Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
mojun7982

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:25:21 PM

Veritas sounds like you have 10x more coins than me but I love your strategy of short term trading new Polo coins, I would do the same if my investment so small to begin with. I just am relying on blind faith that XC will reach Dark prices.
Interesting faith,I like Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

ATTENTION!

blackcoin is developing some stealth anonymity feature.

we have to forestall them.

mojun7982

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:31:49 PM

ATTENTION!

forestall them? how? kill them? Grin

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:33:51 PM

ATTENTION!

release the wallet first!
atcsecure (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:34:42 PM

ATTENTION!

no, we just need to code faster, our stealth mode will be rock solid and impressive... but it is several rev's out from the first wallet release which is still on track for Sunday Night!

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
CoolForCoins

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:35:10 PM

To change the subject for a minute, have you thought about just calling this XCoin? I think Darkcoin was called this originally but I still really like the name. X11coin is a bit unwieldy, plus I like the idea of the singular X being used for amounts. For instance:

(Dude Looking To Buy A Hat): "Excuse me fine fellow, how much for that hat?"
(Dude Who Works In A Place That Sells Fashionable Headwear): "Oh, that hat: 300 X".

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:37:20 PM

ATTENTION!

no, we just need to code faster, our stealth mode will be rock solid and impressive... but it is several rev's out from the first wallet release which is still on track for Sunday Night!

make a history!  we will be the mainstream and consider the calling from community about alteration of coin supply.

mojun7982

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:37:49 PM

ATTENTION!

this sunday night? UTC or EST?

saberu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:39:10 PM

ATTENTION!

Moon T minus 4800 hours. Calling all Moonrakers get your XC while its cheap!

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
Junkey

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:46:57 PM

Just started mining with my 7970.  Does anyone have an idea what speeds I should be getting?  Thanks.
the_game1224

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:06:21 PM

ATTENTION!

Moon T minus 4800 hours. Calling all Moonrakers get your XC while its cheap!

When that wallet is released watch out!!
MrWHALE

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:34:02 PM

Yes I see it, but nevertheless I don't think it is good for the long term run. For example some investors avoid nxt because they have a distribution problem. I don't know if it is possible to have a richlist for anon coin but still the doubt for an unfair distribution is enough to avoid people. In the next month there will be plenty of anon coins and we have to compete with them. people have the choice. They will not pick a scam coin.

I guess I don't see how how whether mining goes on for 1 day or 1,000 days really effects distribution, either way it is the big multipools who will be getting all the coins.

If you want the coin then why not buy it, at this point it's just a few cents a coin, hardly expensive.

I agree. Stop the pow at 7.5 million coins. One tenth of blackcoin would be a great selling point to the rarity and value. Stop the pools from selling this coin into the ground. This is why other coins don't have 100day PoW periods. Investors lose confidence with the continued selling by the pools. We should petition the dev cut his premine down to the same percentage of total coins and stop the PoW at 7.5mil coins.

This gets a +1 from me as well

+1 from me as well.  Multipools dumping will hurt the price that the first PoS coin with anon wallet deserves.  Something needs to be done about the current mining phase / supply cap.  If miners want to mine XC, let them do so from a XC multipool -- which will raise the price of XC rather than lower it.

If it stays as is - there will be 30m total supply and if this goes to 50k sats, there will be 7.8m market cap = no room to move up.  If price runs to 100k sats, people will dump (because it will need to be 15m market cap when all coins are released to keep this price).  = no growth beyond 100k sats, and people will dump the price down once/if it hits 100k.

If we change to 7.5m max coins and stop PoW when anon wallet releases.  XC at 50k sats will have a market cap of 1.9m = much room for price growth & sustainability well past 200k sats or higher.  Do you understand the math behind this guys?  Total supply is important.  And 30m supply is too much for a coin with anon tech.  

Then stop the pump and dump, mine and hold, and buy coins from multipool dumpers.

Notice only thing being discussed here is price?

Not the tech, not the long term prospects or health of the coin, not sticking to the spec laid out in the ANN (which in my view is a signed contract between miners, investors, and the community when mining starts), not what is fair or right.

Your only argument is "WE NEED LESS COINS SO PRICE CAN PUMP AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!".

Surprise surprise coming from a CINNI dev.

Atcsecure, if you cannot see this scam artist for what he is and what he is trying to do, turn your coin into just another pump and dump which you specifically stated you did not want to see happen, you are blind.

For the record, I hold 18k XC and am mining it, and am tempted more and more to dump them everyday if this is the direction the coin is taking.

No one is pushing for a pump and dump.  We, if anything, are pushing to sustain a high value of this coin.  I am not saying the total supply has to be 7.5m, I was just going off of Veritas' example.  But, I think most of here can agree that the total supply and 100 day distribution phase is way too much, with nearly 80 GH/s net hash, and about 90% of that being multipools + individual mining farms.  This will make it so multipools dump to suppress the price and discourage investors, and those few individuals with mining farms / asics will end up with an unbelievably large share.

The best way for growth is for people collect XC by BUYING it, not mining it.  And people will buy it if the dev team delivers.  But people are less likely to buy it if they know for the next 2 months multipools will be dumping into their low-ball buy orders.  And after 2 months of mining are over, anon tech will probably common.  Come on people, think.

I agree.. and I am a miner. But I also work for Cryptsy, and can safely say from experience, that regardless of tech as soon as most coins get listed they get dumped in to oblivion by miners looking for BTC. That being said, miners should absolutely be involved in the initial distribution of a coin. The argument that "they should buy like the rest of us" can just as easily be reversed to "they should mine like the rest of us". For equal and fair distribution to come in to play, anyone should be able to acquire at least a minimal amount of coin. And for a LOT of people, mining on there gaming GPU is their only option. So why should a coin be limited to only those who can afford to invest capital in it? It would be no different than real world markets, where investors with the most money own the market.

I do however think there is something to be said for limiting the total amount of PoW minted coins. Miners are going to dump, end of story. My personal electric bill to run my rigs is round about $1000 USD per month. If that isn't investing in something I don't know what is. And many miners have substantially higher bills than I. The trick will be finding a fair and popular consensus among both miners and investors. Not all investors are going to hold and not all miners are going to dump. My $1000 dollar electric bill is no less of an investment than a $1000 wire transfer to Coinbase. So neglecting either demographic would be a wise idea.

Frankly, I would vote for decreasing the amount of coins minted via PoW. Either by a decrease on the block reward, or simply shorting the mining period... or both. I will however leave actual hard numbers to wiser folks than I. As I have no idea what a viable "coin cap" would be.

Yes, I agree with you for the most part.  But as VeritasBS already said:

"There is a profit motive here for both the investors and for the miners. The question is: which will build long term value, catering to the miners desire for quick profit by mining and dumping, or do you want to go after investors who will build out the coin ecosystem and improve the long term value of the coin. I'd say, without question, make the right moves to acquire investors."

Investors who BUY are much more crucial to a coins long-term success than miners who DUMP.

Agreed, but in a fledgling market volume is needed. And long term investors do not increase volume when they are all holding. Hence why so many "IPO" style coins fall flat on their face or get dumped by "investors" due to panic. Again though, I agree with you on the need for a significantly reduced PoW stage/coins. The questions is not so much, should miners be excluded? It's to late for that argument anyway. It's, at what point should they be cut off? A limited PoW period drives volume, which is good if it can be effectively managed.  Frankly, I am not worried about investors, the Anon wallet alone will bring them flocking. I know I for one am now an investor in regards to the few thousand XC i managed to mine. Tongue

Agreed.  My proposal is total supply: 10m coins and let PoW continue for another 1-2 weeks max with reduced block rewards.  This will give XC enough time to get a proper XC multipool created so miners can continue mining after PoW is over, and instead of mining to dump XC, they will be mining to buy XC

This Dev ^
Read everything please.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:34:21 PM

ATTENTION!

LOL

brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:38:48 PM

ATTENTION!

LOL

shhhh....Be wewy wewy wuiet....I am getting my voodoo dolls out  Grin
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:49:41 PM

I love how everyone here "believes" in this coin but are screaming to change the specs at an attempt to make it more rare. I hold quite of a few of these coins and I vote to leave it alone. Changing the specs is only an attempt to manipulate the price, which totally implies pump and dump. If the wallet actually is released and works the specs will not matter. It is good for a coin to increase in value, but to manipulate the specs in order to do this would make this nothing but a pump and dump with a good feature.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:04:54 AM

I love how everyone here "believes" in this coin but are screaming to change the specs at an attempt to make it more rare. I hold quite of a few of these coins and I vote to leave it alone. Changing the specs is only an attempt to manipulate the price, which totally implies pump and dump. If the wallet actually is released and works the specs will not matter. It is good for a coin to increase in value, but to manipulate the specs in order to do this would make this nothing but a pump and dump with a good feature.

nail on the head, excellent post. Messing with the specifications of this coin will destroy or at least harm it's reputability. Please leave the coin how it is now, give it some time and it will grow. Let the miners do their thing, sell off their coins or keep them, slow but steady wins the race.
MrWHALE

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:16:06 AM

nail on the head, excellent post. Messing with the specifications of this coin will destroy or at least harm it's reputability. Please leave the coin how it is now, give it some time and it will grow. Let the miners do their thing, sell off their coins or keep them, slow but steady wins the race.

Sorry, but you guys are ignorant if you think Sum Ting Wong and Ho Lee Phuk, two chinese asic farm miners, won't end up owning 1/2 of the total coin supply after 60 days.  Because this is exactly what will happen if there are 2 months of PoW mining after the anon feature releases.  
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:19:41 AM

Sorry, but you guys are ignorant if you think Sum Ting Wong and Ho Lee Phuk, two chinese asic farm miners, won't end up owning 1/2 of the total coin supply after 60 days.  Because this is exactly what will happen if there are 2 months of PoW mining after the anon feature releases.  

Then it might go WAY TOO LOW... sorry, I couldnt help myself. Grin
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:34:23 AM

If you follow the mining pools, you will notice that there are literally multiple users with GH/s taking major coins from the POW phase.

You know what they will do with those coins....?   DUMP and literally kill investors that have bought and miners that have hell their coins.   How is that good for any long term health of the coin if the very same people that have supported your coins from the beginning?

brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:37:19 AM

Then it might go WAY TOO LOW... sorry, I couldnt help myself. Grin

I think it was Wi Tu Lo.. Sick humor  Roll Eyes No offense
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: