NXT AE, they send you Fantomcoins, you transfer them the corresponding amount of 'Fantomcoin' asset units on the NXT AE and now they can sell them for NXTs.

That means you would function as a gateway NXT<->Fantomcoin, charging a 0.5% or whatever you want to charge for deposits/withdrawals, just a small exchange buro on the NXT asset exchange. Of course, you would have to build some trust first, people wouldn't send large amounts through you at the beginning, but if you can process all deposits and withdrawals within the specified time frame, say, 24 hours, the trust will eventually be built. That will be another new market for this coin. People don't have to rely on centralized exchanges any more.

You can check out nxtforum.org to get more info and ask specific questions and just get a more general overview of the technology, it's hard to explain everything in one post here.

Wow, thank you. Definitely going to look into this. Sounds like an interesting idea.

devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

Wow, thank you. Definitely going to look into this. Sounds like an interesting idea.

Yes, here is one example how one of Qora enthusiasts implemented the gateway:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7212956#msg7212956
Qora also has issues with liquidity. NXT AE helps alleviate those issues, and as it gets more popular, more trading will be taking place for NXTs.
EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:25:38 PM

Qora also has issues with liquidity. NXT AE helps alleviate those issues, and as it gets more popular, more trading will be taking place for NXTs.

this is a neat idea. but i bet it's troublesome - do you have a time for it? maybe someone from the community could do it? Spekulatius for example since he got the best reputation and history here on BT.

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:58:44 PM

this is a neat idea. but i bet it's troublesome - do you have a time for it? maybe someone from the community could do it? Spekulatius for example since he got the best reputation and history here on BT.

You don't need much time. Yes, all transactions will be manual, but you don't have to rush it, 24 hours time frame for deposits/withdrawals is enough, users will know in advance it's a manually operated gateway and they shouldn't expect immediate transactions. As for buying and selling on the exchange - those transactions are quick, as soon as the price is matched and the next block is generated, the order is filled, usually ~2 minutes on average.

To issue an asset (1 asset unit can be = 1 fantomcoin, you should issue an asset with more units than you actually have fantomcoins so that you have enough units to transfer to other depositors as they start using your gateway, say 100 000 - 1 000 000 units is fine) you need a NXT account funded with 1000 NXTs (~$75, well, actually a bit more than 1000, make it 1050, as you will spend some NXTs for tx fees, each time you create a sell order for example, or transfer asset units to depositors of Fantomcoins who use your gateway, you have to pay a 1 NXT fee, which will be lowered in the future but now it's 1 NXT) and some Fantomcoins as a reserve to sell to the first buyers. Then, when you process deposits of other Fantomcoin users, they will add to the liquidity of the trading pair FANTOM/NXT, but first you need some sort of reserve to set up initial sell orders at the exchange. There should also be minimum deposit and withdrawal limits set, so you don't have to process very small amounts.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:44:22 PM

MinerGate is glad to announce Fantom mining support as a pool and as a miner.
FCN can be mined solo or merged with Bytecoin, Monero, Quazarcoin or duckNote.

Pool addresses for Fantomcoin:
FCN: fcn.pool.minergate.com:5561

Merged mining with Fantomcoin:
FCN+BCN: fcn-bcn.pool.minergate.com:5558
FCN+MRO:fcn-mro.pool.minergate.com:5559
FCN+QCN: fcn-qcn.pool.minergate.com:5560
FCN+duck: fcn-duck.pool.minergate.com:5563

Please visit MinerGate.com to download miner and start mining!

it's useless atm, it's constantly disconnecting Sad

Any news on resolving this please?
I like to use SCREEN for my linux miners and not some pre complied client...
Edit
FCN+QCN: fcn-qcn.pool.minergate.com:5560 Lasts about 3 minutes then
Code:
[2014-06-15 19:52:57] submit_upstream_work json_rpc_call failed
[2014-06-15 19:52:57] ...retry after 10 seconds

Didn't hear from them. Going to PM nopedope89.

liyonala

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:45:26 AM

I tried to send some FCN from Minergate to my BITTREX account. But I couldn't send. As I referred to some tutorials it explained me to send like this
transfer 0 [Base Addresss] [amount] [Payment_Id]

However when I tried it with Minergate I cant send because it merges the addresses omitting the space. Please explain me how to do it in Minargate.

My Base Address is - 6kjNNLxGXxZLcvWRtH2dQcRXZsbEkuRWB7NA2LvVWAta6SzurAk3o4JbW9vhsSiYx8Cc5aSmaWK3m5E LzXNYh9m1KYKaatc

My Payment ID is - 2edefbeca0ec4d8f99bf9ead502ff6ffdc565a68e67c44878a7d6be462e5f4d9

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
xnaldax

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:37:30 AM

I tried to send some FCN from Minergate to my BITTREX account. But I couldn't send. As I referred to some tutorials it explained me to send like this

However when I tried it with Minergate I cant send because it merges the addresses omitting the space. Please explain me how to do it in Minargate.

My Base Address is - 6kjNNLxGXxZLcvWRtH2dQcRXZsbEkuRWB7NA2LvVWAta6SzurAk3o4JbW9vhsSiYx8Cc5aSmaWK3m5E LzXNYh9m1KYKaatc

My Payment ID is - 2edefbeca0ec4d8f99bf9ead502ff6ffdc565a68e67c44878a7d6be462e5f4d9

Thanks.

You have to download FCN wallet to PC -> send coins from minergate to your local wallet -> send coins to Bittrex: transfer 1 bittrex_wallet number_of_coins payment_id Wink
bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:16:27 AM

Thanks.

You have to download FCN wallet to PC -> send coins from minergate to your local wallet -> send coins to Bittrex: transfer 1 bittrex_wallet number_of_coins payment_id Wink

Don't forget to wait until both PC daemon and wallet are synced with the network.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: