Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ziploc

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:59:27 PM

So please stop Fucking Up the Discussion.

You ask who the fuck Wizfarm is:
Well, he is the guy that started the BlackCast thing.

Various questions have been posed towards him there:
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/251fzg/blackcast_2_your_host_wizfarm_with_soepkip_maarx/

They will be addressed.

Now, please stop Fucking Up the Discussion.

In the meantime if you want to talk to me, hit me up in IRC.

PS: I know his intentions are not clear and that this all seems shady business. Give him the chance to make it right. He feels really bad.

And who is this aimed towards

I am asking you, fatta. I am also asking mr_random, slinger1015 and ziploc.

Whattt. I was specifically making posts to support you and I get to told not to "fuck up" the discussion  Cheesy One message:

This is not Maarx's fault.

Wizfarm is a free agent and doesn't answer to the Blackcoin Foundation as far I can tell.

I have given a lot of my support to this community and that's how I get spoken to by the foundation member?  Cheesy I've posted literally hundreds of times here supporting Blackcoin since the price was 500 satoshis. And on other forums over the internet. I've donated to projects. Right now on r/blackcoin you can see my subreddit design attempt: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/257yi6/subreddit_redesign_version_2_what_do_you_think/ (I setup the current one btw). In fact if I was to list everything I have done in my spare time to try and help Blackcoin (and things I am working on now) this would be a long post.

And I get you telling me not to fuck things up after I tell the people having a go at you to calm down??

I have a couple of general things to tell you and everyone else connected with Blackcoin professionally:

1. You guys need to get your act together and start being more professional. I mean *everyone who is in the foundation. Dogecoin doesn't take things seriously but it also acts professionally. There is a reason why so many arguments happen in this community. Anyone associated with Blackcoin at a professional level needs to start acting maturely and not lower themselves to the standards set on an anonymous dicussion forum... I can easily list 5 basic examples where people aren't representing the brand well at all. You don't see this happening in other big coins. Quite frankly I don't like to criticise any effort designed to further Blackcoin which is why I haven't done so up until now, but since I'm being told not to fuck things up here, you now know what I think.

2. I have possession of several addresses in the Blackcoin top 10. You guys need to stop pissing off big holders because it's people like me in the next two years who will be funding projects to take us to number 2. Except you can count me as someone sitting on the sidelines now contributing nothing as you all make me richer. And I'm definitely not the only one, based on who I speak to. Anyone who reads my post history from the last year and tracks the addresses I have publicly used will know I am crypto rich in general so I'm not bothered about letting this go down to zero or up to infinity.

I haven't been that impressed with private discussions I've had with key people in this community either (under this and other aliases).

I'll go back to supporting my usual coins and any new ones that take my fancy, you guys have your fun here.

I hope all this will clean up BlackCoin from scu*ba* and that it can progress...to the top 3

there's still potential and large number of real supporters of this coin !!!

maybe you will call me naive...but I'm still holding my coins..
don't forget CoinKite is coming, it's a very rare chance for a alt crypto we have to respect that

Ziploc

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:10:15 PM

I haven't been that impressed with private discussions I've had with key people in this community either (under this and other aliases).

my emphasis...
And in this statement you prove your trustworthiness alone. Very low in my opinion. You're openly admitting to dishonesty, as a result anything further you type fades into insignificance. It seems a theme with many of the detractors here.
While I completely agree that maarx used inappropriate language, as does he you may have noted, you set your entire stall out with that simple line.

you speak like you're some kind of White Knight.....there's a place for you it's called White Coin....lol

stop talking and do something positive for once

we need an Iconic Black Knight !!!!!

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:16:08 PM

my emphasis...
And in this statement you prove your trustworthiness alone. Very low in my opinion. You're openly admitting to dishonesty, as a result anything further you type fades into insignificance. It seems a theme with many of the detractors here.
While I completely agree that maarx used inappropriate language, as does he you may have noted, you set your entire stall out with that simple line.

This is just another example of what I am talking about. I make valid points and get shot down as being dishonest, low etc by another foundation member?  Cheesy

I'm glad you ignored everything relevant in what I wrote and focused on something insignificant that you can try and twist to make me look bad (read: sarcasm). Except ironically, even that you've messed up because you're interpreting that as me having multiple accounts on here - I do not. I simply use different aliases across the internet and I make no secret of it whether I am on reddit, here, irc or somewhere else. I've made no secret on reddit that I am mr_random here for example.

However, in the context of what I've written it's simply irrelevant.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:17:46 PM

Very disturbing !!!

BTW: I forgot to mention that rat4 sold off a ton of his BC. I do not even see SoepKip in the top 1000 anymore, did he sell everything? The top addresses with 3 million BC started deflating after the split. maarx now have more BC than the rest of the dev team. After all this amazing news, you would think they would be increasing their holdings but instead they are selling off? I thought the captain is suppose to go down with the ship? Do you see the writing on the wall now or do you still think this dev team should be trusted?

The devs and some of the community members underestimated my importance to the whole scheme of things. People never had confidence in the dev team, they had confidence in my ability to rally the community and make this project take off. By trying to "get rid of me", they killed the coin because the largest holders were supporting me.

Time to bite.

Soepkip:
http://blocks.blackcoin.pw/address/B96Ma83Sbxq5HR6UsPtbGapi9s5ZRHjwNo

rat4:
http://blocks.blackcoin.pw/address/B8gZqgY4r2RoEdqYk3QsAqFckyf9pRHN6i

As you can see. The information IconicExpert used in his comment is incorrect.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:20:28 PM

Very disturbing !!!

BTW: I forgot to mention that rat4 sold off a ton of his BC. I do not even see SoepKip in the top 1000 anymore, did he sell everything? The top addresses with 3 million BC started deflating after the split. maarx now have more BC than the rest of the dev team. After all this amazing news, you would think they would be increasing their holdings but instead they are selling off? I thought the captain is suppose to go down with the ship? Do you see the writing on the wall now or do you still think this dev team should be trusted?

The devs and some of the community members underestimated my importance to the whole scheme of things. People never had confidence in the dev team, they had confidence in my ability to rally the community and make this project take off. By trying to "get rid of me", they killed the coin because the largest holders were supporting me.

Time to bite.

Soepkip:

rat4:

I deleted my post right after Ziploc pointed out the script is not working correctly. I was using info provided by your script: http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution/

Maybe it is time to fix it Smiley
maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Very disturbing !!!

Time to bite.

Soepkip:

rat4:

I deleted my post right after Ziploc pointed out the script is not working correctly.I was going off of info provided by your script: http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution/

Maybe time to fix it Smiley

That's why I was careful in my commenting Smiley the information you used was incorrect, which is the (my) website's fault Smiley

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:23:32 PM

Very disturbing !!!

Time to bite.

Soepkip:

rat4:

also none of the exchange cold storage addresses has "deflated", and as we learned, everything else in the top10 must be addresses from mr_random and he said he did not sell Wink

Ziploc

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:23:56 PM

Very disturbing !!!

Time to bite.

Soepkip:

rat4:

I deleted my post right after Ziploc pointed out the script is not working correctly.I was going off of info provided by your script: http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution/

Maybe time to fix it Smiley

glad that this is cleared out..

now move to Wall Street PLZ..

and FOUNDATION IS YOUR TURN TO HELP WITH THAT PROJECT !!!

YOU'VE ALREADY DID SO MUCH DAMAGE !!! REPAIR IT NOW !!!!
maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:27:19 PM

my emphasis...

This is just another example of what I am talking about. I make valid points and get shot down as being dishonest, low etc by another foundation member?  Cheesy

I'm glad you ignored everything relevant in what I wrote and focused on something insignificant that you can try and twist to make me look bad (read: sarcasm). Except ironically, even that you've messed up because you're interpreting that as me having multiple accounts on here - I do not. I simply use different aliases across the internet and I make no secret of it whether I am on reddit, here, irc or somewhere else. I've made no secret on reddit that I am mr_random here for example.

However, in the context of what I've written it's simply irrelevant.

Hi, I did not mean to shoot you down- plus I know you told the others not to shoot me for making a case for Wizfarm. I was just hoping we could get some stop to the name calling/ negativity.

You have been making valid points about BlackCoin from the start and you have been around from around the beginning ( and I understood the Wizfarm sentiment by everyone- I shared it, but Wizfarm is greater than that) . Let me read& reply your other post soon Smiley

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1636

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:27:35 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 02:41:39 PM by vizique

don't forget CoinKite is coming, it's a very rare chance for a alt crypto we have to respect that

Personally I wouldnt call you naive, especially when you bring Coinkite into the conversation. Having personally purchased the Terminals to bring to the UK, I'm very excited by the new possiblities opening up as a result.

It is precisely this kind of stuff, hardware AND software that will take crypto off the forums and into the hands of real users.

Tie ups with games, retailers, products and services and Institutions like Universities etc will make all the difference. Focussing on just one group is not going to work as there are so many possiblities and opportunities.

What saddens me is that so many people really have missed this... BlackCoin on Coinkite gives people the affordable way to use crypto above Bitcoin. While people argue over whether its 28k or 35k sats the real obvious thing here is ... ITS STILL CHEAP considering what it's going to offer you!! Greater adoption equals better price. Work WITH Coinkite to make this happen. Buy a Terminal, become a mobile ATM and sell your Coins right there right then!! Help them it helps us. And if you've done your research you'll see they offer a business model that ANYONE OF YOU can make money from, whether thats by commission only, the BTC you hold or the BlackCoin you hold.

You lot get so wrapped up with flinging poop at each other you cant see the business opportunities from the poop. some of you say your professional this and pro that. I've yet to see it from most of you. I've seen lots of claims about this and that and still no evidence of success. If some of you put as much energy in trying to make this a success as you do shouting it down things would be a lot shinier... for YOU. And I say that last bit very deliberately...for YOU..... because for ME they're going to be great. There's an emormous amount of hard work to do before then mind, but thats part of the fun and the challenge.. You have to WANT something bad enough to make it succeed. I will be going from Computer Store to Board room all over the area selling Coinkite/BLK and BTC, evangelising the future we all know thats coming. Notice, thats NOT sitting behind a screen howling at some poop flinger, it's good old fashioned work, something I'm gonna guess some of you have yet to experience based on the immature BS here sometimes.  Change that and change your destiny.
And before some lights their little pocket rocket in excitement over "oooh Foundation Board member doing Coinkite" .. remember this.

1. I am a Businessman, I am allowed to make a living. I choose to make that living in Information Technology and Associated Services. I've been good at it for a very long time. Running businesses that serviced Microsoft and Sun Microsystems, The Royal Society of Chemistry, RNIB and many more....
2. Being a Board member will not give me a sales advantage to anyone, considering that most people are only just getting used to Bitcoin let alone BlackCoin, and where they are getting into BTC its on a small scale at present ... not millionaire stuff yet....
3. Ask yourself this and try to give an honest answer....What are you SELFLESSLY doing to make things happen in a positive way today? Not just for you, but for the Community AND for BlackCoin.
Ziploc

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:33:26 PM

Personally I wouldnt call you naive, especially when you bring Coinkite into the conversation. Having personally purchased the Terminals to bring to the UK, I'm very excited by the new possiblities opening up as a result.

It is precisely this kind of stuff, hardware AND software that will take crypto off the forums and into the hands of real users.

Tie ups with games, retailers, products and services and Institutions like Universities etc will make all the difference. Focussing on just one group is not going to work as there are so many possiblities and opportunities.

What saddens me is that so many people really have missed this... BlackCoin on Coinkite gives people the affordable way to use crypto above Bitcoin. While people argue over whether its 28k or 35k sats the real obvious thing here is ... ITS STILL CHEAP considering what it's going to offer you!! Greater adoption equals better price. Work WITH Coinkite to make this happen. Buy a Terminal, become a mobile ATM and sell your Coins right there right then!! Help them it helps us. And if you've done your research you'll see they offer a business model that ANYONE OF YOU can make money from, whether thats by commission only, the BTC you hold or the BlackCoin you hold.

You lot get so wrapped up with flinging poop at each other you cant see the business opportunities for the poop. some of you say your professional this and pro that. I've yet to see it from most of you. I've seen lots of claims about this and that and still no evidence of success. If some of you put as much energy in trying to make this a success as you do shouting it down things would be a lot shinier... for YOU. And I say that last bit very deliberately...for YOU..... because for ME they're going to be great. There's an emormous amount of hard work to do before then mind, but thats part of the fun and the challenge.. You have to WANT something bad enough to make it succeed. I will be going from Computer Store to Board room all over the area selling Coinkite/BLK and BTC, evangelising the future we all know thats coming. Notice, thats NOT sitting behind a screen howling at some poop flinger, it's good old fashioned work, something I'm gonna guess some of you have yet to experience based on the immature BS here sometimes.  Change that and change your destiny.
And before some lights their little pocket rocket in excitement over "oooh Foundation Board member doing Coinkite" .. remember this.

1. I am a Businessman, I am allowed to make a living. I choose to make that living in Information Technology and Associated Services. I've been good at it for a very long time. Running businesses that serviced Microsoft and Sun Microsystems, The Royal Society of Chemistry, RNIB and many more....
2. Being a Board member will not give me a sales advantage to anyone, considering that most people are only just getting used to Bitcoin let alone BlackCoin, and where they are getting into BTC its on a small scale at present ... not millionaire stuff yet....
3. Ask yourself this and try to give an honest answer....What are you SELFLESSLY doing to make things happen in a positive way today? Not just for you, but for the Community AND for BlackCoin.

this is kind of stuff I like better...and now:

DO IT !!!
Blackall

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:34:01 PM

You lot get so wrapped up with flinging poop at each other you cant see the business opportunities for the poop. some of you say your professional this and pro that. I've yet to see it from most of you. I've seen lots of claims about this and that and still no evidence of success. If some of you put as much energy in trying to make this a success as you do shouting it down things would be a lot shinier... for YOU. And I say that last bit very deliberately...for YOU..... because for ME they're going to be great. There's an emormous amount of hard work to do before then mind, but thats part of the fun and the challenge.. You have to WANT something bad enough to make it succeed. I will be going from Computer Store to Board room all over the area selling Coinkite/BLK and BTC, evangelising the future we all know thats coming. Notice, thats NOT sitting behind a screen howling at some poop flinger, it's good old fashioned work, something I'm gonna guess some of you have yet to experience based on the immature BS here sometimes.  Change that and change your destiny.

Hmm, you're probably right. I have to admit it's difficult not to respond to trolls and people spreading lies and nonsense. I think it's partly due to the forum format. It's easier for idiots to insert themselves into the conversation here than on Reddit, as the posts take up so much space that they might divert the whole thread. At least on Reddit you can downvote and upvote to get more informative posts more visible. What would you suggest we do regarding all the mudslinging? Just ignore it? Move to Reddit? Something else? I agree that this might not be sustainable as it distracts people from doing real work, like you do.
maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:36:09 PM

So please stop Fucking Up the Discussion.

You ask who the fuck Wizfarm is:
Well, he is the guy that started the BlackCast thing.

Various questions have been posed towards him there:
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/251fzg/blackcast_2_your_host_wizfarm_with_soepkip_maarx/

They will be addressed.

Now, please stop Fucking Up the Discussion.

In the meantime if you want to talk to me, hit me up in IRC.

PS: I know his intentions are not clear and that this all seems shady business. Give him the chance to make it right. He feels really bad.

And who is this aimed towards

I am asking you, fatta. I am also asking mr_random, slinger1015 and ziploc.

Whattt. I was specifically making posts to support you and I get to told not to "fuck up" the discussion  Cheesy One message:

This is not Maarx's fault.

Wizfarm is a free agent and doesn't answer to the Blackcoin Foundation as far I can tell.

I have given a lot of my support to this community and that's how I get spoken to by the foundation member?  Cheesy I've posted literally hundreds of times here supporting Blackcoin since the price was 500 satoshis. And on other forums over the internet. I've donated to projects. Right now on r/blackcoin you can see my subreddit design attempt: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/257yi6/subreddit_redesign_version_2_what_do_you_think/ (I setup the current one btw). In fact if I was to list everything I have done in my spare time to try and help Blackcoin (and things I am working on now) this would be a long post.

And I get you telling me not to fuck things up after I tell the people having a go at you to calm down??

I have a couple of general things to tell you and everyone else connected with Blackcoin professionally:

1. You guys need to get your act together and start being more professional. I mean *everyone who is in the foundation. Dogecoin doesn't take things seriously but it also acts professionally. There is a reason why so many arguments happen in this community. Anyone associated with Blackcoin at a professional level needs to start acting maturely and not lower themselves to the standards set on an anonymous dicussion forum... I can easily list 5 basic examples where people aren't representing the brand well at all. You don't see this happening in other big coins. Quite frankly I don't like to criticise any effort designed to further Blackcoin which is why I haven't done so up until now, but since I'm being told not to fuck things up here, you now know what I think.

2. I have possession of several addresses in the Blackcoin top 10. You guys need to stop pissing off big holders because it's people like me in the next two years who will be funding projects to take us to number 2. Except you can count me as someone sitting on the sidelines now contributing nothing as you all make me richer. And I'm definitely not the only one, based on who I speak to. Anyone who reads my post history from the last year and tracks the addresses I have publicly used will know I am crypto rich in general so I'm not bothered about letting this go down to zero or up to infinity.

I'll go back to supporting my usual coins and any new ones that take my fancy, you guys have your fun here.

Hi mr_random, I know you've been around from the start and helping on BlackCoin. My post was just a little bit of an outrage to stop the bashing on Wizfarm. Wizfarm is also working on BlackCoin to a good extent. I agreed on the sentiment though, that his moves weren't so cool.

In any case, you are right on us and the foundation. We have to work out details and clearly bring the information - that we want to get out- get out. We are in no way attempting to takeover BlackCoin but I believe the information out everywhere seems like we are.

We've chatted before and I know actively helping out on BlackCoin. I did in no way mean to bash you or your efforts. Sorry for that.

And thanks for the feedback.

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

1 Blackcoin = 1000 blacks

Using the word rat would be awful.

1 Blackcoin = 1,000,000 blacks. Have to future proof for when the whole world is using blackcoin.

'Blacks' sounds good. people always talk about how they want this coin to look good and have an image of wealth and prestige etc.. 'Rats' or 'Ratoshis' wouldn't work in that direction. 'Blacks' works better.
Iconics or Icons anyone  Grin ?

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Janezki

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:37:24 PM

I hope the multipool doesn't forget todays payments in all this V2 hassle, we are few hours late already.

edit:
Ah, seems to be a Cryptsy related issue (again).
https://twitter.com/BlackCoinPool/status/465466487558250496

BCLambovXNggZSCruBycAApon17qTkcr9F
Ziploc

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:40:48 PM

1 Blackcoin = 1000 blacks

Using the word rat would be awful.

1 Blackcoin = 1,000,000 blacks. Have to future proof for when the whole world is using blackcoin.

'Blacks' sounds good. people always talk about how they want this coin to look good and have an image of wealth and prestige etc.. 'Rats' or 'Ratoshis' wouldn't work in that direction. 'Blacks' works better.
Iconics or Icons anyone  Grin ?

If he truly contribute to bring BC to the top, he will deserve it....

WHY NOT ??

I like Iconics Grin

VigintiTrez

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:41:47 PM

Lets have a break: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9RWBkolcnA

Cheesy
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:48:34 PM

Guys Im about to make a 1.6BTC buy on Mintpal.

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:48:49 PM

Hmm, you're probably right. I have to admit it's difficult not to respond to trolls and people spreading lies and nonsense. I think it's partly due to the forum format. It's easier for idiots to insert themselves into the conversation here than on Reddit, as the posts take up so much space that they might divert the whole thread. At least on Reddit you can downvote and upvote to get more informative posts more visible. What would you suggest we do regarding all the mudslinging? Just ignore it? Move to Reddit? Something else? I agree that this might not be sustainable as it distracts people from doing real work, like you do.

That's why I thought that locking the thread completely was better than a new moderated version. The environment inside the altcoin community is toxic, because there are so many trolls and scammers and snake-oil salesmen. And it's so easy for one or two trolls to control the conversation in a single thread format. I think that an altcoin can only flourish when it moves well beyond this forum. For example, I bet many dogecoin owners and probably most litecoin owners don't hang around here.

Nearly everyone comes out looking worse after a poo-flinging contest, no matter who was right or wrong. Only the trolls win. You'd swear from reading the last few pages of this thread that most posters were out to destroy the coin, instead of being owners and investors in it.

Don't feed the trolls!
Blackall

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:57:09 PM

That's why I thought that locking the thread completely was better than a new moderated version. The environment inside the altcoin community is toxic, because there are so many trolls and scammers and snake-oil salesmen. And it's so easy for one or two trolls to control the conversation in a single thread format. I think that an altcoin can only flourish when it moves well beyond this forum. For example, I bet many dogecoin owners and probably most litecoin owners don't hang around here.

Nearly everyone comes out looking worse after a poo-flinging contest, no matter who was right or wrong. Only the trolls win. You'd swear from reading the last few pages of this thread that most posters were out to destroy the coin, instead of being owners and investors in it.

Don't feed the trolls!
Yeah, it does seem that way doesn't it? If you and I have a conversation somewhere, and someone comes and starts yelling about us being part of a conspiracy we can just walk away. However here you're sort of forced to listen to them which makes it heaven for trolls and fudsters. All successful coins have moved away from here at this point, this forum is basically a pump-and-dump fest at this point.

As for a lot of people wanting to destroy the coin, I think you're spot on. A ton of people posting here are probably either trolls who want to stir the pot to get a reaction, or investors in other coins wanting to mess with the competition. I mean IE even said that he's selling his Blackcoin, and yet he still posts hourly about it. Why would he do it if he doesn't want to bring it down to make room for a competitor he's planning to invest in? Maybe we should talk to Soepkip about moving completely to Reddit and our own forums. I mean, we're not going to have any trouble getting attention once the PR starts and we'll avoid most of the petty fighting and mudslinging that goes on now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: