Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:00:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
MrWHALE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:42:55 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 12:54:02 AM by MrWHALE

I love how everyone here "believes" in this coin but are screaming to change the specs at an attempt to make it more rare. I hold quite of a few of these coins and I vote to leave it alone. Changing the specs is only an attempt to manipulate the price, which totally implies pump and dump. If the wallet actually is released and works the specs will not matter. It is good for a coin to increase in value, but to manipulate the specs in order to do this would make this nothing but a pump and dump with a good feature.

If you follow the mining pools, you will notice that there are literally multiple users with GH/s taking major coins from the POW phase.

You know what they will do with those coins....?   DUMP and literally kill investors that have bought and miners that have hell their coins.   How is that good for any long term health of the coin if the very same people that have supported your coins from the beginning?

Yes.  Many pools have users with 2-5 GH/s to themselves.  But likely this is one person or a select few splitting up workers on different accounts.  And once the anon feature goes public, this type of thing will only get worse.  Changing the total coin supply / block reward at the time of release is the best time to do it.

Listen, there are people out there who own giant asic farms.  If the anon feature actually releases, these people will RUSH to set their 50 GH/s farms on the pools 24/7.  After mining that for two months, expect people with these asic farms to own anywhere from 10-20% of the total coins each.  This is just stupid and will kill the coin.  

You can't think you can release something like anon tech and not have it attract the biggest farms in the world to utterly dominate mining and control the coin, that is ignorant.  DRK reduced their block reward, no one complained.  

In most other cases, I would agree, don't change anything.  But this is unique, we are talking about anon tech here.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:47:31 AM

I love how everyone here "believes" in this coin but are screaming to change the specs at an attempt to make it more rare. I hold quite of a few of these coins and I vote to leave it alone. Changing the specs is only an attempt to manipulate the price, which totally implies pump and dump. If the wallet actually is released and works the specs will not matter. It is good for a coin to increase in value, but to manipulate the specs in order to do this would make this nothing but a pump and dump with a good feature.

If you follow the mining pools, you will notice that there are literally multiple users with GH/s taking major coins from the POW phase.

You know what they will do with those coins....?   DUMP and literally kill investors that have bought and miners that have hell their coins.   How is that good for any long term health of the coin if the very same people that have supported your coins from the beginning?

Again all this who will have what and who will dump what is nothing but pump and dump talk. If this coin can not survive being dumped then what is the point? Remember crypto is supposed to be about innovation not so you can profit in a week. How long did btc holders have to hold to cash in? If the coin has something people want the price nor the amount of coins for sale will affect its longevity. Coins do not become btc level simply by going up on your favorite exchange, unless we are talking pump and dump of course.
brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:48:21 AM

I keep seeing asics mentioned in the thread.  So its true that these things can mine X11 algo already?
veritasBS

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:01:51 AM

Again all this who will have what and who will dump what is nothing but pump and dump talk. If this coin can not survive being dumped then what is the point? Remember crypto is supposed to be about innovation not so you can profit in a week. How long did btc holders have to hold to cash in? If the coin has something people want the price nor the amount of coins for sale will affect its longevity. Coins do not become btc level simply by going up on your favorite exchange, unless we are talking pump and dump of course.
Let me walk you through what will happen if the coin specks stay how they are currently.
1) There will be a big run in price when this PoS coin is the first to release the wallet.
2) We will get to a market cap of say 10 million.
3) There will be a fast decline in price but because this IS a coin with a quality dev and features, it will level off to some where around 6 million market cap.
4) Then 25 million more coins will come flooding in to the market over next 100 days. The price per coin will start a slow decline to 1/5 of where it was when it settled after the run.
5)The investors will only take so much loss and jump ship somewhere in the decline.
6) By the time PoW ends, you have many coins on the market with the EXACT same features so you no longer have an advantage.

The opportunity is NOW to make this a lsting coin. Use the advantage the dev has built to  make this the primer anon coin...anything else is poor management.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:05:57 AM

All I hear is "please dev, I bought an assload really cheap and mined a ton on low difficulty, now cut off the supply so no one else in the world gets any!".

Shameless.
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

Let me walk you through what will happen if the coin specks stay how they are currently.
1) There will be a big run in price when this PoS coin is the first to release the wallet.
3) There will be a fast decline in price but because this IS a coin with a quality dev and features, it will level off to some where around 6 million market cap.
4) Then 25 million more coins will come flooding in to the market over next 100 days. The price per coin will start a slow decline to 1/5 of where it was when it settled after the run.
5)The investors will only take so much loss and jump ship somewhere in the decline.
6) By the time PoW ends, you have many coins on the market with the EXACT same features so you no longer have an advantage.

The opportunity is NOW to make this a lsting coin. Use the advantage the dev has built to  make this the primer anon coin...anything else is poor management.

I could not have said it better myself.  I was literally about to write something similar to this.  Anyone who has been in crypto and observed the life of coins and their markets long enough, knows that what veritasBS just wrote is very accurate.
sacskate

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:07:30 AM

All I hear is "please dev, I bought an assload really cheap and mined a ton on low difficulty, now cut off the supply so no one else in the world gets any!".

Shameless.

This x100000000000
sacskate

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:10:11 AM

The opportunity is NOW to make this a lsting coin. Use the advantage the dev has built to  make this the primer anon coin...anything else is poor management.

I could not have said it better myself.  I was literally about to write something similar to this.  Anyone who has been in crypto and observed the life of coins and their markets long enough, knows that what veritasBS just wrote is very accurate.

I've been around a while,  lol. That is accurate, but only for shitcoins that offer nothing lasting that is worth paying for, ie 99.99% of these coins.
battbot

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:10:34 AM

Shameless.

This x100000000000

You guys don't even bring logic or reasoning into your rebuttals.  We have been stating all day why it is optimal for XC to reduce total supply / block reward.  Your only rebuttal is that we are greedy.  Well, we can say the same thing to miners who have huge hashrates.  But we choose to focus on market patterns and coin statistics.

If this were an officiated debate -- you already would've lost.
sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:22:47 AM

I've been around a while,  lol. That is accurate, but only for shitcoins that offer nothing lasting that is worth paying for, ie 99.99% of these coins.

If all this coin boiled down to was anon, then yeah. Moon>copied to death>slow inevitable decline.

But the Dev seems innovative AND competent. Block chain 2.0 will mean he will have so much flexibility to improve on his core.

I'm hearing hype city here about anon. Wanna know what's really gonna make this coin valuable in the long run if the Dev can prove himself?

The fact that this Dev cares what his community wants, and he delivers. Anon is just a feather in x11's cap if the Dev keeps heading in the direction he is.

veritasBS

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:23:16 AM

I've been around a while,  lol. That is accurate, but only for shitcoins that offer nothing lasting that is worth paying for, ie 99.99% of these coins.
We need to seize the opportunity the dev has built...I am currently the largest known coin holder in six different alt coins in the top 30 on coimmarketcap. I have reinvested 100's of btc in the coins I hold through donations to the cause. I would like to take a long term position here but the situation I laid will happen here. I am in xc now for trading the anon news, weather or not i stay depends on if the change is made. I would like us all to make money together, but if you are not willing to build this coin into a powerhouse and in doing so make a killing...i will make a my money and leave.

sacskate

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:26:51 AM

Changing the specs is fine. Just call it what it is then. I do not care what the specs are honestly. It's just that changing them for this reason is showing the world that this coin is only worried about the short term price and making a profit. If the dev really has this great anon code then it would be a shame to waste it on a coin where the community only cares about its current price. How many bitcoin get dumped daily? People continue to buy bitcoin because it is useful and has an obvious future, so they know the coin will out last the current dump. These people see dumps as a chance to get cheap coins that in a few years will most likely be worth much more. If an alt coin is only only relying on the current price it is by definition nothing but a pump and dump coin. Go ahead and change the specs, if the the anon wallet is legit it won't matter. I'm simply pointing out that by doing so the community is admitting they do not believe the innovation in this coin can survive dumps. If you think your model is the best then you should be supported some pos only coin that was distributed through an ipo.
battbot

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Changing the specs is fine. Just call it what it is then. I do not care what the specs are honestly. It's just that changing them for this reason is showing the world that this coin is only worried about the short term price and making a profit. If the dev really has this great anon code then it would be a shame to waste it on a coin where the community only cares about its current price. How many bitcoin get dumped daily? People continue to buy bitcoin because it is useful and has an obvious future, so they know the coin will out last the current dump. These people see dumps as a chance to get cheap coins that in a few years will most likely be worth much more. If an alt coin is only only relying on the current price it is by definition nothing but a pump and dump coin. Go ahead and change the specs, if the the anon wallet is legit it won't matter. I'm simply pointing out that by doing so the community is admitting they do not believe the innovation in this coin can survive dumps. If you think your model is the best then you should be supported some pos only coin that was distributed through an ipo.

No, it is the opposite.  We are not worrying about the short term price -- but the long term price!!  Veritas just explained this above.  The main problem is that over 75% of the coins are going to be minted AFTER the biggest selling feature (anon tech) is released.  This is going to kill the coin in the long term.  People buy on news, and they sell on facts.  Why can't you guys understand this?  

Also -- it is taking an unnecessary risk to assume that the anon feature will defy the normal patterns of alt coins.  You cannot compare an alt coin's market patterns to BTC.  Why not heed our advice to ensure the highest probability of sustaining a healthy coin, long term?
sacskate

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:33:20 AM

I've been around a while,  lol. That is accurate, but only for shitcoins that offer nothing lasting that is worth paying for, ie 99.99% of these coins.
We need to seize the opportunity the dev has built...I am currently the largest known coin holder in six different alt coins in the top 30 on coimmarketcap. I have reinvested 100's of btc in the coins I hold through donations to the cause. I would like to take a long term position here but the situation I laid will happen here. I am in xc now for trading the anon news, weather or not i stay depends on if the change is made. I would like us all to make money together, but if you are not willing to build this coin into a powerhouse and in doing so make a killing...i will make a my money and leave.

Haha so basically you are saying the dev better change the specs or you dump? Nice. What's to stop you from waiting until the price goes up and then you dump? What if everyone in your position does that? Will that not have the same affect? It comes down to this. If the specs are changed the few top holders right now will either hold or dump. If they are not those big scary asic farms will dump to hundreds of other people, in turn spreading the holdings and your position becomes less impressive.

Edit: Either way if the anon wallet is successful and the dev continues to develop the coin will do just fine
veritasBS

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:36:02 AM

Haha so basically you are saying the dev better change the specs or you dump? Nice. What's to stop you from waiting until the price goes up and then you dump? What if everyone in your position does that? Will that not have the same affect? It comes down to this. If the specs are changed the few top holders right now will either hold or dump. If they are not those big scary asic farms will dump to hundreds of other people, in turn spreading the holdings and your position becomes less impressive.
I'm saying that if this coin is not structured for long term success i will take my profit after the news is out and leave...why would i stay? Why would anyone?
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:36:25 AM

Preach.  Roll Eyes

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:40:21 AM

I'm saying that if this coin is not structured for long term success i will take my profit after the news is out and leave...why would i stay? Why would anyone?

So pretty much its all about you. Change for me because I want it changed. You sealed the deal when you said you were the biggest wallet.

Did I invest, yes a little bit. I bought while people were selling on the first exchange. I also mined it too. I know what I want for a price, and IMO, the price is way higher right now than what I would settle for.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
sacskate

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:40:52 AM

Long term success relies on development of a coin and it's usefulness,  not the amount of coins or dumps. Those things are short term problems. Why not compare this coin to bitcoin?  Is it just another altcoin? When devs stop caring what their coins are worth on cryptsy and start actually developing new, useful ideas altcoins will become more than just an alternative to bitcoin coin.
veritasBS

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:43:19 AM

Long term success relies on development of a coin and it's usefulness,  not the amount of coins or dumps. Those things are short term problems. Why not compare this coin to bitcoin?  Is it just another altcoin? When devs stop caring what their coins are worth on cryptsy and start actually developing new, useful ideas altcoins will become more than just an alternative to bitcoin coin.
You dont understand...
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:44:21 AM

No, it is the opposite.  We are not worrying about the short term price -- but the long term price!!  Veritas just explained this above.  The main problem is that over 75% of the coins are going to be minted AFTER the biggest selling feature (anon tech) is released.  This is going to kill the coin in the long term.  People buy on news, and they sell on facts.  Why can't you guys understand this?  

Also -- it is taking an unnecessary risk to assume that the anon feature will defy the normal patterns of alt coins.  You cannot compare an alt coin's market patterns to BTC.  Why not heed our advice to ensure the highest probability of sustaining a healthy coin, long term?

+1000

Seriously, people that just say don't change because otherwise it becomes a shitcoin.  

Look... if a coin is killed by dumpers, it's going to take months if not years for the coin to ever recover.   We want the coin to succeed long term.   If you let massive miners take control of this coin, then you are really turning this into a shitcoin where faithful investors/holders are the ones that's going to get burned.

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: