Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:41:48 PM

Dan reviewing other coin's code is the best marketing strategy XC could have.

All of the other coin's investor's see their coin's code was reviewed by a guy named Dan, and so they look him up...

This leads them to XC... and because they are already invested in a coin that Dan is reviewing they are more likely to invest in XC.

This is a VERY high yield marketing strategy, and money cannot buy better leads than this.

yeah no.  I see a dev reviewing shitcoins and I see a developer who isn't excited enough about his own project to funnel all of his energy there.

Throw in the fact that the coins are competing - I see a developer who doesn't understand the term conflict of interest.

So no.  That's not what everyone sees.

I see a revolutionary coin and a revolutionary approach to the community. The tech is great and still under heavy development -> so be patient.
The approach to the crypto community is revolutionary in the sense that we as a community take on this financial privacy centered innovation together.
The world has been in conflict ever since the current elite has existed. It has always been a method http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule to separate the people and getting them not to accomplish their goals and see the real problems.

This is exactly how most people view crypto as well at the moment; they support one team and all the rest is bad. You dont realize this is the revolution the world has been waiting for, for a long time! It's so damn early in the game you actually get to question the development of coins. It's like facebook when they where still programming it. There are no losers in this scene, since everyone here is already aware of these developments.

I understand it's hard to look at this with a new set of eyes, it's a whole new paradigm. (you've learned to view the world in conflict)
Let developers learn and cooperate with each others.
Most coins will fail, but not the lessons they bring the community. We are evolving at a rate that is unlike anything else!
A lot of coins will serve very specific niches of the market. I trust XC with their "odd approach" to make the same kind of gutt based decisions as the team has done until now. I have faith that the coins that cooperate from the view of sharing strengths will boost each other and get this community to an entire new level

There are 2 sides to every coin.  Should I provide the opposing view?
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:42:53 PM

Nice "little" buy wall at 120840 on Trex right now. 

EDIT: "BIG"

Driv3n  is that yours? LOL

Haha nope thats not mine but I might add to it soon.

Order book is looking nicer than it has in a while.

Money moving in from CANN  Wink

the money stays to a coin which is good.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:43:53 PM

All of the other coin's investor's see their coin's code was reviewed by a guy named Dan, and so they look him up...

This leads them to XC... and because they are already invested in a coin that Dan is reviewing they are more likely to invest in XC.

This is a VERY high yield marketing strategy, and money cannot buy better leads than this.

yeah no.  I see a dev reviewing shitcoins and I see a developer who isn't excited enough about his own project to funnel all of his energy there.

Throw in the fact that the coins are competing - I see a developer who doesn't understand the term conflict of interest.

I see a revolutionary coin and a revolutionary approach to the community. The tech is great and still under heavy development -> so be patient.
The approach to the crypto community is revolutionary in the sense that we as a community take on this financial privacy centered innovation together.
The world has been in conflict ever since the current elite has existed. It has always been a method http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule to separate the people and getting them not to accomplish their goals and see the real problems.

This is exactly how most people view crypto as well at the moment; they support one team and all the rest is bad. You dont realize this is the revolution the world has been waiting for, for a long time! It's so damn early in the game you actually get to question the development of coins. It's like facebook when they where still programming it. There are no losers in this scene, since everyone here is already aware of these developments.

I understand it's hard to look at this with a new set of eyes, it's a whole new paradigm. (you've learned to view the world in conflict)
Most coins will fail, but not the lessons they bring the community. We are evolving at a rate that is unlike anything else!
A lot of coins will serve very specific niches of the market. I trust XC with their "odd approach" to make the same kind of gutt based decisions as the team has done until now. I have faith that the coins that cooperate from the view of sharing strengths will boost each other and get this community to an entire new level

No. This conversation has been had, at length, twice.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:47:19 PM

The conversation that I'm considering posting goes far beyond code reviews.
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:49:19 PM

Please post  Roll Eyes
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:22:59 PM

Please post it!
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:39:46 PM

where can i find more info about xc ?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:41:23 PM

Right here, I presume. Or here.

What do you want to know? Ask away.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:25:16 PM

Let's hear it.
MiningMinion

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:27:29 PM

website is good too

http://xc-official.com/
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 07:29:21 PM

website is good too

http://xc-official.com/

The website is rather out of date at the moment, excepting the news section.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:10:59 PM

I FINALLY broke the 1000 XC mark:-)

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:40:51 PM

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

Mixer nodes will stake if transaction volume is low (which it is at the moment). So you could set up a node and just let it run. You'd either stake or get tx fees.

It's incredibly easy. Just install it and run it. :-)

Best to make four payments of 250XC to four separate addresses in it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
prospect

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

Congratulations!

Mixer nodes will stake if transaction volume is low (which it is at the moment). So you could set up a node and just let it run. You'd either stake or get tx fees.

How long does it take before you can stake? Maybe i should move my funds. Holding this one for long term now.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:01:14 PM

Congratulations!

How long does it take before you can stake? Maybe i should move my funds. Holding this one for long term now.

A couple of weeks normally, after which you'll get stakes pretty frequently.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:08:41 PM

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

A couple of weeks normally, after which you'll get stakes pretty frequently.

When will the news get released?
As it seems we are testing new lows currently, and maybe good news could at least stop the downtrend Smiley
addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:20:21 PM

well, wasn't I a bright spark buying at 26!  Cry

I've bought even higher... no worries, XC will get to such heights again. Can't say such thing about other alts, but XC is just rock solid. To compensate I bought even more XC now with the low prices  Smiley
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:25:53 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 09:43:58 PM by IMJim

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

Cool man, thanks for the reply.

I know things have changed much with this node stuff and I have not been able to keep up!  Can you point me to the latest instructions on setting this up bud?

If I have a bit more than 1k, should I still move it all into one wallet for the node, still splitting it up into 4 chunks to different addies?  If I acquire more XC, is it wise to just keep adding them to the node wallet?

EDIT - Yeah I tried to find instructions on setting up the node, but could not.  Website says instructions to be uploaded soon.  Will wait to hear back from you.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:27:46 PM

well, wasn't I a bright spark buying at 26!  Cry

I've bought even higher... no worries, XC will get to such heights again. Can't say such thing about other alts, but XC is just rock solid. To compensate I bought even more XC now with the low prices  Smiley

I posted this in the wrong thread haha! (I've deleted the post now)

I don't regret buying XC! I've bought XC between 12 & 16 so its not too bad. (though I can't see my mintpal history and think i bought my first lot there so could have paid higher)

Either way... No Regrets, patiently waiting on news!!

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:50:02 PM

Someone has been placing large bids today... 13 BTC earlier at 120k (filled), and now another 10 BTC at 113k. 
Pages: « 1 ... 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: