Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150753 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:51:54 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 03:45:10 AM by AltcoinScamfinder

Would be easy enough to request exchanges to freeze Clams, take a snapshot and simply BAN your clam address.

LOL

Well, I'm not mad at you.  I lost about 90% of my equity but that's just the way the market works.  I only wish you'd have tried to optimize your position a little better so the crash didn't happen so violently.

I could have been better at hiding how many clams I have. By accidentally revealing that info, it lead to a market panic. The amount of clams I sold pales in comparison to what everyone else dumped on the market. I'm definitely the catalyst. So sorry about that.

Seems quite unlikely that you would be smart enough to dig 10.000s of addresses and at the same time be dumb enough to by 'mistake' reveal your address and 'unknowingly' create panic. Even a complete idiot could have dug slower over a long period or time, hid the digging and made 5x the BTC. And on the flipside, if you still wanted Clam to survive you could simply either dump all you have and reset the market or sell them all OTC. Since you are not, you are still actively pushing price down, or of course you are just breathtakingly stupid.

FOR RENT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 03:45:53 AM

Would be easy enough to request exchanges to freeze Clams, take a snapshot and simply BAN your clam address.
LOL
Well, I'm not mad at you.  I lost about 90% of my equity but that's just the way the market works.  I only wish you'd have tried to optimize your position a little better so the crash didn't happen so violently.
I could have been better at hiding how many clams I have. By accidentally revealing that info, it lead to a market panic. The amount of clams I sold pales in comparison to what everyone else dumped on the market. I'm definitely the catalyst. So sorry about that.
Seems quite unlikely that you would be smart enough to dig 10.000s of addresses and at the same time be dumb enough to by 'mistake' reveal your address and 'unknowingly' create panic. Even a complete idiot could have dug slower over a long period or time, hid the digging and made 5x the BTC.

The attacks aren't helpful.

Do you have a recommendation or idea for the first census/petition, that doesn't include "I'm taking my toys and going home"?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:49:34 AM

LOL
Well, I'm not mad at you.  I lost about 90% of my equity but that's just the way the market works.  I only wish you'd have tried to optimize your position a little better so the crash didn't happen so violently.
Seems quite unlikely that you would be smart enough to dig 10.000s of addresses and at the same time be dumb enough to by 'mistake' reveal your address and 'unknowingly' create panic. Even a complete idiot could have dug slower over a long period or time, hid the digging and made 5x the BTC.

Do you have a recommendation or idea for the first census/petition, that doesn't include "I'm taking my toys and going home"?

I don't see them as attacks, because I don't think he's stupid. I am just making the argument that the whole story kind of stinks. There are so much smarter ways to make a LOT of money from digging 10000s of addresses then the way that it's being done and almost none of them involves crashing price by 90%.

FOR RENT.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 03:54:08 AM

LOL
I don't see them as attacks, because I don't think he's stupid. I am just making the argument that the whole story kind of stinks. There are so much smarter ways to make a LOT of money from digging 10000s of addresses then the way that it's being done.

I think the "help" part is arguably self-serving.

It didn't take "stupidity" to be revealed in his digging.
As I understand it, the client was set to conserve "age".
This caused the "youngest" outputs to be used first, and created the trail that was discovered.

Regardless, roasting him isn't going to help us move forward.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 03:58:49 AM

LOL

I don't see them as attacks, because I don't think he's stupid. I am just making the argument that the whole story kind of stinks. There are so much smarter ways to make a LOT of money from digging 10000s of addresses then the way that it's being done and almost none of them involves crashing price by 90%.

Can have many reasons. Unexperienced in trading, fear of the chance going away, being an employee that has no clue and was told by the boss to sell all these clams. And so on.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:59:08 AM

LOL
I don't see them as attacks, because I don't think he's stupid. I am just making the argument that the whole story kind of stinks. There are so much smarter ways to make a LOT of money from digging 10000s of addresses then the way that it's being done.

This caused the "youngest" outputs to be used first, and created the trail that was discovered.

Ah, Ok. And I guess I agree. Just figured that if you were to dig what could have been $1 million worth of CLAM's, figuring out a way of doing so without crashing market price would be a priority.

FOR RENT.
danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:06:04 AM

LOL

Ah, Ok. And I guess I agree. Just figured that if you were to dig what could have been $1 million worth of CLAM's, figuring out a way of doing so without crashing market price would be a priority.

Yes. Price in late August when dumps began (pre-dating any discussion here) price was 10X what it is now. Best way would have been to prop up market with BTC gains and sold slowly.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:54:45 AM

LOL

Yes. Price in late August when dumps began (pre-dating any discussion here) price was 10X what it is now. Best way would have been to prop up market with BTC gains and sold slowly.

That's my point. About 10 easy ways to maximize profits from digging without moving price at all including margin shorts and large sells, selling to a BTC heavy person with Clam interest (Just contacting Doog would prob have done it), selling small over time etc. I also don't buy that we are dealing with 'an inexperienced trader' since the person has not only the technical savvy for the digging but has been involved in crypto since at least early 2013.

FOR RENT.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:47:07 AM

LOL

YES!!! This would be prudent and sane behavior. The fact he s not doing that and continues stubbornly dumping without any plan show you he does NOT care about CLAM and his only plan is to get as many BTC as fast as possible. He s also aware of the fact the amount of CLAM he s about to insert into the market over this short period of time is going to seriously, SERIOUSLY decimate the coin, if not kill it completely. If my hypothesis is correct, pls tell me again again why wouldn't the dev team eliminate digging? Cause the way I see it, they can choose between CLAM survival and changing the code.

If I m mistaken, pls do offer some other theory why this guy keeps dumping and crashing the price down? There s more then one way to sell your CLAM.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 07:16:28 AM

He s also aware of the fact the amount of CLAM he s about to insert into the market over this short period of time is going to seriously, SERIOUSLY decimate the coin, if not kill it completely. If my hypothesis is correct, pls tell me again again why wouldn't the dev team eliminate digging? Cause the way I see it, they can choose between CLAM survival and changing the code.

Sorry, your contribution is appreciated, but using the word "fact" doesn't make it a "fact".
Short-term, a large influx of newly circulating CLAM can certainly have an impact on market price.

I expect the only thing that could seriously damage the mid-to-long-term health of the CLAM eco-system would be a choice by dooglus to remove CLAM as the token at the Just-Dice service.
This assumes, of course, that the code/network/consensus mechanism continues to function.

He has clearly stated that he has no intention of doing that so long as the activity on Just-Dice continues to "pay-the-bills".
This assurance was made to the community even assuming the plan to institute a census/voting mechanism to network broke down and a fork of CLAM was created for Just-Dice, whatever the name.

In short, the sky is not "falling", just yet.

CLAM has a unique distribution method, and the unique challenges that come along with that distribution method.
Other methods also have challenges, such as the problem of pre-mine, insta-mine and/or pre-sale in proof-of-work networks.
These are real challenges: but, the community is best served by gathering data and exhausting possibilities before making such fundamental changes.

The decision has been made to allow the network itself to decide it's own fate, via petitions/census/voting.
This is the chosen path for the reference version of the CLAMclient.
It is believed that this path will improve the CLAM community and put us in a better position to handle disagreements and decisions about development in the future.

It is a first step in the process of allowing the network to help guide where development resources are targeted.

The first petition, on this issue, will be coming quite quickly; likely beginning just after this weekend.
In-depth details of the methodology of the petition process will be announced with the first petition.

If you feel this way: your time is best spent evangelizing to the community about why they should choose/vote for a change you agree with the most.
You are not alone; however, neither are you surrounded with agreement.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:36:53 AM

He s also aware of the fact the amount of CLAM he s about to insert into the market over this short period of time is going to seriously, SERIOUSLY decimate the coin, if not kill it completely. If my hypothesis is correct, pls tell me again again why wouldn't the dev team eliminate digging? Cause the way I see it, they can choose between CLAM survival and changing the code.

Sorry, your contribution is appreciated, but using the word "fact" doesn't make it a "fact".
Short-term, a large influx of newly circulating CLAM can certainly have an impact on market price.

I expect the only thing that could seriously damage the mid-to-long-term health of the CLAM eco-system would be a choice by dooglus to remove CLAM as the token at the Just-Dice service.
This assumes, of course, that the code/network/consensus mechanism continues to function.

He has clearly stated that he has no intention of doing that so long as the activity on Just-Dice continues to "pay-the-bills".
This assurance was made to the community even assuming the plan to institute a census/voting mechanism to network broke down and a fork of CLAM was created for Just-Dice, whatever the name.

In short, the sky is not "falling", just yet.

CLAM has a unique distribution method, and the unique challenges that come along with that distribution method.
Other methods also have challenges, such as the problem of pre-mine, insta-mine and/or pre-sale in proof-of-work networks.
These are real challenges: but, the community is best served by gathering data and exhausting possibilities before making such fundamental changes.

The decision has been made to allow the network itself to decide it's own fate, via petitions/census/voting.
This is the chosen path for the reference version of the CLAMclient.
It is believed that this path will improve the CLAM community and put us in a better position to handle disagreements and decisions about development in the future.

It is a first step in the process of allowing the network to help guide where development resources are targeted.

The first petition, on this issue, will be coming quite quickly; likely beginning just after this weekend.
In-depth details of the methodology of the petition process will be announced with the first petition.

If you feel this way: your time is best spent evangelizing to the community about why they should choose/vote for a change you agree with the most.
You are not alone; however, neither are you surrounded with agreement.

Voting, YES! There we completely agree. I do not want to impose my opinion on this community, neither I can do that. But it is a fact that CLAM lost 3/4 of its value over a period of 3 months. It s also a fact this coincides with the period the digger has emerged. It is also a fact there are other PoS coins which do not have this kind of issue. The easiest thing would be to say, OK, if you think other coins are better, go there. No! Even without having any serious financial involvement into CLAM, I still think this coin is one of the best PoS coins there, largely due to Price Dice support. I would not like it to go down due to benefits of one single individual, the digger. Let us see how this voting process is going to look like.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 08:45:08 AM

Voting, YES! There we completely agree. I do not want to impose my opinion on this community, neither I can do that. But it is a fact that CLAM lost 3/4 of its value over a period of 3 months. It s also a fact this coincides with the period the digger has emerged. It is also a fact there are other PoS coins which do not have this kind of issue. The easiest thing would be to say, OK, if you think other coins are better, go there. No! Even without having any serious financial involvement into CLAM, I still think this coin is one of the best PoS coins there, largely due to Price Dice support. I would not like it to go down due to benefits of one single individual, the digger. Let us see how this voting process is going to look like.

Smiley

Price has went down.
Value and price are two very different things.

This is especially true when a market is young/shallow and clearly not stable/efficient.
It could be argued that given an efficient and stable market without any externalities the market price IS an assessment of value.
The margin of error, given how shallow the CLAM market is, would make any assessment at the moment very difficult.

That leaves us with fundamentals.
I am not convinced the fundamentals, and thus "value", have changed much.
The velocity of the recent digging certainly changes estimates quite a bit.
But, estimates were subjective from the beginning.

Regardless, we will know much more about how the stakeholders feel after the petition process has commenced.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 11:37:22 AM

Why haven't I ever heard about this ?

http://www.coindesk.com/poloniex-loses-12-3-bitcoins-latest-bitcoin-exchange-hack/

The hacker discovered that if you place several withdrawals all in practically the same instant, they will get processed at more or less the same time. This will result in a negative balance, but valid insertions into the database, which then get picked up by the withdrawal daemon. ~ D'Agosta

If I did not make this adjustment, people would most likely withdraw all their BTC as soon as possible in order to make sure they weren't left in that remaining 12.3%.

Does anyone else notice the same "oh noes how did that happen ??!! I'm a stupid noob and/or I got hacked" narrative ?

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 11:42:29 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/poloniex-loses-12-3-bitcoins-latest-bitcoin-exchange-hack/
The hacker discovered that if you place several withdrawals all in practically the same instant, they will get processed at more or less the same time. This will result in a negative balance, but valid insertions into the database, which then get picked up by the withdrawal daemon. ~ D'Agosta
If I did not make this adjustment, people would most likely withdraw all their BTC as soon as possible in order to make sure they weren't left in that remaining 12.3%.
Does anyone else notice the same "oh noes how did that happen ??!! I'm a stupid noob and/or I got hacked" narrative ?

If I am not mistaken, Poloniex quite swiftly paid back the "12.3%" via exchange fees.
Don't quote me though, as I am not positive.
Remember hearing about it ages ago.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 12:52:35 PM

If I am not mistaken, Poloniex quite swiftly paid back the "12.3%" via exchange fees.
Don't quote me though, as I am not positive.
Remember hearing about it ages ago.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Right.. they gave the customers a "hair cut" then robbed them again with higher fees.. and you consider this acceptable ? GTFO lolz

I was implying that your/Dooglus' story about "the digger" sounds just as made up as Polo's. lol

Who are/were you before you made this account ? hmmm ? (we will eventually find out.. Shocked )

If I/we were to clone the original CLAM client and move the snapshot back 1 year, how many coins will you, I mean Dooglus, I mean BayAreaCoins lose ?

dave23

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:23:08 PM

If I/we were to clone the original CLAM client and move the snapshot back 1 year, how many coins will you, I mean Dooglus, I mean BayAreaCoins lose ?

Are you suggesting that dooglus, superclam, and BayAreaCoins are the same person? or that they are working together to somehow benefit?

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:43:12 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 02:53:58 PM by DrkLvr_

YES!!! This would be prudent and sane behavior. The fact he s not doing that and continues stubbornly dumping without any plan show you he does NOT care about CLAM and his only plan is to get as many BTC as fast as possible. He s also aware of the fact the amount of CLAM he s about to insert into the market over this short period of time is going to seriously, SERIOUSLY decimate the coin, if not kill it completely. If my hypothesis is correct, pls tell me again again why wouldn't the dev team eliminate digging? Cause the way I see it, they can choose between CLAM survival and changing the code.

If I m mistaken, pls do offer some other theory why this guy keeps dumping and crashing the price down? There s more then one way to sell your CLAM.

Lol, i can't believe what i'm hearing. You would prefer that the mega whale prop the price up while he dumps on everyone? Ask yourself what would have happened in that case.. the price would have dumped when he was finished dumping at 0.01+ BTC / coin and the propping stopped.

Your "Prudent and sane" behavior would have only delayed the inevitable dumps. the CLAM community would have paid ~$2,000,000 for his 500k CLAMS, instead of the $225,000 at current prices.

This scenario is the best for everyone except the digger. The coins are getting distributed at a much lower price. So be thankful he fucked up. Place your orders at 100k, 80k, 50k, 25k or whatever and wait until he runs out of CLAM.
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:11:13 PM

This scenario is the best for everyone except the digger. The coins are getting distributed at a much lower price. So be thankful he fucked up. Place your orders at 100k, 80k, 50k, 25k or whatever and wait until he runs out of CLAM.

^ This.  This is the way the coin was originally designed with its distribution.

Things are as they should be,  I agree if people don't like this coin - then find something else more suited to you.

But to go changing parameters now is just crazy and will only lead to less confidence in the coin.  (How many more times will things change??)

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:41:56 PM

Lol, i can't believe what i'm hearing. You would prefer that the mega whale prop the price up while he dumps on everyone? Ask yourself what would have happened in that case.. the price would have dumped when he was finished dumping at 0.01+ BTC / coin and the propping stopped.

Your "Prudent and sane" behavior would have only delayed the inevitable dumps. the CLAM community would have paid ~$2,000,000 for his 500k CLAMS, instead of the $225,000 at current prices.

That's my point. Anyone with a nugget of trading smarts could have squeezed much more money out of the community over time than the digger has. Ergo, malicious intent.

FOR RENT.
gamblingbad

Activity: 568

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 04:31:32 PM

clap clap clap. Finally someone logical. There is around 350 btc left of clam digger has at this price, not give the digger 1k btc.  People who bought over .01 should double up if they want ever get in profit. 

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: