Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:21:28 AM

If you had left it at that, you may have received some answers. Unfortunately, in the middle of that post you just couldn't resist adding:

I understand from the new supreme cheerleader commander Jay Jay that the devs work very hard (we know they always do), the coin is very undervalued (yes it should be 1 billion US$ market cap by now given that 3 people work on it part time), the future is bright and and vericoin will do all great things to human kind, and I accept all the usual cheerleading mantra

While that IS tame compared to some of the crap that has been thrown around here lately, it's still childish and insulting and it undoes the legitimacy of any questions that you raised. Be respectful of others and you may just get some of that respect back.

Well, on that one we have a different view, but I guess that's all right :-)) I fully agree with Buy4Crypto that it is really disrespectful and contra-productive when the BS comes from influential community members like Jay Jay. The VRC to the moon, the price is really undervalued, behind the screen very big things happening type of hype making talk perhaps brings 1-2 BTC from 18 years old high school boys, but it keeps away serious investors, it hurts the image of the coin, because ppl don't like BS. If the vocal supporters want respect, then be respectful with investors and don't assume that the "very big secret things happen behind the closed doors" talk will be taken seriously.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:25:05 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 11:49:13 AM by altcoinUK

Its not going to happen with those two people, you only have to look at there posts on other coin threads to see that. Shameful behaviour!.
please let us be optimistic for positive change
I have seen very helpful things from them. We just have to send them some cheerleaders to brighten their day!

OK send the cheerleaders :-)), make sure they are young, kind, funny, beautiful, not very smart, with large breasts, very long legs and very-very little moral, because I am sick and tired from nasty old women, and I will send back a bus full of primadonnas, because you guys are acting like over sensitive opera singers from the Milan's Scala when not everyone from the audience give a standing ovation. :-)))
Jay Jay, Mad and others are so sensitive about any comments, opinions or anything that is not the preferred cheerleading mantra. Are you promoting here a nazi state in which any opinions that is not in line with the hardcore cheerleading mindset must be ridiculed or are you promoting an investment opportunity? I thought it was the latest one, and in this case you will receive questions as well sometimes. Like today, it was a simple and civil question from me, what's happening with development that it was told long time ago the completion is 95-99%, and as I said the main reason was I asking because there were quite a few ppl saying here this week that they are going to fuck off and sell their coins, because there are no news, and not that I would care about the updated qt wallet.

And please keep posting the development updates, it is always very much appreciated by everyone here.
I just suggest to let the devs some leeway in posting progress reports without requiring it to adhere to ISO 9000 standards of compliance.
software completion is like the speed of light, you can keep getting closer and closer to 100% but it is never actually achieved. At some point a practical tradeoff is made and 99%+ is accepted.

since we cannot agree on how to measure software completion, it can be debated that the devs were indeed correct in their 95% to 99% completion estimate, but really what is the benefit of such a debate?

I would rather cheer them on and spend time with some cheerleaders, but not so big breasts Smiley

James

Since you are making a serious money with software development I have the highest respect for you, you are obviously doing the right things and must seeing software development from the correct angle, and I don't want to start an academic debate about what software completion is, but since I have been making living in this business too here is what I think: to me the completed software always has been that it fulfils its intended purpose. Regardless it is written in cobol, assembly, C++ or nodejs, and regardless it runs on a sensor with STM32 mcu and 128kb flash or in your case the ecc crypto module signs the transaction and verifies it too or in Doug's case the UI renders the controls if it does what it intended to do then it's complete. You must draw a line to define the completion, that's how software modules were deployed and have been working in nuclear power plants without being updated for +20 years, because they were accepted as a completed software. I guess it is same with a web socket based module, if that pushes the correct data to the client's browser then that is a completed software.

Anyway, as for the not so big breasts, and since you are the one who will push the price to 100k, just let us know what you need and we will sort out the details :-)))

KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:19:44 AM

Buy now or cry later
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:53:22 AM

Great stuff effects!! Ignore the trolls please and keep posting those updates, some of us look forward to them! Take your time and release a smooth wallet Wink can't wait to see it all come together!

Also james! your absolutely the man and have a talent to shut down trolls with your words.. i commend you for that! Great work on supernet and great work supporting vericoin ! I look forward to your projects!

@pnosker i am Veri down for token at 5% off Wink Lets get something going if enough people are interested ,would be awesome to do this with my favourite community!!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 01:53:41 PM

Why make the devs have to think twice (or ten times) about whether to post details about the progress they are making?

I know after a long battle against bugs when I make even a small step toward the completion line, I like to write about it, if only to clarify in my mind the specific progress that has been made.

Now if you want to require that the devs are 100% precise with every post about every detail, then they will become reluctant to post.

Now, I ask a simple question.

Do you like cheerleaders? Say, like: http://www.dolphinscheerleaders.com/

Why do sports teams have the cheerleaders? They dont actually help the players be better do they? Or do they?
Do the cheerleaders start berating the players for making errors? Or do they just make a new routine to encourage the players? positive reinforcement works. positive mental attitude works. there should be no debate about this.

Coding is a mental effort. Mental state affects things that require mental effort. forum posts affect mental state

I am not saying there can be not criticisms, but to pick on the posting of work in progress is not very supportive. Let us try to be more like cheerleaders. When you are criticizing, this requires dev's mental effort to address and isnt it better that this effort be used for coding than responding to criticisms?

Of course, if there is a significant horrible issue that is worth derailing a dev's concentration for an hour (or day), then by all means make a fact based post and it will be treated with the urgency it deserves.

What about positive reinforcement for each small step of progress? This will make these small steps come faster and faster. Isnt that worth the effort to not post a critical post?

James

Interesting point, but completely wrong. Why do sports teams have chearleaders? It can simple be put in 1 word "Entertainment"

Infact, many players find them distracting. Cheerleaders are employed to entertain guests. It's a nice touch to have some nice looking ladies jump out in front of you and shake their palm palms in tight fitting clothes. This is why I enjoy cheerleaders. Purely entertainment. I have not seen 1 Cheerleader in the locker room talking about gameplans? I have not ever seen a cheerleader run a quaterback sneak. You show me one "cheerleader" that has helped a team be extraordinary?

The fact is cherleaders are there for 1 reason, to pump up the crowd, to be entertainment. Cheerleaders at the end of the day do nothing but provide entertainement. This is much more closer to what your "VRC Cheerleaders" are.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:00:43 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 02:39:12 PM by buy4crypto

Jay Jay, Mad and others are so sensitive about any comments, opinions or anything that is not the preferred cheerleading mantra. Are you promoting here a nazi state in which any opinions that is not in line with the hardcore cheerleading mindset must be ridiculed or are you promoting an investment opportunity? I thought it was the latest one, and in this case you will receive questions as well sometimes. Like today, it was a simple and civil question from me, what's happening with development that it was told long time ago the completion is 95-99%[...]

The thing that you, barbaras, and buy4crypto frequently (and sometimes intentionally, I suspect) overlook is that it's rarely the question that upsets people; it's the way that the question is asked, or the comments that accompany it.

An example:

What was the reason the wallet - that was 1 month ago 95% completed, a week ago it was 99% completed - still hasn't released yet? What is the status of software development terms of what modules being developed and what is the expected release time for each?

Those are valid questions. Even your very last question at the end of your post was valid:

but is it possible to get a meaningful update on the status of development (apart from that go and check the roadmap)?

If you had left it at that, you may have received some answers. Unfortunately, in the middle of that post you just couldn't resist adding:

I understand from the new supreme cheerleader commander Jay Jay that the devs work very hard (we know they always do), the coin is very undervalued (yes it should be 1 billion US$ market cap by now given that 3 people work on it part time), the future is bright and and vericoin will do all great things to human kind, and I accept all the usual cheerleading mantra

While that IS tame compared to some of the crap that has been thrown around here lately, it's still childish and insulting and it undoes the legitimacy of any questions that you raised. Be respectful of others and you may just get some of that respect back.

tl;dr Don't be a douche.

Get a life dude, you are always bringing up my name, you banned me from IRC for speaking a opinion you didn't agree with. Get over it. The biggest douches here are the bagholders who have lost the ability to think rationally. I have seen heards of sheep before in many investments. I have to say, this heard is quite incredible in the fact they let honest, important questions be ignored for the sake of "It's coming soon!" You all will find out the quality of your developers as you keep getting dissapointed time, and time again.

I had enough weeks ago, but please. Don't bring up my name and think you are somehow better than me. I cannot believe I even take the time to dumb it down to your level and respond. But there it is. Cheerleaders and fanboys, they are becoming less in numbers, but ever more vocal.

Don't bring up my name, as I am completely out of this coin as a investment vehicle. I am distancing myself from the lack of ability from developers of this coin, and its community. Please don't bring up my name in attempts to troll. I do wish you all well, honestly. But please please, pretend I never was in this thread. If I come back to engage this community at this time, you won't see many nice things said! Smiley

I am trying to be on the right side of the LAW in NY, and 1 thing I cannot do is support the coin currently with what has happened in the past month. So again. I don't own VeriCoin, haven't for weeks, if not a month now, and I will never again as long as anonymous people have major influences on this coin.

I am frankly worried about jl777 and money laundering going forward. I suspect this is why he keeps "anon". Though the threats on his life claim make the story much more sensational.

In the US I know if I made millions I would be taxed. Some will try to avoid paying taxes. This makes them a criminal in the eyes of USA laws. Perhaps jl777 is skirting tax laws using anonymity? That sounds much more realistic than death threats on a man who made people lots of money. A more likely scenario would be fanboys, not death threats to someone making others wealthy. I know if I did something great. I would want people to know me, to know about it. Because I am transparent with nothing to hide. Can you say the same for the anon jl777? I don't trust this 1 bit. And quite frankly im a bit upset that this coin rolled over so quick. That tells me there is no backbone here, just some investors trying to pump up profits.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/money_laundering

"Money laundering refers to a financial transaction scheme that aims to conceal the identity, source, and destination of illicitly-obtained money. The money laundering process can be broken down into three stages. First, the illegal activity that garners the money places it in the launderer’s hands. Second, the launderer passes the money through a complex scheme of transactions to obscure who initially received the money from the criminal enterprise. Third, the scheme returns the money to the launderer in an obscure and indirect way."

If this is a money launder, you all are potentially going to be involved. I don't know many better ways for criminals to "launder" money than to make a crypto currency focussed on anonymous transactions. Trade most of the value, make it a complete mess for authorities to track, and then wash your sales into new coins / bitcoin. Am I close? This SuperNet would be a great way to bring together more transactions, and more confusion for authorities.

What do Virtual Currencies mean to you? Is it a get rich quick scheme? Is it a chance to invest in the future? Be honest with yourself and what VeriCoin was / is / will be. I don't see a trajectory of greatness here. I see desperation and inability to perform on every level.

Without transaprency, we cannot give "jl777" the benefit of the doubt when so much of virtual currencies rely on scamming sheep (easily manipulated people) from there money. So much of VeriCoin was built on trust, integrity and honesty. In 1 "deal", all of the inherent value in vericoin was lost, and for good, irreversibly IMHO.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:32:05 PM

I might have time to debug more tomorrow..

Ok let me know, no problems on Ubuntu, may be some fedora library conflict.  I'll check the code for this error, thanks.

The bug was introduced in git commit 92a1c96ad8, but because that's the only commit before earlier working commit, git bisect can't be used. So I have no interest in debugging this.

Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff29040ee in QWidget::hide (this=0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>) at kernel/qwidget.cpp:7224
7224     setVisible(false);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff29040ee in QWidget::hide() (this=0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>) at kernel/qwidget.cpp:7224
#1  0x000000000044eb0a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus(int) (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, status=<optimized out>) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:889
#2  0x000000000044ecaf in BitcoinGUI::setWalletModel(WalletModel*) (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, walletModel=walletModel@entry=0x7fffffffc650) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:453
#3  0x000000000044283e in main(int, char**) (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffc968) at src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:235
(gdb) frame 2
#2  0x000000000044ecaf in BitcoinGUI::setWalletModel (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, walletModel=walletModel@entry=0x7fffffffc650) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:453
453         setEncryptionStatus(walletModel->getEncryptionStatus());
(gdb) frame 1
#1  0x000000000044eb0a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, status=<optimized out>) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:889
889         labelEncryptionIcon->hide();
(gdb) p *this
$1 = {<QMainWindow> = {<QWidget> = {<QObject> = {_vptr.QObject = 0xae82d0 <vtable for BitcoinGUI+16>, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0,
            stringdata = 0x7ffff14dcac0 <qt_meta_stringdata_QObject>, data = 0x7ffff14dc980 <qt_meta_data_QObject>,
            static_metacall = 0x7ffff13dc5ac <QObject::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, d_ptr = {
          d = 0xc36bc0}, static staticQtMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0, stringdata = 0x7ffff1527600 <qt_meta_stringdata_Qt>, data = 0x7ffff1524e80 <qt_meta_data_Qt>,
            static_metacall = 0x0, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}}, <QPaintDevice> = {_vptr.QPaintDevice = 0xae8488 <vtable for BitcoinGUI+456>, painters = 0,
        reserved = 0x0}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x7ffff17b8e20 <QObject::staticMetaObject>, stringdata = 0x7ffff2bf7680 <qt_meta_stringdata_QWidget>,
          data = 0x7ffff2bf6f80 <qt_meta_data_QWidget>, static_metacall = 0x7ffff2913c92 <QWidget::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>,
          relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, data = 0xc36cf0}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x7ffff2f37d40 <QWidget::staticMetaObject>,
        stringdata = 0x7ffff2c89c80 <qt_meta_stringdata_QMainWindow>, data = 0x7ffff2c89ac0 <qt_meta_data_QMainWindow>,
        static_metacall = 0x7ffff2beb21c <QMainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>,
        relatedMetaObjects = 0x7ffff2f55be0 <qt_meta_extradata_QMainWindow>, extradata = 0x0}}}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {
      superdata = 0x7ffff2f55c00 <QMainWindow::staticMetaObject>, stringdata = 0x863c80 <qt_meta_stringdata_BitcoinGUI>, data = 0x8638c0 <qt_meta_data_BitcoinGUI>,
      static_metacall = 0x65670e <BitcoinGUI::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, clientModel =
    0x7fffffffc610, walletModel = 0x7fffffffc650, centralWidget = 0x1250050, overviewPage = 0xc59070, transactionsPage = 0xe947d0, addressBookPage = 0x1061230,
  receiveCoinsPage = 0x108c620, sendCoinsPage = 0x10b0b40, sendBitCoinsPage = 0x117e240, signVerifyMessageDialog = 0x11f9a80, fiatPage = 0x1249f60, labelEncryptionIcon =
    0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>, labelStakingIcon = 0x1156b40, labelConnectionsIcon = 0x1153080, labelBlocksIcon = 0x110bbd0, progressBarLabel = 0x110ed80,
  progressBar = 0x125ad40, appMenuBar = 0xc3dc90, overviewAction = 0xbcf850, historyAction = 0xc397f0, quitAction = 0xc3af50, sendCoinsAction = 0xc38c30,
  sendBitCoinsAction = 0xc39390, fiatAction = 0xc3a2e0, addressBookAction = 0xc39d00, signMessageAction = 0xc3ae60, verifyMessageAction = 0xc3d200, aboutAction = 0xc3b090,
  receiveCoinsAction = 0xc38cd0, optionsAction = 0xc3bbe0, toggleHideAction = 0xc3b2c0, exportAction = 0xc3d480, encryptWalletAction = 0xc3a840, backupWalletAction = 0xc3c9e0,
  changePassphraseAction = 0xc3cc10, unlockWalletAction = 0xc3cec0, aboutQtAction = 0xc3b110, openRPCConsoleAction = 0xc3cf80, trayIcon = 0xc56830, notificator = 0xc54a40,
  transactionView = 0xf8a2c0, rpcConsole = 0x125edc0, syncIconMovie = 0x117f400, fiatInit = false, fiatFrame = 0x1}
(gdb) frame 0
#0  0x00007ffff29040ee in QWidget::hide (this=0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>) at kernel/qwidget.cpp:7224
(gdb) p *this
$2 = {<QObject> = {_vptr.QObject = 0x0, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0, stringdata = 0x7ffff14dcac0 <qt_meta_stringdata_QObject>,
        data = 0x7ffff14dc980 <qt_meta_data_QObject>, static_metacall = 0x7ffff13dc5ac <QObject::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>,
        relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, d_ptr = {d = 0x0}, static staticQtMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0, stringdata = 0x7ffff1527600 <qt_meta_stringdata_Qt>,
        data = 0x7ffff1524e80 <qt_meta_data_Qt>, static_metacall = 0x0, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}}, <QPaintDevice> = {_vptr.QPaintDevice = 0xb4ff20,
    painters = 65312, reserved = 0xb4ff20}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x7ffff17b8e20 <QObject::staticMetaObject>,
      stringdata = 0x7ffff2bf7680 <qt_meta_stringdata_QWidget>, data = 0x7ffff2bf6f80 <qt_meta_data_QWidget>,
      static_metacall = 0x7ffff2913c92 <QWidget::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, data = 0x1}
(gdb) d32
Dump of assembler code from 0x7ffff29040ce to 0x7ffff290410e:
   0x00007ffff29040ce <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+54>: test   %edi,%edi
   0x00007ffff29040d0 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+56>: je     0x7ffff29040df <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+71>
   0x00007ffff29040d2 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+58>: sub    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff29040d6 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+62>: callq  0x7ffff2904098 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)>
   0x00007ffff29040db <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+67>: add    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff29040df <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+71>: repz retq
   0x00007ffff29040e1: nop
   0x00007ffff29040e2 <QWidget::hide()+0>: sub    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff29040e6 <QWidget::hide()+4>: mov    (%rdi),%rax
   0x00007ffff29040e9 <QWidget::hide()+7>: mov    $0x0,%esi
=> 0x00007ffff29040ee <QWidget::hide()+12>: callq  *0x68(%rax)
   0x00007ffff29040f1 <QWidget::hide()+15>: add    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff29040f5 <QWidget::hide()+19>: retq   
   0x00007ffff29040f6 <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+0>: sub    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff29040fa <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+4>: mov    (%rdi),%rax
   0x00007ffff29040fd <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+7>: xor    $0x1,%esi
   0x00007ffff2904100 <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+10>: movzbl %sil,%esi
   0x00007ffff2904104 <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+14>: callq  *0x68(%rax)
   0x00007ffff2904107 <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+17>: add    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff290410b <QWidget::setHidden(bool)+21>: retq   
   0x00007ffff290410c <QWidget::isAncestorOf(QWidget const*) const+0>: test   %rsi,%rsi
End of assembler dump.
(gdb) p $rax
$3 = 0
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 03:59:12 PM

Ok let me know, no problems on Ubuntu, may be some fedora library conflict.  I'll check the code for this error, thanks.

The bug was introduced in git commit 92a1c96ad8, but because that's the only commit before earlier working commit, git bisect can't be used. So I have no interest in debugging this.

Code:
0x00007ffff29040ee in QWidget::hide (this=0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>) at kernel/qwidget.cpp:7224
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff29040ee in QWidget::hide() (this=0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>) at kernel/qwidget.cpp:7224
#1  0x000000000044eb0a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus(int) (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, status=<optimized out>) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:889
#2  0x000000000044ecaf in BitcoinGUI::setWalletModel(WalletModel*) (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, walletModel=walletModel@entry=0x7fffffffc650) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:453
#3  0x000000000044283e in main(int, char**) (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffc968) at src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:235
(gdb) frame 2
#2  0x000000000044ecaf in BitcoinGUI::setWalletModel (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, walletModel=walletModel@entry=0x7fffffffc650) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:453
(gdb) frame 1
#1  0x000000000044eb0a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus (this=this@entry=0x7fffffffc6c0, status=<optimized out>) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:889
(gdb) p *this
$1 = {<QMainWindow> = {<QWidget> = {<QObject> = {_vptr.QObject = 0xae82d0 <vtable for BitcoinGUI+16>, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0,
            stringdata = 0x7ffff14dcac0 <qt_meta_stringdata_QObject>, data = 0x7ffff14dc980 <qt_meta_data_QObject>,
            static_metacall = 0x7ffff13dc5ac <QObject::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, d_ptr = {
          d = 0xc36bc0}, static staticQtMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0, stringdata = 0x7ffff1527600 <qt_meta_stringdata_Qt>, data = 0x7ffff1524e80 <qt_meta_data_Qt>,
            static_metacall = 0x0, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}}, <QPaintDevice> = {_vptr.QPaintDevice = 0xae8488 <vtable for BitcoinGUI+456>, painters = 0,
        reserved = 0x0}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x7ffff17b8e20 <QObject::staticMetaObject>, stringdata = 0x7ffff2bf7680 <qt_meta_stringdata_QWidget>,
          data = 0x7ffff2bf6f80 <qt_meta_data_QWidget>, static_metacall = 0x7ffff2913c92 <QWidget::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>,
          relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, data = 0xc36cf0}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x7ffff2f37d40 <QWidget::staticMetaObject>,
        stringdata = 0x7ffff2c89c80 <qt_meta_stringdata_QMainWindow>, data = 0x7ffff2c89ac0 <qt_meta_data_QMainWindow>,
        static_metacall = 0x7ffff2beb21c <QMainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>,
        relatedMetaObjects = 0x7ffff2f55be0 <qt_meta_extradata_QMainWindow>, extradata = 0x0}}}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {
      superdata = 0x7ffff2f55c00 <QMainWindow::staticMetaObject>, stringdata = 0x863c80 <qt_meta_stringdata_BitcoinGUI>, data = 0x8638c0 <qt_meta_data_BitcoinGUI>,
      static_metacall = 0x65670e <BitcoinGUI::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, clientModel =
    0x7fffffffc610, walletModel = 0x7fffffffc650, centralWidget = 0x1250050, overviewPage = 0xc59070, transactionsPage = 0xe947d0, addressBookPage = 0x1061230,
  receiveCoinsPage = 0x108c620, sendCoinsPage = 0x10b0b40, sendBitCoinsPage = 0x117e240, signVerifyMessageDialog = 0x11f9a80, fiatPage = 0x1249f60, labelEncryptionIcon =
    0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>, labelStakingIcon = 0x1156b40, labelConnectionsIcon = 0x1153080, labelBlocksIcon = 0x110bbd0, progressBarLabel = 0x110ed80,
  progressBar = 0x125ad40, appMenuBar = 0xc3dc90, overviewAction = 0xbcf850, historyAction = 0xc397f0, quitAction = 0xc3af50, sendCoinsAction = 0xc38c30,
  sendBitCoinsAction = 0xc39390, fiatAction = 0xc3a2e0, addressBookAction = 0xc39d00, signMessageAction = 0xc3ae60, verifyMessageAction = 0xc3d200, aboutAction = 0xc3b090,
  receiveCoinsAction = 0xc38cd0, optionsAction = 0xc3bbe0, toggleHideAction = 0xc3b2c0, exportAction = 0xc3d480, encryptWalletAction = 0xc3a840, backupWalletAction = 0xc3c9e0,
  changePassphraseAction = 0xc3cc10, unlockWalletAction = 0xc3cec0, aboutQtAction = 0xc3b110, openRPCConsoleAction = 0xc3cf80, trayIcon = 0xc56830, notificator = 0xc54a40,
  transactionView = 0xf8a2c0, rpcConsole = 0x125edc0, syncIconMovie = 0x117f400, fiatInit = false, fiatFrame = 0x1}
(gdb) frame 0
#0  0x00007ffff29040ee in QWidget::hide (this=0xaf4960 <mapStakeModifierCheckpointsTestNet>) at kernel/qwidget.cpp:7224
(gdb) p *this
$2 = {<QObject> = {_vptr.QObject = 0x0, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0, stringdata = 0x7ffff14dcac0 <qt_meta_stringdata_QObject>,
        data = 0x7ffff14dc980 <qt_meta_data_QObject>, static_metacall = 0x7ffff13dc5ac <QObject::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>,
        relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, d_ptr = {d = 0x0}, static staticQtMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x0, stringdata = 0x7ffff1527600 <qt_meta_stringdata_Qt>,
        data = 0x7ffff1524e80 <qt_meta_data_Qt>, static_metacall = 0x0, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}}, <QPaintDevice> = {_vptr.QPaintDevice = 0xb4ff20,
    painters = 65312, reserved = 0xb4ff20}, static staticMetaObject = {d = {superdata = 0x7ffff17b8e20 <QObject::staticMetaObject>,
      stringdata = 0x7ffff2bf7680 <qt_meta_stringdata_QWidget>, data = 0x7ffff2bf6f80 <qt_meta_data_QWidget>,
      static_metacall = 0x7ffff2913c92 <QWidget::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)>, relatedMetaObjects = 0x0, extradata = 0x0}}, data = 0x1}
(gdb) d32
   0x00007ffff29040ce <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+54>: test   %edi,%edi
   0x00007ffff29040d0 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+56>: je     0x7ffff29040df <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+71>
   0x00007ffff29040d2 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+58>: sub    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff29040d6 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+62>: callq  0x7ffff2904098 <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)>
   0x00007ffff29040db <QWidget::setFocusPolicy(Qt::FocusPolicy)+67>: add    $0x8,%rsp
   0x00007ffff290410c <QWidget::isAncestorOf(QWidget const*) const+0>: test   %rsi,%rsi
End of assembler dump.
(gdb) p $rax
$3 = 0

I think I found the problem, you can pull and build again if you like.  Thanks for bug log.
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:21:31 PM

I think I found the problem, you can pull and build again if you like.  Thanks for bug log.

That fixed the segfault.. thanks.
Little line-wrap issue
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 04:30:17 PM

Little line-wrap issue

ScottAllyn

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 04:32:57 PM

Why make the devs have to think twice (or ten times) about whether to post details about the progress they are making?

I know after a long battle against bugs when I make even a small step toward the completion line, I like to write about it, if only to clarify in my mind the specific progress that has been made.

Now if you want to require that the devs are 100% precise with every post about every detail, then they will become reluctant to post.

Now, I ask a simple question.

Do you like cheerleaders? Say, like: http://www.dolphinscheerleaders.com/

Why do sports teams have the cheerleaders? They dont actually help the players be better do they? Or do they?
Do the cheerleaders start berating the players for making errors? Or do they just make a new routine to encourage the players? positive reinforcement works. positive mental attitude works. there should be no debate about this.

Coding is a mental effort. Mental state affects things that require mental effort. forum posts affect mental state

I am not saying there can be not criticisms, but to pick on the posting of work in progress is not very supportive. Let us try to be more like cheerleaders. When you are criticizing, this requires dev's mental effort to address and isnt it better that this effort be used for coding than responding to criticisms?

Of course, if there is a significant horrible issue that is worth derailing a dev's concentration for an hour (or day), then by all means make a fact based post and it will be treated with the urgency it deserves.

What about positive reinforcement for each small step of progress? This will make these small steps come faster and faster. Isnt that worth the effort to not post a critical post?

James

Interesting point, but completely wrong. Why do sports teams have chearleaders? It can simple be put in 1 word "Entertainment"

Infact, many players find them distracting. Cheerleaders are employed to entertain guests. It's a nice touch to have some nice looking ladies jump out in front of you and shake their palm palms in tight fitting clothes. This is why I enjoy cheerleaders. Purely entertainment. I have not seen 1 Cheerleader in the locker room talking about gameplans? I have not ever seen a cheerleader run a quaterback sneak. You show me one "cheerleader" that has helped a team be extraordinary?

The fact is cherleaders are there for 1 reason, to pump up the crowd, to be entertainment. Cheerleaders at the end of the day do nothing but provide entertainement. This is much more closer to what your "VRC Cheerleaders" are.

Not exactly. More like "to pump up the crowd, to motivate the team".  Have you ever watched NCAA basketball?  The crowd is a BIG factor.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
xinyichao

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:40:25 PM

Code:
(gdb) bt
(gdb) frame 2
(gdb) frame 1
(gdb) p *this
(gdb) frame 0
(gdb) p *this
(gdb) d32
End of assembler dump.
(gdb) p $rax
$3 = 0

come on , lets fix it .lol
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 04:49:04 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 05:52:48 PM by effectsToCause

I think I found the problem, you can pull and build again if you like.  Thanks for bug log.

Little line-wrap issue

Yeah that is there for debugging purposes, will Have Scott remove it.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

I think I found the problem, you can pull and build again if you like.  Thanks for bug log.

Little line-wrap issue

Yeah that is there for debugging purposes, will Have Scott remove it.

That should be gone now, tho a restart may be required to clear it. Smiley

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 09:12:52 PM

Nice article, in case you have not read it.

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/vericoins-near-term-strategy-includes-a-lot-of-new-features

john1975p

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:16:30 PM

Great writeup, I like it so much. Thanks for sharing.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:17:29 PM

i really like it.
if all this gets implemented and is working i believe vericoin will have a really strong basis for the future.

simplicity for the every-day user and anonymity for high-net-worth people/corporations.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
degold

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

i really like it.
if all this gets implemented and is working i believe vericoin will have a really strong basis for the future.

simplicity for the every-day user and anonymity for high-net-worth people/corporations.

True, it will boost so much in future if developer implement these features.

■██████ PB Mining  ⌂  0.0016 BTC / GHS ██████■
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

i really like it.

True, it will boost so much in future if developer implement these features.

Awesome and thanks.
 Smiley
I still held onto some VRC as it's one of the very few with real world features.
Will be watching now even more.

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:14:52 PM

If you're interested in the SuperNET TOKEN group buy for VRC swap (with 5% discount), please fill this out:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CYRrQfNOkKOT2RrtRxbAC5PPqlkVGvqZTcFnmPV6Ko4/viewform?usp=send_form

The trade will be executed at the VRC price at time of execution. The TOKEN/BTC rate is 0.01150000, and with 5% off it's 0.010925.

Please fill out this form within 24 hours so we can perform the purchase. I will be escrowing. Once you fill the form out, I will contact you.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: