Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:00:27 PM

Can anybody explain why the trade volume of XC is so low? When XC was on its way to 500k the trade volume was way higher, what happened?

It's down in general trading this month because of the Holiday season I suspect. Once Autumn kicks in I expect a higher trading volume all round, but that is just my assumption. All the Whales are probably sunning themselves on beaches now. Cheesy
The trade volume is down for a while now, even before the holidays XC didn't get traded as much as back then, so I doubt that is it.

Because of this:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!wallets

Almost 89% of the coins are not at an exchange.  People are
Just either staking it or it's in cold storage.

That' actually a good thing, less dumpage!. I am waiting to purchase more coins for us then will take them down to stake as well and just trade a little.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 11:03:23 PM

If I look at a thread of which the coin is dying, everybody says that the price will go up again soon.

Why will this not happen to XC? Because everybody is basically saying the same thing here, but I don't see any noticeable price change with XC.

Please note that this isn't FUD, I am just wondering why people have so much faith in a coin.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:13:41 PM

Just looking at QBK on Poloniex and someone made a handsome profit today!

Based on this action I have a good way to collaborate but please take it with a grain of salt Wink   

How about taking that profit and invest in XC - what a great idea?
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:19:38 PM

If I look at a thread of which the coin is dying, everybody says that the price will go up again soon.

Why will this not happen to XC? Because everybody is basically saying the same thing here, but I don't see any noticeable price change with XC.

Please note that this isn't FUD, I am just wondering why people have so much faith in a coin.

Because most other coins are made from an anon dev who are planning to dump and run away forever at any time....

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:56:16 PM

Can anybody explain why the trade volume of XC is so low? When XC was on its way to 500k the trade volume was way higher, what happened?

It's down in general trading this month because of the Holiday season I suspect. Once Autumn kicks in I expect a higher trading volume all round, but that is just my assumption. All the Whales are probably sunning themselves on beaches now. Cheesy
The trade volume is down for a while now, even before the holidays XC didn't get traded as much as back then, so I doubt that is it.

Because of this:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!wallets

Almost 89% of the coins are not at an exchange.  People are
Just either staking it or it's in cold storage.

That' actually a good thing, less dumpage!. I am waiting to purchase more coins for us then will take them down to stake as well and just trade a little.

One important thing many people forget is that also, with more people staking it secures the network.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
ForReal

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:01:45 AM

+100 on this.
One person keep making non-factual statements against a community is trolling. But an entire community speak out against one person is a public outrage

This “silverkinguk” guy’s disrespectfulness and authoritative tone has clearly caused an outrage here. XC team member shouldn’t allow to speak to our community this way.
But those are just sentimental issues, let’s focus on the real issues here, the “collaboration”.

I encourage our community to go over the Qibuck thread and learn more about them. You can see that Qibuck is a much inferior coin and this “collaboration” does not make any sense. This “silverkinguk” guy and that qiwomen are the co-founder of Qibuck. It seems that he is much more invested in the Qibuck project than he is with the XC community. Is he doing what’s best for XC or is he doing what’s best for him and Qibuck? There is clearly a conflict of interest here.
It does appear to me that this guy is using his title of “XC foundation member” to promote his own coin. What has he really done for the XC community anyway? Does he really deserve to be on the XC team?

I think we should have a voting system in case like this. For every 1000xc you hold, you will have 1 vote. We as a community, should be able to vote on whether or not we want a “collaboration” with his coin, and whether or not we want this person to be on the team. NO one person should have the power to just come in here and tell everybody to shut up and listen to him.

I promise you that this collaboration will be hugely to XC's benefit.

The details of it will be announced tomorrow.

Personally I'm not of the opinion that silverkinguk conducted himself ethically. However this isn't to assert that the people who attacked qiwoman last night and who repeatedly criticised the collaboration acted ethically either. It was a shameful mess all round.

It has also been made known to me that some people associated with XC have been fudding other coins, and this is completely awful. We loathe FUD wherever it may be found and XC does not support it or associate itself with it in any way.

If anyone here has fudded any other coin (including QiBuck), I ask you please to publicly apologise (both here and on its thread) and to publicly state that your actions have nothing whatsoever to do with XC.

XC has slowly but surely won back credibility after the FUD launched at it by a competitor did it so much damage. Why make a mockery of what XC has fought hard to put behind it?

Thank you, Don't know what this community would do without you.

Please do not just say some people been fudding other coins. Do point out their names, be specific. So we know who they are and it puts more presure on them to not do it in the future.

Also when you just say "some people", it makes people guessing and it makes all of us looks bad. I have never fud other coins. It's not fair to the rest of us.

And back to the real questions here.
What has silverkinguk done for the XC community ? Why does he deserve to be on the XC foundation ?
How are we dealing with his conflict of interest since he is the co-founder of Qibuck ?
Is he pushing this "collaboration" for XC or for himself and his own coin ?

I think we the community deserve to know
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:51:14 AM

Well, maybe, it's because people are boarding on the LTC train. My friend who wanted to buy XC after much convincing decided that it's profitable to make some gains in other markets before investing in XC. I am assuming that's what certain investors might be doing but its just a guess..
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:04:12 AM

Well, maybe, it's because people are boarding on the LTC train. My friend who wanted to buy XC after much convincing decided that it's profitable to make some gains in other markets before investing in XC. I am assuming that's what certain investors might be doing but its just a guess..

It has gotten to the point now where I am not even worried I will miss out on a price spike any time soon it seems like so I have put my money for investing elsewhere where I can actually see some gains. Why park money now when there is no indication the price is going to go up, even if it does, it always comes back down shortly after... its pretty much locked in a certain area now.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
dannyspk

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:10:45 AM

It has gotten to the point now where I am not even worried I will miss out on a price spike any time soon it seems like so I have put my money for investing elsewhere where I can actually see some gains. Why park money now when there is no indication the price is going to go up, even if it does, it always comes back down shortly after... its pretty much locked in a certain area now.

Yep, I agree. Not that I don't believe in this project and it's team but it has been more than 2 months now and I can understand the frustration and impatience kickin in.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:14:24 AM

Yep, I agree. Not that I don't believe in this project and it's team but it has been more than 2 months now and I can understand the frustration and impatience kickin in.

Same, I have not dumped one XC outside of the start sell to cover mining costs back then... and have in fact invested much more into XC.... the long game is there, but that does not pay the bills sorry. Many of us dont have the luxury to sit on 300- 800 a month just buying XC and sitting and waiting for.... nothing in price climb.

therightmintality

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:19:09 AM

Read my post history.  I love FUD.

This is not a member of the XC Community...
dannyspk

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:27:54 AM

Same, I have not dumped one XC outside of the start sell to cover mining costs back then... and have in fact invested much more into XC.... the long game is there, but that does not pay the bills sorry. Many of us dont have the luxery to sit on 300- 800 a month just buying XC and sitting and waiting for.... nothing in price climb.

I can totally relate to it, buddy. But I suppose that's part of the risk, isn't it?

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:31:16 AM

so sad to see this thread is now full of irrelevant posts.

even worse we lost great chance to catch up with the uptrends.

I do not care other coins.  whatever it is, do not bring XC down.

what i care is our future plan.

are we still on track of official launch, how about the next release and next to next.

qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:43:43 AM

qiwoman2, I'm sorry that you're being fudded, but this is the internet -- get use to it.  Please stop filling this thread with spam.

What do you expect from a trollbox?  Of course there is going to be FUD and trolling.  Who cares, let them carry on.  Please delete your most recent post that takes up an entire page, and I will delete this one.

Ah thank you for saying it is alright for XC supporters to contravene their code of ethics. I will no longer post on this thread don't worry I am out. I know where we are not welcome. From now on I will only communicate with XC DEVS AND XC PR.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
akula999

Activity: 509

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:57:39 AM

hey Everyone, First off I want to offer sincere apologies to anyone who had to endure this back and forth rant between QBK supporters and XC supporters - including me. I have a big mouth and question authority a lot. This may be my russian accent speaking Smiley  But I can't just sit idle while I see my investment choice making some wrong decisions.

When QBK was launching it's ICO on Poloniex, i questioned there ANN OP and was met with vague answers and attacks that i'm Fudding the coin. I was also berated for not treating one of the QBK team members correctly because she's a woman. First off, I had no clue there was a female on the team until it was pointed out to me and I also don't care, female or male, you will get equal questioning by me.

I have to admit that I told that their price/investment model resembles a ponzi scheme during the ICO, at that point they ran with it and screamed FUD even louder.
I backed off and their coin launched.
Now I hear that XC (our investment coin) is collaborating with QBK, that just threw me a curve ball and I needed further answers.
QBK team yelled FUD, I questioned their position and they kept yelling fud. Telling me that the rule is I can't fud any coin.

If I can't question things, then what happened to freedom of speech? I left the Soviet Union in 1989 to escape this type of censorship.

Look, the community can bash me all they want. I just want a sound investment for my families future. As a "share" holder I should have the right to question the decision of the owners of this coin.

QBK has a lot of unanswered questions. Also I don't see how this coin can sustain itself past 2 (maybe 3) months. Their assets are based on future trading which can fail.
I don't see this as a sound decision. If the XC Devs know something I don't, then they need to share it with everyone in this group or there will be more questions and concerns.

Thanks for reading.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:01:56 AM

Anyone have any ideas they would like to see on XC?

Any bolt on technology?

1) Decentralized Marketplace and coin exchange
2) Decentralized Filesharing
3) VOIP, text, Video (IP)
4) Phone app with QT code camera capturing
5) Rocketship to the moon?

qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

qiwoman.  i meant no offense.  i sent you a PM w/ good intentions, please read it.  thanks

I read your pm and acted on it only for the sake of keeping the XC image clean as you requested but I will never be posting here again. If anything needed to be posted regarding our collaboration I will let XC DEVS and PR deal with it form now on thanks.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:06:15 AM

Qiwoman, you have to understand there is no way for Dan or anyone else on the team to control the fud. We have a community member or two that we have ostracized but they continue to come back. They are nothing more than daytraders- they support us, dump us for another coin, fud us, buy back low, and support us again.

As your coins community grows you will experience these growing pains as well. People are upset and tempers have flared. I for one have faith in Dan and when he presents himself to the community with the relevant information I'm sure things will smooth out.

The entire community felt attacked and that is why you received the welcome you did. The best thing to do is stay in the background until announcements are made and the.community calms down. Crypto is fickle and as a new coin dev you must become used to it. There will surely be more to come.
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:07:08 AM

[snip]

Synechist said that XC will clarify the collaborative relationship with qibucks on Friday.  Let us all keep this in mind and patiently wait for this clarification.  I think I speak for all of us when I say that we fully trust Dan's judgment.  So, I am sure that this move is only for the greater benefit of XC.  

Let us set this matter aside until Friday.  And then, after clarification has been provided, let us ask our questions should we still have them.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:11:16 AM

[snip]

Synechist said that XC will clarify the collaborative relationship with qibucks on Friday.  Let us all keep this in mind and patiently wait for this clarification.  I think I speak for all of us when I say that we fully trust Dan's judgment.  So, I am sure that this move is only for the greater benefit of XC.  

Let us set this matter aside until Friday.  And then, after clarification has been provided, let us ask our questions should we still have them.

This +10000

Im still w8ing for Q & A part 2 on reddit!

And antonopoulos aggreed to review XC in order to include it in his new book! I hope synechist is on top of that as well!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Pages: « 1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: