Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:22:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:56:38 AM

We need to seize the opportunity the dev has built...I am currently the largest known coin holder in six different alt coins in the top 30 on coimmarketcap. I have reinvested 100's of btc in the coins I hold through donations to the cause. I would like to take a long term position here but the situation I laid will happen here. I am in xc now for trading the anon news, weather or not i stay depends on if the change is made. I would like us all to make money together, but if you are not willing to build this coin into a powerhouse and in doing so make a killing...i will make a my money and leave.

i can not agree with veritasBS anymore.

more anon coins are coming!

we have to seize the opportunity!

on the flip side, all the FAST distro POW' and then POS coins have failed too

That is debatable that all fast distro PoW/PoS coins have failed.  But ours is not that fast (as 3-7 days), this is why I proposed: 10m coins and let PoW continue for another 1-2 weeks max with reduced block rewards.  This will give XC enough time to get a proper XC multipool created so miners can continue mining after PoW is over, and instead of mining to dump XC, they will be mining to buy XC

This will give about 3-4 weeks total mining.  This is a nice and balanced PoW distro phase, IMO.  3 months is too long, but especially if 2 of those months are AFTER anon tech is released.

They will not mine after PoW. They will dump and gone. Most minners just want to quick BTC thats it...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:02:19 AM

Good Job Dev ! been following this very closely. Only the dev team has the say in final number.

I mean, the dev has stated what he wants for his coin, accept and respect his decisions - people need to stop trying to pressure him into removing supply.

Every coin has the same problem - there are a few who WANT IT ALL, and will cry hard at ANY PREMINE, cry at ANY UNFAIR LAUNCH if they miss them.  I bet those asking for limit in supply have already stopped mining and are sitting on a nice pile.

Stop catering to those people and crypto MIGHT work towards the goal we want, rather then pump and dumpers who want it now. There are many coins out there with that feature, leave this one alone.

Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:05:28 AM

u think he should release something that doesn't work properly, something he has to withdraw, or something that works good and he doesn't....

then why did he launch the coin?  just curious

Good Job Dev ! been following this very closely.

Also to all the quick buck types - can you learn to not fuck with coins that you have no say in ? only the dev team has the say in final number - not any investor or hoarding of coins PERIOD.

I mean, the dev has stated what he wants for his coin, accept and respect his decisions - people need to stop trying to pressure him into removing supply.

Every coin has the same problem - there are a few who WANT IT ALL, and will cry hard at ANY PREMINE, cry at ANY UNFAIR LAUNCH if they miss them.

Stop catering to those people and crypto MIGHT work towards the goal we want, rather then pump and dumpers who want it now. There are many coins out there with that feature, leave this one alone.

Just elave the coin as is IMHO

You just register 5min ago for this post ?
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:10:32 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 03:43:48 AM by Jacques de Molay

u think he should release something that doesn't work properly, something he has to withdraw, or something that works good and he doesn't....

Also to all the quick buck types - can you learn to not fuck with coins that you have no say in ? only the dev team has the say in final number - not any investor or hoarding of coins PERIOD.

Every coin has the same problem - there are a few who WANT IT ALL, and will cry hard at ANY PREMINE, cry at ANY UNFAIR LAUNCH if they miss them.

Re read my post I clarified it so people don't start crying because its not their opinion.  

Not exactly new I lurked for a while, and besides what does it matter ? People sign up all the time, I am sorry I didnt sign up before you or around the same time as you to be considered - a normal user of the forum.

Surely with your stellar 42 post count you are still considered "new"

My point was, the coin is fine, let others mine it.  The dev has plans let him do it.  No investor or hoarder of coins should be pressuring the dev to do things they want, its not their vision its the devs and the coins.

What is so hard to understand ? not trying to cause problems but your reply does start problems, I was saying my opinion about the direction of what people are asking and that response is counter productive.

paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:28:48 AM

I just registered XCpool.com, X11-pool.com and a few other premium XC domains
>.>

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:44:10 AM

Re read my post I clarified it so people don't start crying because its not their opinion.  So again, what is the point of your post ? Is that a welcome to the forums ? to be rude about when I joined, seriously.

Not exactly new I lurked for a while, and besides what does it matter ? People sign up all the time, I am sorry I didnt sign up before you or around the same time as you to be considered - a normal user of the forum.

Surely with your stellar 42 post count you are still "new"

My point was, the coin is fine, let others mine it.  The dev has plans let him do it.  No investor or hoarder of coins should be pressuring the dev to do things they want, its not their vision its the devs and the coins.

What is so hard to understand ?

in  the next 3 month more XC will be mined then the entire amount of BTC in the last 5 years, 33 million coins is a nice number, they are just going to be released into the market to quick, the amount should be reduced to a million or so a year, if it's a good idea to dumb 50% supply on to the market in a short period of time, why didn't BTC do it. it's not a good idea, it's the only flaw this awesome coin has, leave the total supply at 33 million but stretch the mining out over many years, this is what i think is a win win for all make this a real contender to BTC DRK LTC
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:56:06 AM

We need to seize the opportunity the dev has built...I am currently the largest known coin holder in six different alt coins in the top 30 on coimmarketcap. I have reinvested 100's of btc in the coins I hold through donations to the cause. I would like to take a long term position here but the situation I laid will happen here. I am in xc now for trading the anon news, weather or not i stay depends on if the change is made. I would like us all to make money together, but if you are not willing to build this coin into a powerhouse and in doing so make a killing...i will make a my money and leave.

Those coins failed because the dev has massive premine, dumped and then moved onto another crap coin.    The failure is not due to the fast POW/POS.

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:08:59 AM

Changing the specs is fine. Just call it what it is then. I do not care what the specs are honestly. It's just that changing them for this reason is showing the world that this coin is only worried about the short term price and making a profit. If the dev really has this great anon code then it would be a shame to waste it on a coin where the community only cares about its current price. How many bitcoin get dumped daily? People continue to buy bitcoin because it is useful and has an obvious future, so they know the coin will out last the current dump. These people see dumps as a chance to get cheap coins that in a few years will most likely be worth much more. If an alt coin is only only relying on the current price it is by definition nothing but a pump and dump coin. Go ahead and change the specs, if the the anon wallet is legit it won't matter. I'm simply pointing out that by doing so the community is admitting they do not believe the innovation in this coin can survive dumps. If you think your model is the best then you should be supported some pos only coin that was distributed through an ipo.

No, it is the opposite.  We are not worrying about the short term price -- but the long term price!!  Veritas just explained this above.  The main problem is that over 75% of the coins are going to be minted AFTER the biggest selling feature (anon tech) is released.  This is going to kill the coin in the long term.  People buy on news, and they sell on facts.  Why can't you guys understand this?  

Also -- it is taking an unnecessary risk to assume that the anon feature will defy the normal patterns of alt coins.  You cannot compare an alt coin's market patterns to BTC.  Why not heed our advice to ensure the highest probability of sustaining a healthy coin, long term?

100% agree with this --> the biggest problem here is that the main selling feature (anon) will be released and then 75% of the supply will be mined after that.  I can only see this hurting the coin long term.  Or, to put it positively - it will grow the coin SIGNIFICANTLY less than the coin would grow if total supply / block reward were reduced.

What did Evan do with Darkcoin? He changed the code and made it more rare. What impact did that have? Darkcoin is taking on LTC next. I am not a coin coder, but I think the best solution is lowering rewards and keeping the POW phase going. That way miners can still mine, get some use out of all these GPUs we have, and investors can watch their investments likely go up and not have to dump at a loss. As Darkcoin will be open source in 48 hours, anon coins are going to be as common as dirt in the coming weeks. MRO tech is also being implemented in DRK, so, that ship has sailed. This is the only potential Alt I can see that has a shot as the POS angle is interesting. Invested in DRK, XC, and mining XC. I like long term winners as they make my life easier and are far more rewarding for miners and investors. Why don't we all agree to make this a long term winner? Assuming the dev can pull it off.

Firster

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:13:30 AM

That is debatable that all fast distro PoW/PoS coins have failed.  But ours is not that fast (as 3-7 days), this is why I proposed: 10m coins and let PoW continue for another 1-2 weeks max with reduced block rewards.  This will give XC enough time to get a proper XC multipool created so miners can continue mining after PoW is over, and instead of mining to dump XC, they will be mining to buy XC

This will give about 3-4 weeks total mining.  This is a nice and balanced PoW distro phase, IMO.  3 months is too long, but especially if 2 of those months are AFTER anon tech is released.

Too many things to learn.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:35:57 AM

Changing the specs is fine. Just call it what it is then. I do not care what the specs are honestly. It's just that changing them for this reason is showing the world that this coin is only worried about the short term price and making a profit. If the dev really has this great anon code then it would be a shame to waste it on a coin where the community only cares about its current price. How many bitcoin get dumped daily? People continue to buy bitcoin because it is useful and has an obvious future, so they know the coin will out last the current dump. These people see dumps as a chance to get cheap coins that in a few years will most likely be worth much more. If an alt coin is only only relying on the current price it is by definition nothing but a pump and dump coin. Go ahead and change the specs, if the the anon wallet is legit it won't matter. I'm simply pointing out that by doing so the community is admitting they do not believe the innovation in this coin can survive dumps. If you think your model is the best then you should be supported some pos only coin that was distributed through an ipo.

No, it is the opposite.  We are not worrying about the short term price -- but the long term price!!  Veritas just explained this above.  The main problem is that over 75% of the coins are going to be minted AFTER the biggest selling feature (anon tech) is released.  This is going to kill the coin in the long term.  People buy on news, and they sell on facts.  Why can't you guys understand this?  

Also -- it is taking an unnecessary risk to assume that the anon feature will defy the normal patterns of alt coins.  You cannot compare an alt coin's market patterns to BTC.  Why not heed our advice to ensure the highest probability of sustaining a healthy coin, long term?

100% agree with this --> the biggest problem here is that the main selling feature (anon) will be released and then 75% of the supply will be mined after that.  I can only see this hurting the coin long term.  Or, to put it positively - it will grow the coin SIGNIFICANTLY less than the coin would grow if total supply / block reward were reduced.

What did Evan do with Darkcoin? He changed the code and made it more rare. What impact did that have? Darkcoin is taking on LTC next. I am not a coin coder, but I think the best solution is lowering rewards and keeping the POW phase going. That way miners can still mine, get some use out of all these GPUs we have, and investors can watch their investments likely go up and not have to dump at a loss. As Darkcoin will be open source in 48 hours, anon coins are going to be as common as dirt in the coming weeks. MRO tech is also being implemented in DRK, so, that ship has sailed. This is the only potential Alt I can see that has a shot as the POS angle is interesting. Invested in DRK, XC, and mining XC. I like long term winners as they make my life easier and are far more rewarding for miners and investors. Why don't we all agree to make this a long term winner? Assuming the dev can pull it off.

Can you share the link about darksend going open source in 48 hours?  Thanks in advance.
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:35:01 AM

As someone requested it.

CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:36:12 AM

Maybe open source is not in 48 hours, although it certainly looks grim for MRO. Anyway, XC is the only anon alt I am bothering with. This one has serious potential.

CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:28:29 AM

If the wallet holding XC generates revenue like DRK masternodes, I will definitely be holding some. (I think that is what you were explaining earlier) Along with the POS, and potentially increasing value, I really like this one.

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:36:09 AM

I come to implore the dev to please reduce block reward ASAP.  Price has now only risen 5000% in 48 hours.  Multipool dumping is stifling growth.  I require 50000% growth within first week before I can dump and move on.

And....errrr....uhhhh.....I believe in this coin, long term growth, blah blah.
veritasBS

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:37:37 AM

I come to implore the dev to please reduce block reward ASAP.  Price has now only risen 5000% in 48 hours.  Multipool dumping is stifling growth.  I require 50000% growth within first week before I can dump and move on.

...and you have no idea how these markets work. Dont forget that part!
nipap

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:49:32 AM

I think the coin's success is a result of a good plan by the dev.
It already brought us quite far, no one was expecting such success so fast...
Now, any major change will bring distrust, at least to me...

DEV, listen to all opinions and make your own decision.
You are the leader, and you must rule with an iron fist  Wink

On another issue, Suprnova payout fee is ridiculous (0.1 XC).
It's not a network fee. It's a forced donation...
Why don't you put it @ 100 XC ? You'll make a fortune...

Good luck to us all...
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:50:33 AM

for a SR member you disappoint me..don't you think a longer mining period that stretches for years like LTC OR BTC is a better idea then 100days and it's over? you are a miner, so you now have 100 days to compete with everyone else to mine as much as possible, or we can extend the mining period and you can mine for years, i think that would make all happy, don't you? miners are important and so are investors, we need a happy medium, so you have 2 choices here, in 100 days it's over! no more mining for you, you will just have to be happy with what you have or buy, 2nd option, we can mine for far into the future, by reducing the block rewards, and also keeps the price stable, and that's good for all of us, and attractive to investors.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:52:22 AM

why did satoshi decide to have a long mining period? because he knew it would keep a stable price, we should do the same, everyone happy, is that so hard?
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:52:58 AM

what's the price now?
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280

Who cares?

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:03:03 AM

So what is this coin doing that Darkcoin already hasn't done?
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: