Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:35:14 AM

Can I use the "setstaketo" command to let my Raspberry Pi do the staking while keeping my precious Clams secure?

No, that only affects where the newly created coins are sent.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:38:36 AM

I suggested that to him, but he said that he doesn't want "clamd" to access his Private Keys

Yes, I saw. I just thought I'd tell him too.

The CLAM client signs its transactions in the same way as Bitcoin clients do, with minor changes - the version byte is different, there's an optional 'clam speech' field, etc.

It's not too big a job to review the code and see how the signing is done if you have the required knowledge. But if someone doesn't want to put in the effort and isn't willing to trust the signing code without reviewing it then they don't have to claim their coins.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
MasterP4

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Here we go!!

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:45:54 AM

The way you explain things is very well and you speak with the authority of being able to understand the code, I try to explain but is more harder because I'm not 100% sure about what I'm talking about because i do guessing in some cases about how something is supposed to work, your opinion is very appreciated doog.

He have a case very similar to me, I have a couple of addresses that i don't want to empty, my options were clear, check the code by myself (required knowledge is still on 101), try to follow the best security practices to minimize risk and trust the clam client with my private keys or never claim those clams. I opted for the third one, sometimes an address like your first btc address or a vanity one that you like can be very important in some way, if you don't gonna feel comfortable with a certain action is better to try find another way to get those Clams.

if you need something leave me a message.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 09:43:09 AM

sometimes an address like your first btc address or a vanity one that you like can be very important in some way

One of the ways in which such btc addresses are important is as a signal to others that these addresses are considered “special” by the owner and worth close attention, such as generating a “look-alikey” vanity address that is designed, in the right circumstances, to sneak under the user's perceptual filters.

Re-use of btc addresses (either “vanity” or “favoured”) leaks information and opens up the attack surface so is not consonant with a “total opacity” approach.

Just sayin'.

Cheers

Graham
MasterP4

Here we go!!

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:00:45 PM

sometimes an address like your first btc address or a vanity one that you like can be very important in some way

One of the ways in which such btc addresses are important is as a signal to others that these addresses are considered “special” by the owner and worth close attention, such as generating a “look-alikey” vanity address that is designed, in the right circumstances, to sneak under the user's perceptual filters.

Re-use of btc addresses (either “vanity” or “favoured”) leaks information and opens up the attack surface so is not consonant with a “total opacity” approach.

Absolutly right, I don't recommend the use Re-use of btc addresses or use the same address as a change address, but I did it went I was new to bitcoin and more focused on getting the satoshis than reading about how it works, for example my first address can't be empty, because it contains dust that "now" will cost me more in fee that the value that they have, but i don't know if in the future will be anything that allows that dust to be used, also to proof ownership of address that was active since year X month Y, and is not consider a leaked or cracked address. In relation with the "look-alike" like address another good point because for vanity and non-vanity is relative easy, doesn't even need gpu power just proper knowledge to create something that will fool a fast visual inspection, so be aware from where you retrieve your public addresses and full visual inspection letter by letter must be recommended if from where you copied your public key is not trusted.

I must clarify that I don't have any reasons to doubt about Clamclient's source code, It have been reviewed by dooglus and many others in the community and has enough time around for someone to point anything that doesn't looks right, anyone that has the ability can review it. The decision that I have take may not have sense and not necessary is what the others should do and in the future I can change opinion and decide to dug it.

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

How about this to see if it's worth spending any further time on CLAMs:

1. Sync the CLAM client on an internet connected computer which doesn't contain your private keys. This can be done within a VM, or a fresh OS install, or even a remote VPS.

2. Copy, via sneakernet, the client executable and blockchain data to a NON internet connected computer. Start client. Import wallet.dat, or individual private keys.

3. If balance is zero, stop here.
Mrfrismint

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:36:52 PM

Hi CLAMs community. I am new to CLAMs and trying to understand this coin and it's (future) value. Could someone explain me (and other CLAMs newbies reading this) why people should own this coin? What make CLAMs for example unique to DeCred or BTC itself. What does the near development future look like? Hope to read some interesting views. Thanks!

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 10:31:06 PM

Hi CLAMs community. I am new to CLAMs and trying to understand this coin and it's (future) value. Could someone explain me (and other CLAMs newbies reading this) why people should own this coin? What make CLAMs for example unique to DeCred or BTC itself. What does the near development future look like? Hope to read some interesting views. Thanks!

It's the Clamunity that makes us special, the distribution and the fact that coins mine coins.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
scarar

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:40:34 AM

Does anyone have a working blockchain its not updating at all.?

I have the Mac for Claims but the blockchain isn't working.

Sad

MasterP4

Here we go!!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:27:08 AM

Did you tried using dooglus' bootstrap? and btw it's Clam not Claims  Wink

Problems Getting Sync'd with the Network?

The following file may be placed in the data direcrory.  Then, simply restart the client:

dooglus' Bootstrap:
Bootstrap Post

I don't use Mac so I don't have any idea or found references if it works for Mac ClamClient. good luck

scarar

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 06:33:09 AM

I tried the bootstrap.dat file and on Mac OS/X version it doesn't detect it at all. I think the Mac version is broken, due to the blockchain just stays and not download. Has anyone build a new version yet?

Did you tried using dooglus' bootstrap? and btw it's Clam not Claims  Wink

Problems Getting Sync'd with the Network?

The following file may be placed in the data direcrory.  Then, simply restart the client:

dooglus' Bootstrap:
Bootstrap Post

I don't use Mac so I don't have any idea or found references if it works for Mac ClamClient. good luck
Mrfrismint

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:27:24 AM

It's the Clamunity that makes us special, the distribution and the fact that coins mine coins.

Yes, but there are more coins with these features. What it's the pipeline in terms of development? Like if you don't stake, what makes Clam worth holding compared to other coins? I am seriously interested in hearing people's opinions. I can't find a lot on the site.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:35:34 AM

I must clarify that I don't have any reasons to doubt about Clamclient's source code, It have been reviewed by dooglus and many others in the community and has enough time around for someone to point anything that doesn't looks right, anyone that has the ability can review it.

I would also point out that I have claimed CLAMs from some old very well funded Bitcoin addresses without moving the bitcoins out of them first, and the coins were never stolen from those addresses.

I couldn't be more confident that CLAM isn't a scam intended to steal Bitcoin private keys.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
MasterP4

Here we go!!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:05:19 PM

Yes, but there are more coins with these features. What it's the pipeline in terms of development? Like if you don't stake, what makes Clam worth holding compared to other coins? I am seriously interested in hearing people's opinions. I can't find a lot on the site.

There are some key features that I can point out, First like BayAreaCoins said the method of distribution of Clam, it implemented a method to give out the coins in a way that it can reach most crypto currencies users in a set of very popular (at the time that was take the snapshot) crypto currencies, some can say things like "litecoin sucks" or "doge is joke" but those crypto currencies were chosen because they have some good amount of user that at least tested their waters.

The method is so unique in his kind, that can literally only be done once if it works or at least will need to use the same point as the Clamcoin's blockchain snapshot or prior to avoid gaming in the distribution. Some people can argue that it benefit one more than others, but in general it try to give equal chances to everyone in the distribution, I mean each fund address give equal to everybody, no matter if you have less than 1 btc or have a lot more, you'll get 4.60 per funded address, well people more involved in crypto can usually have more addresses like BTC, LTC or Doge that's how thing goes, some people with "bad practices" like not implemented cold storage can had a disruptive advantage, Clam tries to find the most fair distribution method, no a perfect one.

Contrary to BTC the Proof-of-stake imply that Clam users doesn't need to invest in mining equipment in order to get a share of the staking process, that is a good concern because don't imply equipment that will become obsolete and not able to find another purpose for they and are expensive and waste much electricity, also are hard to setup for the average user.

The coin is deflationary but only by the amount of blocks produced per day at a reason of 1 Clam per staked block contrary to BTC, this promote that users protect the network by staking and receive in exchange a share that in the least case (of staking constantly) is enough to absorb the inflation dilution or in the case of less people staking, gives profit by interest gain. Also depending the point of view, the stake can protect early adopters against the inclusion of new undug Clams in the money supply, I mean there is gonna be dilution but those Clams that have been staking will have an advantage against those recently dug.

In the development part you can find features like the ClamSpeech (that I don't understand well), I think it has a notarization feature, but a feature that was somehow hard to implement because they were trying to find consensus about how to do it was the the Clamour a kind of consensus tool to make development more decentralized. I'm sure that if you explore what the Clamour is and how it work you can see what others proposals are in the way to be add to the coin and what type of acceptance it has. Also if you have the knowledge you can check the clam github and see how the code goes and i think it also has a place for people check "issues".

There must be some other things that i must be forgotten, like proposals for dynamic fees, no related to the coin directly like loaning Clams for margin trade in site poloniex but this should give you some ideas.

vitocorp

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:11:20 PM

Some lightweight purses for clam like electrum?
westhafen

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:53:38 PM

How many coins will I receive from 10,000 coins  POS
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:16:33 AM

bay, you should check out site it rocks[/b]

https://luckygames.io/?ref=1545125

I'll have it added to Clamcoin.org

dude your slippin bro. go to https://luckygames.io/?ref=1545125

deposit 10 clam then tip. they let you split 0.01clam toips p 20 people

then you can add them as friends and pm about your faucet. im a clam king there now. just think if you put some effrort into it

anyone who signs up under me i'll give you 50% back what i make from you. refer get paid for wager amount im cryptobet there pm me

https://luckygames.io/?ref=1545125

they now have 24 coins you can use there. i use clam there

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:19:42 AM

How large is the clam blockhain size?

Also, will I be able to import my "root key" as generated by Armory into the Clam wallet to redeem clams?

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:08:22 AM

How large is the clam blockhain size?

Based on my client: about 1.5GB to download a bootstrap, 3GB to store the chain on disk.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:20:54 AM

How about this to see if it's worth spending any further time on CLAMs:

1. Sync the CLAM client on an internet connected computer which doesn't contain your private keys. This can be done within a VM, or a fresh OS install, or even a remote VPS.

2. Copy, via sneakernet, the client executable and blockchain data to a NON internet connected computer. Start client. Import wallet.dat, or individual private keys.

3. If balance is zero, stop here.

I was being a little facetious here, but after further thought, I believe you could actually dig your CLAMs. Create a raw transaction (on your air gapped, non internet computer) which sends your 'dug' CLAMs to a new address, then you transmit the transaction (which contains only public info that's going to go into the blockchain) on an internet connected machine.
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: