Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shanuu

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

New Beginning!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:01:12 AM

Omg!! i have 61 active connections for the first time!
Maybe is about this fight!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:03:52 AM

Who got the idea that any sort of merge (with Cache or with QiBucks) was going to happen?

This could not be further from the truth. What the hell?

It's a development partnership, not a merge. A development partnership is where you pool resources to achieve a mutually beneficial goal.

The benefits do not need to be symmetrical.

The benefits will not create competition for XC.

I think a fair number of people in this thread need to understand the value of collaboration. Crypto is in fact a community, albeit a contentious one, and community is strongly relational. Broadly speaking there are two ways to be relational: to contend or to collaborate. Behind the scenes there are some devs collaborating. Out here there are a bunch of people bickering.

Can you stop and think about how this stuff actually works?

At last some reason!

I am so sad that there are plenty babies here that got 20x my holdings just because they were lucky enough to learn of crypto six months or 1 year before me. So unfair.

I am 31 what about you? Being critical is actually a positive mental attitude of an adult Human Being. I have appreciated your contribution to the XC community by the way.

The last 5 pages have been filled with total bitching about an actually gr8 new feature, you have to keep an open mind, XC is a collaborative effor and team tries to make our currency remain modern/progressive, particuraly not stagnant and I love that. I remind you that even though im probably older XC-wise than 99% of the people here, im still holding a minimal sum compared to most of you, yet im not being a drama queen.

Last but not least m8, I didnt call any names or didn't point any fingers(sharply), so don't fall into my trap Tongue

@studio1one

An XC foundation member(that doesn't post a lot here) made an ann about a new collaboration between XC and another coin, which will provide another method of income for XC holders, but people starting bitching and FUDing about it. Positive turned to negative, like with 80% of XC news in here. Holder games if you ask me. Price bounced back up today.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:07:20 AM

Who got the idea that any sort of merge (with Cache or with QiBucks) was going to happen?

It's a development partnership, not a merge. A development partnership is where you pool resources to achieve a mutually beneficial goal.

I think a fair number of people in this thread need to understand the value of collaboration. Crypto is in fact a community, albeit a contentious one, and community is strongly relational. Broadly speaking there are two ways to be relational: to contend or to collaborate. Behind the scenes there are some devs collaborating. Out here there are a bunch of people bickering.

At last some reason!

I am so sad that there are plenty babies here that got 20x my holdings just because they were lucky enough to learn of crypto six months or 1 year before me. So unfair.

I am 31 what about you? Being critical is actually a positive mental attitude of an adult Human Being. I have appreciated your contribution to the XC community by the way.

The last 5 pages have been filled with total bitching about an actually gr8 new feature, you have to keep an open mind, XC is a collaborative effor and team tries to make our currency remain modern/progressive, particuraly not stagnant and I love that. I remind you that even though im probably older XC-wise than 99% of the people here, im still holding a minimal sum compared to most of you, yet im not being a drama queen.

Last but not least m8, I didnt call any names or didn't point any fingers(sharply), so don't fall into my trap Tongue

I bitch as there has not been community consultation on a decision that had to be made public before being implemented this is my point of you, I understand is not yours.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:12:08 AM

My god guys  Smiley ...Im still on vacation ...Im looking at current price stagnation and Im thinking : lets see with our old community members what is going on and in a few minutes I being spit, humiliated and god knows what.

Bye all..
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:13:24 AM

been away from the thread.

Can someone give me a quick breakdown of what all the screaming is about please.

This appeared out of the blue...

We wanted to thank the XC TEAM for collaborating with QIBUCK COIN on a new revenue generating wallet enhancement feature. We look forward to our JV partnership in this new development.  Smiley

and caused a shit storm.

shortly followed by this...

Hi all

I'd like to confirm the news just posted here.

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- We will make an official announcement about this on Friday.

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs, and in this case we will not disadvantage XC's market position in any way (more info as to why will follow).

- Silverkinguk (Samuel) is part of the XC team and so if he announces something it can be trusted.

- This is not the undisclosed PR-related development that I mentioned yesterday.

P.S. I've been aware of this development, but was not aware that it would be announced now. My apologies for the confusion.

People generally felt like this...

If there will be collaborations within coins XC community members should know in advance in order to get in early in the other coin at least and get the benefit. It seem now that just the Inside circle members know about this invest in the coin early and take advantage of the XC community. I am here since two weeks from the start of XC and have all my BTC invested in XC and now I feel kind of abused sincerely.

Having said so I hope this JV will benefit both coins I hope to get some BTC to enter QBK at this stage......I would have liked to get in early though.

But it basically boils down to this...

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
ChrisSommer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:27:33 AM

Seems that people are not understanding the word collaboration
Collaborations always bring good things, a lot faster

If you continue to react like this as a community, the things won't look good at all. New investors will pass this, reading all those negative things, and such an unstable behavior

Relax, and refrain from acting so aggressively when you don't even know the details about the matter

Chris
GameStarter

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:34:30 AM

If you continue to react like this as a community, the things won't look good at all. New investors will pass this, reading all those negative things, and such an unstable behavior

Relax, and refrain from acting so aggressively when you don't even know the details about the matter

Chris
Don't worry Chris i am pretty sure a majority of XC investors read the last news as potentially very positive. Just waiting for full details Smiley

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
legoman39

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

HI, in my opinion collaborating with a new coin that nobody have heard before  is not a good idea unless approved by the XC community ( specially now in days with 97% being scam coins ) . the way I see it the XC team and community have work very hard to keep this coin at a high level and it seem only fair that the community could have at least a saying on the matter that way if something were to go wrong with this venture or collaboration the community would understand it.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:54:30 AM

Chris
Don't worry Chris i am pretty sure a majority of XC investors read the last news as potentially very positive. Just waiting for full details Smiley

exactly, people that wanna sell cause they don't feel appreciated enough as a community member in this non situation can't be helped. As a community member you just have to accept that at one point your say stops. I can.

Can we add "threatening to sell if this or this isn't done to my liking" as a nogo in the community code. I hate that shit.
legoman39

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

keep in mind that people's investments could or will be affected if something were to go wrong with this collaboration. i hope is it the opposite.
theoriginalanomaly

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:01:56 PM

I don't usually get drawn into commenting on forums. People have their own agendas, and I'm not concerned about stopping or starting "FUD". In the end you either have innovation, or not.

Dan has much more information about the coin, and about the collaboration. He has the best information to decide whether it would be beneficial or not. I'm invested in his development. I would like him to make the best decisions possible with the information he has. If you trust he will, then buy some of the coin, if you don't, then don't buy or sell what you have.  

As far as, "They could have handled the announcement better". So could have many people on this forum.

In the end, you have innovation or not. The price will eventually only reflect the innovation, not the announcements, fud, or the rumors. As I am not contributing to the innovation, I let it run it's course as I certainly can't change it. I only write this to remind people, you are betting on Dan, and Dan making the best decisions possible.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:07:28 PM

keep in mind that people's investments could and will be affected if something were to go wrong. i hope is it the opposite.

that applies to every investment in the world. You take that mechanism out investing makes no sense anymore. it doesn't exist without risk. Oh my god did i really read this.

if Dan has a heart attack tonight that would be bad for your investment too, so do you want to ask the community to decide wether he is still allowed to eat burgers with french fries and have a beer after 16 hours of coding.

LD2164

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:14:47 PM

I don't usually get drawn into commenting on forums. People have their own agendas, and I'm not concerned about stopping or starting "FUD". In the end you either have innovation, or not.

Dan has much more information about the coin, and about the collaboration. He has the best information to decide whether it would be beneficial or not. I'm invested in his development. I would like him to make the best decisions possible with the information he has. If you trust he will, then buy some of the coin, if you don't, then don't buy or sell what you have.  

As far as, "They could have handled the announcement better". So could have many people on this forum.

In the end, you have innovation or not. The price will eventually only reflect the innovation, not the announcements, fud, or the rumors. As I am not contributing to the innovation, I let it run it's course as I certainly can't change it. I only write this to remind people, you are betting on Dan, and Dan making the best decisions possible.

I'd like to second this.

I took the news positively, but pretty much any news on XC development rings positive to me... As long as we are not stagnating it is all good.  I believe in the team and the project, so I just hold.  I am also sure there are plenty more like me and theoriginal, we are just not as vocal as some...

All the ego's need to be set aside a bit.  The only person who is essential to this project is ATC, and you don't see him ranting and raving about what XC owes him.  We should all just chill and wait for our speculation to bear returns (that's right, it's a speculation and not an investment, nobody here helps pay for ATC's rent, electricity, coffee, etc.).  As original said, it is the product, and the man developing that product, that we are all betting on.  

Lastly, grow up and start treating women with a bit of respect.  It didn't help anyone/thing to start being typical male pigs when a woman showed up in our thread.  You do all realize that the world of people buying and spending money is at least 50% women right...?  Why help exclude that market?

synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:18:26 PM

Lastly, grow up and start treating women with a bit of respect.  It didn't help anyone/thing to start being typical male pigs when a women showed up in our thread.

+1.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:26:30 PM

I understand everyones frustration and we all appreciate feedback but some comments were slightly to far out there. Furthermore I personally agree with some of the comments and we know that things could have been done better.Lets change the topic to something else.
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:28:36 PM

I've said what I needed to say and will not tolerate trolls on this thread as well as on Qibuck thread.
Yanji and I have been professional.

You were attacking the coin on Poloniex with your wild assumptions,now come here to do the same.
Go eat your Chinese food.

Is this what you call being professional? The way you speak to this community is inappropriate and disrespectful. You came out today act like you are the boss of this community and if anyone rise any questions to you, they are branded “trolls” and should stop question you immediately.

You are supposed to be a part of the XC team, but what do you really do for XC?
http://xc-official.com/assets/pdfs/14-07-08%20The%20XC%20Team.pdf
From this document, we can see that you are the last person to be mentioned. And what do you actually do is not even specified.

A brief research on your past posts easily shows that you have significant more interest in QiBuck than XC. And you demonstrated today that you are willing to sacrifice XC community’s interest to promote your own agenda. You are not here to help the XC team. You are here to promote your own coin.

I think the real question here is not whether you will tolerate us but whether we will tolerate you in this community.

Please take look at his past post history and Qibuck thread and judge for yourself. He and Qiwoman clearly are the main beneficiaries of Qibuck. He is not doing this for the XC community. He is doing this for himself. I would not be surprised this “collaboration” is his idea and he use his “XC team member” relationship to push it on Dan.

Dan we all know you are a nice guy and you have a good heart. But please do not let people like this take advantage of you and our community.

I for one calling to remove this person from the XC team. He is not here to help us. And he is willing to hurt our community for his personal gains.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:33:53 PM

please do not let people like this take advantage of you and our community.

He is not here to help us. And he is willing to hurt our community for his personal gains.

You're making unjustified assumptions here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:43:05 PM

He is not here to help us. And he is willing to hurt our community for his personal gains.

How is that unjustified ?

Have you look at Qibuck thread ? They already highlighted in OP
" COLLABORATION ON A NEW REVENUE GENERATING WALLET ENHANCEMENT BETWEEN XC COIN AND QIBUCK COIN. "

If this is not using XC's name to promote his own coin, What is it ?

He is the co-founder of Qibuck. He clearly has a conflict of interest here.

We should really consider remove him from the team.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:45:14 PM

+1

Just read this on their thread...

THE WALLET ENHANCEMENT IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF QIBUCK and we cannot disclose it until it is completed. We wanted to give XC DEVS the privilege of this JV partnership and hope to move forward once the whole FUD MESS is cleared up by the XC DEVS AND PR TEAM.

It looks like its a case of helping each other out.

Lets try getting back to being civil to each other.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
georgeblair

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:52:38 PM

Hi all

I'd like to confirm the news just posted here.

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- We will make an official announcement about this on Friday.

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs

why no one's excited for this new development is beyond me. they're working on the tech to have every wallet be able to earn fees from routing private transactions on the network. and it makes sense to collaborate with Qibuck since they already have a passive income tech with their wallets.

XC will collaborate and help get this tech on their nodes/wallets sooner than later. awesome!
Pages: « 1 ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: