Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:27:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:59:16 PM

Hi all

I'd like to confirm the news just posted here.

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- We will make an official announcement about this on Friday.

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs

why no one's excited for this new development is beyond me. they're working on the tech to have every wallet be able to earn fees from routing private transactions on the network. and it makes sense to collaborate with Qibuck since they already have a passive income tech with their wallets.

XC will collaborate and help get this tech on their nodes/wallets sooner than later. awesome!

I agree completely.

I'll also add that this collaboration will result in another revenue source for nodes, unrelated to private transactions.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:11:22 PM

Have the team begun drafting a new wallet layout with all these exciting features?

If there was one feature each community member would like to have added what would it be?
 - For me it would be scalable anonymity.
   Total anon
   List of addresses can see addresses of mine that I specify and maybe even holdings.
   List of addresses can read my chats like tweets or fb wall.
   Shared account that I can setup pre approved with eg. My partner so that we have equal access to spend from it.
  Same level of anon as bitcoin
  Less anon than bitcoin with addresses shown as nicknames.

About the tweets or fb wall rather than only having my client publish it all of my identified friends could forward publish it if we share the intended receivers.

Just random hopefully constructive ideas to move the thread forward.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:17:40 PM

Lastly, grow up and start treating women with a bit of respect.  It didn't help anyone/thing to start being typical male pigs when a woman showed up in our thread.  You do all realize that the world of people buying and spending money is at least 50% women right...?  Why help exclude that market?

I'm eagerly waiting for the day when I can purchase women's clothing and handbags with XC, that would keep my wife happy.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:18:27 PM

Have the team begun drafting a new wallet layout with all these exciting features?

If there was one feature each community member would like to have added what would it be?
   Total anon
   List of addresses can see addresses of mine that I specify and maybe even holdings.
   Shared account that I can setup pre approved with eg. My partner so that we have equal access to spend from it.

About the tweets or fb wall rather than only having my client publish it all of my identified friends could forward publish it if we share the intended receivers.

Thanks for this.

Yeah there's been some discussion about this sort of stuff. Ultimately the "anonymity" built into Bitcoin is too high for some use-cases, not high enough for others, and private in the wrong ways for yet others.

XC addresses this with its flexible approach to privacy. The core technology will be able to fit a wide variety of use-cases; upon this core we can build all sorts of features, discrete apps, APIs, etc. That's our approach to the scenarios you outline.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:19:07 PM

Collaboration = QBK paying to plaster "XC COLLAB" everywhere and hiring XC devs

No, XC will benefit hugely from this.

Just wait until we release the details. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:22:39 PM

Total anon

I'd like to see group Xchat.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
GameStarter

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:29:11 PM

Hi all

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs

why no one's excited for this new development is beyond me. they're working on the tech to have every wallet be able to earn fees from routing private transactions on the network. and it makes sense to collaborate with Qibuck since they already have a passive income tech with their wallets.

XC will collaborate and help get this tech on their nodes/wallets sooner than later. awesome!

I agree completely.

I'll also add that this collaboration will result in another revenue source for nodes, unrelated to private transactions.

It look very interesting, i know XC will devellop Web 3.0 in the futur and i guess internet traffic going through nodes will generate profits. I expect severals features will generate fees using nodes as anonymous vehicule (Xchat,vocal chat,  data transfert, decentralized exchange...).
It would be very interesting to discuss how income from nodes could be distributed and what it imply for the economic model.
I would like to see a progressive sliced income model. For exemple somebody who hold 10kxc in wallet would earn more fees than someone holding 500 xc. the ration of fees won would not be x20 in this case but something we could determine as fair.
It would give a winning fees advantage for first investors (and holder), motivate investors to buy more and more XC in orders to win more fees generated by futur XC features. This kind of rewards model keep investors holding XC, dry out XC supply,as results price go up progressively attracting more and more investors and users.
I think fees should be cheap and not linked to XC price evolution, because if XC price grow too much the cost for using XC technology would be too high wich imply less users/adoption and finally less fees generated. So fees would be paid with XC and the amount would vary from last average x days/hours XC price value.
So many good things are coming Smiley

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:37:41 PM

Hi all

A few details:

I agree completely.

It look very interesting, i know XC will devellop Web 3.0 in the futur and i guess internet traffic going through nodes will generate profits. I expect severals features will generate fees using nodes as anonymous vehicule (Xchat,vocal chat,  data transfert, decentralized exchange...).
It would be very interesting to discuss how income from nodes could be distributed and what it imply for the economic model.
I would like to see a progressive sliced income model. For exemple somebody who hold 10kxc in wallet would earn more fees than someone holding 500 xc. the ration of fees won would not be x20 in this case but something we could determine as fair.
It would give a winning fees advantage for first investors (and holder), motivate investors to buy more and more XC in orders to win more fees generated by futur XC features. This kind of rewards model keep investors holding XC, dry out XC supply,as results price go up progressively attracting more and more investors and users.
I think fees should be cheap and not linked to XC price evolution, because if XC price grow too much the cost for using XC technology would be too high wich imply less users/adoption and finally less fees generated. So fees would be paid with XC and the amount would vary from last average x days/hours XC price value.
So many good things are coming Smiley

Spot on. :-)

The only modification I'd make to your comment is that I think it makes sense for, say, nodes routing internet traffic to earn based on their quality of service, rather than on their wallet balance. This will ensure a high performance network that serves content effectively.

Large balances already earn interest through POS; we'd want to incentivise good network performance.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
GameStarter

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:50:02 PM

we'd want to incentivise good network performance.

Really great idea to vavor network performance regarding  internet and data transfert Smiley

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:54:20 PM

now that its out i'm curious to know more details about the collab.
are you planning to give some more insight in the near future.
today would fit my schedule  Cheesy
silverkinguk

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:57:55 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 02:11:51 PM by silverkinguk

Hello XC Community,
I am very sorry for all good members who had to read my rant at members that took quite a few pages of your time as well as the rants back from some members.
These members were either trolls or those supporting the trollish behaviour,not all people were in that category I know.
 I had brought up an issue to the XC Community about the attacks on Qibuck Coin and instead of the community acknowledging such issue,there were some people ready to trash not only Yanji earlier just for announcements sake,but also trying to attack me as an XC team member which was really not justified.
  My reactions may have not been seen in a positive light I'm sure,but supporting these trollish members is not a good thing either.For long I have been following this XC thread daily and just because I do not post here frequently,I still keep up with XC news as I do value this Coin and community in general,but trolls I do not value at all.I was shocked to see how low some of the members could go in attacking a well known member in the altcoin community and instead of some welcoming her just wanted to rail her over a coin.
Well our XC code of conduct states there should not be any fudding on other coins and devs and to promote a healthy and positive environment in general.Qibuck is not a threat to XC and in fact plans to acquire XC coins as an asset.
 Yanji should have informed the team about the attack on her coin from a few in this thread,but she isn't one who wants to burden others and her real wish is to bring all good and different Altcoins together.

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:12:17 PM

Another troll posts.Give up dude.I have seen you attacking Qibuck coin on Poloniex.

infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:13:24 PM

Apology...sort of...

Your tact, even here in this post, leaves much to be desired.

Synechist is the mouthpiece for XC for a reason. He is tactful. Let's all stick to our proper roles here, eh?

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:14:13 PM

I have said what needed to be said.You trolls can go play now.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

I have said what needed to be said.You trolls can go play now.

stop this troll accusations to everybody that doesn't like your tone please. i'm positive about the colaboration but i don't like the way you present yourself either
infinitechaos

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:20:19 PM

I have said what needed to be said.

Most of what you've said was rather unnecessary actually. We have a PR person for a reason. I hope you're done digging yourself a hole now.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Abrupto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:21:39 PM

I have said what needs to be said.You trolls can go play now.

It appears anyone who has something to say on this matter is a troll, so let me troll.

Arlyn should be the only one handling investor and community relations here. You have handled yourself unprofessionally and caused quite a stirrup. While you may be on the xc foundation there are many xc community members that have done much more for xcurrency than you have.

If you can't handle yourself appropriately then don't post. Your reactions to some of the community posts have kept me from bothering to look at the Qibuck thread at all.
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:21:50 PM

Hello XC Community,
I am very sorry for all good members who had to read my rant at members that took quite a few pages of your time as well as the rants back from some members.
These members were either trolls or those supporting the trollish behaviour,not all people were in that category I know.
 I had brought up an issue to the XC Community about the attacks on Qibuck Coin and instead of the community acknowledging such issue,there were some people ready to trash not only Yanji earlier just for announcements sake,but also trying to attack me as an XC team member which was really not justified.
  My reactions may have not been seen in a positive light I'm sure,but supporting these trollish members is not a good thing either.For long I have been following this XC thread daily and just because I do not post here frequently,I still keep up with XC news as I do value this Coin and community in general,but trolls I do not value at all.I was shocked to see how low some of the members could go in attacking a well known member in the altcoin community and instead of some welcoming her just wanted to rail her over a coin.
Well our XC code of conduct states there should not be any fudding on other coins and devs and to promote a healthy and positive environment in general.Qibuck is not a threat to XC and in fact plan to acquire XC coins as an asset.
 Yanji should have informed the team about the attack on her coin from a few in this thread,but she isn't one who wants to burden others and her real wish is to bring all good and different Altcoins together.

Berkshire Hathaway is not in competition with Microsoft/Skype. As is QiBuck not in competition with XC. I Think we can all move along now. Qi seems like an experiment in a hedge fund coin with both virtual and real assets related to this industry. The two brands are so far apart in what they do that if you look further than they share being build on blockchain tech.
I think if people want to debate this further they should keep it to private messages as to not hurt their investment in this company they support.
Also crypto coins resembles stocks but you don't get voting or other legal right.. Vote with your investments and focus on moving forward or vote with your feet and begone.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:24:21 PM

Those who respond to my statement in a negative fashion are trolls.
I do not care for trolls and those who will show themselves once again attacking a team member.
Those that did attack Yanji and I yesterday should rethink their actions.

infinitechaos

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:24:47 PM

Wait.. is he supposed to be PR or something? I remember when XC was hot Sad
byebye

No, silverkinguk is NOT PR. He is simply an XC Foundation member who is also working with Qibucks. He came here last night to help pre-maturely announce a yet-to-be-fully-disclosed collaboration between XC & Qibucks.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: