Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:58:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:56:25 PM

Yes I see it, but nevertheless I don't think it is good for the long term run. For example some investors avoid nxt because they have a distribution problem. I don't know if it is possible to have a richlist for anon coin but still the doubt for an unfair distribution is enough to avoid people. In the next month there will be plenty of anon coins and we have to compete with them. people have the choice. They will not pick a scam coin.

I guess I don't see how how whether mining goes on for 1 day or 1,000 days really effects distribution, either way it is the big multipools who will be getting all the coins.

If you want the coin then why not buy it, at this point it's just a few cents a coin, hardly expensive.

I agree. Stop the pow at 7.5 million coins. One tenth of blackcoin would be a great selling point to the rarity and value. Stop the pools from selling this coin into the ground. This is why other coins don't have 100day PoW periods. Investors lose confidence with the continued selling by the pools. We should petition the dev cut his premine down to the same percentage of total coins and stop the PoW at 7.5mil coins.

This gets a +1 from me as well

+1 from me as well.  Multipools dumping will hurt the price that the first PoS coin with anon wallet deserves.  Something needs to be done about the current mining phase / supply cap.  If miners want to mine XC, let them do so from a XC multipool -- which will raise the price of XC rather than lower it.

If it stays as is - there will be 30m total supply and if this goes to 50k sats, there will be 7.8m market cap = no room to move up.  If price runs to 100k sats, people will dump (because it will need to be 15m market cap when all coins are released to keep this price).  = no growth beyond 100k sats, and people will dump the price down once/if it hits 100k.

If we change to 7.5m max coins and stop PoW when anon wallet releases.  XC at 50k sats will have a market cap of 1.9m = much room for price growth & sustainability well past 200k sats or higher.  Do you understand the math behind this guys?  Total supply is important.  And 30m supply is too much for a coin with anon tech.  
agree
xD change it to 5.4 million

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kobaya74

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:57:08 PM

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to mine XC, cause supernova seems not so stable and efficient..
please let me know,

Thanks

Not so stable and efficient ?

We're rock solid since hour 1 of the coin Smiley

Some rounds efficiency look a bit weird because some folks are still trying to mine X11 coins with scrypt, but this does not affect your payout at all, it just falses the round stats, so don't worry.

I'm watching the pool very, very closely all the time, we're running fine.

ok, but why "Pool Efficiency"  is 0.62% ?
and why I lost https session each time I refresh page ?

I stay there for now, thanks to let me know Smiley

Pool Efficiency looks bad due to folks trying to mine with scrypt instead of X11. The pool rejects those shares, but the folks keep sending them, that makes the round look "weird" due to much invalid shares from those scrypt users. The scrypt users won't get paid for the shares, therefore the pool "thinks" this round as lower efficiency.

https is indeed "banged" at the moment as people are pressing F5 over their worker stats many times.. Since 80% of the pool's power is on the stratums, the remaining 20% for the webserver is (currently) a bit low, I'll try to compensate this evening so webserver will be faster again.

I can confirm that https://xc.suprnova.cc is rock solid. Frontend is lagging a little bit, and sometimes you need to reload few times to get page running. But backend is running perfect, I mined with mine 45MH/s and got all the coins I was expecting. Problem is I dont know what pool to put as backup, cant find any so stable and with over 10GH/s.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:59:38 PM

Yes I see it, but nevertheless I don't think it is good for the long term run. For example some investors avoid nxt because they have a distribution problem. I don't know if it is possible to have a richlist for anon coin but still the doubt for an unfair distribution is enough to avoid people. In the next month there will be plenty of anon coins and we have to compete with them. people have the choice. They will not pick a scam coin.

I guess I don't see how how whether mining goes on for 1 day or 1,000 days really effects distribution, either way it is the big multipools who will be getting all the coins.

If you want the coin then why not buy it, at this point it's just a few cents a coin, hardly expensive.

I agree. Stop the pow at 7.5 million coins. One tenth of blackcoin would be a great selling point to the rarity and value. Stop the pools from selling this coin into the ground. This is why other coins don't have 100day PoW periods. Investors lose confidence with the continued selling by the pools. We should petition the dev cut his premine down to the same percentage of total coins and stop the PoW at 7.5mil coins.

+1 from me as well.  Multipools dumping will hurt the price that the first PoS coin with anon wallet deserves.  Something needs to be done about the current mining phase / supply cap.  If miners want to mine XC, let them do so from a XC multipool -- which will raise the price of XC rather than lower it.

If it stays as is - there will be 30m total supply and if this goes to 50k sats, there will be 7.8m market cap = no room to move up.  If price runs to 100k sats, people will dump (because it will need to be 15m market cap when all coins are released to keep this price).  = no growth beyond 100k sats, and people will dump the price down once/if it hits 100k.

If we change to 7.5m max coins and stop PoW when anon wallet releases.  XC at 50k sats will have a market cap of 1.9m = much room for price growth & sustainability well past 200k sats or higher.  Do you understand the math behind this guys?  Total supply is important.  And 30m supply is too much for a coin with anon tech.  

Then stop the pump and dump, mine and hold, and buy coins from multipool dumpers.

Notice only thing being discussed here is price?

Not the tech, not the long term prospects or health of the coin, not sticking to the spec laid out in the ANN (which in my view is a signed contract between miners, investors, and the community when mining starts), not what is fair or right.

Your only argument is "WE NEED LESS COINS SO PRICE CAN PUMP AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!".

Surprise surprise coming from a CINNI dev.

Atcsecure, if you cannot see this scam artist for what he is and what he is trying to do, turn your coin into just another pump and dump which you specifically stated you did not want to see happen, you are blind.

For the record, I hold 18k XC and am mining it, and am tempted more and more to dump them everyday if this is the direction the coin is taking.
dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:03:08 PM

Then stop the pump and dump, mine and hold, and buy coins from multipool dumpers.

Not the tech, not the long term prospects or health of the coin, not sticking to the spec laid out in the ANN (which in my view is a signed contract between miners, investors, and the community when mining starts), not what is fair or right.

Your only argument is "WE NEED LESS COINS SO PRICE CAN PUMP AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!".

Atcsecure, if you cannot see this scam artist for what he is and what he is trying to do, turn your coin into just another pump and dump which you specifically stated you did not want to see happen, you are blind.

For the record, I hold 18k XC and am mining it, and am tempted more and more to dump them everyday if this is the direction the coin is taking.

altough i agree whit u
the problem i see is the multipools mine and dump this coin to the ground if u let them ( witch is also bad for the coins health )

we need a way to make this coin (* or the mining ) less popular for multipools )

lol no ty
Trezi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:03:23 PM

This is right my point, ty. Too much greed and not enough results until now. So I hope the dev will consider carefully.
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:03:52 PM

Obviously from a miner making a killing...whats best for the coin is getting investors, not miners. Investors will be chased off with the steady dump by you miners.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

I'm new here, but I also agree 7.5 million is the way to go.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:06:16 PM

Obviously from a miner making a killing...whats best for the coin is getting investors, not miners. Investors will be chased off with the steady dump by you miners.

i agree  i like pos coins cus the miners cant endlesly dump a coin to shit ( look @ doge and ltc ) there getting raped by miner who only think MH = BTC sell for USD

i am all for building a coimunity / platform whit a coin
but the amount of miners dumping every coin they can mine is fuckedup ( they aint mining the coin ) they are mining btc

lol no ty
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:06:48 PM

No one is pushing for a pump and dump.  We, if anything, are pushing to sustain a high value of this coin.  I am not saying the total supply has to be 7.5m, I was just going off of Veritas' example.  But, I think most of here can agree that the total supply and 100 day distribution phase is way too much, with nearly 80 GH/s net hash, and about 90% of that being multipools + individual mining farms.  This will make it so multipools dump to suppress the price and discourage investors, and those few individuals with mining farms / asics will end up with an unbelievably large share.

The best way for growth is for people collect XC by BUYING it, not mining it.  And people will buy it if the dev team delivers.  But people are less likely to buy it if they know for the next 2 months multipools will be dumping into their low-ball buy orders.  And after 2 months of mining are over, anon tech will probably common.  Come on people, think.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:08:08 PM

+1
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:09:32 PM

+1
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:10:01 PM

No one is pushing for a pump and dump.  We, if anything, are pushing to sustain a high value of this coin.  I am not saying the total supply has to be 7.5m, I was just going off of Veritas' example.  But, I think most of here can agree that the total supply and 100 day distribution phase is way too much, with nearly 80 GH/s net hash, and about 90% of that being multipools + individual mining farms.  This will make it so multipools dump to suppress the price and discourage investors, and those few individuals with mining farms / asics will end up with an unbelievably large share.

The best way for growth is for people to BUY the coin.  Not mine it.  And people will buy it if the dev team delivers.

This x1000
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:12:39 PM

There is a profit motive here for both the investors and for the miners. The question is: which will build long term value, catering to the miners desire for quick profit by mining and dumping, or do you want to go after investors who will build out the coin ecosystem and improve the long term value of the coin. I'd say, without question, make the right moves to acquire investors.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:15:55 PM

you could make both happy by lowering pow coins but extending mining period by halving blocks...but miners still won't be happy..bunch of girls they are. i  say just lower the coins to between 7 and 10 million and they can just buy..like we had to.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:16:27 PM

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to mine XC, cause supernova seems not so stable and efficient..
please let me know,

Thanks

Not so stable and efficient ?

We're rock solid since hour 1 of the coin Smiley

Some rounds efficiency look a bit weird because some folks are still trying to mine X11 coins with scrypt, but this does not affect your payout at all, it just falses the round stats, so don't worry.

I'm watching the pool very, very closely all the time, we're running fine.

They are basically perfect.

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:17:42 PM

The less coins and faster POW the better, I think POW is a silly ritual to get to POS status as it is.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:18:10 PM

To all bitching about multipools, they exist, we know this, so stop bitching.  If multipool miners don't see the value in XC, let them dump and buy it from them.  Continue mining and hold.

I am all for a good old pump and dump, made alot off of shit coins.

XC was supposed to be different.  XC was supposed to be about fairness, long term growth, new ideas, new technology, organic growth and not manipulated growth.

When it comes down to it, all of this whining is 100% about HIGHEST PRICE NOW IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION,  pump pump, dump dump!

There is literally no other reason to change the reward scheme or mining period.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:20:09 PM

To all bitching about multipools, they exist, we know this, so stop bitching.  If multipool miners don't see the value in XC, let them dump and buy it from them.  Continue mining and hold.

I am all for a good old pump and dump, made alot off of shit coins.

XC was supposed to be different.  XC was supposed to be about fairness, long term growth, new ideas, new technology, organic growth and not manipulated growth.

When it comes down to it, all of this whining is 100% about HIGHEST PRICE NOW IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION,  pump pump, dump dump!

There is literally no other reason to change the reward scheme or mining period.
what's not fair about reducing pow?? ohhh because you can't mine them for practically nothing, now i see what's not fair
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:20:59 PM

If they can pull off what they claim, people can dump all they like and the coin will still win. If you worry about whales and PnDers you are looking at it wrong. Let them pump if they want, if the coin is good enough it will survive that and get more attention.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:22:01 PM

big coin price catches eyes of big investors that's what we want, go mine something else if you don't think it's fair
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: