Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:53:41 PM

Is it possible I can claim CLAM from coinbase address.

It is possible if and only if you have the private key for the address. I don't know if Coinbase will give you the private key or not. Alternatively Coinbase could claim the CLAM on your behalf and share it with you. You would have to talk to them about that.

I tried this site to check  https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/dig/ but it's saying my account not eligible.

Even I had my wallet address before then may 2014. I don't think Coinbase either give me private keys or will claim clam for me.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serfsup

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:49:46 AM

Hi dooglus, how did you made outputs of 100 CLAMS and also how did you split them once they stake? Is there any instructions to put in conf file or so?

To make the outputs I did something like:

$ clamd sendtoaddress <address-goes-here> '{"amount":100,"count":50}'

And to auto split on stake, I put this in my clam.conf:

splitsize=25
    combinelimit=50

Where is the clam.conf located?  Thanks!  Smiley
MasterP4

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Here we go!!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:25:54 AM

I tried this site to check  https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/dig/ but it's saying my account not eligible.

Even I had my wallet address before then may 2014. I don't think Coinbase either give me private keys or will claim clam for me.

There is also other criteria that should be meet in order to get your BTC/LTC/Doge wallet to be funded, not just having or owning the address before May 2014, you need to meet some balance threshold, so your account is not considered a dust holding account, also you need to have that amount in the address at the moment that the snapshot of the different blockchains was taken. I don't use Coinbase but I doubt they give the private keys, even to their "vault" multisignature users, also doubt that "vault" function was around when the Clam distribution was made.

Where is the clam.conf located?  Thanks!  Smiley

Usually on Windows you can find it at this location:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Clamcoin (on Windows 7)
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\Clamcoin ( on Windows XP)

For linux you can try to look for this location:

~/.clamcoin/

if you need something leave me a message.
serfsup

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:30:43 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\Clamcoin ( on Windows XP)

~/.clamcoin/

Thank you.   Smiley

If this file does not exist, then is it something that needs to be created?   I am trying to set up a miner to automatically split outputs when I find a block.
Crypto$Leigh

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

CLAMS!

Cool - I like the idea that they were sent to holders of existing other coins (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin) to get them out there...just wondering what percentage have not yet been claimed.  Sorry if this is not the correct section to ask that question. Smiley
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:12:16 PM

~/.clamcoin/

Thank you.   Smiley

If this file does not exist, then is it something that needs to be created?   I am trying to set up a miner to automatically split outputs when I find a block.

You may already know this, but if you're new to linux it might be helpful:

Files that have names that start with a "." are "hidden" by default.  So, in a terminal, you'll have to specify -l (to ls) in order to see them.  In a gui file explorer, you may have to click something like "show hidden files".
serfsup

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

You may already know this, but if you're new to linux it might be helpful:

Files that have names that start with a "." are "hidden" by default.  So, in a terminal, you'll have to specify -l (to ls) in order to see them.  In a gui file explorer, you may have to click something like "show hidden files".

I set it to show hidden files and still do not see it.

I am wondering if the file is not there because I have not made any changes to the clam client since installing it?
MasterP4

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Here we go!!

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:37:01 AM

CLAMS!

Cool - I like the idea that they were sent to holders of existing other coins (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin) to get them out there...just wondering what percentage have not yet been claimed.  Sorry if this is not the correct section to ask that question. Smiley

In Just-Dice chat we have a command that help with that statistics, it show how many sets (each set refer to a funded BTC/LTC/Doge address) of 4.60 clams have been claim of the total of possible claimable sets, also the amount of Clam in circulation and how many come from claiming (we refer to it as dug Clams) and how many come from the Staking process. It also give you the theoretical money supply if all the Clams get claimed all at once. This command is "/supply" without the quotes.

At the moment that i wrote this the statistics goes like this:
222,562 of 3,208,032 sets of 4.60545574 CLAM were dug, This is around if my the calculator didn't fail me 6.93% have been claim so rounding we can say that there is 93% that have not been claim yet.
1,024,999 CLAM were dug up and 1,472,515 CLAM were staked for a total of 2,497,514 CLAM
if all the distributed CLAMs were dug up, the total money supply would be 16,246,916 CLAM

I set it to show hidden files and still do not see it.

I am wondering if the file is not there because I have not made any changes to the clam client since installing it?

I don't know of the case of ClamClient but I read that in the case of Bitcoin, the bitcoin.conf file is optional and not usually created automatically, When I had wallets installed the .conf file was always there, I don't remember a case that need to create it from scratch, It was there when I needed to add things like nodes IP, maybe it's part of how your OS works with the wallet, so if you don't have it and you know that you're in the right directory where the file should be, you should try to find a sample to use it as a template for your configurations or just add the parameters that apply to your case and create the .conf file. This can be done in many plain text editors just by saving the file as .conf

if you need something leave me a message.
serfsup

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:27:04 PM

I don't know of the case of ClamClient but I read that in the case of Bitcoin, the bitcoin.conf file is optional and not usually created automatically, When I had wallets installed the .conf file was always there, I don't remember a case that need to create it from scratch, It was there when I needed to add things like nodes IP, maybe it's part of how your OS works with the wallet, so if you don't have it and you know that you're in the right directory where the file should be, you should try to find a sample to use it as a template for your configurations or just add the parameters that apply to your case and create the .conf file. This can be done in many plain text editors just by saving the file as .conf

I will try to create the file and set it up to split outputs when I stake.  Thanks.  Smiley
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:26:41 PM

I am very late to the CLAM party, but now that I'm here, I'm having a lot of fun! I made a post about digging for CLAMs in all my old addresses here:

http://object2212.com/?p=1566

Let me know what I got wrong!

Also, I've been having trouble figuring out how to get my CLAMs to stake... I'm sure it's here somewhere, but does anyone have a link handy?

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1239

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 09:33:54 PM

I am very late to the CLAM party, but now that I'm here, I'm having a lot of fun! I made a post about digging for CLAMs in all my old addresses here:

http://object2212.com/?p=1566

Let me know what I got wrong!

Also, I've been having trouble figuring out how to get my CLAMs to stake... I'm sure it's here somewhere, but does anyone have a link handy?

Great article! 

No such thing as being late to CLAM.... some would argue that you're early Tongue.

The best and most profitable place to stake is on Just-Dice.com.

Staking elsewhere and at home helps decentralize the system though.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:21:42 PM

If this file does not exist, then is it something that needs to be created?

Yes. The CLAM client will create the folder for you automatically, and will create a wallet.dat file inside the folder too, but it will never create the clam.conf file. You need to do that for yourself. It's possible that on some operating systems the installation program will create an example clam.conf for you. I've never see that happen though.

Files that have names that start with a "." are "hidden" by default.  So, in a terminal, you'll have to specify -l (to ls) in order to see them.

You probably know this, but it's 'ls -a' not 'ls -l' to show hidden files.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
indian_cowboy

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:13:55 PM

CLAM Staking:

What is the most profitable method to stake clamcoins?

I have heard of just-dice. What are the type of returns I can expect. I have like 100 CLAMs.

Also if its beneficial for the network I can stake on my windows PC.

What are the returns on personal staking vs staking on just-dice?
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:35:53 AM

CLAM Staking:

I have heard of just-dice. What are the type of returns I can expect. I have like 100 CLAMs.

just-dice: controls a large portion of the network's unspent outputs, so it will stake consistently, but you do pay a 10% (I think) premium on each stake.

local client: you get your full stake reward, but with a low balance staking will be erratic. You may stake twice in one day, then not stake for another 3 weeks. It does benefit the network because it's decentralising proof-of-stake mining.

I'll let someone else provide you with an estimate of the return on 100 CLAMs, but remember that your ability to win a stake is based on network weight, which will vary.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:30:55 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 02:47:27 PM by dooglus

CLAM Staking:

just-dice: controls a large portion of the network's unspent outputs, so it will stake consistently, but you do pay a 10% (I think) premium on each stake.

local client: you get your full stake reward, but with a low balance staking will be erratic. You may stake twice in one day, then not stake for another 3 weeks. It does benefit the network because it's decentralising proof-of-stake mining.

I'll let someone else provide you with an estimate of the return on 100 CLAMs, but remember that your ability to win a stake is based on network weight, which will vary.

Some rough calculations:

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/CLAM/address.php?address=xXBa8jCUprdaJfM8Y4R5tsemEEumuP1WpL shows the biggest solo staker. You can see how often he's staking. He seems to have staked 30 times in 3 days, with a balance of 6500. So he's making 10 CLAMs per day, or 1 CLAM per day per (6500 / 10) = 650 CLAMs staking.

https://just-dice.com/misc/wagered.txt shows how many CLAMs Just-Dice stakes per day. It's around 1320 per day with 847,580 invested, or 1188 after the 10% commission, so JD investors make something like 1 CLAM per day per (847580 / 1188) = 713 CLAMs invested.

tl;dr: on JD you need ~713 CLAMs invested to earn 1 CLAM per day; solo staking you only need ~650, so solo staking is better.

Edit: this github comment from 6 months ago shows that you used to need around 1350 CLAMs to be staking in order to earn 1 CLAM per day. This suggests that the difficulty has roughly halved in the last 6 months, which seems counterintuitive.

The explanation is the alt-coin bubble we're currently in. Half the CLAMs left Just-Dice and ended up sitting in the Poloniex cold wallet, not staking. So half as many CLAMs are staking, but the amount staked is the same as before. So each CLAM stakes twice as well as it used to.

Difficulty charts: all time: , last 6 months: (click to enlarge)

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
e4f4

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:06:08 PM

No such thing as being late to CLAM....

I want to say hi to investors and gamblers. Hi!

So. Is there a signature campaign here on btctalk that pays in Clam? If yes, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Bitcoin legacy, Doge fun and private transactions. Check out BitcoinZ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2166510.0

Missed Bitcoin in 2009? Find out more about IOTA...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.0
^BuTcH^2

Activity: 114
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:47:37 PM

Can someone tell me how can I earn claims with my old bitcoin wallets?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1239

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 05:03:38 PM

Can someone tell me how can I earn claims with my old bitcoin wallets?

Start by reading the Original Post.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
daf

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

How can I run the Clam-qt Clam Wallet Client on a Raspberry Pi 3?
Thanks
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:34:23 AM

How can I run the Clam-qt Clam Wallet Client on a Raspberry Pi 3?
Thanks

I think it would be a challenge even compiling it, let alone running it.

The headless daemon (no GUI) allocates more than 2GB of memory on my Odroid C2 (64 bit ARM CPU/2GB RAM), and has around 1.2GB resident (actually in use). The GUI based -qt client will likely use more, possibly a lot more.

The headless daemon would probably run on a 1GB Pi3 - I've run another coin daemon on a Pi1 512MB B+ - but with limited RAM it will need to use swap. As your free memory decreases there will be a sudden dropoff in performance, the OS becoming stuck in a death spiral, spending all of its time data swapping between RAM and storage. Processes effectively grind to a halt because they become I/O bound, spending most of the time waiting for the OS to swap data between RAM and storage.

But if you want to try it just for a challenge, go for it. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: