Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:25:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 01:26:10 PM

I'm all out of CLAMs. I sold 50 btc at 0.00076 and about 50 btc more around 0.0008. That's it for me. The price should go up now. Great for those that got in at such a cheap price!

Good to hear, enjoy your Btc Smiley
Interesting recovery

Indeed... Polo's fees will add up quickly while you're faking market activity by buying your sell orders back. Wink

Gullable as you may be.. your shillery makes you an accessory to this fraud/ crime.

Speaking of which..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=210646

Any day now with the taking down of your scam promo/sig, "Creative".

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:56:14 PM

What happens when support subsequently changes after the 50% support is reached? Coins change hands, opinions change and suddenly something that had 50% support last week doesn't this week. This week being an excellent example since apparently 200K+ coins have apparently changed hands.

That's an issue with this CLAMour thing. It's possible to buy votes, in the form of CLAMs. You need 500k CLAMs or so to get 50% support for your petition, so maybe for a million dollars you could get your petition some attention.

That's an issue, but not the issue I raised.
Muttley

Activity: 853
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:11:11 PM

Does the whale digger really sold all his CLAMs yesterday? No more dumps?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:06:34 PM

Does the whale digger really sold all his CLAMs yesterday?

If you believe what he says, yes. Beyond that it is impossible to know.

No more dumps?

Other people, including whoever supposedly bought his 100 BTC worth of CLAMs, might dump.

The stake weight on the network has gone up by about 200K CLAMs, so someone is staking coins that weren't be staked yesterday. That is unambiguous.
Muttley

Activity: 853

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:21:45 PM

No more dumps?

Other people, including whoever supposedly bought his 100 BTC worth of CLAMs, might dump.

The stake weight on the network has gone up by about 200K CLAMs, so someone is staking coins that weren't be staked yesterday. That is unambiguous.

True. I noticed the stake weight too.
Thanks.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:51:56 PM

Does the whale digger really sold all his CLAMs yesterday? No more dumps?

He claims to have:

I'm all out of CLAMs. I sold 50 btc at 0.00076 and about 50 btc more around 0.0008. That's it for me. The price should go up now. Great for those that got in at such a cheap price!

I bought 10k CLAMs at 0.00082, and know of several others who bought similar or large amounts at around the same price.

There's no guarantee that the new buyers won't be selling or that a new digger won't appear. But for now it seems the downward price pressure is on hold.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Kefkius

Activity: 64
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:58:19 PM

I've just created a clamour petition: http://clamsight.com/tx/9777a04456f7f15f4aa56209ec85ed207268a2274b5ba1de03ac718f0ca600ac

Here is the clamspeech: "create clamour ff839af983f5e0e9f85ea3bd93cb8c7b47e0ba2f5aea4100be12d8eb4cc77bc2 https://gist.github.com/Kefkius/88e2a1a5c965f4be83e"

The gist at the URL has the following contents:
Code:
Change the behavior of the opcode CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY so that it behaves identically to Bitcoin's implementation.

Probably not something that people care enough about to vote on, but it's an example use case.

Developer of FreeBitcoins.com Clamcoin faucet.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:20:30 PM

This thread has become pretty annoying, just mostly one person saying the same thing over and over to try and impose their views on others.

Glad to see some other tools to involve the community so I never have to stop by here again

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

― Adolf Hitler
Szaja1990

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:43:52 PM

as always , I bought and the price is going down.
hate crypto world
sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:27:34 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 06:15:54 PM by sx100

No more dumps?

There was another 50 bitcoin dump about twelve hours after the whale digger said he'd run out of CLAMS. Either he was lying or someone else who bought in low was taking profits. CLAMS had the biggest price swings of any coin yesterday, and that could have drawn speculators to the market looking for a fast profit.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:58:48 PM

No more dumps?

There was another 50 bitcoin dump about twelve hours after the whale digger said he'd run out of CLAMS. Either he was lying or someone else who brought in low was taking profits. CLAMS had the biggest price swings of any coin yesterday, and that could have drawn speculators to the market looking for a fast profit.

There was a lot of people margin trading since volume was huge, so that might have been margin call . also is no one ever supposed to sell or whats your point ?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:11:48 PM

No more dumps?

There was another 50 bitcoin dump about twelve hours after the whale digger said he'd run out of CLAMS. Either he was lying or someone else who brought in low was taking profits. CLAMS had the biggest price swings of any coin yesterday, and that could have drawn speculators to the market looking for a fast profit.

There was a lot of people margin trading since volume was huge, so that might have been margin call . also is no one ever supposed to sell or whats your point ?

There is also high demand for borrowed CLAMs (i.e. short selling). People are being naive if they don't think there is a motive behind the FUD.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:31:46 PM

I saw that too. After buying 10k CLAMs and not being able to withdraw them, I put them up for lending at 0.5% per day. They were very quickly taken up by people. The rate has since dropped considerably from lenders undercutting each other, so now you're better off staking instead of lending probably.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:36:24 PM

I saw that too. After buying 10k CLAMs and not being able to withdraw them, I put them up for lending at 0.5% per day. They were very quickly taken up by people. The rate has since dropped considerably from lenders undercutting each other, so now you're better off staking instead of lending probably.

When you put up CLAMs for lending that is taken up not buy margin buyers but by people selling CLAMs short (i.e. betting on CLAMs dropping in value), which is something that has been happening a lot during this whole episode. Margin calls on short selling result in market buys, not market sells.

People buying coins on margin will be borrowing BTC, but it is hard to interpret much from the BTC lending market since people could be doing that to buy any of the coins on margin, and probably most of that is the bigger coins like ETH.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:36:54 PM

Crypto needs margin trading like a hole in the head.... I hate margin trading it just creates greedy wankers looking for a quick profit...it does nothing for CLAM or any other coin but increase hype and fud

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:41:02 PM

Crypto needs margin trading like a hole in the head.... I hate margin trading it just creates greedy wankers looking for a quick profit...it does nothing for CLAM or any other coin but increase hype and fud

Agree, especially when it comes to short sellers and FUD, but the whole thing (both long and short margin trading) is a mess that further adds to crazy volatility in small markets with limited liquidity.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:46:38 PM

Question as to changing the Clam protocol (or whatever) to prevent future Whale Diggers.
Forgive me if this has been presented before, but there are many pages in this thread now, but:

Has anyone proposed, a new coin being created from burning your Clam coins?
What I am proposing is a secondary coin (like dogeparty), where we burn our clams now, and lock in that total clam cap,
by a certain date. Anyone who wants these non-dig-able Clams after that date, can no longer burn their clams for conversion.
These "cooked" clams would still have staking and etc, but are not diggable and forever fixed, except for the staking.

This allows current Clam Coin to not change its protocol, which is a violation of the social contact,
and would also allow current Clam holders not to lose value with potential whale diggers.

We could call them "Cooked Clams".

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:01:52 PM

When you put up CLAMs for lending that is taken up not buy margin buyers but by people selling CLAMs short (i.e. betting on CLAMs dropping in value), which is something that has been happening a lot during this whole episode. Margin calls on short selling result in market buys, not market sells.

People buying coins on margin will be borrowing BTC, but it is hard to interpret much from the BTC lending market since people could be doing that to buy any of the coins on margin, and probably most of that is the bigger coins like ETH.

Could you please explain, if you know this, how margin trading works on poloniex? If I short sell like 10k clams and price is stagnating and I decide to close that short will that appear as a buy in market?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:04:53 PM

Could you please explain, if you know this, how margin trading works on poloniex? If I short sell like 10k clams and price is stagnating and I decide to close that short will that appear as a buy in market?

Trades you do on margin (long or short) appear to everyone else to be just like regular trades. The only difference in going short is that you sell first, then close the position with a buy later, instead of the usual buy first, the close the (long) position by selling later. Both long and short margin trades are charged interest and subject to margin calls (where you are forced to close by the system) if the market moves too far against you (the limit depends on the amount of collateral you have in your account).
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:06:21 PM

Question as to changing the Clam protocol (or whatever) to prevent future Whale Diggers.
Forgive me if this has been presented before, but there are many pages in this thread now, but:
Has anyone proposed, a new coin being created from burning your Clam coins?
What I am proposing is a secondary coin (like dogeparty), where we burn our clams now, and lock in that total clam cap,
by a certain date. Anyone who wants these non-dig-able Clams after that date, can no longer burn their clams for conversion.
These "cooked" clams would still have staking and etc, but are not diggable and forever fixed, except for the staking.
This allows current Clam Coin to not change its protocol, which is a violation of the social contact,
and would also allow current Clam holders not to lose value with potential whale diggers.
We could call them "Cooked Clams".

I speak for only myself, but I have no desire to splinter the CLAM community.

This doesn't, of course, change the fact that any party could choose to fork CLAM and create such a network.

The small purchases are made to cover loses incurred by the short-selling (if price goes up after a short-sale, the portfolio has lost 'value', and must purchase CLAM to cover that loss).

At least, that is my understanding of it.

EDIT:
When you close a short-sold position, you must purchase the CLAM to cover your position (and thus reimburse the person you loaned the CLAM from).
Never really participated in margin orders, but that is mt understanding.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: