Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:16:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

Another option, why not keep the coin count as-is, just decrease block rewards, increase difficulty drastically, let POS work on any mined coins and be done with it?

One reason DRK will be worth so much is mining for 1 DRK is like mining for 1 LTC and probably soon even 1 BTC.

I think fast mines is why so many POW coins like Myriadcoin have failed to attain any value, mining should be an EXERCISE to get a coin, not something you just sit back with your rig and watch the coins come pouring in by the thousands, it's not valuable if it takes little work to get one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evtrmm

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

So much for "Community"

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

This is shit - waiting for the dev because his decision will affect the price. I'm ready to dump or pump. But it's not funny. It's FUD. And it's highly unprofessional to change a coins specifications afterwards... same with the anon and all the other stuff.

Changing to ANON was part of the game plan.   It was laid out since day 1.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:33:18 PM

in the next 3 months the total amount mined will be 17 if the miners have there way, from 4 to 17 million in 3 months! then pos kicks in for the rest bringing it up to 33 million total, we want to reduce it so not so many coins flood the market, but they are crying and not using there brains

It is not "if the miners have there way".  That is how the atsecure layed out the plan. you and others want to change the rules in the middle of the game.  To me, that is not fair.  

Though I do benefit from the proposed changes, I just think it is too late to change it.
the DEV!! you know the guy who is running the show, SAID, that the community can decide and we are, your just out numbered that's all

no, someone PROPOSED it to him and he said he would make the change if the community agreed.  and OF COURSE they will agree since they all (myself included) currently hold XC.  

Funny thing is that many of us have been on this since launch, have known from day 1 the plan, and it is only once greed ensues that people insist on changing.  This was not proposed before the price skyrocketed and the "Investors" got in.  

People late gonna hate

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
ballzdeep

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:33:39 PM

Another option, why not keep the coin count as-is, just decrease block rewards, increase difficulty drastically, let POS work on any mined coins and be done with it?

One reason DRK will be worth so much is mining for 1 DRK is like mining for 1 LTC and probably soon even 1 BTC.

I think fast mines is why so many POW coins like Myriadcoin have failed to attain any value, mining should be an EXERCISE to get a coin, not something you just sit back with your rig and watch the coins come pouring in by the thousands, it's not valuable if it takes little work to get one.

yes this is good alternative, I would keep mining this till the end nomatter what is decided...

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:33:53 PM

I am a miner and I also buy coins.  The dev has done us great so far!

Whatever he chooses to do, I am sure he has the best intentions for the coin in doing so.

Told you guys its gonna be huge lol  Grin Grin Grin

dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

i could see this work to

lol no ty
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

i could agree to that, still cut the coins down in pow but also cut the blocks so miners can mine far into the future, and the wallet can still have pos
evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

only a few miners whining anyway...

this is when people lose respect for greedy idiots like yourself
Trezi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:35:42 PM

This is shit - waiting for the dev because his decision will affect the price. I'm ready to dump or pump. But it's not funny. It's FUD. And it's highly unprofessional to change a coins specifications afterwards... same with the anon and all the other stuff.

I disagree.  It is not unprofessional in the least.  Directions change.  Coins adapt.  If a businesses never adapted it's visions / plans to compete in a highly competitive market, it would fail.  It is no different with coins.  It is a wise and humble thing to recognize a better business strategy and adapt to it.  Of course -- it is the dev's choice.  I think its safe to say that all of us will stand by him and support the coin no matter what he chooses to do.

Right but if you have a vision and a good concept you don't have to change your direction after... uhm 15 days.

Changing to ANON was part of the game plan.   It was laid out since day 1.

You are right, point taken.

Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:37:03 PM

You are ASIC minner. This why you dont like this...
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:38:20 PM

u want a tissue mate lol  Roll Eyes i'm not greedy...and your the idiot..the current idea is bad..for everyone
spicelord

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:40:13 PM

I got home and saw so many new pages, but I don't think they're worth reading ^^^^^^ except for the relevant coin news

MrWHALE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:41:11 PM

Yes I see it, but nevertheless I don't think it is good for the long term run. For example some investors avoid nxt because they have a distribution problem. I don't know if it is possible to have a richlist for anon coin but still the doubt for an unfair distribution is enough to avoid people. In the next month there will be plenty of anon coins and we have to compete with them. people have the choice. They will not pick a scam coin.

I guess I don't see how how whether mining goes on for 1 day or 1,000 days really effects distribution, either way it is the big multipools who will be getting all the coins.

If you want the coin then why not buy it, at this point it's just a few cents a coin, hardly expensive.

I agree. Stop the pow at 7.5 million coins. One tenth of blackcoin would be a great selling point to the rarity and value. Stop the pools from selling this coin into the ground. This is why other coins don't have 100day PoW periods. Investors lose confidence with the continued selling by the pools. We should petition the dev cut his premine down to the same percentage of total coins and stop the PoW at 7.5mil coins.

This gets a +1 from me as well

+1 from me as well.  Multipools dumping will hurt the price that the first PoS coin with anon wallet deserves.  Something needs to be done about the current mining phase / supply cap.  If miners want to mine XC, let them do so from a XC multipool -- which will raise the price of XC rather than lower it.

If it stays as is - there will be 30m total supply and if this goes to 50k sats, there will be 7.8m market cap = no room to move up.  If price runs to 100k sats, people will dump (because it will need to be 15m market cap when all coins are released to keep this price).  = no growth beyond 100k sats, and people will dump the price down once/if it hits 100k.

If we change to 7.5m max coins and stop PoW when anon wallet releases.  XC at 50k sats will have a market cap of 1.9m = much room for price growth & sustainability well past 200k sats or higher.  Do you understand the math behind this guys?  Total supply is important.  And 30m supply is too much for a coin with anon tech.  

Then stop the pump and dump, mine and hold, and buy coins from multipool dumpers.

Notice only thing being discussed here is price?

Not the tech, not the long term prospects or health of the coin, not sticking to the spec laid out in the ANN (which in my view is a signed contract between miners, investors, and the community when mining starts), not what is fair or right.

Your only argument is "WE NEED LESS COINS SO PRICE CAN PUMP AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!".

Surprise surprise coming from a CINNI dev.

Atcsecure, if you cannot see this scam artist for what he is and what he is trying to do, turn your coin into just another pump and dump which you specifically stated you did not want to see happen, you are blind.

For the record, I hold 18k XC and am mining it, and am tempted more and more to dump them everyday if this is the direction the coin is taking.

No one is pushing for a pump and dump.  We, if anything, are pushing to sustain a high value of this coin.  I am not saying the total supply has to be 7.5m, I was just going off of Veritas' example.  But, I think most of here can agree that the total supply and 100 day distribution phase is way too much, with nearly 80 GH/s net hash, and about 90% of that being multipools + individual mining farms.  This will make it so multipools dump to suppress the price and discourage investors, and those few individuals with mining farms / asics will end up with an unbelievably large share.

The best way for growth is for people collect XC by BUYING it, not mining it.  And people will buy it if the dev team delivers.  But people are less likely to buy it if they know for the next 2 months multipools will be dumping into their low-ball buy orders.  And after 2 months of mining are over, anon tech will probably common.  Come on people, think.

I agree.. and I am a miner. But I also work for Cryptsy, and can safely say from experience, that regardless of tech as soon as most coins get listed they get dumped in to oblivion by miners looking for BTC. That being said, miners should absolutely be involved in the initial distribution of a coin. The argument that "they should buy like the rest of us" can just as easily be reversed to "they should mine like the rest of us". For equal and fair distribution to come in to play, anyone should be able to acquire at least a minimal amount of coin. And for a LOT of people, mining on there gaming GPU is their only option. So why should a coin be limited to only those who can afford to invest capital in it? It would be no different than real world markets, where investors with the most money own the market.

I do however think there is something to be said for limiting the total amount of PoW minted coins. Miners are going to dump, end of story. My personal electric bill to run my rigs is round about $1000 USD per month. If that isn't investing in something I don't know what is. And many miners have substantially higher bills than I. The trick will be finding a fair and popular consensus among both miners and investors. Not all investors are going to hold and not all miners are going to dump. My $1000 dollar electric bill is no less of an investment than a $1000 wire transfer to Coinbase. So neglecting either demographic would be a wise idea.

Frankly, I would vote for decreasing the amount of coins minted via PoW. Either by a decrease on the block reward, or simply shorting the mining period... or both. I will however leave actual hard numbers to wiser folks than I. As I have no idea what a viable "coin cap" would be.

Yes, I agree with you for the most part.  But as VeritasBS already said:

"There is a profit motive here for both the investors and for the miners. The question is: which will build long term value, catering to the miners desire for quick profit by mining and dumping, or do you want to go after investors who will build out the coin ecosystem and improve the long term value of the coin. I'd say, without question, make the right moves to acquire investors."

Investors who BUY are much more crucial to a coins long-term success than miners who DUMP.

Agreed, but in a fledgling market volume is needed. And long term investors do not increase volume when they are all holding. Hence why so many "IPO" style coins fall flat on their face or get dumped by "investors" due to panic. Again though, I agree with you on the need for a significantly reduced PoW stage/coins. The questions is not so much, should miners be excluded? It's to late for that argument anyway. It's, at what point should they be cut off? A limited PoW period drives volume, which is good if it can be effectively managed.  Frankly, I am not worried about investors, the Anon wallet alone will bring them flocking. I know I for one am now an investor in regards to the few thousand XC i managed to mine. Tongue

Agreed.  My proposal is total supply: 10m coins and let PoW continue for another 1-2 weeks max with reduced block rewards.  This will give XC enough time to get a proper XC multipool created so miners can continue mining after PoW is over, and instead of mining to dump XC, they will be mining to buy XC

+1 to almost everything here.
Trezi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:42:23 PM

I got home and saw so many new pages, but I don't think they're worth reading ^^^^^^ except for the relevant coin news

Nothing special mate. Discussion about coin POW phase took place and people like me who want to get rid of their newbie status  Wink
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

i could agree to that, still cut the coins down in pow but also cut the blocks so miners can mine far into the future, and the wallet can still have pos

That is roughly what Darkcoin did, although it is a permanent POW coin, they lowered rewards. People still mine it, value of coins went up. People that follow DRK still greatly respect it because Evan constantly innovates. XC appears like an innovative coin. DRK is #3 market cap and aiming at LTC now, so, seems that change didn't hurt DRK at all. As a miner I support it. I will mine it now, I will mine it then.

dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:54:00 PM

I agree

The number of pow is very important

but first

The dev's action is most important.

But there is no action.
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:57:01 PM

I agree

The number of pow is very important

but first

The dev's action is most important.

But there is no action.

I imagine the dev is coding.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:57:18 PM

That is roughly what Darkcoin did, although it is a permanent POW coin, they lowered rewards. People still mine it, value of coins went up. People that follow DRK still greatly respect it because Evan constantly innovates. XC appears like an innovative coin. DRK is #3 market cap and aiming at LTC now, so, seems that change didn't hurt DRK at all. As a miner I support it. I will mine it now, I will mine it then.
i agree with that completely as well, a set up like DRK would be perfect, and the miners would be happy, i don't want to cut the miners out, i just don't want 10 million + coins created in the next 3 months if it was like DRK or BTC it would be perfect, but with pos obviously
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:58:18 PM

It is highly professional to update and modify the coin to be more effective and successful actually. Those that make a coin and walk away, that is unprofessional.

kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

So what's going on with this coin?  I'm ready to invest but what are people getting upset about?  Something about the dev changing how many coins will be in existence?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: