Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:56:17 AM

Hi all

I'd like to confirm the news just posted here.

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- We will make an official announcement about this on Friday.

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs, and in this case we will not disadvantage XC's market position in any way (more info as to why will follow).

- Silverkinguk (Samuel) is part of the XC team and so if he announces something it can be trusted.

- This is not the undisclosed PR-related development that I mentioned yesterday.

P.S. I've been aware of this development, but was not aware that it would be announced now. My apologies for the confusion.

That just makes the team sound incompetent. Why are we collaborating with QiBuck? XC supposed to be the best coin out there, all tech developed supposed to be original. By collaborating with other coins, we put ourselves with those coins in the same category. Do we really want to be known to associate with QIBuck? If they fail, XC’s reputation fail with it. Do we really want to take that risk? The same thing goes with Dan reviewing other coin. If Dan gave a good review and those coins turns out to be a scam or P&D. What that will do to Dan’s reputation? There are so many scams and shit coins out there, why are we not distance ourselves from them? On top of that, that guy dropped in here announce the news before the XC team can announce it first.

I love the XC team, but this is very sad.

This was my initial reaction,  but the other coin also has an open Dev team.  I'm feeling a little better after looking into things a little more.  Regarding dans code reviews,  if they end up being pump and dumps it's irrelevant,  all he did was review their code,  not their ethics.

@ bisky.  Irony noted lol. 

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:59:32 AM

[statement]

You have clearly not watched the video (from 33m onward) or done some research. If you did you would not say what you just did! PERIOD

I listened and guess what - my opinion didn't change about this collaboration. I see nothing positive about this. Especially about QBK; not a smart coin, no future.
Monero/XMR would have been a smarter choice.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:01:10 AM

That just makes the team sound incompetent. Why are we collaborating with QiBuck? XC supposed to be the best coin out there, all tech developed supposed to be original. By collaborating with other coins, we put ourselves with those coins in the same category. Do we really want to be known to associate with QIBuck? If they fail, XC’s reputation fail with it. Do we really want to take that risk? The same thing goes with Dan reviewing other coin. If Dan gave a good review and those coins turns out to be a scam or P&D. What that will do to Dan’s reputation? There are so many scams and shit coins out there, why are we not distance ourselves from them? On top of that, that guy dropped in here announce the news before the XC team can announce it first.

YOU speak out my points.

please, do not collaborate with other coins.

if xc have to, please collaborate with coins with some quality  

two lessons will be learnt

the first one  i almost forgot the name, the coin from jasinlee

now you will see this one. clearly this coin has no idea of naming and branding.

XC is greatest coin, i am still holding. but this kind of collaborating is not we want.  sorry
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:04:37 AM

as far as I gathered they are going to work on a shared wallet.. nothing more nothing less.... Oh.. the wallet makes you money... WOOOOT

Dan: I will make up on my word!
silverkinguk

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:04:51 AM

Qibuck is a quality coin engineered with a different concept called 'Asset Backed'.
It is an investment coin and Dan was aware that Qibuck was being worked on even before Qibuck was launched.I had many chats with him on collaboration with this coin.

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
akula999

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:08:24 AM

Qibuck is a quality coin engineered with a different concept called 'Asset Backed'.
It is an investment coin and Dan was aware that Qibuck was being worked on even before Qibuck was launched.I had many chats with him on collaboration with this coin.

How is it asset backed? The QBK ANN page is vague and the numbers don't add up. From what I can tell, QBK needs constant investors to keep it alive and it would require reinvestment in other coins for a "hopeful" future payoff. What would happen if the investment strategy fails? Will some people not get paid? Also how will the coin maintain constant payouts to investors?
I played with the numbers on ANN, it doesn't make sense and is not a smart decision for XC to follow such a negative coin.

XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:10:52 AM

Investments are made in the coin as well as investments in general.
We have some assets that were donated to the coin even before launch.
The main income comes from trading,mining and various projects we fund.
This coin rewards holders and pays a share of revenues generated each month onwards.
Over time more assets will be acquired,the team is doing very well.
The money given to holders is a bonus and not a promise of returns.

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:15:39 AM

i think we lost a great opportunity to overtake other coin's momentum.

just cuz this claimed collaboration.

don't know what you are thinking about.

no doubt. dan is the best dev i have ever seen. but to the marketing strategy, i am lost with these collaborations.

akula999

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:18:05 AM

Investments are made in the coin as well as investments in general.
We have some assets that were donated to the coin even before launch.
The main income comes from trading,mining and various projects we fund.
This coin rewards holders and pays a share of revenues generated each month onwards.
Over time more assets will be acquired,the team is doing very well.
The money given to holders is a bonus and not a promise of returns.

What exactly are those assets? Do you have a balance sheet you can share with the group to prove these "assets" exist and can fund monthly payouts?
Donated coins run out, mining difficulties fluctuate, miner issues can happen, trading go negative, these are all serious blows to the QBK coin. Even if one fails, the rest of the coin tumbles like dominos.
What assets will you be acquiring over time ? Can we see a future business plan ?

XC has a real future. Collaborating with QBK is a negative blow to the coin and the community. I think QBK needs XC just to exist. I also think this can be a marketing rue to increase the value of the QBK coin so that it can be dumped later on.

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:19:45 AM

From all the supporters FUDding and whining, I must have missed the post where all the details of this "collaboration" was published.  

WTH are you guys all whining about anyway?   FFS, let the team tell us the details of this "collaboration", then you can decide if this is worth fudding about.   Are you guys all Pookie's alt accounts or something?!?!?

EVERY SINGLE TIME there's supposedly some good news, you have a whole bunch of fudders come and turn it into negatives.   WTF dudes.

biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:20:36 AM

Hi all

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs, and in this case we will not disadvantage XC's market position in any way (more info as to why will follow).

- Silverkinguk (Samuel) is part of the XC team and so if he announces something it can be trusted.

i hate to admit this publicly, but there have been moments when i think xc is just another racket (wish i could read source code) ...but then i try to consider all of the factors. the factor that settles me back in is always how hard and diligent this team works. maybe they occassionally expend energy where i think it is far from productive (namely the hiatus with mamm coin Sad ) but then they're back to business. what all factors they have to take into consideration when formulating their agenda i know is beyond me. these things are not within my control, this is not my brainchild.

1) i am certain it is in the teams best interest not to be associated with scam coins and that they are quite aware of that fact. and i'm certain they know the difference so therefore scamcoins will be avoided as best they see fit.

2) i don't think that if QiBuck fails, it will reflect poorly on xc. all i see happening in a scenario like that is the QiBuck supporters finding a home here.

3)correct me if i'm wrong, but dan is only reviewing coins who are utilizing xc's rev1 sourcecode? therefore he will receive recognition and be considered the grandfather of them all. a reputation that commands automatic respect. it's called name recognition. again, i only see those investors keeping a closer eye on xc because of his review (when they ask themselves who the #@$! is dan?!) and will be one of the first flood of new investors here.

there. i said it.

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:21:59 AM

From all the supporters FUDding and whining, I must have missed the post where all the details of this "collaboration" was published.  

WTH are you guys all whining about anyway?   FFS, let the team tell us the details of this "collaboration", then you can decide if this is worth fudding about.   Are you guys all Pookie's alt accounts or something?!?!?

seriously?  i am fuding?  look at this "collaboration".   can you imagine APPLE collaborate with some kind of hawker?

maybe i am wrong about it.  but certainly i am disappointed.
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:23:41 AM

seriously?  i am fuding?  look at this "collaboration".   can you imagine APPLE collaborate with some kind of hawker?

maybe i am wrong about it.  but certainly i am disappointed.

Ok, please do tell us all the details of this collaboration.   If you have a game with terrible game play in the AppStore, is that Apple's fault?!?!    You don't even know HOW the collaboration is.   I sure don't.   Please do let us know....

silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:23:46 AM

Akula for future assets I don't have a crystal ball,though for now you can see what Qibuck Coin has spent sofar on assets on the Public Ledger: https://poloniex.com/ledgers/qbk

akula999

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:24:08 AM

Hi all

A few details:

i hate to admit this publicly, but there have been moments when i think xc is just another racket (wish i could read source code) ...but then i try to consider all of the factors. the factor that settles me back in is always how hard and diligent this team works. maybe they occassionally expend energy where i think it is far from productive (namely the hiatus with mamm coin Sad ) but then they're back to business. what all factors they have to take into consideration when formulating their agenda i know is beyond me. these things are not within my control, this is not my brainchild.

1) i am certain it is in the teams best interest not to be associated with scam coins and that they are quite aware of that fact. and i'm certain they know the difference so therefore scamcoins will be avoided as best they see fit.

2) i don't think that if QiBuck fails, it will reflect poorly on xc. all i see happening in a scenario like that is the QiBuck supporters finding a home here.

3)correct me if i'm wrong, but dan is only reviewing coins who are utilizing xc's rev1 sourcecode? therefore he will receive recognition and be considered the grandfather of them all. a reputation that commands automatic respect. it's called name recognition. again, i only see those investors keeping a closer eye on xc because of his review (when they ask themselves who the #@$! is dan?!) and will be one of the first flood of new investors here.

there. i said it.

If QBK fails, then that will weigh negatively on XC. Example, GM owned Pontiac. Pontiac did horribly and now guess what, Pontiac as a car brand is gone. GM Stock took a hit. Daimler merged with Chrysler, we all know what happened there - bad move.
Sometimes collaboration/merging is not a smart move. Especially with a coin like QBK which can't sustain itself.

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:24:53 AM

Hi all

A few details:

there. i said it.

If QBK fails, then that will weigh negatively on XC. Example, GM owned Pontiac. Pontiac did horribly and now guess what, Pontiac as a car brand is gone. GM Stock took a hit. Daimler merged with Chrysler, we all know what happened there - bad move.
Sometimes collaboration/merging is not a smart move. Especially with a coin like QBK which can't sustain itself.

IF Pontiac was a subsidiary of GM, then sure....

QBK is not co-created nor owned by Dan nor XC.

policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:25:14 AM

Node will bring you XC from anon transcations(subject to change till launch)
Node will bring you XC from staking(somewhat less than 1 XC per week per 1000coins)
Node will bring you more XC through fundamentally new crypto techniques such as new collaboration described.

XC's leading tech, focused team and effective PR might lead to XC=100$ in the next couple of years

Huh

profit

But seriously, the team has proved that each and every time we learn about something new, there are like 10 things that are being worked on in the background, in relation or not to the announced/leaked news. So, we hear something about "other coin", or "assets" and stuff, and we fear about the short term price and the negative things. We don't have insider info, thus we cannot estimate the importance of new announcement. Wait till you see the bigger picture(launch), then decide for yourself whether you want to be here for the long ride.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
akula999

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:26:02 AM

Akula for future assets I don't have a crystal ball,though for now you can see what Qibuck Coin has spent sofar on assets on the Public Ledger: https://poloniex.com/ledgers/qbk

All of this was from your ICO and will run out quickly unless you get others to invest. it will be a never ending problem with your coin. No real future and no real tech.

biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:26:35 AM

i think we lost a great opportunity to overtake other coin's momentum.

just cuz this claimed collaboration.

don't know what you are thinking about.

no doubt. dan is the best dev i have ever seen. but to the marketing strategy, i am lost with these collaborations.

i can't find that info right now, but i'm pretty sure i saw that QiBuck only had a $36,000 market cap? if that's true ...if we're infants, they're just little tiny embryos who certainly aren't sucking the lifeline dry.

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:29:05 AM

Akula this coin has a lot of backing,we don't just rely on the ICO money,we rely on team expertise.
We have experienced investors and traders backing this coin on the team.

Pages: « 1 ... 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: