Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:42:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 01:54:43 PM

CLAM being listed on coinbase? Wink weeeee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faust Roland

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 02:25:04 PM

Let's stop the rumor mill. Why would Poloniex delist the excellent Clam coin?   Sounds ridiculous.  It's a great coin, solid features, support and community, generates significant volume for them, and they are the primary trading site, making a tidy profit.

It appears there may be confusion in regards their notice at
  https://medium.com/circle-trader/overview-of-btc-margin-lending-pool-losses-a2f0905aaa56

where they will stop **margin** trading, for a while, on Clams, Factom, BTS, MAID, out of market depth considerations.

That has nothing to do with Clams trading in general and overall listing status.

It fact, it's a great move, they should never have allowed in the first place.  The margin pool on Clams was a terrible vulnerability, and is exactly a fault cause of the recent price drop, and possibly the prior one too.  It's very good for Clams that Poloniex remove exposure to the margin pool.

Exactly.
Only afraid I have is, that they will delist it as it would be cheaper than fix it. (Current state of screwed withdrawals)
But there is no official statement about delisting.

Stop spreading FUD.
YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 03:34:00 PM

What we need to do with Poloniex, is identify if their slow dep/withdrawals are from some technical issue in the Clams wallet.  Perhaps there is a problem when the wallet has many thousands of accounts, or fractional amounts.  If we can identify what problem they are having, if any, developers can fix it in the software.   Or if they are operator errors, let's give them workarounds, best practice instructions to coalesce their wallets, optimize the efficiency.  Is there an FAQ, tech support document somewhere?

I imagine Just-Dice, FreeBitcoins, various gaming sites, have wallets on a scale approaching Poloniex.  And you guys might well be way ahead of them technically and operationally, and can reach out to help.  They just need your support, and should be considered ally of the community, not adversary.  I think Poloniex have done all cryptocoin investors a great service in early identifying Clams as a strong offering in the cryptocoin market, and long-term supporting it. 

Clams is an excellent coin -- technically, features, fair distribution and grassroots community -- and all you hard-working devs, site operators and miners have well-placed dedication.  I hope we should see continued organic growth, and it's easily worth the recent price highs, and beyond. 

basool

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:08:33 PM

What we need to do with Poloniex, is identify if their slow dep/withdrawals are from some technical issue in the Clams wallet.  Perhaps there is a problem when the wallet has many thousands of accounts, or fractional amounts.  If we can identify what problem they are having, if any, developers can fix it in the software.   Or if they are operator errors, let's give them workarounds, best practice instructions to coalesce their wallets, optimize the efficiency.  Is there an FAQ, tech support document somewhere?

I imagine Just-Dice, FreeBitcoins, various gaming sites, have wallets on a scale approaching Poloniex.  And you guys might well be way ahead of them technically and operationally, and can reach out to help.  They just need your support, and should be considered ally of the community, not adversary.  I think Poloniex have done all cryptocoin investors a great service in early identifying Clams as a strong offering in the cryptocoin market, and long-term supporting it. 

Clams is an excellent coin -- technically, features, fair distribution and grassroots community -- and all you hard-working devs, site operators and miners have well-placed dedication.  I hope we should see continued organic growth, and it's easily worth the recent price highs, and beyond. 

Clam Coin head fall every day with out stop what this fucking shit going on
basool

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:10:24 PM

CLAM being listed on coinbase? Wink weeeee

https://www.coinbase.com/price/clams
Faust Roland

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:27:32 PM

(i) Trading Clams is not supported on Coinbase

They are just showing the Clam price.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1239

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 03:59:57 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 04:32:56 PM by BayAreaCoins

What we need to do with Poloniex, is identify if their slow dep/withdrawals are from some technical issue in the Clams wallet.  Perhaps there is a problem when the wallet has many thousands of accounts, or fractional amounts.  If we can identify what problem they are having, if any, developers can fix it in the software.   Or if they are operator errors, let's give them workarounds, best practice instructions to coalesce their wallets, optimize the efficiency.  Is there an FAQ, tech support document somewhere?

I imagine Just-Dice, FreeBitcoins, various gaming sites, have wallets on a scale approaching Poloniex.  And you guys might well be way ahead of them technically and operationally, and can reach out to help.  They just need your support, and should be considered ally of the community, not adversary.  I think Poloniex have done all cryptocoin investors a great service in early identifying Clams as a strong offering in the cryptocoin market, and long-term supporting it.  

Clams is an excellent coin -- technically, features, fair distribution and grassroots community -- and all you hard-working devs, site operators and miners have well-placed dedication.  I hope we should see continued organic growth, and it's easily worth the recent price highs, and beyond.  

We have tried for over 6 months to help Poloniex for free.

Dooglus and Xploited have given them the "fix" or what they thought was the fix.  Poloniex people are either too lazy and/or too stupid to implement the stuff.

Really, I've never seen anything so disgusting as the employee that Poloniex sent... I thought he had an ugly attitude and accomplished absolutely fucking nothing.

I truly think it is best for CLAM to get away from Poloniex and for us to start blazing our own trail.

This is the attitude that resulted in 1,800 BTC lost that they gave to their customers rather than owning themself and countless customers being restricted from accessing their money.  It's disgusting & frustrating.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 05:48:42 PM

What we need to do with Poloniex, is identify if their slow dep/withdrawals are from some technical issue in the Clams wallet.  Perhaps there is a problem when the wallet has many thousands of accounts, or fractional amounts.  If we can identify what problem they are having, if any, developers can fix it in the software.   Or if they are operator errors, let's give them workarounds, best practice instructions to coalesce their wallets, optimize the efficiency.  Is there an FAQ, tech support document somewhere?

I imagine Just-Dice, FreeBitcoins, various gaming sites, have wallets on a scale approaching Poloniex.  And you guys might well be way ahead of them technically and operationally, and can reach out to help.  They just need your support, and should be considered ally of the community, not adversary.  I think Poloniex have done all cryptocoin investors a great service in early identifying Clams as a strong offering in the cryptocoin market, and long-term supporting it.  

Clams is an excellent coin -- technically, features, fair distribution and grassroots community -- and all you hard-working devs, site operators and miners have well-placed dedication.  I hope we should see continued organic growth, and it's easily worth the recent price highs, and beyond.  

We have tried for over 6 months to help Poloniex for free.

Dooglus and Xploited have given them the "fix" or what they thought was the fix.  Poloniex people are either too lazy and/or too stupid to implement the stuff.

Really, I've never seen anything so disgusting as the employee that Poloniex sent... I thought he had an ugly attitude and accomplished absolutely fucking nothing.

I truly think it is best for CLAM to get away from Poloniex and for us to start blazing our own trail.

This is the attitude that resulted in 1,800 BTC lost that they gave to their customers rather than owning themself and countless customers being restricted from accessing their money.  It's disgusting & frustrating.

just list here you will be fine n00b Wink r.i.p. polo haha ===>

https://freiexchange.com/market/BTI/BTC

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Vlada69

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:33:58 PM

Anybody made client working on ubuntu 19?

Anyone? I have issue installing DB 4.8 on Ubuntu 19.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 12:26:22 PM

Anybody made client working on ubuntu 19?

Anyone? I have issue installing DB 4.8 on Ubuntu 19.
Your question  was overly casual and didn't really contain enough information to motivate me to find out why you were asking (I've learned to be thrifty with my time). If you had made some/any effort to describe your problem, that might have helped.

You will need to download 4.8, compile it separately and adjust the build process to use the 4.8 headers and libs.

Cheers

Graham
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 01:12:49 PM

You will need to download 4.8, compile it separately and adjust the build process to use the 4.8 headers and libs.

I typically install a newer version and configure using --with-incompatible-bdb. Package "libdb5.3++-dev" or whatever's available.

It means my wallet.dat files won't work with clients that use 4.8, but I never use 4.8 and never share wallets, so I don't care.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 01:46:12 PM

It means my wallet.dat files won't work with clients that use 4.8, but I never use 4.8 and never share wallets, so I don't care.
I'm compelled to nitpick, sorry.

It's a UX/UI issue. It's possible to lose access to a wallet by failing to back it up before switching to a later non-backwards-compatible client which, if for some reason proves undesirable to the user, causes them to switch back to the old client. That's when they discover that the new client automatically upgraded their wallet to the new db format which cannot now be read by the old client. That's why the advice (for distributed binaries, i.e. OS X/Windows) is to link against 4.8.

It may be an edge case and it may be perceived as a userland issue but I categorise it as a development UX/UI issue because of the underlying loose assumption of technical competence on the part of the user without an accompanying specification of the minimum level of technical understanding required to perform basic wallet/chain maintenance operations. (A principle lucidly expressed by my father as: "If a man doesn't understand, it's because he hasn't been told properly.").

Cheers

Graham
YukonCoinelius

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 03:22:46 PM

My analysis of recent Clam market situation, does it sound about right, anyone have additional or alternate info:

A huge amount of Clam coins were forced on the market by margin calls at Poloniex, in a tiny amount of time, which sold thru all the buy orders.  Something like 300,000+ Clams sold in hours, that's a staggering 10% of the entire circulation,  over $3M in hours versus avg daily volume $20k-200k.  I think far beyond what any whale controls. 

Was not news or fact-driven event, not even a real market event by actual human trading, it was artificial, basically an accident, a glitch.

Because of the margin pool, after the initial trigger sale, it went into an automatic feedback loop: price drop triggers margin calls to sell, which drops the quote price more, which triggers more margin calls, etc.  Many of the investors didn't even intend to sell, it was automatic.  And some or even most of them had profits, and are obviously Clam traders, holders and enthusiasts, so they might well be buying back in now,  except their accounts are frozen while Poloniex sorts it all out.  The margin calls likely extended to other coins in the overall pool, which probably had related effects, resulting in the overall 1800 btc margin lossage figure (i.e. that figure seems way more than can be just from Clams)

So it will take a while to sort out. Right now the trading is very light, people who need to sell or  aftershocks, everyone obviously very nervous and wondering wth happened.

It seems this unfortunate "glitch", was triggered by either a naive whale (who would have profited a lot more by sensibly managing their position), or more likely imo, professional manipulators, who intentionally played the margin exposure and algorithms. It's a heckuva glitch, but I think Clams will recover; whether in days or months, who knows.

The reality is, there was no negative news or event, Clam coin functions extremely well, fast and reliable, with ongoing development and many features builtin and service sites offering free anonymous wallets, escrow, games, etc, and is an excellent basic money coin.  Plus the Eco-sensible stake mining, that invites and rewards anyone to support the network, participate in mining without a huge power/computing cost.

Seems to me we just saw several months of steady organic growth, reflecting growing awareness and exciting developments like at FreeBitcoins for example, the Swap feature effectively adding more Anon/Privacy options, and easy convenient access for people who don't want to bother with exchange trading.  (really great contribution BAC, Xploited)  I can see that enthusiasm coming back quickly, once the hysteria dissipates.

The good news is, if the trigger was a whale, that's one less killer whale now,  and if manipulators,  at least Poloniex has turned off the margin, so it will be much harder to repeat.

YukonCoinelius

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:26:56 PM

I typically install a newer version and configure using --with-incompatible-bdb. Package "libdb5.3++-dev" or whatever's available.

It's a UX/UI issue. It's possible to lose access to a wallet by failing to back it up before switching to a later non-backwards-compatible client which, if for some reason proves undesirable to the user, causes them to switch back to the old client. That's when they discover that the new client automatically upgraded their wallet to the new db format which cannot now be read by the old client. That's why the advice (for distributed binaries, i.e. OS X/Windows) is to link against 4.8.

Great support, dooglus, Graham, et.al.

Is there a Clams TechSupport FAQ or Wiki currently, where these kind of tips and techniques are collected?  I see similar types of questions recur.  It would be great to pull this expertise into a ready reference for new users and investors.  There is lots of expert info in the pages here, but not so easy to search.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 10:19:02 PM

Is there a Clams TechSupport FAQ or Wiki currently, where these kind of tips and techniques are collected?
Not that I'm aware of (not that that means anything). And I'm hard-pressed to conjure up something that isn't already covered in the application documentation. Also, I think there's enough to take in already without adding edge-case technical administrivia. This particular example is constrained to a specific userland area - that of casual appeal to the community for assistance with trivial issues of compilation instead of RTFM, where the instructions are copy'n'pasta-ready:

https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md#berkeley-db

If the official docs are unread, that's just as likely to apply to any centralised resource.

Anyway, the issue of binary compatibility of wallet.db is only really an issue for distributors of proprietary OS applications (OS X and Windows - Linux users are free to choose which libraries are linked to) and, strictly speaking (this is cryptocurrency), the provision of binaries introduces security issues. Reflecting this, there is a supported/ing build system (https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md) which is deterministic i.e. a hash of the resulting code binaries (Linux, OS X, Windows, depending on selection) will always be the same, so it can be cross-referenced against the published hash. All very open and verifiable.

Cheers

Graham
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 05:55:47 PM

Maybe Poloniex isn't going to delist us... I figured they were going to announce it last week.

I think they only need to give us 7 days... so if they delist us on the 8th... they could announce on Monday (tomorrow).

Also:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Clamcoin/comments/c3no0r/why_is_clamd_taking_100_of_cpu_for_the_past_month/

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 08:39:13 AM

"Beygency: @masecase this is correct. others that will be removed are factom, clam and bts"

Appears CLAMS is being removed off Poloniex July 8th.  (not 100% yet)

I think I was wrong about the delisting... I believe I heard half of this conversation:

"Additionally, it seems Poloniex will effectively remove four margin trading markets. That includes CLAM, but also BitShares, Factom, and Maidsafe." https://themerkle.com/clam-market-crash-costs-poloniexs-bitcoin-lenders-16-202-of-their-balance/

Maybe that is what is happening on July 8th... *facepalm* sorry about that.

Does this mean there won't be a way for people to short CLAM?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 11:02:10 AM

Does this mean there won't be a way for people to short CLAM?

It seems highly unlikely any other exchange will offer that any time soon. You can always borrow OTC though, if you can find a lender.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 11:29:53 PM

Re: Poloniex CLAM withdraw problems

I'm still waiting on a ticket re failed withdraw which I opened on 26th June.

My ticket was updated yesterday to inform me the withdrawal had completed. It took over 2 weeks to reach the blockchain.

But a subsequent withdraw attempt now has the status "Complete: Error"
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2019, 02:13:05 AM

Re: Poloniex CLAM withdraw problems

I'm still waiting on a ticket re failed withdraw which I opened on 26th June.

My ticket was updated yesterday to inform me the withdrawal had completed. It took over 2 weeks to reach the blockchain.

But a subsequent withdraw attempt now has the status "Complete: Error"

Welcome to a day in the life.

Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: