Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:48:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:00:55 PM

We also need other's opinion on this.

kora2

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:56:22 PM

I want to discuss something that came to my mind yesterday night  Cheesy

NXT will get a feature called Monetary System. How about issuing ORA as a coin inside the NXT ecosystem? ORA would be one of the first coins inside NXT (probably the first). We´re already living inside the NXT ecosystem as an asset, so why not issuing a coin there and swapping the Assets for it?

We have discussed this. This could be one of the option.

What's your cons on this?

I think it's a great opportunity. NXT has it's initial distribution problem, which someone always talks about. Besides this there is a great community and NXT contains many features. ORA has a good initial distribution (if not the best so far).
Together it could be awesome Grin In my opinion it could perform much better than a simple clone of another coin.

I proposed this option two times earlier this year in this thread, but AFAIK Ora devs or Kora never came back to give their opinion on this matter.

Well dont get this wrong, but we still have not seen the ms system yet. The documentations are there, i am also actively stdying the MS but yeah we cant decide without seeing anything.

The pros - we can use all the Nxt features.
The cons - totally dependant on Nxt platform and Ora does not have its own platform or its own features.

Like i said earlier, we are considering Ora being A Currency exist in Nxt Monetary System. But we need to see what it is all about before deciding. Do you feel this approach is wrong?

it all right Smiley

Oh, sorry if you didn't see my opinion on MS earlier! I think I've mentioned the MS a few times earlier, but maybe not highlighted my opinion heavily.

CfB actually offered to help us launch (K)Ora as an MS currency back in June.
https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/korasibling-of-qorafree-fair-distributionregistration-countdown!!/msg52660/#msg52660

I think MS will be a revolutionary change for crypto movement, but as Darkhorse mentioned, we still need to learn more of the details before we can make an informed decision as to whether it's the best option for ORA.

The final decision will be made by nio, but my personal opinion in MS is a fantastic 'plan B'. By that I mean the tech side of its deployment isn't beyond the capabilities of guys like me that aren't developers, so MS deployment of ORA is like the escape pod attached to the mother ship. If for whatever reason it became obvious that we couldn't develop and launch our own software platform for ORA and/or the active community supporting ORA was critically low, then I feel confident that I could launch ORA as an MS currency on my own.

Let me stress that I'm still very confident team ORA will produce some innovative & unique coin software ourselves (just a lot slower than most of us are used to in this community), and we might choose to opt for the MS because we feel it is the best option. We've discussed this option quite a bit internally on our own forum oraforum.org. Anyone who is interested and has ideas can ask for access and join in the discussion there, or here!

Small private discussions are quite helpful, especially as nio is busy with other real world stuff at the moment, so we're still brain storming, and often that's best done in 'private', but that doesn't mean 'exclusive', just that it's better to discuss options among committed & interested people, and at the moment that's quite a small group.

bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:33:00 PM

Btw, what is everyone's opinion about Ora on Nxt  Monetary System
I dont know much about Nxt MS.
But I guess there would be many coins available in Nxt MS and we might lose our aura of being different.

I fear we become just yet another coin in Nxt MS

I vote for going from scratch after pulling out the best ideas from all the currently competing coins, which will stamp our existence in the crypto world,
provided we have the talent and resources to do it.
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:36:07 PM

what to do with ora asset now? Only trade?
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:38:14 PM

Well we will finalise soon the direction to take once Monetary System is live. I hope all stake holders to calm a bit.

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:53:47 PM

any news about the project? deadlines etc...? (sorry if i missed that info along the way...)
griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:09:47 PM

any news about the project? deadlines etc...? (sorry if i missed that info along the way...)

Nothing yet.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:57:03 AM

No deadlines yet. Once we have something finalised we will make everyone gets it.

S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:18:43 AM

Well we will finalise soon the direction to take once Monetary System is live. I hope all stake holders to calm a bit.
ok thanks.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:38:50 PM

Quick heads up..you can all expect some project updates next week (if not earlier).
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:40:33 PM

Quick heads up, you can all expect some project updates next week (if not earlier).

thats great  Grin Just updates or some nice wallet?
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

Quick heads up, you can all expect some project updates next week (if not earlier).

thats great  Grin Just updates or some nice wallet?

No wallet, but some info on where we're at!
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:05:34 AM

thats great  Grin Just updates or some nice wallet?

It will be more on the direction we are about to take and some real info updates on what's happening i suppose.

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:51:12 PM

Announcement
Friends and supporters of ORA, I am very pleased to announce that ORA will be a Monetary System (MS) currency running on top of the NXT platform. 

As you will no doubt be aware, the founding members of ORA have taken quite a while to survey and consider all the current  tech options  available to us, and in the end the choice was obvious to ALL of us, and the decision was unanimous!

When the ORA project was launched in May we made it clear that our first task was community building, and we would attempt at every stage to create a fully decentralized, robust, & leaderless organizational structure to best match the goals and ideals of the crypto currency pioneers like Satoshi Nakamoto and BCNext. 

ORA is a ‘Starfish’,  and over the last six months we have learnt a lot from NXT, which by any measure is THE most decentralized and robust of all current crypto currency communities to date. It seems fitting therefore, that ORA will become one of the first MS currencies using the NXT monetary system - the little ORA starfish riding on top of the bigger NXT starfish.

Organisational structure is critical to long-term success, and NXT is decentralised, leaderless and open to everyone and anyone, just as ORA is!

When CFB first suggested this option in June the only real reservation was that ORA would be dependent on the NXT platform for its very existence. Six months on, as NXT celebrates its first birthday we believe the connection with NXT is a major advantage for ORA. The NXT ecosystem is resilient, vibrant, and grows stronger every day, and the development output over the last 12 months has been truly staggering. NXT is obviously here to stay!

We believe the NXT platform offers ORA long term network stability, just as TCP/IP offers stability for higher order protocols like HTTP, FTP, SMTP, and this stability will allow us to focus our resources and attention on the more ‘retail’ level concerns, like user experience, leaving the ‘backstage’ grunt work of network security and stability for NXT.

With ORA as an MS currency we are confident that the NXT network is established and robust, and we can safely leave the tasks of network security to the NXT platform, and that lets ORA focus on ‘higher order’ tasks, like usability, marketing, real world uses, and community building.

The synergies possible with NXT made this an easy and obvious choice!

NXT really is like TCP/IP for crypto now, and the ORA mind-set has always been about finding success through working co-operatively with other projects, so re-inventing the network security 'wheel' ourselves seems like a waste of resources.

After observing NXT closely over the last 12 months we know its future is very bright, and this choice does in some way go towards fulfilling some of BCNext’s ultimate goals for NXT.

As always, we welcome any feedback our stakeholders might have, and we take this opportunity to invite all people to join us, particularly those with dev skills who are interested in developing the ORA applications that will run on NXT. Remember, ORA has considerable community funds, and after six months we have established ourselves as an honest and credible group of people interested in advancing the crypto currency movement. If you are looking for a crypto project to get involved with then please consider helping ORA!

coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:58:20 PM

Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Great news, I'm happy to know that.  Cheesy
Ora devs could focus on increasing the capability of the MS so Ora get up in value.

Announcement
Friends and supporters of ORA, I am very pleased to announce that ORA will be a Monetary System (MS) currency running on top of the NXT platform.  

As you will no doubt be aware, the founding members of ORA have taken quite a while to survey and consider all the current  tech options  available to us, and in the end the choice was obvious to ALL of us, and the decision was unanimous!

When the ORA project was launched in May we made it clear that our first task was community building, and we would attempt at every stage to create a fully decentralized, robust, & leaderless organizational structure to best match the goals and ideals of the crypto currency pioneers like Satoshi Nakamoto and BCNext.  

ORA is a ‘Starfish’,  and over the last six months we have learnt a lot from NXT, which by any measure is THE most decentralized and robust of all current crypto currency communities to date. It seems fitting therefore, that ORA will become one of the first MS currencies using the NXT monetary system - the little ORA starfish riding on top of the bigger NXT starfish.

Organisational structure is critical to long-term success, and NXT is decentralised, leaderless and open to everyone and anyone, just as ORA is!

When CFB first suggested this option in June the only real reservation was that ORA would be dependent on the NXT platform for its very existence. Six months on, as NXT celebrates its first birthday we believe the connection with NXT is a major advantage for ORA. The NXT ecosystem is resilient, vibrant, and grows stronger every day, and the development output over the last 12 months has been truly staggering. NXT is obviously here to stay!

We believe the NXT platform offers ORA long term network stability, just as TCP/IP offers stability for higher order protocols like HTTP, FTP, SMTP, and this stability will allow us to focus our resources and attention on the more ‘retail’ level concerns, like user experience, leaving the ‘backstage’ grunt work of network security and stability for NXT.

With ORA as an MS currency we are confident that the NXT network is established and robust, and we can safely leave the tasks of network security to the NXT platform, and that lets ORA focus on ‘higher order’ tasks, like usability, marketing, real world uses, and community building.

The synergies possible with NXT made this an easy and obvious choice!

NXT really is like TCP/IP for crypto now, and the ORA mind-set has always been about finding success through working co-operatively with other projects, so re-inventing the network security 'wheel' ourselves seems like a waste of resources.

After observing NXT closely over the last 12 months we know its future is very bright, and this choice does in some way go towards fulfilling some of BCNext’s ultimate goals for NXT.

As always, we welcome any feedback our stakeholders might have, and we take this opportunity to invite all people to join us, particularly those with dev skills who are interested in developing the ORA applications that will run on NXT. Remember, ORA has considerable community funds, and after six months we have established ourselves as an honest and credible group of people interested in advancing the crypto currency movement. If you are looking for a crypto project to get involved with then please consider helping ORA!

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
smalltimer

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:03:49 AM

it seems Qora prefers to become irrelevant before opening source and being copied by Ora lmao

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:44:41 AM

can we still want to clone the qora, or just do our own coin now?
dev~

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:18:26 AM

dev~

It seems you haven't read the announcement:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.msg9655399#msg9655399

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:11:42 PM

dev~

We are moving forward this project by issuing the coins on Nxt platform with the feature Monetary System. We taking a practical solution and will be working towards use cases.

We will be testing it on v1.4.0e

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: