Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:39:27 PM

The worst part about VRC is the community.

Not entirely, but definitely 95% of it. So damn toxic. The other 5% however who are actively supporting the coin how they can, plus the committed dev team are the only things keeping this coin afloat.

TBH, I expected this coin trading at around 3-5k satoshis by now. I guess I still have to wait a bit longer. Maybe another week or two?

Keep up the 'great' work community! So much to be 'envied' & learned from the VRC community about how a community directly affects a coin's value!  Tongue

The community has nothing to do with the price. What a few random, anonymous users talk here has no effect on the price whatsoever.

The price is determined by the unique features, technical attributes, usefulness and development team of the coin. Vericoin is nothing more than one of the 500 BTC/LTC clones, with no unique features, the coin is petty much useless (there is no real use case for the coin) and the development team hasn't been delivering a thing for months. Therefore, the market values the coin at 9-10K, which is quite a generous valuation knowing the aforementioned issues. What no-name community members and bagholders say here is completely irrelevant from price viewpoint.

You really think a coins community has nothing to do with its value?

Are you new to crypto currency? Have you not heard of DOGE? DOGE's history alone completely shits all over what you just said.

Nonsense, and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You came here and said that VRC price is low because of the community, and I answered to that statement by pointing out that VRC price is not low because of the community.

The VRC community is actually a vibrant, active and dedicated group of supporters, it is lot stronger than at most of other coins, but the price is surely not going down or up because the community does something or failed to do something

Of course the community had a prime role in developing DOGE, but the community driven success of DOGE was clearly a one-off event just like the story of Bitcoin and Litecoin are unique stories. You must be very new to crypto if you want to model any trends based on the events of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Doge, and apply that logic to clones (like VRC), and you are completely wrong expecting that the events of Bitcoin, Litecoin and DOGE could be replicated with Vericoin. 6 months in crypto is like 5 years in conventional business, additionally the landscape has changed dramatically in the last 1 year. Crypto-currency is an evolving and very unique environment, what happened with DOGE has nothing to do with VRC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PositivelyInsane

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:50:17 PM

kind of sad.. a weed coin that has 99M coins is worth more than VRC Sad
Its worth more today but it won't be worth more next week that i can promise Wink Those are just weekly pump and dump shitcoins... how many weed coins are there? cann, maryj, pot, theres even another cannabiscoin and dopecoin ... and i know I'm missing another one lol saddest thing is is that potcoin has been around forever and work hard and have great things going on yet its the cheapest one lol. The crypto market is lame and you can't put value on any coin due to its price... only .01% of coins are priced proper to value, the rest are just results of whales and manipulation(gambling)...Thats why without some kind of change, crypto will wither away as all the btc is funnelled into the selected few (whales, sharks, scammers, thieves, blah blah etc...)

99% of all coins out there right now will be dead, gone and never to be heard of again only to be replaced by fresh new shitcoin scams etc...and the cycle continues until were left with the strongest real coins with ppl behind it that never quit and always had the right intentions, the ones that survived the whales and manipulations, the ones that always kept true to the real purpose of change.

Thats why I chose vericoin to be my main bitch, the one i don't toy with, the one i only buy and stake. I know its the one coin that no matter what happens in this early stage cesspool of a gold rush called crypto, vericoin will never be given up on. If you snap shot this post and read it next year or 2 years from now i can promise you 2 things...1- vericoin will be around and 2- those weed coins we were just talking about most probably will be hard to even remember...
and hempcoin lol wow...

I'm sure you are correct kunachii...but it is still kind of sad
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:12:29 PM

I wonder if the supernet news will follow through.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
GaliX

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

what happened to vrc? I don't have the time to follow you guys anymore, but judging by the price there are still no real updates I guess? Plus the general situation in the Scene makes it hard to find any buy support currently.

And as I understood Mintpal/Moolah fuck up as bad as they could which drags a lot of volume out of the market on top.

Embarrassed

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:24:25 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 06:06:58 PM by yoshiwatusi

what happened to vrc? I don't have the time to follow you guys anymore, but judging by the price there are still no real updates I guess? Plus the general situation in the Scene makes it hard to find any buy support currently.

And as I understood Mintpal/Moolah fuck up as bad as they could which drags a lot of volume out of the market on top.

Embarrassed

it is better VRC is in the low right now, otherwise, vrc will be sold high and btc will go to other coins, particularly the upcoming ICO of another gaming coin.

edit: i miss the times when VRC was so hot tho..
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 06:27:56 PM by altcoinUK

Here is the "jl777" effect - an effective pump and dump ponzi scheme Smiley. He runs an "investment fund" and makes trading bots for christ sake people.

The new XC BlockNET will blow SuperNET out of the water as it doesn't demand 10% of the coins that he can use to manipulate the price. (His "sharkfund" already had atleast 10% of BBR already? I wonder who was manipulating the price before the pump and why he included it in the SuperNET Wink)
LTCD and the BlockNET will be the winners. They actually know how to market and explain things to new users, not scream "the community isn't helping me enough! it will never get done if you guys don't do everything i don't want to" - while he sits on 4000 btc raised from the IPO.

I fully agree with you.

It has been a grandiose talk and very-very little substance from this jl777 James guy, though lately he doesn't even talks here. My late grandmother could have as much effect on VRC price as this guy had, and my grandmother never ever seen a computer. As I said here many time, no one will remember 1 year time what SuperNet was  - except people who put hard earned cash into that vaporware.

Now, he got 100 BTC and the VRC price is still dropping. I guess he is dumping to buy low with the 100 BTC. He don't give a shit about VRC price nor about the community, he only needed VRC to use its transparent image to complete his ICO, and now he is gone.

In the meantime a few vocal cheerleaders celebrate the low price here, saying that actually they are happy with the low price. Of course cheerleaders would say anything to justify this failing project: if the price rise that's great, if the price drop that's great too ... quite incredible.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:48:58 PM

Wow, so much hot air about Supernet somehow making VRC look bad.

VRC will reign because it's developers are transparent and extremely competent.
Cmon, you know their names, where they went to college & see their faces every google hangout. What other coins are so transparent? Hmm, none.

In the real world(you remember there is a real world right?) business ventures/partnerships operate on transparency & results and reward those that keep moving forward. Whitepapers don't mean a thing to real investors and the real money hasn't even begun to flow into crypto because so many coins are full of shit.

Crypto is so much still in it's infancy, the big moves are still 12-24 months out. Crypto success is all about longevity and awareness, a couple items that Patrick and team have a handle on.

Vericoin is one of my holdings that I dont even watch the price because in the long run it's a winner. Set you buys for every time it dips below 11k and look at your holdings in a year.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:01:24 PM

Theres so much nonsense in the last two page i dont even know where to start...

Supernet holds 10% of all core coins and will not sell them.
And also there is no single entity that control the funds alone not even james.
everything regarding funds is in (multisig) escrow and needs to be decided by assetsholders through a weightened vote.

You are buying supernet asset which has value through the core coins and other assets besides the speculation of future dividends (additionaly supernet holder already received 2 dividends) - one of the biggest difference to clonenet.

All i see are 5 activity newbie fudder, please try harder

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:02:57 PM

Here is the "jl777" effect - an effective pump and dump ponzi scheme Smiley. He runs an "investment fund" and makes trading bots for christ sake people.

The new XC BlockNET will blow SuperNET out of the water as it doesn't demand 10% of the coins that he can use to manipulate the price. (His "sharkfund" already had atleast 10% of BBR already? I wonder who was manipulating the price before the pump and why he included it in the SuperNET Wink)
LTCD and the BlockNET will be the winners. They actually know how to market and explain things to new users, not scream "the community isn't helping me enough! it will never get done if you guys don't do everything i don't want to" - while he sits on 4000 btc raised from the IPO.

I fully agree with you.

It has been a grandiose talk and very-very little substance from this jl777 James guy, though lately he doesn't even talks here. My late grandmother could have as much effect on VRC price as this guy had, and my grandmother never ever seen a computer. As I said here many time, no one will remember 1 year time what SuperNet was  - except people who put hard earned cash into that vaporware.

Now, he got 100 BTC and the VRC price is still dropping. I guess he is dumping to buy low with the 100 BTC. He don't give a shit about VRC price nor about the community, he only needed VRC to use its transparent image to complete his ICO, and now he is gone.

In the meantime a few vocal cheerleaders celebrate the low price here, saying that actually they are happy with the low price. Of course cheerleaders would say anything to justify this failing project: if the price rise that's great, if the price drop that's great too ... quite incredible.

hep hep hurray
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:21:01 PM

Theres so much nonsense in the last two page i dont even know where to start...

Supernet holds 10% of all core coins and will not sell them.
And also there is no single entity that control the funds alone not even james.
everything regarding funds is in (multisig) escrow and needs to be decided by assetsholders through a weightened vote.

You are buying supernet asset which has value through the core coins and other assets besides the speculation of future dividends (additionaly supernet holder already received 2 dividends) - one of the biggest difference to clonenet.

All i see are 5 activity newbie fudder, please try harder

FUD DESTROYED! Cool
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 10:05:57 PM by criptix

If the core coins will never be sold then the SuperNET asset's value is not linked to the coins at all, other than the speculation of future dividends that those coins will provide.

You do understand that you already are contradicting yourself with the first sentence right?
Supernet holds 10% of all core coins they are a asset of supernet; of course supernets NAV is linked to the value of the corecoins. The main idea behind it is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu

In no way can you sell the asset for any of the 10% of the coins that are being held indefinitely.

I dont understand what you are trying to say here, please rephrase.

The only thing you can do is collect dividends on any revenue the services generate (just like the BlockNET) which means its value will only be linked to speculation on how long it will take those dividends to pay back your initial investment.

This is wrong, like other people and i explained supernet is backed up by corecoins and several other assets - in a way you could say it has intrisic value - on the contrary to clonenet which only has a promise of a future revenue stream like you said  Roll Eyes

Just how much did you receive in dividends so far and from what?

We received 15.000 NXTInspect and 50.000 NeoDice assets which were prices at respected ~4 NXT and ~45 NXT per asset, so in the sum around 2+%

btw one last thing about clonenet:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

in that sense, thank you very much  Cheesy

/edit

Backed by means you can exchange it for a fixed amount of the underlying asset. Fixed amount means that no matter how many currency units are presented for redemption, each one of them will be exchanged for a fixed amount of the underlying asset. If there is not enough of the underlying asset, it's called the system is operating on fractional reserve.

We are talking about supernets value here, not about currency reserve standards luls.
nice quote to a total different story.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:18:39 PM

So wait, the NAV is linked to the value of the core coins? And what was the average price most people bought into the SuperNET at?
AND he's allowed to use 1% of the funds raised as a wall UNDER the price people bought in at (which is actually more than 1% if he doesn't adjust for the decline in the assests values).
What then? Does he resell what he just bought at a higher price, or get to keep it to hoard more of the dividends.
Wow, no wonder he's dumping everything so hard. I was wondering what he was up to.

James cant dump anything because he has no control over 99% of the funds and the 1% (at ending of the ico ~57 btc, it is way less then he put in supernet himself) he controls are for marketing, bountys etc regarding supernet.
99% of the ICO funds are in (multisig) escrow!

No. It isn't backed by anything. That implies that at any time you can trade your SuperNET assest for a certain amount of the core coins that are apparently backing it.

Yes. We are talking about the supernet's value and how people seem to think it's backed by the core coins. See above.

drkman and myself were talking about how supernets value is backed up by the value of the core coins and the assets that supernet holds.
you are the only one talking about a financial reserve of a currency.

Wow. That's some great liquidity in those markets. What is that about $12 worth that a few of you can sell for? Meanwhile UNITY has dropped what? 20%?

What do you mean? On the first two weeks there was great volume, everyone could have sold and buy, even now with the situation of btc it has a good orderbook.

Where are you getting 2% from. You received 15000 and 50000 each?

alone neodice asset was ~1,5% worth with supernet valued at 200 nxt.
That is the sum of all assets distributed to supernet assetholder.

next one please 8 10 activity fud newbie

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:54:30 AM

Hi Smiley

probably nobody knows the answer but gonna ask anyway.. why has development been stagnant ? They where so active in the beginning. What happened?..
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

...   Cry

That all you got...
MAD945

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:19:21 AM

Hi Smiley

probably nobody knows the answer but gonna ask anyway.. why has development been stagnant ? They where so active in the beginning. What happened?..

Devs aren't here anymore...check out the new forums, lots being done and worked on Cool

https://www.vericoinforums.com/

Almost at 100+ posts daily Cool
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:27:24 AM

dat wall
kitaco

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:08:45 AM

Wow am I glad I bought 50% more last night  Shocked

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:52:18 AM

Cmon, you know their names, where they went to college & see their faces every google hangout. What other coins are so transparent? Hmm, none.

In the real world(you remember there is a real world right?) business ventures/partnerships operate on transparency & results and reward those that keep moving forward. Whitepapers don't mean a thing to real investors and the real money hasn't even begun to flow into crypto because so many coins are full of shit.

Crypto is so much still in it's infancy, the big moves are still 12-24 months out. Crypto success is all about longevity and awareness, a couple items that Patrick and team have a handle on.

Vericoin is one of my holdings that I dont even watch the price because in the long run it's a winner. Set you buys for every time it dips below 11k and look at your holdings in a year.

Highjacking this post.

I'm still not sure why you'd find public developers - of a project that you invested in - a greater deal.
Is it possible that you just suck at investing? If, in your eyes, it's rare to find the real people behind the projects you back. And please note, when I say 'you', I'm not referring to OP specifically. I prefer if you all take this as a general notice.
I don't feel like judging your ways, but please don't try to hit the blindman countless times with the same invalid reasoning. Being a public profile adds nothing. Having it in the alternative cryptocurrency jungle might be satisfying due to its lack, but by no means translates immediately to transparency and competence like you are intending to make believe.

Having said that, I don't doubt that VRC devs set a few unique precedents. You should focus more on that imo. Their vision was ambitious, yet palpable. They've actually achieved to implement unique tools to their ideals. VeriBit for example, being centralized or not, was a successfully implemented changing feature. It covered a whole series of issues related to acceptance, and it was presented in a simple but effective way. Other features like SMS were less effective, and less impressive to the eye, yet they went all in the great purpose to bring crypto to the masses easily. This must be noted.

VRC had a quite royal run, because it caught most of the community on an early phase, generating its initial attracting volume, and getting backed later by a few more of those who saw an opportunity.
The hype after a few weeks, at the current price range actually, was insane. #VRC was second to Bitcoin in Twitter references regarding crypto currency. And all that jazz eventually came up to tell you: "hey, they're public, you can't get hurt."
But you did. It's my honest belief that that pump needed an end to satisfy some parts, and even though I'm not sure if its end was premeditated, I'm certainly suspicious on certain actions taken at the time.
Nothing can consistently go up in value without getting a few chops. And VRC seemed undefeatable. The interest was so huge that some even put their life savings into it. And they got burned.

Now the important part of it, if we fast forward it till now: VeriCoin stands solid on its real market price. For what it is, let's say it. You can trade it now ~40k less of its ATH. Some might think it's a disaster, others an opportunity.
Then comes the need to reinvent from the bagholder, so there's a Supernet all of a sudden (because community paid for it in the sake of "we must do something") and the once before active devs - slowly get 'sold' to take a route they never before idealized. For market's sake.
If it wouldn't be for the pressure - and to this point I stand corrected and apologize for my poisonous VRC rants on Twitter that I never cared to explain in detail*; I'd be happy to envision a VeriCoin loyal to its initial principles, with hard hand good communicating devs, and real palpable routes like were drawn before.

Point is, before I wander off even more, worry not to bring VRC out of its own devs, by Supernetting the shit out of it. This was a silly idea. Instead, convince this team to question their way and their will.
If principles are still intact, I don't see a reason not to hard implement them. We know that funds are easily raised. And even the dev needs a bit of motivation from its peers. Catch him before he moves off to another project, where your money is not at... yet.

Disclaimer:
*I am kleineaap, @1kleine twitter handle. Long term supporter of VRC since I discovered it at 800sat. I used my early BTC funds to support the market buys and accumulated enough all the way to 1.5 million VRC.
The night I finished dumping half a million coins I made my holdings public for the first time. 3 hours later there was the "Mintpal hack" which ended up hurting me a lot.
The hack was never explained. One of the devs actually told me that "we never had any proof evidence of an actual hack taking place". I've called out the other devs, and I was in search for a decent clarification "that protects the investors" which never came.
So I've moved on, and despite not suffering direct losses, I somewhat felt that I was prevented to dump. So I said fuck you, and I managed to sell another 500k off market during the sell off.
Still holding a third of it. What happened? I can speculate, but honestly I don't know for sure.

But at least Alex/Ryan is public now and we don't have Mintpal anymore.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:52:08 AM

Highjacking this post.

I'm still not sure why you'd find public developers - of a project that you invested in - a greater deal.
Is it possible that you just suck at investing? If, in your eyes, it's rare to find the real people behind the projects you back. And please note, when I say 'you', I'm not referring to OP specifically. I prefer if you all take this as a general notice.
I don't feel like judging your ways, but please don't try to hit the blindman countless times with the same invalid reasoning. Being a public profile adds nothing. Having it in the alternative cryptocurrency jungle might be satisfying due to its lack, but by no means translates immediately to transparency and competence like you are intending to make believe.

Having said that, I don't doubt that VRC devs set a few unique precedents. You should focus more on that imo. Their vision was ambitious, yet palpable. They've actually achieved to implement unique tools to their ideals. VeriBit for example, being centralized or not, was a successfully implemented changing feature. It covered a whole series of issues related to acceptance, and it was presented in a simple but effective way. Other features like SMS were less effective, and less impressive to the eye, yet they went all in the great purpose to bring crypto to the masses easily. This must be noted.

VRC had a quite royal run, because it caught most of the community on an early phase, generating its initial attracting volume, and getting backed later by a few more of those who saw an opportunity.
The hype after a few weeks, at the current price range actually, was insane. #VRC was second to Bitcoin in Twitter references regarding crypto currency. And all that jazz eventually came up to tell you: "hey, they're public, you can't get hurt."
But you did. It's my honest belief that that pump needed an end to satisfy some parts, and even though I'm not sure if its end was premeditated, I'm certainly suspicious on certain actions taken at the time.
Nothing can consistently go up in value without getting a few chops. And VRC seemed undefeatable. The interest was so huge that some even put their life savings into it. And they got burned.

Now the important part of it, if we fast forward it till now: VeriCoin stands solid on its real market price. For what it is, let's say it. You can trade it now ~40k less of its ATH. Some might think it's a disaster, others an opportunity.
Then comes the need to reinvent from the bagholder, so there's a Supernet all of a sudden (because community paid for it in the sake of "we must do something") and the once before active devs - slowly get 'sold' to take a route they never before idealized. For market's sake.
If it wouldn't be for the pressure - and to this point I stand corrected and apologize for my poisonous VRC rants on Twitter that I never cared to explain in detail*; I'd be happy to envision a VeriCoin loyal to its initial principles, with hard hand good communicating devs, and real palpable routes like were drawn before.

Point is, before I wander off even more, worry not to bring VRC out of its own devs, by Supernetting the shit out of it. This was a silly idea. Instead, convince this team to question their way and their will.
If principles are still intact, I don't see a reason not to hard implement them. We know that funds are easily raised. And even the dev needs a bit of motivation from its peers. Catch him before he moves off to another project, where your money is not at... yet.

Disclaimer:
*I am kleineaap, @1kleine twitter handle. Long term supporter of VRC since I discovered it at 800sat. I used my early BTC funds to support the market buys and accumulated enough all the way to 1.5 million VRC.
The night I finished dumping half a million coins I made my holdings public for the first time. 3 hours later there was the "Mintpal hack" which ended up hurting me a lot.
The hack was never explained. One of the devs actually told me that "we never had any proof evidence of an actual hack taking place". I've called out the other devs, and I was in search for a decent clarification "that protects the investors" which never came.
So I've moved on, and despite not suffering direct losses, I somewhat felt that I was prevented to dump. So I said fuck you, and I managed to sell another 500k off market during the sell off.
Still holding a third of it. What happened? I can speculate, but honestly I don't know for sure.

But at least Alex/Ryan is public now and we don't have Mintpal anymore.
Hey kleineaap ! From your rants on twitter i didn't know you can articulate so well Wink So why the sudden post ? I read it but not really understanding where you stand really... either way glad to hear from you.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Coinler

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:22:01 AM

roadmap looking good for this coin. I like the stability of the price also, you know it will not be dumped to 2200 like XST as it is a true value at the moment and can only go up.
It usually floats between 9K and 11K so buying now is smart I think.

Yeah really GREAT looking roadmap,  looks very much like the I/OCoin one. We are more ahead on our developments also. Smiley

looks good. the market looks good too returning to an organic growth pattern i believe.
Pages: « 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: