Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FlyboyHawk

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:13:06 PM

I'm new to XC. Have Mac client on my pc and wife's pc. We exchanged addresses/pubkeys but when we try to send msg, we get error msg: "message encryption failed". Is this due to known bug in Xchat or is it something I may be missing? I have 710 XC in my client, wife has zero right now. thanks

If you are both on the same internal network (home network)  that won't work as it goes out to other nodes to be mixed and tries to connect to the client coming back in.

I just tried sending XChat msg to your addr/pubkey and I get the same error message?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:18:22 PM

I'm new to XC. Have Mac client on my pc and wife's pc. We exchanged addresses/pubkeys but when we try to send msg, we get error msg: "message encryption failed". Is this due to known bug in Xchat or is it something I may be missing? I have 710 XC in my client, wife has zero right now. thanks

If you are both on the same internal network (home network)  that won't work as it goes out to other nodes to be mixed and tries to connect to the client coming back in.

I just tried sending XChat msg to your addr/pubkey and I get the same error message?

I Think it is a known issue with OS X.

Alright I finally get to try XChat on my Mac. Please someone send me something:

Address: XUHBQfuEMhxVZG76koBVHMyJ31VtMYVW9E

Public Key: 28EWoPmHj5PDfaJbU9mYebrL8KqRkF8uiHezxShyCvh9U

Trying to send synechist a message and getting error message 'message encryption failed'.

What might be amiss?

Has anyone received this error message when trying to send a message? Wondering why I'm getting it...

I am getting the same error on OS X Sad
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:26:59 PM

This is a bug within the Mac wallet only. Dan is aware of it and we've been told it'll be fixed with the next release I believe.

If you want to try out XChat right now on a Mac, you'll have to set up a TORstick using the latest .ISO.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

I promise you that this collaboration will be hugely to XC's benefit.

The details of it will be announced tomorrow.

Personally I'm not of the opinion that silverkinguk conducted himself ethically. However this isn't to assert that the people who attacked qiwoman last night and who repeatedly criticised the collaboration acted ethically either. It was a shameful mess all round.

It has also been made known to me that some people associated with XC have been fudding other coins, and this is completely awful. We loathe FUD wherever it may be found and XC does not support it or associate itself with it in any way.

If anyone here has fudded any other coin (including QiBuck), I ask you please to publicly apologise (both here and on its thread) and to publicly state that your actions have nothing whatsoever to do with XC.

XC has slowly but surely won back credibility after the FUD launched at it by a competitor did it so much damage. Why make a mockery of what XC has fought hard to put behind it?

+1

Thanks for this, synechist.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
WayForward

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:33:15 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 10:07:17 PM by WayForward

+100 on this.
One person keep making non-factual statements against a community is trolling. But an entire community speak out against one person is a public outrage.  

This “silverkinguk” guy’s disrespectfulness and authoritative tone has clearly caused an outrage here. XC team member shouldn’t allow to speak to our community this way.
But those are just sentimental issues, let’s focus on the real issues here, the “collaboration”.

I encourage our community to go over the Qibuck thread and learn more about them. You can see that Qibuck is a much inferior coin and this “collaboration” does not make any sense. This “silverkinguk” guy and that qiwomen are the co-founder of Qibuck. It seems that he is much more invested in the Qibuck project than he is with the XC community. Is he doing what’s best for XC or is he doing what’s best for him and Qibuck? There is clearly a conflict of interest here.
It does appear to me that this guy is using his title of “XC foundation member” to promote his own coin. What has he really done for the XC community anyway? Does he really deserve to be on the XC team?

I think we should have a voting system in case like this. For every 1000xc you hold, you will have 1 vote. We as a community, should be able to vote on whether or not we want a “collaboration” with his coin, and whether or not we want this person to be on the team. NO one person should have the power to just come in here and tell everybody to shut up and listen to him.

Personally I'm not of the opinion that silverkinguk conducted himself ethically. However this isn't to assert that the people who attacked qiwoman last night and who repeatedly criticised the collaboration acted ethically either. It was a shameful mess all round.

It has also been made known to me that some people associated with XC have been fudding other coins, and this is completely awful. We loathe FUD wherever it may be found and XC does not support it or associate itself with it in any way.

If anyone here has fudded any other coin (including QiBuck), I ask you please to publicly apologise (both here and on its thread) and to publicly state that your actions have nothing whatsoever to do with XC.

XC has slowly but surely gained credibility after the FUD launched at it by a competitor. Why make a mockery of what XC has fought hard to put behind it?

If you believe that, then you have been misled.

I have read both threads properly (this and qibucks) You know with out emotion and its pretty clear that silverUK guy is having a bad day and or week.  There were some legitimate questions asked and he comes out and attacks people for asking questions.  I am sorry and I know this guy from poloniex and he isn't this angry, this is personal and the wrong way to go about it.   I didn't see a problem in the qibuck thread at all, I actually have questions of my own .....yet I am too scared to ask them without being branded a troll and or a fudder because I have questions...I shouldn't be made to feel this way.  

The whole situation is a cluster fuck of epic proportions.  You get silver coming in here for a tit for tat trade off because they thought some people trolled their thread.  I didn't see the trollbox bs but its whatever it happens to EVERYCOIN DAILY.  Why complain ?  Oh that's right he is heavily invested.  Makes sense.

Stupid though

Also I dont think anyone from qibucks coins should be announcing anything to do with XC - it should come from XC.  XC isnt the new coin here. Anyway moving forward lets get back on track from the derailment slander war which is the norm these days.

I think the general feeling is XC is a tech powerhouse where we all know qibucks hire devs on the fly to get shit done.  Doesn't bode well in my opinion, but I trust Dan and the immediate team working on this coin.  This still doesnt get me to buy qibucks though.  The attitude stunk from silver and will leave more permanent scars on both coins than anyone else will by asking questions.  
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:34:33 PM

So what is it with absent volume on XC? Has everyone bought who was supposed to buy? Are we waiting for new investors? I realize we usually see heated activity from the team during the last week of the month.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

Many are staking I think (I am anyway)

The way most see it long term wise this is worth a hell of a lot more, we have waited a fair while and we are now coming up to some delivery points... You watch, once the announcements start flowing volume will take care of itself, keep pressing the XC message forward though wherever we can... I really think we are about to see some major action.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
FlyboyHawk

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:41:13 PM

This is a bug within the Mac wallet only. Dan is aware of it and we've been told it'll be fixed with the next release I believe.

If you want to try out XChat right now on a Mac, you'll have to set up a TORstick using the latest .ISO.

Understand, thanks
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:45:03 PM

Mike to the third power, you out there?  Grin
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

Well, looks good so far.  In two weeks QBK has done more than half of these alt's combined.  I finally got 1000 coins hot on the grill steakin...

Congratulations... Smiley This is lovely news.
Just wanted to come over and publicly apologize for the way i talked to you in the XC thread, you probably don't remember but it was out of line, it's unfortunate that some men are pigs towards women, but it's a small minority and in my opinion they are not real men, so please take this how u like, but i am sincerely apologetic and ashamed of the way i was acting, looking forward too seeing what you and the rest of your team can bring to XC and hope too see you on the XC thread without being attacked..( were a protective bunch after the DRK fud i'm sure you understand  Wink )

Hello my Friend, I have had some hard knocks in life and grew up being bullied a lot..The only thing that's changed now is that I fight with fists up to defend what I think is just just but never hold a grudge - ever. If we can turn enemies into friends and fudders into supporters, I am in! Let's all make Crypto a better place and even if sometimes we disagree (like all families do it's normal) Let's just be nicer about it. I want all coins to rock and blossom and as the moon is already overcrowded let's head to colonize some other planets too! QIBUCKS wants to build some Stargates..come with us! We have some good spanners in the works coming and we want everyone together to benefit. If we can bring into Crypto people form all walks of life and just double the market cap from today it would benefit all good coins with sincere intentions. We welcome all good constructive criticism and input. If also something else we have planned falls into place we may have a really nice gift for XC! We are arranging a meeting and if what I plan is doable and we reach an agreement with that company it will benefit Altcoins a lot. The platform we will build anyway but the added extra could more than treble the revenues so fingers crossed they agree to our proposal. Smiley On that note I am very famished and have to cook and eat.. Again thank you so kindly for the lovely apology, we are truly grateful and honored.

Thanks, Dadon.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:06:18 PM

+100 on this.
One person keep making non-factual statements against a community is trolling. But an entire community speak out against one person is a public outrage.  

This “silverkinguk” guy’s disrespectfulness and authoritative tone has clearly caused an outrage here. XC team member shouldn’t allow to speak to our community this way.
But those are just sentimental issues, let’s focus on the real issues here, the “collaboration”.

I encourage our community to go over the Qibuck thread and learn more about them. You can see that Qibuck is a much inferior coin and this “collaboration” does not make any sense. This “silverkinguk” guy and that qiwomen are the co-founder of Qibuck. It seems that he is much more invested in the Qibuck project than he is with the XC community. Is he doing what’s best for XC or is he doing what’s best for him and Qibuck? There is clearly a conflict of interest here.
It does appear to me that this guy is using his title of “XC foundation member” to promote his own coin. What has he really done for the XC community anyway? Does he really deserve to be on the XC team?

I think we should have a voting system in case like this. For every 1000xc you hold, you will have 1 vote. We as a community, should be able to vote on whether or not we want a “collaboration” with his coin, and whether or not we want this person to be on the team. NO one person should have the power to just come in here and tell everybody to shut up and listen to him.

XC has slowly but surely gained credibility after the FUD launched at it by a competitor. Why make a mockery of what XC has fought hard to put behind it?

+1. Please let's go back to the way we were. Polite and accepting. This was XC for me except the last few pages. No one gets little by a little apology.  Smiley

I have read both threads properly (this and qibucks) You know with out emotion and its pretty clear that silverUK guy is having a bad day and or week.  There were some legitimate questions asked and he comes out and attacks people for asking questions.  I am sorry and I know this guy from poloniex and he isn't this angry, this is personal and the wrong way to go about it.   I didn't see a problem in the qibuck thread at all, I actually have questions of my own .....yet I am too scared to ask them without being branded a troll and or a fudder because I have questions...I shouldn't be made to feel this way.  

The whole situation is a cluster fuck of epic proportions.  You get silver coming in here for a tit for tat trade off because they thought some people trolled their thread.  I didn't see the trollbox bs but its whatever it happens to EVERYCOIN DAILY.  Why complain ?  Oh that's right he is heavily invested.  Makes sense.

Stupid though

Also I dont think anyone from qibucks coins should be announcing anything to do with XC - it should come from XC.  XC isnt the new coin here. Anyway moving forward lets get back on track from the derailment slander war which is the norm these days.

I think the general feeling is XC is a tech powerhouse where we all know qibucks hire devs on the fly to get shit done.  Doesn't bode well in my opinion, but I trust Dan and the immediate team working on this coin.  This still doesnt get me to buy qibucks though.  The attitude stunk from silver and will leave more permanent scars on both coins than anyone else will by asking questions. 

Thank you for your kind apology and it is accepted. Also I know many here class us as an Inferior coin to XC but may I again in defense of our coin note that we are less than 2 weeks old and we have other specialties like Intellectual Property of more of an investment nature that will help our Coin reach a stable and steady upward trend in growth. We are not here to 'compete' with other coins but to 'complement' the Crypto Space with our innovative ideas (And yes innovative ideas doesn't always mean lines of code) that may enhance the Altcoin Industry for Everyone's benefit. So in the light and spirit of good communication and collaboration i do hope that the XC Community will not look down on us continually like the DARKCOIN Community did to XC. Also may I add if a Child is 15 years old in High School and his older Brother has gone onto Higher Education, does that mean the younger brother is inferior because of it's age or different character? I am only posting in person here because we don't have a puiblic PR spokesperson full time yet so am representing our Coin and Team.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
WayForward

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:16:17 PM

+100 on this.

+1. Please let's go back to the way we were. Polite and accepting. This was XC for me except the last few pages. No one gets little by a little apology.  Smiley

Stupid though

I think the general feeling is XC is a tech powerhouse where we all know qibucks hire devs on the fly to get shit done.  Doesn't bode well in my opinion, but I trust Dan and the immediate team working on this coin.  This still doesnt get me to buy qibucks though.  The attitude stunk from silver and will leave more permanent scars on both coins than anyone else will by asking questions. 

Thank you for your kind apology and it is accepted. Also I know many here class us as an Inferior coin to XC but may I again in defense of our coin note that we are less than 2 weeks old and we have other specialties like Intellectual Property of more of an investment nature that will help our Coin reach a stable and steady upward trend in growth. We are not here to 'compete' with other coins but to 'complement' the Crypto Space with our innovative ideas (And yes innovative ideas doesn't always mean lines of code) that may enhance the Altcoin Industry for Everyone's benefit. So in the light and spirit of good communication and collaboration i do hope that the XC Community will not look down on us continually like the DARKCOIN Community did to XC. Also may I add if a Child is 15 years old in High School and his older Brother has gone onto Higher Education, does that mean the younger brother is inferior because of it's age or different character? I am only posting in person here because we don't have a puiblic PR spokesperson full time yet so am representing our Coin and Team.

I haven't logged on for a while and posted, I just like to read these days after I proved ying and yang were in the hands of a pump and dump team and got trolled hard for pointing it out.  Mind you if you search for that thread its gone and the coin is.....dead. Whaddayaknow ? lol 

I was posting my opinion of the saga between these two coins form my perspective - and My perspective isnt for everyone I get it, but not to be rude I wasn't actually apologizing for anything I thought.   

I will apologize on behalf of XC for one thing - When we are attacked and associated with things we find inferior we will defend ourselves as we should. Its just this time when the announcement isnt coming from XCs team we get left wondering wtf is going on - some people take things differently. 

SilverkingUK needs to come in here and make a massive apology for the way he conducted himself and he is supposed to be on the xc team too.  Baring that I will retract my apology until he apologies for all the problems he caused...in both threads.

Best of luck qibucks  - and you know exactly who I am on poloniex trollbox - nordie

qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:37:39 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 10:50:12 PM by qiwoman2

+100 on this.

Stupid though

I think the general feeling is XC is a tech powerhouse where we all know qibucks hire devs on the fly to get shit done.  Doesn't bode well in my opinion, but I trust Dan and the immediate team working on this coin.  This still doesnt get me to buy qibucks though.  The attitude stunk from silver and will leave more permanent scars on both coins than anyone else will by asking questions.  

I haven't logged on for a while and posted, I just like to read these days after I proved ying and yang were in the hands of a pump and dump team and got trolled hard for pointing it out.  Mind you if you search for that thread its gone and the coin is.....dead. Whaddayaknow ? lol  

I was posting my opinion of the saga between these two coins form my perspective - and My perspective isnt for everyone I get it, but not to be rude I wasn't actually apologizing for anything I thought.    

I will apologize on behalf of XC for one thing - When we are attacked and associated with things we find inferior we will defend ourselves as we should. Its just this time when the announcement isnt coming from XCs team we get left wondering wtf is going on - some people take things differently.  

SilverkingUK needs to come in here and make a massive apology for the way he conducted himself and he is supposed to be on the xc team too.  Baring that I will retract my apology until he apologies for all the problems he caused...in both threads.

Best of luck qibucks  - and you know exactly who I am on poloniex trollbox - nordie

Hello Noride nice to see you again. If I hadn't permission to post the announcement I would certainly not have done it but it's done now and we should all move on. Both the XT Team and the QIBUCK teams in their own rights are working hard for their coins to evolve and if anyone of the Investors here knew what it takes to run and build a coin, believe me they would be far lenient and forgiving if we, by human error don't always live up to their expectations. Again I will personally take responsibility for Sam's outcry to defend my person and our Coin s I apologize of behalf of Sam, if he hasn't done so already. I personally don't have the time or energy to try to /prove' to anyone here or elsewhere that we are not a rubbish coin. I will get back to work to do what it takes to make sure in the future everyone looking back on this thread will decide that arrogance and superiority complexes are not the best way forward for business or human development. Smiley. I hope to pop in from time to time to read on XC developments as we are also buying into XC as an investment. We picked up our first batch of coins last night off the POLO exchange. Sam has also informed me he has already apologized on the thread, you will need to scroll back to find it thanks

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Can anybody explain why the trade volume of XC is so low? When XC was on its way to 500k the trade volume was way higher, what happened?
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:51:46 PM

Can anybody explain why the trade volume of XC is so low? When XC was on its way to 500k the trade volume was way higher, what happened?

It's down in general trading this month because of the Holiday season I suspect. Once Autumn kicks in I expect a higher trading volume all round, but that is just my assumption. All the Whales are probably sunning themselves on beaches now. Cheesy

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:52:46 PM

It's down in general trading this month because of the Holiday season I suspect. Once Autumn kicks in I expect a higher trading volume all round, but that is just my assumption. All the Whales are probably sunning themselves on beaches now. Cheesy
The trade volume is down for a while now, even before the holidays XC didn't get traded as much as back then, so I doubt that is it.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

The trade volume is down for a while now, even before the holidays XC didn't get traded as much as back then, so I doubt that is it.

Maybe it will pick up again soon, we got some buy orders in. Smiley.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:55:39 PM

Because of this:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!wallets

Almost 89% of the coins are not at an exchange.  People are
Just either staking it or it's in cold storage.

flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:56:25 PM

+100 on this.
One person keep making non-factual statements against a community is trolling. But an entire community speak out against one person is a public outrage

XC has slowly but surely won back credibility after the FUD launched at it by a competitor did it so much damage. Why make a mockery of what XC has fought hard to put behind it?

Arlyn, looking forward to this. Way too exciting around here. Hopefully the market will react with positive sentiment for XC of course Wink I'm cautiously optimistic but the market has been quite unpredictable lately. Time will tell.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

Maybe it will pick up again soon, we got some buy orders in. Smiley.

Just buy at market, u won't regret it.
Pages: « 1 ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: