Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:14:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268356 times)
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:07:40 AM

Wake up people...if you really care about the coin you will get on board with this plan. XC has to be the first full PoS coin with anon.
Did you all see how much the BC community grew with the run up a month ago? The run in price (on a quality coin) attracted a crazy amount of developers and community members. Over last month many, many exciting things are in the pipeline being worked on now because of that run. We cant expect the XC devs to do all the innovation in this coin. A big jump in price puts XC in another league. It attracts  growth...just like DRK. It was quite around DRK one month ago...look at it now.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:14:59 AM

Ya -- I really cannot stress enough how necessary it is to reduce total supply and PoW phase.  Can't sleep because my mind is all worked up about this.  I want what is best for the longevity of this coin.  Just think about it:

If things remain unchanged -- what group will be holding the majority control on the price once anon features go live?  Will it be the miners (selling the price down) or investors  (buying the price up)?  It will be 100% be the miners holding majority control --> because 75% of all coins will be minted in 2 months (this is way too many coins way too soon) especially considering that XC's biggest selling point was already delivered two months ago (by that point in time).

Again, this would be somewhat of a different story if anon features released near or at the end of PoW phase (because the expectation would help sustain buyer confidence).  But it is not.  Anon feature is the "hot thing" right now, and the hype around it will only be suppressed as 25 million more XC flood the market in two months.  People buy on news and sell on fact.  Once anon feature (the news) is released, XC will have an extremely hard time increasing in value in light of 25m (75%) of the supply being minted and thrown into the market.  Two months of sell offs is a long time and will assuredly decrease buyer confidence.  

Not to mention, 2 months down the road, there will surely be another coin to be 100% PoS with anon features before we reach our 100% PoS stage.  It is crucial that XC becomes 100% PoS with anon feature before any other coin.

XC needs to reduce both total supply and PoW phase to help ensure healthy / constant buy pressure.  DRK reduced their block reward (and probably would have done more, had they been PoS), because they knew this move was necessary as they drew nearer to implementing darksend.  DRK team is really genius when it comes to creating market demand (for this reason and their requiring of 10,000 DRK taken off the market for each masternode).

This is exactly correct as veritasBS said:

Let me walk you through what will happen if the coin specs stay how they are currently:
1) There will be a big run in price when this PoS coin is the first to release the wallet.
2) We will get to a market cap of say 10 million.
3) There will be a fast decline in price but because this IS a coin with a quality dev and features, it will level off to some where around 6 million market cap.
4) Then 25 million more coins will come flooding in to the market over next 100 days. The price per coin will start a slow decline to 1/5 of where it was when it settled after the run.
5)The investors will only take so much loss and jump ship somewhere in the decline.
6) By the time PoW ends, you have many coins on the market with the EXACT same features so you no longer have an advantage.

The opportunity is NOW to make this a lasting coin. Use the advantage the dev has built to  make this the premier anon coin...anything else is poor management.

My Proposal:
10m coins (or less) and let PoW continue for another 1-2 weeks (1 is best) max with reduced block rewards.  

This will help allow for market cap growth, will help ensure XC is the first 100% PoS coin with anon tech, and will give time for an XC multipool to be set up and launched immediately when PoW ends.

Either this, or extend the PoW mining period years into the future with greatly reduced block rewards.  I think this is better than changing nothing (I still think that the first 100% PoS anon featured coin is this coins biggest selling point).  But if it remains the same --> yes, this coin will still be successful (if anon releases), but all I see is unnecessary value suppression for the future of this coin.

So true, I am sending this comment to the BTC devs immediately in hopes they cut off PoW supply and shift to PoS immediately.

If a coin has true value, it will rise.  End of story.  If the entire DRK rise is due to devs "creating market demand" as you put it (others would call it market manipulation, potato, potatoe), then the true value of DRK is not .025 BTC.

If alts need to resort to these types of tactics then maybe ::gasp:: the true value of virtually all alt coins is 0?

Yes, idiots buy the brand new coin to hit the market when the supply is low, and then, surprise surprise, price drops because they do not spend 2 minutes doing the math to figure out this coin is still in a stage of astronomical inflation.  That is an example of an unsavvy investor, not a poorly designed coin.

And what would be so wrong with miners controlling 75% of all the XC?  They invest money into the mining equipment, electricity, time, and ya know, keep the network of a PoW coin alive.

Miners mine the coins, investors buy them from the miners.  That's how it works.  If miners see no value in the alts they are mining, well yeah, they are gonna dump for BTC.  If there is value in the coin, they will mine and hold.  Why is it that miners getting more XC bothers you so much?  Could it be because your share of XC will be diluted, and the market won't be able to be controlled by a small group of market manipulators?

Maybe you are right though, it is true that a coin will rise faster and higher with a quick mining period to put the coins in the hands of as few people as possible.  It will rise as far as those manipulating the market will allow it to.  Until the giant red candle hits.  Hold on......lemme check CINNI price really quick.  YIKES!  Order books looking sickly.  Ya must have dumped at 38k satoshis huh?  Why didn't you apply your genius to "create market demand" for CINNI?  Oh, the market demand will be created with CINNI's innovative encrypted messaging system right?  I saw the little pictogram on twitter, it looks like something I would scrawl on a napkin to explain public key encryption to a 5 year old.  Innovation!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 09:21:25 AM

Ya -- I really cannot stress enough how necessary it is to reduce total supply and PoW phase.  Can't sleep because my mind is all worked up about this.  I want what is best for the longevity of this coin.  Just think about it:

If things remain unchanged -- what group will be holding the majority control on the price once anon features go live?  Will it be the miners (selling the price down) or investors  (buying the price up)?  It will be 100% be the miners holding majority control --> because 75% of all coins will be minted in 2 months (this is way too many coins way too soon) especially considering that XC's biggest selling point was already delivered two months ago (by that point in time).

Again, this would be somewhat of a different story if anon features released near or at the end of PoW phase (because the expectation would help sustain buyer confidence).  But it is not.  Anon feature is the "hot thing" right now, and the hype around it will only be suppressed as 25 million more XC flood the market in two months.  People buy on news and sell on fact.  Once anon feature (the news) is released, XC will have an extremely hard time increasing in value in light of 25m (75%) of the supply being minted and thrown into the market.  Two months of sell offs is a long time and will assuredly decrease buyer confidence.  

Not to mention, 2 months down the road, there will surely be another coin to be 100% PoS with anon features before we reach our 100% PoS stage.  It is crucial that XC becomes 100% PoS with anon feature before any other coin.

XC needs to reduce both total supply and PoW phase to help ensure healthy / constant buy pressure.  DRK reduced their block reward (and probably would have done more, had they been PoS), because they knew this move was necessary as they drew nearer to implementing darksend.  DRK team is really genius when it comes to creating market demand (for this reason and their requiring of 10,000 DRK taken off the market for each masternode).

Let me walk you through what will happen if the coin specs stay how they are currently:
1) There will be a big run in price when this PoS coin is the first to release the wallet.
3) There will be a fast decline in price but because this IS a coin with a quality dev and features, it will level off to some where around 6 million market cap.
4) Then 25 million more coins will come flooding in to the market over next 100 days. The price per coin will start a slow decline to 1/5 of where it was when it settled after the run.
5)The investors will only take so much loss and jump ship somewhere in the decline.
6) By the time PoW ends, you have many coins on the market with the EXACT same features so you no longer have an advantage.

The opportunity is NOW to make this a lasting coin. Use the advantage the dev has built to  make this the premier anon coin...anything else is poor management.

My Proposal:
10m coins (or less) and let PoW continue for another 1-2 weeks (1 is best) max with reduced block rewards.  

This will help allow for market cap growth, will help ensure XC is the first 100% PoS coin with anon tech, and will give time for an XC multipool to be set up and launched immediately when PoW ends.

Either this, or extend the PoW mining period years into the future with greatly reduced block rewards.  I think this is better than changing nothing (I still think that the first 100% PoS anon featured coin is this coins biggest selling point).  But if it remains the same --> yes, this coin will still be successful (if anon releases), but all I see is unnecessary value suppression for the future of this coin.

So true, I am sending this comment to the BTC devs immediately in hopes they cut off PoW supply and shift to PoS immediately.

If a coin has true value, it will rise.  End of story.  If the entire DRK rise is due to devs "creating market demand" as you put it (others would call it market manipulation, potato, potatoe), then the true value of DRK is not .025 BTC.

If alts need to resort to these types of tactics then maybe ::gasp:: the true value of virtually all alt coins is 0?

Yes, idiots buy the brand new coin to hit the market when the supply is low, and then, surprise surprise, price drops because they do not spend 2 minutes doing the math to figure out this coin is still in a stage of astronomical inflation.  That is an example of an unsavvy investor, not a poorly designed coin.

And what would be so wrong with miners controlling 75% of all the XC?  They invest money into the mining equipment, electricity, time, and ya know, keep the network of a PoW coin alive.

Miners mine the coins, investors buy them from the miners.  That's how it works.  If miners see no value in the alts they are mining, well yeah, they are gonna dump for BTC.  If there is value in the coin, they will mine and hold.  Why is it that miners getting more XC bothers you so much?  Could it be because your share of XC will be diluted, and the market won't be able to be controlled by a small group of market manipulators?

Maybe you are right though, it is true that a coin will rise faster and higher with a quick mining period to put the coins in the hands of as few people as possible.  It will rise as far as those manipulating the market will allow it to.  Until the giant red candle hits.  Hold on......lemme check CINNI price really quick.  YIKES!  Order books looking sickly.  Ya must have dumped at 38k satoshis huh?  Why didn't you apply your genius to "create market demand" for CINNI?  Oh, the market demand will be created with CINNI's innovative encrypted messaging system right?  I saw the little pictogram on twitter, it looks like something I would scrawl on a napkin to explain public key encryption to a 5 year old.  Innovation!
wow ur an asshole sorry but you just are..
sixteendigits

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:27:42 AM

My Proposal:

I'm an asshole, or I'm the only one here telling it like it is.  Again, potato, potatoe.
veritasBS

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:31:50 AM

My Proposal:

I'm an asshole, or I'm the only one here telling it like it is.  Again, potato, potatoe.
You arguments are logically deficient...Dunning-Kruger effect or troll...potato, potatoe.
sixteendigits

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:43:32 AM

My Proposal:

You arguments are logically deficient...Dunning-Kruger effect or troll...potato, potatoe.

ad hominem
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:51:20 AM

My Proposal:

I forgot, Bitcoin didn't attract all the new investors to it because of the astronomical rise in value.  Nope, it was due to the crashes that it went through.   

Wait a minute...

Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:53:31 AM

Please be kind to each other.
Trivelius

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:59:46 AM

Hello,
Do we have a specified announcement or wait for the developer to include any time. But also, does anyone have direct experience of teamviewer screenshots  Huh

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:00:37 AM

Thanks for adding the logo, I made to op. The bounty address is here XMWQ5pwY2hPvsjNCY7GfSfvHMyQzac2DQq but as I said in the email don't worry to much about it.
Synarchist

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:00:50 AM

TXID search function on block explorer does NOT work FYI
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:03:10 AM

Just getting caught up - so is a wallet with full anonymity going to be demonstrated in a completely transparent manner to a wide audience on Sunday or will the teamviewer session be limited to a few people with a vested interest in saying "it's all good - everything works fine." I'm assuming the original promise Sunday hasn't changed, or has it?
kerhso

Activity: 284

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:09:24 AM

Confirm how long the reduction in supply, and where to vote?

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:13:13 AM

Just getting caught up - so is a wallet with full anonymity going to be demonstrated in a completely transparent manner to a wide audience on Sunday or will the teamviewer session be limited to a few people with a vested interest in saying "it's all good - everything works fine." I'm assuming the original promise Sunday hasn't changed, or has it?

a wallet with full anonymity going to be released (linux version)
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

My Proposal:

He is actually right. He is not an asshole he is just telling how it is. Why should the dev change coin specs, just because some unexperienced people that call themseves "investors" did not do their homework and have unrealistic expectations?
What is going to happen when the coin bubbles after reducing pow? Reduce it again to keep the price at this level?

And finally look at all these 100% ipo coins that hit the market last weeks. They just bubbled ... and entered freefall mode after that.

That's just how the altcoingame is. You can make insane profits but you can also burn all your btc.

If the dev is commited and does good work the coin will be able to withstand the mining pressure and/or recover from big dumps. If it doesn't so be it!

+1

I think everyone should back off and let the dev work on the wallet. He created this coin so he shouldn't feel pressure to change any specs.
kerhso

Activity: 284

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:37:06 AM

a wallet with full anonymity going to be released (linux version)

What time out?

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:48:01 AM

for those wondering about pos heres my 2nd block hoping it confirms first did  Smiley

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:53:53 AM

for those wondering about pos heres my 2nd block hoping it confirms first did  Smiley

do we have pos now?

42    X11Coin   $ 433,663   $ 0.094274   4,600,040 XC   $ 164,332   ?
jay_pilch

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:56:43 AM

No whitepaper.

Only person who saw Teamview was a CinniCoin Dev (Community manager not a coder), the pictures posted show nothing besides a Chat Box.

Planned public Teamview today was not followed through on, no comment on reason why.

Reduction in PoW duration.

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/24/cinnicoin-updates-x11-mining-switching-to-xc-extra-developers-hired-for-encrypted-messaging

I'm not saying this is a scam, but it sure does raise some red flags. I'm not here to deter anyone, just to keep people informed.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:03:59 AM

will wait for the update from dev team now!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: