Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:26:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
amerrigan

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:20:28 PM

Ok so, I'm late to this party.

I've got a load of my old swept bitcoin/litecoin and dogecoin wallets (with lots of addresses) and have loaded them into the Windows clam client. I've got about a year left to sync; should I see a balance now (assuming they had claims) or do I have to wait for the whole chain to sync for them to show?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1239

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:55:58 PM

I've got a load of my old swept bitcoin/litecoin and dogecoin wallets (with lots of addresses) and have loaded them into the Windows clam client. I've got about a year left to sync; should I see a balance now (assuming they had claims) or do I have to wait for the whole chain to sync for them to show?

Thanks

You need to wait for the whole wallet to eventually sync.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
amerrigan

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:08:39 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the confirm, hopefully it comes up good in the morning; finally a use for all those old dogecoin wallets
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:37:25 AM

You probably won't have more than 8 connections unless you have incoming connections unblocked by all firewalls/NAT.

It seems to be 16 outbound connections for CLAM.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:41:05 AM

You should see your balance as soon as the first 10,000 blocks have synced.

Block 10,000 is dated May 17th 2014. Since you only have a year left to sync you should see your balance already.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:44:47 AM

The initial distribution was finished in block 9262 I think, on May 17th 2014. Coins from the initial distribution will appear as the corresponding blocks are synced, so it shouldn't take long at all for them to appear.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:22:04 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 03:40:23 AM by JuniAiko

I've pulled out all my Clams and reinvested on TRON now and feeling relieved
Thank you but ... your appetite for risk is entirely your own, not sure why you think others would even remotely wish to share it.

Went to Clam's GitHub and this looks totally like another abandoned coin
A common mistake to make with many altcoins, you'd have served yourself far better by more assiduous reading upthread or even going to the extreme of actually posting a question.

My advise is
not to take advice from FUDsters on bitcointalk. Often they can't even spell correctly, let alone produce an insightful analysis.

Cheers

Graham

1) I can only express my own honest personal opinion, and that was precisely what I was doing.

2) Then why don't you clarify why exactly that I am wrong about the lack of active code-development on Clams? I am simply basing this on what I see on their GitHub. Link me to anywhere that indicates an active team pushing for the success of Clams, and developers working on its code to keep up with the technology of other constantly and aggressively evolving 3rd Gen coins that are coming up? -- some even have a pretty similar mechanism that increases your coins by you simply having coins in your wallet too.

3) My proficiency of English or anyone else's is besides the point. Cryptos is an international thing; Not everyone are from English speaking background. English is my second language FYI.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1239

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:41:12 AM

The initial distribution was finished in block 9262 I think, on May 17th 2014. Coins from the initial distribution will appear as the corresponding blocks are synced, so it shouldn't take long at all for them to appear.

Ah, thanks doog.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
midvidyk
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:14:10 PM

I've pulled out all my Clams and reinvested on TRON now and feeling relieved
Thank you but ... your appetite for risk is entirely your own, not sure why you think others would even remotely wish to share it.

Went to Clam's GitHub and this looks totally like another abandoned coin
A common mistake to make with many altcoins, you'd have served yourself far better by more assiduous reading upthread or even going to the extreme of actually posting a question.

My advise is
not to take advice from FUDsters on bitcointalk. Often they can't even spell correctly, let alone produce an insightful analysis.

Cheers

Graham

1) I can only express my own honest personal opinion, and that was precisely what I was doing.

2) Then why don't you clarify why exactly that I am wrong about the lack of active code-development on Clams? I am simply basing this on what I see on their GitHub. Link me to anywhere that indicates an active team pushing for the success of Clams, and developers working on its code to keep up with the technology of other constantly and aggressively evolving 3rd Gen coins that are coming up? -- some even have a pretty similar mechanism that increases your coins by you simply having coins in your wallet too.

3) My proficiency of English or anyone else's is besides the point. Cryptos is an international thing; Not everyone are from English speaking background. English is my second language FYI.

Ok...You say that it's better to reinvest to another coin like TRON but it like a hype for me. Do You know for sure that dev of this team want to work on his project for a long time to bring You a good profit on the future?
Maybe Clams doesn't has dev now but there are a lot of people that support this coin and Clam give really good profit now.
JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 01:19:16 PM

Ok...You say that it's better to reinvest to another coin like TRON but it like a hype for me. Do You know for sure that dev of this team want to work on his project for a long time to bring You a good profit on the future?
Maybe Clams doesn't has dev now but there are a lot of people that support this coin and Clam give really good profit now.

What I have said is simply based on my own personal research. I've also looked carefully into the TRON team too (amongst other viable options), however this isn't about TRON -- that is just simply what I happen to have chosen to switch my Clams to.

I'm not here to FUD Clam up, however I hope to provoke a proper discussion, such that those who are still confident with their investment in Clams (while also knowing about the lack of development in this particular coin) might be able to make a case, such that perhaps might compel me to invest a little back into Clams -- so that I would not miss a real potential opportunity (with a reasonable risk level vs. potential) if that is really the case, etc. Smiley

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 02:29:21 PM

The fact that you weren't able to predict a negative reaction arising from a negative post speaks volumes about your perspicacity.

2) Then why don't you clarify why
Because I've already recommended you to read upthread.

It's a proxy for a second-order effect - language production and comprehension go hand in hand and this domain is rife with linguistic exploits such as hostile  framing and paltering, the detection of which can tax even highly competent native speakers of English.

If you leave smelly turds as posts, someone's likely to pour disinfectant on them - to prevent the place from stinking to high heaven.

Cheers

Graham
winter
Legendary

Activity: 1338
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

i been getting 62 connections for days now Smiley good to see
JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:42:04 PM

The fact that you weren't able to predict a negative reaction arising from a negative post speaks volumes about your perspicacity.

It's a proxy for a second-order effect - language production and comprehension go hand in hand and this domain is rife with linguistic exploits such as hostile  framing and paltering, the detection of which can tax even highly competent native speakers of English.

If you leave smelly turds as posts, someone's likely to pour disinfectant on them - to prevent the place from stinking to high heaven.

Cheers

Graham

Obviously, it wasn't that I didn't expect people being defensive or overly hostile about their positions when mine simply happen to contradict their's, however I was hoping for a civilised non-combative response that specifically addresses the concerns that I have made, and point me to the right direction.

Negative or not, my point still stands: That I was merely "express my own honest personal opinion" that was all. You can't expect me to frame my post in a positive way, if right now, I am feeling negative about this particular coin, which I do still feel was an interesting concept.

So, of the hundreds of pages "upthread", exactly which posts are you referring to that actually addresses my concerns -- indicating that CLAMs isn't an abandoned project after all? I am not here to pick fights, I am here to assess my options and choices with altcoins diversification.

ijuststarted

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:35:40 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 06:49:53 PM by ijuststarted

Hi there.
When using Clam-qt i have the option to unlock the wallet "for staking only".
What would be the equivalent for clamd?
Is it: "walletpassphrase passphrase 9999999 true" ?

Furthermore, if i stake with the option "for staking only", will it execute the "splitsize=X" command in clam.conf? Or does that only work if the wallet is unlocked completely?

Thank you for answering and thank you to everyone continue working on this project!
pat__boy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:56:22 PM

Cheers

Graham

Obviously, it wasn't that I didn't expect people being defensive or overly hostile about their positions when mine simply happen to contradict their's, however I was hoping for a civilised non-combative response that specifically addresses the concerns that I have made, and point me to the right direction.

Negative or not, my point still stands: That I was merely "express my own honest personal opinion" that was all. You can't expect me to frame my post in a positive way, if right now, I am feeling negative about this particular coin, which I do still feel was an interesting concept.

So, of the hundreds of pages "upthread", exactly which posts are you referring to that actually addresses my concerns -- indicating that CLAMs isn't an abandoned project after all? I am not here to pick fights, I am here to assess my options and choices with altcoins diversification.

We have a dev working on a new clam software release.. you just don't check on the good github !

https://github.com/l0rdicon/defaultcoin
technerd

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:24:55 AM

Cheers

Graham

In your original post, you were quite conclusive in that you already sold your clams for tron.  That doesn't sound like coming "here to assess your options" at all.

Second, you made a sweeping conclusion on the future of a coin by doing a simple check on Github and even giving advise to others.  I believe that was your first post here as well.  It certainly doesn't seem to be the right approach to looking for response to "address your concerns and point you to the right direction".

Lastly, I do think you are entitled to express your own honest personal opinion.  However, you can't expect others to also sit silent and not express their opinions on your statements either.  People react to things differently, but all would be reaction to what you have posted.

JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:51:02 AM

In your original post, you were quite conclusive in that you already sold your clams for tron.  That doesn't sound like coming "here to assess your options" at all.

Second, you made a sweeping conclusion on the future of a coin by doing a simple check on Github and even giving advise to others.  I believe that was your first post here as well.  It certainly doesn't seem to be the right approach to looking for response to "address your concerns and point you to the right direction".

Lastly, I do think you are entitled to express your own honest personal opinion.  However, you can't expect others to also sit silent and not express their opinions on your statements either.  People react to things differently, but all would be reaction to what you have posted.

Of course I sounded quite conclusive, because I DO believe my decision with regards to Clams was a good one and I've expressed it as such to share, just like those who may still supports Clams for whatever reason may eagerly express theirs too. However, if anyone thinks my views are wrong, and that there are good evidence or arguments to show that I was wrong, I am certainly still not seeing it here.

And since when have I indicated that I am expected for others to sit silent and not express their opinions on my statements? I expected people who disagree to back up their disagreements and address my points directly, rather than telling me to sieve through hundreds of pages of past posts claiming that posts that proves my conclusion wrong is hidden somewhere there.

But anyways, I think I'm done here. I've got my answers given that I have not receive any response that satisfactorily demonstrate that my decisions were wrong (given the level of risk that I am willing to take). Good luck with your decisions at any rate. I am now pretty convinced that I had made the correct choice with my selling of Clams. But of course, who knows, it may still be pumped somewhere down the line; but my own personal assessment is that it is not a safe bet atm for me and people like me who prefers to invest on a coin that is currently still being actively being developed, improved, and marketed to compete with the other top coins.

But for those who do not mind the risk of investing on "abandoned coins" then perhaps even Neuro (NRO), via CoinExchange.io, would be an equally good bet too? -- another coin that I have completely sold off for the same reason.

JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:57:40 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 11:32:11 AM by JuniAiko

We have a dev working on a new clam software release.. you just don't check on the good github !

https://github.com/l0rdicon/defaultcoin

Okie! Sorry missed your post Pat and thanks for the link! Smiley

I will continue to follow this project and decide if I wanna re-enter, to include Clams as part of my portfolio during my next "injection" of funds from my monthly salary. Smiley

The Clam webpage needs updating (at least the link to the new active GitHub) IMO.

Cheers!
Juni

technerd

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

Hi there.

Furthermore, if i stake with the option "for staking only", will it execute the "splitsize=X" command in clam.conf? Or does that only work if the wallet is unlocked completely?

Thank you for answering and thank you to everyone continue working on this project!

In case you don't get a reply here, you might also want to check with the guys over at the #clams IRC room over at freenode. 

All the best!

Faust Roland

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:26:41 PM

Hi there.

Yes, the true at the end of the command unlocks it only for staking.

I have this in .bashrc

stake()
{
echo -n "Enter password: "
read -s PASS; ~/cli walletpassphrase "$PASS" 8640000 true
PASS=""
}

cli is symlink to clamd
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: