Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:47:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:57:01 PM

I thought this community was better than this. But some of you seem only to be interested in short term gains, thus the irrationality in your behavior. Just like when Dan announced he will review another coin's code.

Lame.

Bull shit. If I was only interested in short term gains I would have cashed out my thousands by now. Been with this coin from pretty much day one, and in fact have invested a good chunk of money into the coin myself.

So please tell me again how I am only interested in a short term gain again?

My behavior is FAR from irrational. What I say is a FACT that you dont want to set a precedence for leakage of info for any bob and joe can come in here and say whatever they want, and because it has become a practice, people will believe it. If it is something negative, your a fool to think that a flash crash could not happen, and would be very hard to recover from.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:57:55 PM

fear of losing the bag.

Emotions are overrated and easy to neutralize. Positive thinking works much better. No need for a back and forth in public.

Just my 2 cents Tongue
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:59:11 PM

I thought this community was better than this. But some of you seem only to be interested in short term gains, thus the irrationality in your behavior. Just like when Dan announced he will review another coin's code.

Lame.

Dont make quick conclusion on only some people its the majority that win in the end Smiley

Indeed. But I felt I needed to mention it. They know who they are. The same happened at the beginning when we tried to find connections on the blockchain. The exact same symptoms: irrationality and fear of losing the bag.

its literally caused fear, uncertaintly and doubt. which is why in future it would be good if we were all on the same page. imo

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

To be blunt, you guys need to get your shit together and make sure such "leaks" dont happen in the future. You are sitting the tone to more or less let anyone come in here and say something that is "Official working with blah blah blah XC team".... and this could in fact be something negative, which would cause the coin to turn upside down faster than you can wipe your backside.

Please understand what I am saying here... this is not the precedence you want to set.

I agree.

Qiwoman2 and silverkinguk have not worked with the team before regarding an announcement. Thus there was no precedent and they just went ahead with things.

This does not, however, set a precedent for the future. You can expect things to happen as they've happened in the past.

Remember, also, that Samuel is an XC team member. It wasn't "just anyone" who made the announcement.

The first thing that should be out of the XC teams mouth is what I said, that they are NOT to discuss or even bring to light anything that is being worked on until you guys do it yourselves.

That is all I am asking. You guys first THEN they can come and say whatever.

Think of my hot head and blunt language as a teaching moment .

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

"SILVERKINGUK -  Co Founder Visionary of QIBUCK/Investment and Overall Running of Operations / Investor".

silverkinguk -  Foundation member XC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest.

Qicoin going up. XC going down. Poloniex.

Hello.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:03:08 PM

My Sincere apologies for making the announcement, I did ask if it was alright to make a small announcement, in future we are collaborating at every level with the XC PR TEAM in order for this not to be repeated. Again our sincere apologies if announcing something positive has rustled a few feathers.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:03:37 PM

Hi all

I'd like to confirm the news just posted here.

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- We will make an official announcement about this on Friday.

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs, and in this case we will not disadvantage XC's market position in any way (more info as to why will follow).

- Silverkinguk (Samuel) is part of the XC team and so if he announces something it can be trusted.

- This is not the undisclosed PR-related development that I mentioned yesterday.

P.S. I've been aware of this development, but was not aware that it would be announced now. My apologies for the confusion.

Guys, can we focus on this.. Great news re nodes, i think this is a feature that will be key going forward and will help to bed in the idea of staking and holding coins for income and staying with "the project"

Also the way I see the team is that Dan is the head in terms of technical expertise / leadership / direction...

Synechsist is the expert mouthpiece...

This is a new team though... And they will not be yet in the "perform" stage... You have to go through a bit of bedding in before you hit top gear... I trust Synechist to be laying down the rules, and I am sure that given time we won't see "leaks".... Remember a lot of these guys are working for the love and belief of the coin and not anything cold and hard so we should cut them some slack.

I would take XC's up front and transparent delivery any day over the other crocks of poo that overflow these forums..

Sounds like Friday could be very interesting indeed to me..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:07:18 PM

I do not think it's appropriate to conclude that there's a conflict of interest based on news of a collaboration. That makes no rational sense imo.

- For starters, XC would not enter into a collaboration unless it was good for XC.

- Secondly, Samuel would not want to jeopardise either one of the coins he's affiliated with, because it would affect him negatively.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:12:23 PM

I do not think it's appropriate to conclude that there's a conflict of interest based on news of a collaboration. That makes no rational sense imo.

- For starters, XC would not enter into a collaboration unless it was good for XC.

- Secondly, Samuel would not want to jeopardise either one of the coins he's affiliated with, because it would affect him negatively.

If the Crypto Currency Space was as united as the International Banking Sector, I am sure the market capitalization, technological enhancement and socio-economic growth of many Societies would indeed be phenomenal, if not life changing for a whole Generation.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
shanuu

Activity: 131

New Beginning!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:15:38 PM

You know what I hate?
Stuff put out there without "details".

You want to know what I dislike even more?

Stuff coming out from other people about work being done, that is not from the XC main team.

Yeah I said it. Have a nice day.

Yep, this looks a bit unprofessional as XC has a PR person currently. Hopefully this won't be considered as a PR stunt / pumping the value of both coins like happened last time when another coin's dev announced something prematurely.

its pumped their coin.

I afraid your right about pump! Another keycoin?

Profetu

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:17:01 PM

Yeah. Those on Bitcoin Foundation are in no way affiliated/work at any company in the crypto sphere. Also ask Charlie Lee.
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

If the Crypto Currency Space was as united as the International Banking Sector, I am sure the market capitalization, technological enhancement and socio-economic growth of many Societies would indeed be phenomenal, if not life changing for a whole Generation.

I'd love to see some good collaboration between communities and different dev's working together to push technological advancements forwards. It's just miserable to see almost all of the coin threads filled with people spreading lies, namecalling each other and behaving very badly. Like a bunch of third graders on steroids with a plot to kill each other (actually, even third graders behave way better most of the time).

Hopefully something good comes out of this and innovation starts to thrive a bit more Smiley

And welcome to XC community!
biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

You know what I hate?
Stuff put out there without "details".

You want to know what I dislike even more?

Stuff coming out from other people about work being done, that is not from the XC main team.

Yeah I said it. Have a nice day.

Yep, this looks a bit unprofessional as XC has a PR person currently. Hopefully this won't be considered as a PR stunt / pumping the value of both coins like happened last time when another coin's dev announced something prematurely.

its pumped their coin.

I afraid your right about pump! Another keycoin?
because they announced collaboration with xc? how is that bad? it could easily be considered a strong indicator of investor sentiment regarding xc ...not to mention more pr. emotions are an odd element in this community. can negativity be more productive than self-defeating? ...it's hard for me to fathom. questioning is good, but how we ask those questions can make a huge difference when communicating.

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:30:41 PM

More important than who made the announcement is the fact that an announcement about an announcement about a yet-to-be-fully-disclosed feature was made.

I know qiwoman2 and silverkinguk were probably super excited about the collaboration and were probably just having a hard time keeping it in, but it's important to make announcements about things like this when full disclosure of detail is able to be given.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:31:37 PM

Some of you need to have a drink  Cheesy
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:36:28 PM

Who are these muppets selling at these levels, someone really should call a doctor....

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:47:50 PM

Lame.

Bull shit. If I was only interested in short term gains I would have cashed out my thousands by now. Been with this coin from pretty much day one, and in fact have invested a good chunk of money into the coin myself.

So please tell me again how I am only interested in a short term gain again?

My behavior is FAR from irrational. What I say is a FACT that you dont want to set a precedence for leakage of info for any bob and joe can come in here and say whatever they want, and because it has become a practice, people will believe it. If it is something negative, your a fool to think that a flash crash could not happen, and would be very hard to recover from.
+1 I agree doesn't hurt to like run this past us does it before making a decision..just saying, we have been here supporting the project from like it's birth...edit anyways im sure it's all for the best, just a bit of a shock...
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:55:28 PM

Ultimately, collaboration on additional features (that would otherwise be ignored apart from collaboration) will be a greater benefit to XC than for the coin they collaborate with.  

Let me give you a real world example:  

Imagine, if it were possible, that both Apple and Microsoft's mobile teams collaborated with each other to develop a single new tech feature that would greatly benefit the consumers of both companies mobile platforms.  And imagine that they only had the capability to develop this feature through collaboration, as resources are limited.

• Would it benefit both companies to work together? Yes, clearly.
  • Would it be of greater benefit to either company to not develop this feature collaboratively? No, it would be less beneficial for both.

But perhaps the most important question:

• Which company will benefit more through collaborative development of this single tech feature?  Apple iOS, because no one fucking uses Windows Phone.

Qibucks will benefit.  But ultimately, XC will reap most of the benefits from this one collaborative effort.  Why?  Because XC's lead is firmly established with superior technology and an incredible dev team.
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:05:39 PM

The main takeaway from all of this confusion is that there needs to be protocol that is strictly adhered to for information on new developments.  The crypto environment is way too touch and go not to do this. The spread of misinformation and fear are all too prevalent, though avoidable if the proper channels of info are created and maintained.

That being said, I'm looking forward to see what this collaboration will bring.  Smiley
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:05:58 PM

Ultimately, collaboration on additional features (that would otherwise be ignored apart from collaboration) will be a greater benefit to XC than for the coin they collaborate with.  

Let me give you a real world example:  

Imagine, if it were possible, that both Apple and Microsoft's mobile teams collaborated with each other to develop a single new tech feature that would greatly benefit the consumers of both companies mobile platforms.  And imagine that they only had the capability to develop this feature through collaboration, as resources are limited.

• Would it benefit both companies to work together? Yes, clearly.
  • Would it be of greater benefit to either company to not develop this feature collaboratively? No, it would be less beneficial for both.

But perhaps the most important question:

• Which company will benefit more through collaborative development of this single tech feature?  Apple iOS, because no one fucking uses Windows Phone.

Qibucks will benefit.  But ultimately, XC will reap most of the benefits from this one collaborative effort.  Why?  Because XC's lead is firmly established with superior technology and an incredible dev team.

This makes logical sense, but it's purely speculation and a prime example why announcements about announcements should be avoided - it just creates speculation.

We have no idea what this collaboration entails other than that it is between XC/Qibucks and it is intended to help nodes make money.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Pages: « 1 ... 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: